07-26-2009, 08:58 AM
no such division.

yes so true.

whatever.

comment?

:D

uki
07-26-2009, 09:00 AM
complimentary opposing factors as inseperable as yin and yang. :)

SPJ
07-26-2009, 09:03 AM
Shaolin vs Wudang? Internal vs external?

this is a common question that are asked.

personally, I think that it is a temporary characterization of different aspects of the same things. meaning the definition may be changed.

some said it is only a different training regime to get the same final results.

some said--

what do you think?

:D

uki
07-26-2009, 09:06 AM
Shaolin vs Wudang?one and the same... wudang was shaolin before being "excommunicated" for taking the rebellion personally and getting involved.

this is a common question that are asked.people are ignorant and mainstream media tends to blur the lines of reality...

Scott R. Brown
07-26-2009, 09:13 AM
From the Ch'an perspective everything is a reflection of Mind, so technically speaking everything is internal!

uki
07-26-2009, 09:35 AM
From the Ch'an perspective everything is a reflection of Mind, so technically speaking everything is internal!where is ones mind? the internal must be incased within the external. :p

kwaichang
07-26-2009, 02:01 PM
Uki and S Brown are making good points KC

Scott R. Brown
07-26-2009, 05:59 PM
where is ones mind? the internal must be incased within the external. :p

In Essence there is no mind!

However, all phenomena are manifestations of Mind!

Without Mind to perceive, we cannot demonstrate anything to exist.

uki
07-27-2009, 02:15 AM
In Essence there is no mind!

However, all phenomena are manifestations of Mind!

Without Mind to perceive, we cannot demonstrate anything to exist.hmmmm... i think it's all in your head. :D

Scott R. Brown
07-27-2009, 02:42 AM
LOL!!.....:p

bawang
07-27-2009, 04:48 AM
in the end internal and external are the same, just the order of training for the two are reversed

uki
07-27-2009, 09:20 AM
in the end internal and external are the same, just the order of training for the two are reversedimagine that... another enlightened individual. :)

funny you can post a coherent sentence, complete with proper grammar and spelling, when the timing is appropriate... true testament of your martial ability - feign when beneficial, attack when the appropiate situation arises. :p

David Jamieson
07-27-2009, 10:35 AM
no. it is a made up term.

humans are whole.

you cannot divide the body, it works as a single and connected unit.

this term was made up fairly recently and used as a marketing tool more than anything else and a good bulk of it is simple misinterpretation of the meaning.

uki
07-27-2009, 12:28 PM

humans are whole.

this term was made up fairly recently and used as a marketing tool more than anything else and a good bulk of it is simple misinterpretation of the meaning.OMG!!! someone else has seen the light!!!

this division makes alot of money off of peoples ignorance though. :)

taai gihk yahn
07-27-2009, 12:50 PM

humans are whole.

this term was made up fairly recently and used as a marketing tool more than anything else and a good bulk of it is simple misinterpretation of the meaning.

OMG!!! someone else has seen the light!!!

this division makes alot of money off of peoples ignorance though. :)

agreed; I will say though,that there is an older "tradition" within Taoist practice of "internal" versus "external" alchemical longevity practice, which refers to the use of meditation / visualization / movement as opposed to ingesting things like cinnabar, arsenic, lead, silver, etc. for achieving longevity / immortality; but that distinction makes sense; the more contemporary one vis a vis TCMA was pretty much thanks to Sun Lu Tang, and is pretty much propaganda to establish why training in a Shaolin-like way (sweat, blood, tears) was a bad / worse thing to do than more genteel-like stuff that encompassed the sort of training that was being offered to the weekend-warrior / intelligensia types who often wanted to study MA such as taiji and bagua (remember, Yang Lu Chan and Dong Hai Chuan were both instructors to nobility, so they had to "sell" what they did to that class of peeps; SLT was a student of both arts, and so he was pretty much following in his teachers footsteps, "sanitizing" the practice for the nobles)

bawang
07-27-2009, 05:11 PM
imagine that... another enlightened individual. :)

funny you can post a coherent sentence, complete with proper grammar and spelling, when the timing is appropriate... true testament of your martial ability - feign when beneficial, attack when the appropiate situation arises. :p

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

i said exactly what the difference between external and internal is in one short sentence, i dont think thats pretending to be enlightened, i think u juggling and imitating training footage from jackie chan movies is pretty funny tho

uki
07-27-2009, 05:32 PM
u dont know what i meant because all u do for made up kung fu training is juggling and imitate training from jackie chan moviesme wanna likey to know how you know what i do an who i am?

i explain to u ok in kung fu there are hard and soft excercises internal and external train them both but the order of traiing the excercises is reversed, in the end they are the same and theres no differencefunny... i didn't ask for your explanation again... i already understood the concept ages ago. :)

bawang
07-27-2009, 05:38 PM
me wanna likey to know how you know what i do an who i am?

i remember reading your post on this internet forum about juggling for training kung fu and posting photos of u imitating excercises jackie chan did in the movie drunken master, then u said in forum you actually never kung fu learned from anybody and made up your own training. roflmao

funny... i didn't ask for your explanation again... i already understood the concept ages ago.
no you dont you faker lol

give a example, explain more deeply , u cant lol

i explain a simple thing in one sentence thats poser, u spam walls of text for 1600 posts about garbage is more enlightened roflfle

uki
07-27-2009, 05:58 PM
i remember reading your post on this internet forum about juggling for training kung fu and posting photos of u imitating excercises jackie chan did in the movie drunken master, then u said in forum you actually never kung fu learned from anybody and made up your own training. roflmaoyour point? i guess it's against the rules to imitate what others have done? imagine that... you cannot imitate what another man does... so what style do you practice again? LOL... did you imitate anything your teacher did? strange... i remember doing what my teacher showed me - i actually had to imitate what she did in order to learn a form... imagine that... i had to do exactly what she did.

no you dont you fakerif i was a straight and tall tree i would be cut down by now.

give a example, explain more deeply , u cant lolwhy complicate what is simple? it's better to lure a deep dwelling fish to the surface - makes for an easier catch.

i explain a simple thing in one sentence thats poser, u spam walls of text for 1600 posts about garbage is more enlightened roflfleLOL... whatever you say dum fuk. me can play tupid and dum too!! :)

bawang
07-27-2009, 05:59 PM
no u :mad::mad::mad:

uki
07-27-2009, 06:01 PM
no u :mad::mad::mad:awwwww... don't cry little guy.

bawang
07-27-2009, 06:09 PM
why complicate what is simple? it's better to lure a deep dwelling fish to the surface - makes for an easier catch.

but it is better to massage a bloated rectum than poke it with a needle
*strokes beard
your dao is strong but i am sorry i must go to train juggling and watch sacred training manual "snak in the eagle shadow"

uki
07-27-2009, 06:14 PM
but it is better to massage a bloated rectum than poke it with a needlenot if it's your rectum... :p

*grabs that stupid beard and smooshes its owners face into the effing mud* :rolleyes:

4 tears training?? LOL... i have you beat in this lifetime alone. :D

bawang
07-27-2009, 06:21 PM
please enlighten me oh great master what did u do in you 200 years of great dao cultivation
learned some sh1t forms did some pushups rofl

uki
07-27-2009, 06:35 PM
please enlighten me oh great master what did u do in you 200 years of great dao cultivation
learned some sh1t forms did some pushups rofl200 years!!!??!?!? come on buddy... i graduated from pre-school already. :)