PDA

View Full Version : Wanna Fight ???

Phil Redmond
07-31-2009, 04:55 AM
Novell G. Bell, Sharif Bey, Richard Garcia Presents:
All Traditional Martial Art free fighting Tournament (Full-contact)
All styles welcome:

Date: Saturday, September 26, 2009
Time: 9:30am - 12:30pm
Location: Ultimate Karate DoJo 1950 3rdAve 107st, NY, NY (212-426-4666)

Saturday September 26, 2009 Pre-Registration $50.00 by Sept.15 $65.00 day of the event.

All prospective fighters must submit the following information:
NAME
SCHOOL/STYLE
HEIGHT
YRS. EXPERIENCE

and send via email to sharifbey21@yahoo.com as soon as possible for consideration.

The center referee and the referee general have the authority to DQ any fighter at any time.
The center referee, the referee general, the fight doctor and EMT staff have the authority to stop the fight at anytime.

Weight Classes: (lbs)
Lightweight C- 105.6
Lightweight B – 105.82 – 114.4
Lightweight A - 114.62 – 123.2
Middleweight C – 123.42 – 132
Middleweight A – 142.22 – 154
Heavyweight C – 154.22 – 165
Heavyweight B – 165.22 – 176
Heavyweight A – 176.22 – 187
Infinite Weight - 187

To submit due to strikes or a lock a fighter must rapidly tap his open hand against any solid surface in view of the referee.

Corners:
Fighters will be designated as either Blue or Yellow by a colored sash. Each fighter is allowed 2 cornermen (1st and assistant). If at any time either cornerman steps onto the Lei Tai without express permission from the center referee or referee general their fighter will instantly be DQd.

Conduct: Fighters and cornermen are expected to be professional, calm and sportsmanlike at all times. Fighters can receive fouls or become DQd anytime they, their cornermen or anyone affiliated with them deviates from these expectations. The judges, center referee, referee general, promoters, the competing fighter and everyone in attendance are to be respected at all times. Fighters, cornermen, coaches and teammates are to exemplify Wu De/Mo Duk (martial virtue) at all times.

Grappling: Grappling, throwing and joint locking are allowed. A 10 second count will be initiated once fighters begin grappling on their feet. If the fighters do not separate and neither fighter falls at the end of the count they will be separated and the round will continue. If both fighters fall to the floor and continue grappling a new 10 count will begin. (E.g. Fighters grapple for 4 seconds before Yellow throws Blue to the ground. Yellow follows Blue to the floor to pursue a lock. Referee begins new 10 count.) Joint locks may not be applied to a standing opponent. Submissions may occur from the floor through the execution of joint lock techniques, chokes (locking the fingers around the throat is not allowed) or successive strikes. The same legal striking areas and techniques apply to the floor. Fighters will be stood-up if there is no submission or knockout in 10 seconds.

An unintentional illegal strike resulting in the knockout or injury of an opponent will result in a draw.
If 4 or more consecutive, unanswered strikes are completed to the head by one fighter the referee will separate the fighters and evaluate the condition of the fighter being struck. If at anytime a fighter exhibits signs of being concussed, injured, outmatched or unwilling to fight this will result in TKO.

Scoring: Judges will award one score for a strike to a legal area which visibly affects the other fighter (creates tremble, moves body.) Two scores are awarded if the strike significantly staggers or knocks down the opponent. Two scores for a throw or takedown. No scores are awarded for a slip. A fighter receives three scores for knocking an opponent off the Lei Tai while he remains. No scores are awarded if both fighters fall to the platform. A fighter who is knocked to the floor three times in one round will be TKOd.

Finger and toenails must be kept short and will be inspected prior to the fight.

Rules
To win: Fighters can win through accumulating more points than their opponent after three rounds, knockout, submission or overpowering them to such an extent that the referee declares a mismatch and stops the fight. Excessive bleeding or significant injury occurring from a legal technique will result in TKO.

Techniques and Fouls: Arm and leg techniques (including elbows and knees) are allowed to any part of the body except: the eyes, knees, toes, throat, groin, spine and back of head. Headbutts, eye gouging and fingernail clawing are not allowed. Unintentional strikes to illegal areas will result in a one point round penalty to the violator. Any strike to an illegal area which is deemed to be intentional by the referee may result in automatic DQ. Fighters struck in illegal areas will be given 5 minutes to recover.

Fighter Attire
Fighters will only compete with the following items: headgear, 6 ounce fingerless gloves, athletic shorts, undershorts, groin cup and mouthpiece. All items are mandatory. Fighters will not be allowed to compete if they lack any items. Fighters wearing anything more will automatically be disqualified. Shorts may not contain any padding, have loose stings or metal adornments and must be constructed from soft, athletic material. Shoes, shirts, tape or wraps of any kind are not allowed and will result in automatic DQ. Wearing gloves weighing less than 6 ounces will result in DQ. Vaseline application to the fighter’s face for the protection from cuts is mandatory. Vaseline use is restricted to the face and if any is present on any other part of the fighter’s body they are DQ’d. Fighter’s attire and gear will be inspected prior to each fight and may be subject to DQ at any time for a violation of these rules.

Judging
Four ring judges score the fight. One center referee will enforce rules, conduct the fight and give commands to the fighters. A referee general administrates over the fight, judges and center referee.
Fights will be composed of three, 90-second rounds using the ten point must system, with one minute rest between rounds. Ring judges attribute scores to fighters for successful application of legal fighting techniques and subtract round points for fouls. Judges then indicate the winner of the round based on total allocation of scores and overall performance (ring control, aggressiveness.) Winner of each round receives 10 round points. Loser receives 8.

Bows: Upon reaching their corners fighter will follow all traditional Lei Tai instructions being given by the center referee. Fighters must wait for the referee’s permission to both enter and exit the Lei Tai.

Phrost
07-31-2009, 06:08 AM
This sounds awesome (although I'd drop the headgear). Feel free to crosspost it on Bullshido's CMA forum (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101), we might even put it up on the front page.

Will there be video of the event?

Edit: 187+ as the top weight class? Wow, that's a huge range. A few slices of pizza and I could be in that class and having sparred with MMA heavyweights enough, there's no fricking way I'd going to do a full contact fight with someone that walks around at 250.

Phil Redmond
07-31-2009, 09:32 AM
This sounds awesome (although I'd drop the headgear). Feel free to crosspost it on Bullshido's CMA forum (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101), we might even put it up on the front page.

Will there be video of the event?

Edit: 187+ as the top weight class? Wow, that's a huge range. A few slices of pizza and I could be in that class and having sparred with MMA heavyweights enough, there's no fricking way I'd going to do a full contact fight with someone that walks around at 250.
Thanks for allowing me to cross post the event. I've been asked to ref so I'll meet with Sifu Novell tomorrow. I'll ask about the video then.

uki
07-31-2009, 11:23 AM
A few slices of pizza and I could be in that class and having sparred with MMA heavyweights enough, there's no fricking way I'd going to do a full contact fight with someone that walks around at 250.no comment. :)

Phil Redmond
08-02-2009, 01:36 PM
I forgot to add $15 for spectators.

Phil Redmond
10-04-2009, 10:13 AM
There were some great fights at the Spanish Harlem event this past Saturday.
The fighters were judged on points and how well they tried to implement their respective styles against resisting opponents. I was impressed by a Ying Yi (Hsing Yi) fighter who used his art well.
We had three people compete and we left with one gold medal and belt and two silver medals.