PDA

View Full Version : immaturity level of forum posters

uki
07-27-2009, 04:05 PM
all i can say is that the number of people that seem to get off belittling other posters is absolutely astounding... good job all you disciplined martial artists(especially the ones who claim to be master-sifu-sensei's) - your humble aspects truly reveal themselves along with your childish posts. :rolleyes:

goju
07-27-2009, 04:13 PM
all that kung fu moral conduct is bs basically very frew live by it

TenTigers
07-27-2009, 04:18 PM
you're a doody!

taai gihk yahn
07-27-2009, 04:24 PM
yo mama

goju
07-27-2009, 04:31 PM
all i can say is that the number of people that seem to get off belittling other posters is absolutely astounding... good job all you disciplined martial artists(especially the ones who claim to be master-sifu-sensei's) - your humble aspects truly reveal themselves along with your childish posts. :rolleyes:

the jerkstore called they are running out of you!

uki
07-27-2009, 04:33 PM
LOL... you effing pansies... :p

kwaichang
07-27-2009, 04:41 PM
Uki they cant help it it is like a compulsion they have toooooo type KC

TenTigers
07-27-2009, 04:44 PM
noooo. You do.

uki
07-27-2009, 04:45 PM
people reveal their true selves with the words they choose to type. :)

kwaichang
07-27-2009, 04:48 PM
Why do all the rude ones seem to be from NY is everyone up there an ... ho.. ? KC

uki
07-27-2009, 04:53 PM
Why do all the rude ones seem to be from NY is everyone up there an ... ho.. ? KCwhy?? because new york is the effing epicenter of egocentric negative energy - absolutely the worst city on the planet in my opinion. :)

TenTigers
07-27-2009, 05:03 PM
why?? because new york is the effing epicenter of egocentric negative energy - absolutely the worst city on the planet in my opinion. :)
-and the cultural capital of the world!

:D

uki
07-27-2009, 05:05 PM
-and the cultural capital of the world!a culture of ignorant and fearful idiots is hardly a culture worth belonging to. :)

MysteriousPower
07-27-2009, 06:28 PM
And of course the LK started asking about completely irrelevant things such as this person's custody battle and threat from IRS. That's typical bs that he usually does. That reminds me of when Joe the Plumber got famous and the news people started dredging up his so called bad background to cause people to doubt him. Stupid and childish.

LK, if you can't compete in a words, then admit that you suck and move on. You are the kind of guy who will come to a fair fight...with a weapon. Nice.

uki
07-27-2009, 06:38 PM
You are the kind of guy who will come to a fair fight...with a weapon. Nice.which makes him even more likely to be stuck by it. :)

Kansuke
07-27-2009, 07:06 PM

STFU you *****

冠木侍
07-27-2009, 08:41 PM

That is one possibility. It is easy to create an image of yourself through carefully worded posts on a forum and therefore can project whatever image they want. Whether or not they are like that in real life is always suspect but certainly not worth losing sleep over.

uki
07-28-2009, 12:40 AM
That is one possibility. It is easy to create an image of yourself through carefully worded posts on a forum and therefore can project whatever image they want. Whether or not they are like that in real life is always suspect but certainly not worth losing sleep over.i disagree here... even when people pretend to be someone else, they are still revealing their true selves wether they choose to acknowledge it or not... and you can be sure that i am not losing any sleep over anyone's post on these forums - i was simply making an observation.

STFU you *****awwwwww... this is the nicest post i have gotten from you so far. :p

Scott R. Brown
07-28-2009, 02:32 AM

I prefer to think of it as "TOUGH LOVE"!:D

uki
07-28-2009, 02:39 AM
I prefer to think of it as "TOUGH LOVE"!ahhhh... so everyone really loves each other on these boards. nice. :rolleyes:

Scott R. Brown
07-28-2009, 02:43 AM
i disagree here... even when people pretend to be someone else, they are still revealing their true selves wether they choose to acknowledge it or not... and you can be sure that i am not losing any sleep over anyone's post on these forums - i was simply making an observation.

Well, what is "ONE"S TRUE SELF"?

The best that can be said is that what is revealed to others is merely an “aspect” of a false identity!

We don’t all act exactly the same under all life conditions. You treat a client/customer different than you treat your children, who are treated differently than you girl friend/wife who is treated differently than your parents, who are treated differently than your boss, who is treated differently than the phantasms posting on this BB!

We are all a multiplicity of personalities that are integrated into what we believe to be a cohesive identity!

Further, our impressions of others are all filtered through our own biased personalities. We are not even what we appear to be to ourselves, much less what we appear to be to others.

It is all a game of actors playing different roles at different times under different circumstances. Life is pretend.

Those \who take it too seriously are bound by the illusion!

Scott R. Brown
07-28-2009, 02:44 AM
ahhhh... so everyone really loves each other on these boards. nice. :rolleyes:

It is LOVE that keeps us together.....:eek::D

uki
07-28-2009, 02:48 AM
We don’t all act exactly the same under all life conditions. You treat a client/customer different than you treat your children, who are treated differently than you girl friend/wife who is treated differently than your parents, who are treated differently than your boss, who is treated differently than the phantasms posting on this BB! i'd beg to differ here... i'd be willing to say that i am the same person around my friends, parents, children, cashiers, this forum, my boss, my co-workers, judges, lawyers, etc, etc... there is no desire nor need for me to pretend to be someone i am not - if people don't like me... well, thats not really my problem now is it?

Scott R. Brown
07-28-2009, 02:55 AM
i'd beg to differ here... i'd be willing to say that i am the same person around my friends, parents, children, cashiers, this forum, my boss, my co-workers, judges, lawyers, etc, etc... there is no desire nor need for me to pretend to be someone i am not - if people don't like me... well, thats not really my problem now is it?

Just because you don't perceive it does not mean you behave identically under all circumstances. You have the same identity, but different personalities according to the circumstance!

I am sure you are aware of this, you do have notable insight, you may just be defining the phenomenon differently than I!

ittokaos
07-29-2009, 10:50 PM
Well, this forum in general isn't much of a Kung Fu forum to begin with. When you really read all the BS that passes for topics around here you can kinda figure that the level you are going to be working with is not top notch(yes, myself inc before any of you d o u c h e s type anything).

Scott R. Brown
07-30-2009, 12:43 AM
Well, this forum in general isn't much of a Kung Fu forum to begin with. When you really read all the BS that passes for topics around here you can kinda figure that the level you are going to be working with is not top notch(yes, myself inc before any of you d o u c h e s type anything).

Huh, huh.......Huh, huh......he said, "douches"! Huh, huh!:eek:

David Jamieson
07-30-2009, 09:43 AM

well, to be fair, "this" forum does get colorful and although it is clearly not the off topic forum, it is the defacto one.

you can go into the sub forums and get a way cleaner line of discussion on specific topics.

ittokaos
07-30-2009, 11:40 AM
well, to be fair, "this" forum does get colorful and although it is clearly not the off topic forum, it is the defacto one.

you can go into the sub forums and get a way cleaner line of discussion on specific topics.

Not really. Ths shaolin one is either kissing the butt of modern shaolin(wushu) when it is not trying to unravel the mystery of Shaolin Do.

The southern one is all stupid lineage fighting(clf and hung mainly)

The wing chun one is asking about the finer points all the while bashing their own style but saying that bong sao is useless, the stance is wrong, you need to train in a ton of other styles to make it effective, etc...

No one really says anything in the Nei Jia one. I guess they save it all for emptyflower.

The MMA one is always just talking about the latest or older PPV events.

The reality one just discusses people getting arrested for fighting or fights on youtube.

Off topic is there for no reason other than the fact that the main forum was getting too irrelevant for itself and had to be split up into two.

Once in a great while someone will actually post in the Other related arts forum.

The martial arts media one talks about anything that maybe might one day have something to do with kung fu in a movie and overall has release dates for said films.

The magazine one gives us updates on how the mag is doing and never needed a forum. I dont know about you but I dont feel the need to discuss in a forum setting a topic that really is just an update letter.

Which leaves us with the Northern mantis one and the Kung Fu training one. I dont practice Northern Mantis but they are one of the few that actaully discuss their style(in a semi civilized manner) and give tips on training. The training one is the other good one based on the fact that they actually talk about training.

The only reason to have a martial arts forum is to either discuss training(all aspects) or to discuss styles(since it's a Kung Fu one maybe we start there).

I am sorry, Mr. Jamieson, I disagree.

David Jamieson
07-30-2009, 12:13 PM
Not really. Ths shaolin one is either kissing the butt of modern shaolin(wushu) when it is not trying to unravel the mystery of Shaolin Do.

The southern one is all stupid lineage fighting(clf and hung mainly)

The wing chun one is asking about the finer points all the while bashing their own style but saying that bong sao is useless, the stance is wrong, you need to train in a ton of other styles to make it effective, etc...

No one really says anything in the Nei Jia one. I guess they save it all for emptyflower.

The MMA one is always just talking about the latest or older PPV events.

The reality one just discusses people getting arrested for fighting or fights on youtube.

Off topic is there for no reason other than the fact that the main forum was getting too irrelevant for itself and had to be split up into two.

Once in a great while someone will actually post in the Other related arts forum.

The martial arts media one talks about anything that maybe might one day have something to do with kung fu in a movie and overall has release dates for said films.

The magazine one gives us updates on how the mag is doing and never needed a forum. I dont know about you but I dont feel the need to discuss in a forum setting a topic that really is just an update letter.

Which leaves us with the Northern mantis one and the Kung Fu training one. I dont practice Northern Mantis but they are one of the few that actaully discuss their style(in a semi civilized manner) and give tips on training. The training one is the other good one based on the fact that they actually talk about training.

The only reason to have a martial arts forum is to either discuss training(all aspects) or to discuss styles(since it's a Kung Fu one maybe we start there).

I am sorry, Mr. Jamieson, I disagree.

Don't be sorry! It's totally 100% ok to disagree! :)

I have a different view. It's something along the lines of:

a) you gotta open a lot of oysters before you find a pearl.

or

b) you gotta shovel a lot of snow to get to the cabin sometimes.

:-)

lkfmdc
07-30-2009, 12:15 PM
edited (10 character minimum)

lkfmdc
07-30-2009, 12:16 PM
you gotta shovel a lot of snow to get to the cabin sometimes.

that sounds vaguely "dirty"

Where is sanjuro!

lkfmdc
07-30-2009, 12:19 PM
I tried to edit, then deleted, now can't repost? Sort of weird huh?

I post a serious topic, like theory, and I get 5 responses and it drops to the bottom

When I put up "fake news " and go after the Shaolin DoH! squad, we get 156 responses in a day.

On the southern forum, I was getting interested in some documents relating to CLF and the Taiping rebellion, but the "my lineage is bigger than your lineage" stuff made the thread impossible to read

I like some of Rober Chu's posts on the wing chun forum, but mostly it's "would Emin Boztepe beat Godzilla on the moon in a chess match" sort of stuff there

I tried to have a serious discussion about the shape and context of Chi Sao, only to see people get their nose out of joint because it's some sort of sacred cow

That seems to be SOP here...

This is not a very serious forum. That just seems to be fact

uki
07-30-2009, 12:24 PM
you gotta open a lot of oysters before you find a pearl.unless you get lucky.

you gotta shovel a lot of snow to get to the cabin sometimes.don't go to the cabin in the winter and you won't have to shovel the snow. :)

uki
07-30-2009, 12:25 PM
This is not a very serious forum. That just seems to be factthen the blame falls clearly on you, afterall you are the alpha and the omega - the entire forum revolves around you. :p

taai gihk yahn
07-30-2009, 01:30 PM
I tried to edit, then deleted, now can't repost? Sort of weird huh?

I post a serious topic, like theory, and I get 5 responses and it drops to the bottom

When I put up "fake news " and go after the Shaolin DoH! squad, we get 156 responses in a day.

On the southern forum, I was getting interested in some documents relating to CLF and the Taiping rebellion, but the "my lineage is bigger than your lineage" stuff made the thread impossible to read

I like some of Rober Chu's posts on the wing chun forum, but mostly it's "would Emin Boztepe beat Godzilla on the moon in a chess match" sort of stuff there

I tried to have a serious discussion about the shape and context of Chi Sao, only to see people get their nose out of joint because it's some sort of sacred cow

That seems to be SOP here...

This is not a very serious forum. That just seems to be fact

well put - to whit, we've got the makings of a very nice discussion in the qigong /meditation section - but I'm betting it's only a matter of time before it dies from lack of oxygen or gets burned to a flaming crisp;

of course, at least the Burning Palm thread has died down, thankfully...

Water Dragon
07-30-2009, 03:30 PM
First you say this

Then you throw a general insult New York way.

a culture of ignorant and fearful idiots is hardly a culture worth belonging to. :)

Pot, meet Kettle.

Scott R. Brown
07-30-2009, 04:50 PM
Well it is a social forum with MA as a common interest. I think sometimes people have expectations that are a bit to high!

It is more like a modern way of hanging out in a bar with your buddies. If you want to learn more about MA then buy a book or go to a school and actually train!

If you want to socialize, stay after class and down some brewskies with your fellow students and instructor, or hang out on a MA forum!

The same topic discussed over and over again gets pretty redundant over time! You can only talk about the big game you won in high school so many times before it just becomes boring!

uki
07-30-2009, 05:12 PM
Then you throw a general insult New York way.i didn't say anything about people insulting a city... i never knew a city actually cared about what was said about it... nice try though. :p

David Jamieson
08-01-2009, 06:00 AM
unless you get lucky.
don't go to the cabin in the winter and you won't have to shovel the snow. :)

a) yes, I suppose it's possible.

b) if you don't get inside, you freeze to death. what are your options?

:p

Scott R. Brown
08-01-2009, 07:29 AM
b) if you don't get inside, you freeze to death. what are your options?

Snow Cave!

uki
08-03-2009, 02:48 PM
a) yes, I suppose it's possible.well that's because anything and everything IS possible.

b) if you don't get inside, you freeze to death. [/quote]not if you travel to in the three other seasons...

what are your options?in my experience, it's easier to warm oneself up than to cool oneself off... practice some forms, jog, do some jumping jacks, juggle some iron balls, etc, etc, and you'll keep yourself warm until the weather breaks... and as scott stated, build a snow cave at night to stay warm... haven't you read any books by tom brown? survival should be like learning to cook - it's everyones personal responsibility. :)

Ray Pina
08-03-2009, 03:22 PM
a culture of ignorant and fearful idiots is hardly a culture worth belonging to. :)

Bro, you make some gross generalizations. Every place has its good and bad part. New York City is wonderful. It has its own culture and energy. It's not for everyone.

You also made a pretty negative statement about people who compete in fighting. It's no different then chess or baseball or any other competitive activity.

I know how a lot of "Kung Fu" people think because I've spent a lot of time with them and am one of them. Yin and Yang, it's based on relativity. Short begets long, and so on.

If you don't go out to fight with others you can never truly know where your level is. You just can't. You can think you're very good. You can think you're very bad or somewhere in between.... but those are thoughts. You'll never know unless you compare.

TenTigers
08-03-2009, 03:38 PM
fearful idiots? Hey, I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid. I'm NOT paranoid, because I carry a gun!:D

uki
08-03-2009, 03:55 PM
Bro, you make some gross generalizations.they're the ones that need to be made... most people are oblivious to the obvious.

Every place has its good and bad part. this is correct.

New York City is wonderful.when it is at it's zenith... yes.

It has its own culture and energy.yes it does and it is experiencing a rapid descent towards nadir. history will tell us that the island of manhattan was bought for 24 dollars from the native indians of the time... considering that the white man brought diseases, war, and prejudice that eventually destroyed the ancient peoples of this land, this is nothing more than a reflection of what created this place... it is an energy vortex - it has something like 7 fault lines that criss-cross beneath it's street... naturally an energy vortex will manifest GREAT changes and revelations to be percieved(such is the nature of energy)... this planet is being raped of harmony by modern man, which is the same force that that eradicated the indians and their ancient way of life based on observing and respecting nature. as nadir approaches, the city will continue to self-destruct, simplt beacause: "what goes up, must come down".

It's not for everyone.just like understanding the nature of things...

You also made a pretty negative statement about people who compete in fighting.the best part about making generalizations is discovering the individual exceptions...

It's no different then chess or baseball or any other competitive activity.yet much like playing baseball and playing chess, the only difference is the spectators... true test of skill does not require people any observers but those who participate... some play for fun, others for recognition.

I know how a lot of "Kung Fu" people think because I've spent a lot of time with them and am one of them. Yin and Yang, it's based on relativity. Short begets long, and so on.what does kung fu mean? this is the core of the problem... proper understanding is the simple solution.

If you don't go out to fight with others you can never truly know where your level is.very true, but going back to chess and baseball, some games are best played between friends or strangers with only themselves as witnesses.

You just can't.yes, but i already explained the differential as to how you can.

You can think you're very good.and you can also know you are.

You can think you're very bad or somewhere in betweenwhy not walk the narrow path inbetween the two sides of the scale? this way you do not upset the balance as you pass by.

but those are thoughts.and thought creates...

You'll never know unless you compare.and you won't see unless you stop and look.

nice to see you back... i wondered what you were doing with yourself. glad to see all is well on your journey. :)

Ray Pina
08-03-2009, 07:20 PM
I agree with you about one thing, I dislike the "fight scene." I'd much rather compare in private then surrounded by a bunch of shaved chest, jelled hair, Tap Out wearing agro freaks.

As for New York and the white man and fault lines and all of that.... there are times I look around and think man is the scourge of the earth no matter where one looks. yea, white man robbed and killed off the natives here. Before that the Caribs were raiding and killing the Tainos here on these islands. And it was Africans that invented slavery. The undisciplined man without honor is a terrible thing and rampant.

But I see acts of kindness too. And even if they're rare I add my share and bring them with me and there's always the birds and waves.

And if the earth cracks and swallows me so be it. And if a wave dumps on me and takes me down for good, o well. I'm happy to be here now to feel the good and the bad. I used to think about all these things and now just see it as it is as it is is

uki
08-03-2009, 07:25 PM
I used to think about all these things and now just see it as it is as it is isamen... yet you must remember that others might need some of what we see in order to help open their eyes - keeping it to yourself would be selfish... wisdom and understanding is to be freely shared, not bought and sold. :)

Ray Pina
08-03-2009, 07:53 PM
I'm open and honest with my heart and mind and let those that have eyes to see, see and ears to hear, hear... otherwise it's just preachy.

Folks have been telling me to lay off the weed for over 15 years. I was up to over an ounce a week. I knew it wasn't "healthy" to put that amount of smoke into my lungs... then one day, July 4 of this year, I just stopped. I'm done with it. I did the same with booze when I was like 20. I just really liked pot.

When the time is right...

Scott R. Brown
08-03-2009, 07:53 PM
... this planet is being raped of harmony by modern man, which is the same force that that eradicated the indians and their ancient way of life based on observing and respecting nature. as nadir approaches, the city will continue to self-destruct, simplt beacause: "what goes up, must come down".

The planet is NEVER out of harmony. It is impossible for anything in the universe to be out of harmony!

Harmony/chaos is a duality created by man. Some people have arbitrarily decided that man has destroyed the planet. This is impossible! Man is part of the harmony of the planet/universe!

Harmony is not a still point or an idealized unchanging balance. It is an alternation between Yin and Yang. There can be no harmony without chaos in order to contrast with it. Both are arbitrary designations imposed upon an already harmonious condition by busy-body humans who don't understand that the balance they are trying to impose upon the planet will create just as much of what they consider disharmony as already exists.

The belief in disharmony is what creates disharmony!

The planet/universe balances itself. It is when humans try to fix things that they REALLY screw things up! There are always unintended negative consequences whether the initial intent was supposed to be helpful to the overall balance or whether the action was selfishly motivated!

It is leaving everything alone without trying to FIX that allows natural balance to occur "of itself" (tzu-jan)!

uki
08-03-2009, 08:07 PM
Folks have been telling me to lay off the weed for over 15 years. I was up to over an ounce a week.sweet jesus!!! even i could've told you that was too much!!

I knew it wasn't "healthy" to put that amount of smoke into my lungs... so what's your excuse about cooking with it then?

then one day, July 4 of this year, I just stopped.atleast you didn't quit.

I'm done with it.until you start again...

I did the same with booze when I was like 20. spirits kill me, wine is nice, and it has to be a good quality beer... moderation is the key to success in all that we do.

I just really liked pot.i still do!!

When the time is right...i stop and start all the time... there is a time and place for all things under the sun.

The planet is NEVER out of harmony. It is impossible for anything in the universe to be out of harmony!hmmm... i beg to differ... you have to fine-tune musical instruments for a reason.

Harmony/chaos is a duality created by man. Some people have arbitrarily decided that man has destroyed the planet. This is impossible! Man is part of the harmony of the planet/universe!much like the man made global warming nonsense...

Harmony is not a still point or an idealized unchanging balance. It is an alternation between Yin and Yang. There can be no harmony without chaos in order to contrast with it. Both are arbitrary designations imposed upon an already harmonious condition by busy-body humans who don't understand that the balance they are trying to impose upon the planet will create just as much of what they consider disharmony as already exists. mankind has a tune-up coming...

The belief in disharmony is what creates disharmony!

The planet/universe balances itself.so you believe the universe gets out of balance??

It is when humans try to fix things that they REALLY screw things up!how do they screw it up if all is in harmony?

There are always unintended negative consequences whether the initial intent was supposed to be helpful to the overall balance or whether the action was selfishly motivated!*points up to the musical instrument tuning post*

It is leaving everything alone without trying to FIX that allows natural balance to occur "of itself" (tzu-jan)!makes me want one of the those "save the planet" bumper stickers!!!

Scott R. Brown
08-03-2009, 08:23 PM
hmmm... i beg to differ... you have to fine-tune musical instruments for a reason.

In tune or out of tune is a man made contrivance! A musical instrument is tuned because it is a contrived tool for making music. Is the clap of thunder or the wind in the trees out of tune? Only if man contrives it to be so!

…so you believe the universe gets out of balance??

The alternation between balance/imbalance, harmony/chaos is a contrivance of man!The alternation IS the balance.

…how do they screw it up if all is in harmony?

It is in harmony! It is screwed up within in their own minds. Since they have created an arbitrary condition they become confined by their own distinctions!

….*points up to the musical instrument tuning post*

In tune and out of tune is a man made contrivance.

uki
08-03-2009, 08:31 PM
venus just got a tune up much like jupiter... http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,535869,00.html and http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/07/30/2014376.aspx

OUCH!! this might hurt... i love tune ups, don't you? :D

Scott R. Brown
08-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Tune ups are part of the alternation which is balance in action!

uki
08-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Tune ups are part of the alternation which is balance in action!let's agree to agree...

Scott R. Brown
08-03-2009, 08:40 PM
LOL!! Yeah, but that's not as fun!:D

uki
08-03-2009, 08:41 PM
LOL!! Yeah, but that's not as fun!what is fun? :p

Scott R. Brown
08-03-2009, 08:46 PM
I baited you and you took it hook line and sinker!!!:p

Hurray for me!!!:D

Scott R. Brown
08-03-2009, 08:47 PM
THAT was fun!!

uki
08-03-2009, 08:48 PM
I baited you and you took it hook line and sinker!!!how do you know you haven't simply snagged some seaweed?

Scott R. Brown
08-03-2009, 09:00 PM
how do you know you haven't simply snagged some seaweed?

Because there is something AWFULLY fishy about you!!!:D

uki
08-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Because there is something AWFULLY fishy about you!!!must be the stench... LMAO!!

Scott R. Brown
08-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Baited again, and taken alive!!! :p

Good thing I am a catch and release man!:)

uki
08-03-2009, 09:09 PM
Baited again, and taken alive!!!all part of the game...

Good thing I am a catch and release man!good thing i am not a shark. :)

Scott R. Brown
08-03-2009, 09:10 PM
all part of the game...
good thing i am not a shark. :)

LOL! I like shark fin soup!;)

Ray Pina
08-04-2009, 04:44 AM
So who won? Who's the wisest?

taai gihk yahn
08-04-2009, 04:45 AM

me, of course, because I didn't particip...oh, wait...

taai gihk yahn
08-04-2009, 04:47 AM
actually, what we have seen is a great demonstration of various classical kung-fu postures, including Tiger Licks its Wounds and Loudmouth Know-it-all Inserts Foot in Mouth
:eek::eek::eek::D:D:D

uki
08-04-2009, 04:52 AM
actually, what we have seen is a great demonstration of various classical kung-fu postures, including Tiger Licks its Wounds and Loudmouth Know-it-all Inserts Foot in Mouth.i dunno how one can catch a tiger by fishing...

Scott R. Brown
08-04-2009, 07:16 AM

There is no winning or losing! There is just playing the game!:)

actually, what we have seen is a great demonstration of various classical kung-fu postures, including Tiger Licks its Wounds and Loudmouth Know-it-all Inserts Foot in Mouth
:eek::eek::eek::D:D:D

Well, just take your foot out of your mouth....geez do I have to tell you EVERYTHING!:p

i dunno how one can catch a tiger by fishing...

It is easy if it is a Tiger shark! Just use a hook line and sinker.

uki
08-04-2009, 08:22 AM
There is no winning or losing! There is just playing the game!some people are just competitive by nature and this manifests itself in the way they percieve and think about everything.

It is easy if it is a Tiger shark! Just use a hook line and sinker.like i said before... its a good thing i am not a shark. :p

Ray Pina
08-04-2009, 08:32 AM
This is why some people just put gloves on. It's more definitive and less painful for everyone else.

Scott R. Brown
08-04-2009, 08:34 AM
like i said before... its a good thing i am not a shark. :p

How do you know?

Maybe you are a shark, just dreaming you are uki?:eek:

uki
08-04-2009, 08:44 AM
How do you know?

Maybe you are a shark, just dreaming you are uki?then you better be mighty careful when you reel me in. :D

This is why some people just put gloves on. It's more definitive and less painful for everyone else.no offense, but gloves are for girls... (a figure of speech - the last thing i want to do is offend the forum ladies) :p

Scott R. Brown
08-04-2009, 08:53 AM
then you better be mighty careful when you reel me in.:D

You forget...I am a catch and release kind of guy...especially when sharks are involved.

If I have to I'll just cut the line if I can't pacify the your gnashing teeth!:D

uki
08-04-2009, 08:55 AM
You forget...I am a catch and release kind of guy...especially when sharks are involved. so you're a smart guy.

If I have to I'll just cut the line if I can't pacify the your gnashing teeth!yes... you'll have much better luck simply cutting the line. :)

Scott R. Brown
08-04-2009, 08:57 AM
yes... you'll have much better luck simply cutting the line. :)

Maybe I'll just hold it out for you to bite through for yourself!

uki
08-04-2009, 08:58 AM
Maybe I'll just hold it out for you to bite through for yourself!then i will attack your puny little junk and wait for it to sink...

Scott R. Brown
08-04-2009, 09:03 AM
then i will attack your puny little junk and wait for it to sink...

Watch out for your fin, I may just hitch a ride.

Or maybe I'll shove an air tank into your mouth and hit it with a ridiculously easy rifle shot!

Then it will be CHUM CITY!!!:D

uki
08-04-2009, 09:07 AM
Watch out for your fin, I may just hitch a ride. oh thats right... you are a fan of shark fin soup... i will take your weakness into consideration.

Or maybe I'll shove an air tank into your mouth and hit it with a ridiculously easy rifle shot!that only happens in the movies...

Then it will be CHUM CITY!!!you mean YUM YUM city...

Scott R. Brown
08-04-2009, 09:09 AM
you mean YUM YUM city...

LOL!! Yum Yum/Chum Chum, it's all in the eye of the beholder!:p

uki
08-04-2009, 09:10 AM
LOL!! Yum Yum/Chum Chum, it's all in the eye of the beholder!effing gross... the last thing i needed to think about was sucking on some used tampons. :eek:

Scott R. Brown
08-04-2009, 09:13 AM
effing gross... the last thing i needed to think about was sucking on some used tampons. :eek:

All forms are empty, even used tampons!:eek:

uki
08-04-2009, 09:16 AM
All forms are empty, even used tampons!obviously you are speaking from direct personal experience... so tell me, how empty did it taste? :p

Scott R. Brown
08-04-2009, 09:18 AM
obviously you are speaking from direct personal experience... so tell me, how empty did it taste? :p

It tastes a lot like Iron actually, LOL!

冠木侍
08-13-2009, 09:38 PM
i disagree here... even when people pretend to be someone else, they are still revealing their true selves wether they choose to acknowledge it or not... and you can be sure that i am not losing any sleep over anyone's post on these forums - i was simply making an observation.

Sorry, I forgot about this one.
It seems you had something on your mind or something was bothering you...not to the point of losing sleep but enough where you felt you had to make a thread about it.

I can see your point but revealing something about themselves is sometimes as subtle as the tone of a post, regardless of subject matter. I am sure you have something very specific in mind that you could cite as an example but we won't go there. It is good you do not lose any sleep as you shouldn't.

Reading posts all the time on different forums allows for a broad spectrum of styles in attitude and writing. Whether or not they are representative of the author remains to be seen. And I always have a difficult time ascertaining the actual age of some posters as their attitudes online often show some immaturities. However, it is not something I dwell upon but I have come across people online that have exhibited the type of maturity that I look for in potential friends. Sadly, that does not happen so often.

uki
08-14-2009, 03:03 AM
However, it is not something I dwell upon but I have come across people online that have exhibited the type of maturity that I look for in potential friends. i have found a few friends in this manner...

Sadly, that does not happen so often.it happens more surfing across the internet, than it does in person... i have very few friends close by that i can relate to in my daily life. i believe this phenomenom has happened in order to balance out the planet... if all those who were fully awake and spiritually mature, consolidated into one spot or locality(at the present time), the planet would probably fall apart. :D

bawang
08-14-2009, 06:07 AM
:confused::confused::confused:

???

:confused:

uki
08-14-2009, 11:28 AM
:confused::confused::confused:

???

:confused:it ok... you comprehension skill make tings sound funny and confuse to you. :p

sanjuro_ronin
08-14-2009, 11:35 AM
Very mature Uki.

uki
08-14-2009, 11:44 AM
Very mature Uki.you tay out of dis big guy... bawang make me fun of so i make him fun of. :D

SPJ
08-14-2009, 12:56 PM

not all the time. I have been surfing many CMA forums in China, Taiwan, and south east Asia.

Usually, everyone knows about everyone. so most of the time, posters are just joking around.

for example, if a thread started with some questions, then answers are usually citing a link to a valid source. whatever you say without a verifiable good source will not be taken seriously.

if you said something about what you think, then the next post will be derailing it. such as have you eaten upstairs? are you hungry? I am cooking instant noodle, you may come.

previous post is considered upstairs to the current post. or tai shang.

the forum board is like a high building/hotel. moderators are called the owner of the building or lou zhu.

there is no noodle. it is simply an invitation to come over to my place and prove what you just said by exchanging hands. or meet in person then we discuss.

then you may respond by yes, I am coming, I will bring some wine and snacks (meaning friends).

good we are waiting for you.

---

they are all mature and serious about their posts.

--

if one backs down, then his talks/posts will be ignored in the future.

--

several weeks later, both may come back and post that they both have a good time over the weekend. the noodle is good, the wine and snacks are good, too. meaning they both get aquainted in person.

--

:)

SPJ
08-14-2009, 01:04 PM
not all the time. I have been surfing many CMA forums in China, Taiwan, and south east Asia.

Usually, everyone knows about everyone. so most of the time, posters are just joking around.

for example, if a thread started with some questions, then answers are usually citing a link to a valid source. whatever you say without a verifiable good source will not be taken seriously.

if you said something about what you think, then the next post will be derailing it. such as have you eaten upstairs? are you hungry? I am cooking instant noodle, you may come.

previous post is considered upstairs to the current post. or tai shang.

the forum board is like a high building/hotel. moderators are called the owner of the building or lou zhu.

there is no noodle. it is simply an invitation to come over to my place and prove what you just said by exchanging hands. or meet in person then we discuss.

then you may respond by yes, I am coming, I will bring some wine and snacks (meaning friends).

good we are waiting for you.

---

they are all mature and serious about their posts.

--

if one backs down, then his talks/posts will be ignored in the future.

--

several weeks later, both may come back and post that they both have a good time over the weekend. the noodle is good, the wine and snacks are good, too. meaning they both get aquainted in person.

--

my point is that people already know people.

there is no point to prove anything on the forum board or it is a futile effort without meeting people in person.

so all the wasted arguments and posts will not be there.

uki
08-14-2009, 01:25 PM
my point is that people already know people.and your point? people seem to think they deserve respect because of their position in the martial arts world, yet they treat people who are preconcievably beneath them without any respect and then when one of somebody seemingly dis-respects them, they start crying like a two year-old.

there is no point to prove anything on the forum board or it is a futile effort without meeting people in person.so when is the big shing daza?? we should keep it somewhere natural - out is the open... have a stream or two nearby, a forest within the folds of some mountains - it would make a great issue for the magazine.

so all the wasted arguments and posts will not be there.what one man throws away, another man can use it for utilization... it's amazing what can be found when you dig around in the trash. :)

Scott R. Brown
08-14-2009, 03:58 PM
what one man throws away, another man can use it for utilization... it's amazing what can be found when you dig around in the trash. :)

I have always said that the BB is part of my training......ok not directly MA training, but Ch'an training, which is still MA training to me!

Ford Prefect
08-16-2009, 11:14 AM

Good call! Let's make a post belittling people for belittling people! Yeah! That'll drive the point home. No wonder I rarely come back to this place.

uki
08-16-2009, 11:33 AM
Good call! Let's make a post belittling people for belittling people! Yeah! That'll drive the point home. you're good!! mirrors are awesome teachers.

No wonder I rarely come back to this place.that's a shame, you might actually learn something. :)