PDA

View Full Version : Passing of Ma Lei

Three Harmonies
07-28-2009, 10:11 AM
It is with great sadness I pass along this message, Ma Lei (son of Ma Han Qin) has passed away July 19, 2009 in Beijing at the young age of 50. Below is a short memorial from Gao Jian Laoshi, as well as a nice tribute Yuri put up on Youtube. He is a student of Illya Profatilov Laoshi as well as studying with Ma Lei these past few years.

Apparently this is a bad summer to be a Tanglang teacher. Though I never met him, I have heard nothing but positive in regards to Ma Lei the man, the martial artist, and the father. My sincerest condolences are extended to both his blood and martial family.

Peace,
Jake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnmYd...&feature=email (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnmYdQaEiZQ&feature=email)

Farewell to our Kung Fu brother Ma Lei

With great sadness, yet a greater firmness, we watched the photos of farewell ceremony held in Beijing for our honourable Kung fu brother and leader master Ma Lei who passed away on the 19th of July, 2009 in Beijing at the age of 50.

As a younger son of grand master Ma Han Qin, Ma Lei was a chairman of Beijing Tang Lang Quan Association, former chief coach for Chinese police special task force, a 7th Duan “San Shou” expert in Chinese martial arts.

Under his leadership, Beijing “Ma Pai” praying mantis boxing as one of the decent traditional praying mantis style has been promoted in the world in recent years and won the respect in martial arts world. More importantly, the spirit of traditional Chinese Kung fu, perhaps with a “Ma Pai” image has been spread out attracting more and more brothers and sisters in the world together regardless what nationality he or she is.

As Ma Lei ‘s Kung Fu brother , I firmly believe that our great spirit will continually guide us cultivating forward in a right way - the Dao(Tao) and we all will be united as ONE unity in the universe , for great spirit is immortal ! As what I said to one of my friends before: from so many passed masters in Chinese martial arts, we have seen the proven fact of the energy conservation in the world.

Let us Be firm, be passionate, be persevering and be in love with our heritage!

We will be all right!

May our master Ma Han Qing welcome one of his great sons with great relief!

Published by Gao jian in Melbourne, Australia

TaichiMantis
07-28-2009, 11:25 AM
That is sad...I'm sure he will be greatly missed, but it sounds like he touched a lot of people with his skill.

Tensei85
08-01-2009, 12:13 PM
That's truly sad, my sincerest condolences to the friends, family and students.