PDA

View Full Version : Boy, I must be out of touch...

TenTigers
07-28-2009, 01:08 PM
ok, so there was this deadhead festival last weekend, and some 29 yr old kid turned up dead, and they are mentioning the NO2Mafia.
Ok, I am not into the Greatful Dead, but what is the NO2 Mafia?

David Jamieson
07-28-2009, 01:11 PM
wait a minute, someone got killed at a hippy concert and it wasn't a drug overdose?

what the heck is wrong with america?

uki
07-28-2009, 01:19 PM
i had a gun put to my head at a regional rainbow gathering in ocala national forest back in 2000... peace and love my a$$!!

David Jamieson
07-28-2009, 01:23 PM
wtf is a regional rainbow gathering?

is that some sort of hippy fest with a gay twist?

wtf? lol :p

uki
07-28-2009, 01:26 PM
wtf is a regional rainbow gathering?

is that some sort of hippy fest with a gay twist?

wtf? lolthe rainbow gathering was and still is the group of diehard hippies that used to follow jerry garcia and the grateful dead around the country... a big huge forest full of smelly hippies walking around barefoot on loads of LSD... LOL... good times!! i once traded a roll of toilet paper for a 10 strip. :D

oh and i don't like the dead... just the cid that comes along with the gathering. :p

David Jamieson
07-28-2009, 01:28 PM
... a big huge forest full of smelly hippies walking around barefoot on loads of LSD...

sounds like the homeless camp in florida... :(

TenTigers
07-28-2009, 01:29 PM
iit were the sixties, you'd probably be in with The Merry Pranksters.

uki
07-28-2009, 01:36 PM
sounds like the homeless camp in florida...plenty of free food though - no one was starving... most everyone who goes brings food items that tent kitchens prepare and dish out to the hungry... everyone carries a wooden bowl, cup, or something so when they are wandering around in the forest and stumble upon a food tent, they can grab a bite to eat. i have only ever been to that one, it was an experience i have to say... LOL... my mom ate a 10 strip and locked herself in the car for 4 hours while some guy was running and jumping up and down on it - there was also this guy called "animal" who had a chain around his neck and was linked up to a tree... the funny part was he could unlock the collar himself, but he didn't figure it out - kinda like jet li in "unleashed"... this guy ate WAY too much of the LSD in his lifetime...

GeneChing
07-28-2009, 04:12 PM
...when I worked for the Dead, we called it hippie crack. You could always tell the NO2 patients because they would black out and face plant. That meant a face of major road rash with few scrapes to the hands and arms. If you're going to do NO2, sit down.

I've seen people ride their bikes with an NO2 balloon in their mouth. And you thought forum members (and Cambridge Police) were stupid....

uki
07-28-2009, 05:58 PM
there was this guy in the florida sticks that used to huff freon... naturally i had to try it aswell... i never did the NO2. when i was like 15, the local skaters were into huffing glade air freshener... ugh... i can't imagine - that stuff stinks to begin with. i look back on my younger years and marvel how i lasted as long as i have. :D

Oso
07-29-2009, 10:20 AM
freon is non-toxic...the high is simply because it is heavier than air and sits in your lungs, displacing normal air(oxygen) so you stop being able to think....oh...i see...makes sense now... ;)

Yao Sing
07-29-2009, 04:14 PM
When my son first heard about the gathering in Ocala they told him it's a bunch of 60's era hippie types and when they finished with all the details they said it's something cool and new to experience.

He just replied "I lived my whole life with people like that, it's no big deal to me"

Ha haha:p

uki
08-01-2009, 04:12 AM
Whoa!!! You have to be a true tree hugger if you ever made it to a rainbow gathering. I didn't think they had those anymore. this was back in 2000... i dunno if they have them anymore... i simply went because i lived nearby and i liked to party hard back then.

It's a little ridiculous.life wouldn't be interesting if it wasn't...