PDA

View Full Version : what does the forum say about uki?

uki
07-31-2009, 03:24 PM
let the forum speak for itself here... be honest folks - afterall, honesty is a virtue. :)

cerebus
07-31-2009, 03:58 PM
I have no idea who you are, but from your posts you sound like an ignorant ass. Of course that's just my opinion, right?

SPJ
07-31-2009, 04:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zurm9vKXMk

I do not know you.

so a stranger?

:D;)

lkfmdc
07-31-2009, 04:34 PM
from your posts you sound like an ignorant ass.

+1

(needless stuff down here to make the 10 character min) :rolleyes:

foster
07-31-2009, 04:34 PM
He needs to take a shower. The government should make him wear a biohazard warning.

Other than that, he's all right.:cool:

taai gihk yahn
07-31-2009, 04:37 PM
all things considered, at this point, my question to you would be, if, as you have stated on at least 2 other threads, your intent on the forum is to socialize, how exactly you expect to do so when, by and large ,the opinions that you express are generally negative / inflammatory by nature and generally elicit negative responses towards you? certainly, no one denies that you absolutely have the right to express yourself any way that you please, and certainly if someone doesn't like what you say they can just ignore you, but to follow that to it's conclusion, it appears that you have been progressively alienating everyone on here - how does that achieve your stated goal of socialization, unless that was intended to be tongue in cheek? I must confess, even I find myself somewhat turned off by certain comments you have made, where, even though I don't get personally agitated by them, I just have to question what your agenda is? if it is to test boundaries and tolerance, hey, you know, sooner or later, even the most spacious of us will find some annoyance; is that our / my problem? ok, well, sure, it is; but again, your expressed intention is to socialize, which, by definition, implies some desire to get along with others, and by necessity requires some sort of fundamental conformity to social norms and niceties; I mean, one cannot reasonably expect to make disparaging comments across the board and expect others to simply accept it unconditionally, right? I mean, if you are trying to point out inconsistencies in life, the absurdity of the world and all that, well, ok, we "get" it, I think, but at the same time, one can appreciate that "truth" but still engage in relatively civil discourse;

so again, I'm not criticizing you - do as you like, it's just a forum, right? just making an observation is all;

Mr Punch
07-31-2009, 04:39 PM
He's a man who says he doesn't care what others think especially about himself and starts this thread.

Methinks he's also a man who is just about to realise he is spending too much time on pointless forum posting.

taai gihk yahn
07-31-2009, 04:50 PM
He's a man who says he doesn't care what others think especially about himself and starts this thread.

Methinks he's also a man who is just about to realise he is spending too much time on pointless forum posting.

what I think is, that, despite his disavowal of the need for validation from others, at the same time there is a desire to be taken "seriously", in his own way: he posts pics of him demoing his abilities, suggesting some desire for positive consideration (and rightly so, in context of what he can do); the unfortunate thing is that while he has demonstrated the capacity to contribute positively to this community, conversely he sometimes (and more so of late) allows what appears to be a degree of innate anger / belligerence to surface in such a way that he begins to alienate pretty much everyone around him;

in my opinion, this is all a not uncommon m.o. of individuals w/not insignificant insecurity: wanting validation, but at the same time pushing people away before they have a chance to get too close and / or reject you on their own; this may or may not be the case w/Uki, but his behavior is strongly suggestive of this particular pattern; again, I could be completely wrong, what do I know?

I suppose the simple answer would just be for everyone to not respond to his invective when it surfaces, or at worst put him on ignore; which would be unfortunate, since with even a little self-modulation, the majority of his interactions have the capacity to be positive and contributory; otherwise, beyond a certain degree, what's the point?

Water Dragon
07-31-2009, 05:01 PM
I think Uki just needs to get laid.

uki
07-31-2009, 06:04 PM
all things considered, at this point, my question to you would be, if, as you have stated on at least 2 other threads, your intent on the forum is to socialize, how exactly you expect to do so when, by and large ,the opinions that you express are generally negative / inflammatory by nature and generally elicit negative responses towards you? i suppose socialize was not the most appropriate of words that i could have chosen from to use...

I must confess, even I find myself somewhat turned off by certain comments you have made, where, even though I don't get personally agitated by them, I just have to question what your agenda is?my agenda is simply against the hack of martial arts thru buisness marketting, money making, egocentric instructors, and the general, pointless "categorization" of styles into who-what-why-how-when is/are better than someone elses... it's that age old debate that i am attacking and if you notice, it is only those who somehow broadcast this mentality and attitude that i tend to get irritated with and find myself launching an onslaught against them for it... these folks that irk me are the ones that throw out personal insults to others because they seemingly do not meet up to their preconcieved set of standards. it's like they believe that unless you are a paying student in some Mcdojo somewhere or if you don't fight in sanctioned "sport" fights, that you are somehow inferior in the martial arts world - which truly has become nothing more than another way to make a buck... there is no respect from these so called sifu-sensei-teacher-masters... they lash out at others without shame and without remorse, so i have to wonder why i am expected to treat them with respect in return? respect is a two way deal... people walking around with their noses held high, measuring themselves up to each other according to how long they train, with who, how many dvd's they have put out, how many medals they have one - typical machoman attitude, yet then they get all bent out of shape when i smash into them and they resort to TRYING (not doing)to get under my skin with childish name calling and other forms of immaturity... i am simply reflecting their persona back at them and it seems that most do not like the taste of their own medicine they like to freely dish out... it is said that a truly great man is measured on how he treats seemingly inferior men and having said that i hope that this helps to shed some understanding on innate anger and vehemence that i carry with me... just the other day i was asked by this very old man to tie his shoes for him in the supermarket because he couldn't bend over and do it for himself - i nearly had tears in my eyes when i put down my child in the meat department so i could bend my knee for him... i suppose i like to draw out the worst in people because in the end, they will ultimately stop and look at themselves somewhere down their own personal journey in this most wonderful life... i am not looking for vaildation or acceptance, i know who i am, where i am going, and what my life purpose is... people are in for a real eye opener soon and it irks me that most are so self-absorbed to notice the fruit of the tree that is nearly ripe for the picking. sometimes i would like to smack everyone i meet if i knew it would wake them up out of their dream world of false security, material greed, and the grasping for power and control over others... people have the divine spark of "all there is" within them, acknowledging this amounts to enlightenment - everything we outwardly seek resides within each of us... when i look upon the martial arts, i don't see fighters duking it out in the ring somewhere to prove who is more of a man, i see wisdom and understanding that is freely available simply by watching nature... in this world there is pain, suffering, and violence because people have forgotten themselves... once we, as a collective species, wake up to our true purpose, we will once again realize that we are nothing more than spiritual beings having a human experience... my purpose is to help nudge everyone along on their respective journey. :)

He's a man who says he doesn't care what others think especially about himself and starts this thread. actually i was inspired by lkfmdc to start this... he has made me stop and take a look at myself in the reflection of the still pond inbetween the stone throwing...

I think Uki just needs to get laid.LOL... i have three children and another on the way and recently my girlfriend is going thru those most wonderful hormone changes that have allowed me to effectively "get laid" more in the last month than i am usually used to. :D

Kansuke
07-31-2009, 06:18 PM
... people walking around with their noses held high, measuring themselves up to each other according to how long they train, with who, how many dvd's they have put out, how many medals they have one - typical machoman attitude, yet then they get all bent out of shape when i smash into them and they resort to TRYING (not doing)to get under my skin with childish name calling and other forms of immaturity... i am simply reflecting their persona back at them and it seems that most do not like the taste of their own medicine they like to freely dish out...

Ok, you're a stupid ****. STFU.

uki
07-31-2009, 06:20 PM
Ok, you're a stupid ****. STFU.i would expect nothing less from you... :p

Kansuke
07-31-2009, 06:22 PM
... i am not looking for vaildation or acceptance, i know who i am, where i am going, and what my life purpose is... people are in for a real eye opener soon and it irks me that most are so self-absorbed to notice the fruit of the tree that is nearly ripe for the picking. sometimes i would like to smack everyone i meet if i knew it would wake them up out of their dream world of false security, material greed, and the grasping for power and control over others... people have the divine spark of "all there is" within them, acknowledging this amounts to enlightenment - everything we outwardly seek resides within each of us... when i look upon the martial arts, i don't see fighters duking it out in the ring somewhere to prove who is more of a man, i see wisdom and understanding that is freely available simply by watching nature... in this world there is pain, suffering, and violence because people have forgotten themselves... once we, as a collective species, wake up to our true purpose, we will once again realize that we are nothing more than spiritual beings having a human experience... my purpose is to help nudge everyone along on their respective journey.

.... :rolleyes:

How do you resist the urge to repeatedly hit yourself in the face with a hammer, you emo, drama-queen, superficial, self-important clown?

Kansuke
07-31-2009, 06:23 PM
I would expect nothing less from you...

Stop being a self-absorbed clown and you might get more...

uki
07-31-2009, 06:26 PM
How do you resist the urge to repeatedly hit yourself in the face with a hammer, you emo, drama-queen, superficial, self-important clown?you are just a ray of sunshine aren't you...

taai gihk yahn
07-31-2009, 08:14 PM
i suppose socialize was not the most appropriate of words that i could have chosen from to use...
I would concur w/that re-assessment, LOL

my agenda is simply against the hack of martial arts thru buisness marketting, money making, egocentric instructors, and the general, pointless "categorization" of styles into who-what-why-how-when is/are better than someone elses...
there is certainly value to your perspective

these folks that irk me are the ones that throw out personal insults to others because they seemingly do not meet up to their preconcieved set of standards.
while I agree with you that there are those here who do display those traits, I also would suggest that this is a behavior set that you also engage in, often unprovoked;

it's like they believe that unless you are a paying student in some Mcdojo somewhere or if you don't fight in sanctioned "sport" fights, that you are somehow inferior in the martial arts world
I think that's a bit of projection...

which truly has become nothing more than another way to make a buck...
MA has been about "making a buck" since as far back as there have been organized social systems: warfare is about resource enhancement; fighting is about social prestige; bodyguarding is about making a living; MA school-ownership is something that I know many honorable people have engaged in because they love what they do and want to pass it on; others have used it as a way to build their egos and cheat people - are they all the same?

there is no respect, etc... so i have to wonder why i am expected to treat them with respect in return?
it's true, some folks on here do lash out, despite their supposed elevated status; at the same time, I don't think anyone on here that you find distasteful really cares whether or not you give them respect per se, one way or the other - it's a discussion board - no one is coming on her for validation about themselves, their career or their public standing - they just come here to BS, shoot the sh1t aout MA, act out a bit, the usual; this forum is a limited community, that fundamentally has little impact on anyone's life / livelihood; fundamentally, no one here really cares about anyone else in terms of respect, because at the end of the day, we all log off and go back to the important things in our lives, leaving the forum behind until the next time we want to blow off steam, chew the fat, mock each other out; none of it's real - so what is there to respect?

respect is a two way deal...
well, if one insists on that I suppose - but more often than not, you interject into threads where no one has been showing you disrespect, or even addressing comments to you, yet you weigh injective without restraint: your very first days here, before you had any interaction with most people here, you made light of the death of an off duty P.O., summarily judging him and rather callously stating he deserved what he got; now, again, I can appreciate that having had negative experiences w/LEO's in the past that you may not have a high regard for them; that's fine; and you might even take some pleasure in one of them being killed; whatever; but to come into a social environment voicing that opinion in the way you did, that was disrespectful, plain and simple; in fact, you seem to have a particular penchant for rationalizing "untimely" deaths as the result of someone engaging in an activity that you find distasteful (law enforcement, MMA); I mean, no one is asking for you to be moved or to even care at all about someone you didn't know, but to chalk their death up to just desserts for their chosen profession is just, well, unseemly, especially for someone who professes that he follows Nature and the Dao as his guide; so again, I don't fault your opinion - your range of experience will construct whatever opinion you have, and if that means you hate LEO's so be it; but the way you expressed it, well, you surely can't blame anyone on here for not showing you respect in return...

i am simply reflecting their persona back at them and it seems that most do not like the taste of their own medicine they like to freely dish out...
this entire perspective is based on you setting yourself up as some sort of arbiter of people's behavior - what you consider "reflecting back" may not appear as such, and in fact, doing so requires a level of skill and training that, quite frankly, you appear to lack; see, you are actively intending to reflect back, whereas the true mirror does not: it simply reflects, without judgement, without intention, without trying; in fact, the true mirror is, in a sense, not there when doing its "job"; whereas you are very much there - doing service by reflecting back means at the same time not being yourself, rather being like the taste of cool spring water; your taste is more like a caustic paint remover, flavoring every interaction so that the person tom whom you are ministering sees more of you in the reflection than they do of themselves...

just the other day i was asked by this very old man to tie his shoes for him in the supermarket because he couldn't bend over and do it for himself - i nearly had tears in my eyes when i put down my child in the meat department so i could bend my knee for him...
certainly commendable, but at the same time, you were just the latest person he had to ask to tie his shoes, so there was really nothing special about it for him...

i suppose i like to draw out the worst in people because in the end, they will ultimately stop and look at themselves somewhere down their own personal journey in this most wonderful life...
you realize that, this is nothing more than arrogant projection of your own internal desire onto everyone else, right? it fails to take into account the fact that perhaps it is not for every person to look at themselves in the way you seem to think that they should;

i am not looking for vaildation or acceptance, i know who i am, where i am going, and what my life purpose is...
that is a rare quality

people are in for a real eye opener soon and it irks me that most are so self-absorbed to notice the fruit of the tree that is nearly ripe for the picking.
the fact that it irks you is indicative of something...

sometimes i would like to smack everyone i meet if i knew it would wake them up out of their dream world, etc., i see wisdom and understanding that is freely available simply by watching nature... in this world there is pain, suffering, and violence because people have forgotten themselves...
I think you would agree that pain, suffering, violence - it's all part of nature, same as wisdom, understanding...just the part that most people have chosen to try to avoid...although often at the expense of another's comfort, true...

once we, as a collective species, wake up to our true purpose, we will once again realize that we are nothing more than spiritual beings having a human experience...
it's very nice, but I think that it's a fantasy; we might wish that there were some exalted higher state of being to which we are all moving towards collectively, but the fact is that what is here is what we see in front of us, and that the "true" purpose is simply to experience things such as they are; which certainly doesn't preclude acting towards each other in an honorable way, in a kind and compassionate way - but to do so honestly, out of a sense of the immediacy of that action, as opposed to the fulfillment of some projected species-based spiritual destiny; mankind has no future, mankind has no past, and the present is never really here either - if there is nothing past, present or future, what use talking about purpose?

[QUOTE=uki;951292]my purpose is to help nudge everyone along on their respective journey. :)
well, while you may have recognized a) the need for everyone to be nudged and b) that you have the ability to effectively nudge them, you may consider for a moment that no one has asked for you to do so; and quite frankly, w/out that critical ingredient, you're not going to find a receptive body to you ministrations; I mean, even the Buddha didn't start teaching until 3 AM, after most people had left, and only after he was asked 3x; which is to say that, he understood that you can lead a horse to water, etc.; my point is that, if indeed your desire is to teach, that is commendable, but you cannot impose this on anyone; surely, you realize this, yes?

you know, I enjoy your humor; to some extent, I concur with your polemic; I disagree with many of your stances on politics, society, spirituality, etc., yet at the same time I can appreciate your views on humanity's apparent headlong collision-course w/the limits of our environment's resources; you have a certain crazy wisdom, although at times it's just the first part that manifests without the second, suggesting that you may not be quite as impartial as you think that you are being;

anyway, you shall of course do as you shall do, and I don't judge it, simply making some observations and suggestions for you to take or discard as you see fit;

Lama Pai Sifu
07-31-2009, 09:19 PM
i am not looking for vaildation or acceptance, i know who i am, where i am going, and what my life purpose is...

Riiiiight.

So says the guy who starts a thread to find out what everyone on the forum has to say about him.

Classic.

Taryn P.
07-31-2009, 11:27 PM
all things considered, at this point, my question to you would be, if, as you have stated on at least 2 other threads, your intent on the forum is to socialize, how exactly you expect to do so when, by and large ,the opinions that you express are generally negative / inflammatory by nature and generally elicit negative responses towards you? certainly, no one denies that you absolutely have the right to express yourself any way that you please, and certainly if someone doesn't like what you say they can just ignore you, but to follow that to it's conclusion, it appears that you have been progressively alienating everyone on here - how does that achieve your stated goal of socialization, unless that was intended to be tongue in cheek?

(snip)

your expressed intention is to socialize, which, by definition, implies some desire to get along with others, and by necessity requires some sort of fundamental conformity to social norms and niceties; I mean, one cannot reasonably expect to make disparaging comments across the board and expect others to simply accept it unconditionally, right? I mean, if you are trying to point out inconsistencies in life, the absurdity of the world and all that, well, ok, we "get" it, I think, but at the same time, one can appreciate that "truth" but still engage in relatively civil discourse;
;

How much should one compromise one's true self in order to conform to what is expected of hir and get along in social situations?

Would you rather interact with someone who is polite and mild all the time to your face, but you realize that you have absolutely no idea who this person is and what s/he thinks behind that socially approved mask? Does this make you think that maybe THAT person doesn't respect you enough- or consider you worthy- to show you hir real face?

Would you rather have a friend who always responds to "Do I look fat in these pants?" with "You look great", or would you rather have one who will say "Those pants are not very flattering, the blue ones look better". If that second friend doesn't have the tactfulness to phrase it like that, and instead just says "Those pants make your butt look like two hippos fighting under a blanket with every step you take," is dealing with that lact of tact worth the honesty? Or would you prefer to go back to the friend who always says "You look great"? Is that friendship with the tactless person worth enough to you to say to hir, "Look, it hurts my feelings when you say things like X.... do you think you could express the same honesty by saying Y instead, just to humor me?" I wonder if s/he would think YOUR friendship was worth making that effort?

Is it more respectful to just give a person what s/he wants to hear, even when it's insincere- or is it more respectful to figure this person can handle the truth, and deserves the truth, and it might be valuable in some way to both parties to engage in a discussion on a point of disagreement?

What exactly do *YOU* want out of "socialization"? Do you want inane shallow niceties that leave you wondering what the other person *really* thinks, or do you want it raw, even if you might not like the taste much? Do you want to just play the expected game, or do you want to push people out of their comfort zone and have them push you out of yours?

Scott R. Brown
07-31-2009, 11:38 PM
I like uki....as I said on another thread, he is a Loki! I don't mind if it is intentional or incidental. The world needs Loki's as much as it needs other types of personalities.

If we were all alike all we would be doing is sitting around agreeing with each other all the time. While that is a nice thing, Tao includes conflict, so we need the pot stirrers too!

He is just another pot stirrer, and there are a lot of pot stirrers here. That is part of what is fun about a BB!

As Lincoln said,

"You can annoy some of the people all of the time, you can annoy all of the people some of the time, but you can't annoy all of the people all of the time!"

....or something like that!:)

Scott R. Brown
07-31-2009, 11:44 PM
Would you rather have a friend who always responds to "Do I look fat in these pants?" with "You look great", or would you rather have one who will say "Those pants are not very flattering, the blue ones look better". If that second friend doesn't have the tactfulness to phrase it like that, and instead just says "Those pants make your butt look like two hippos fighting under a blanket with every step you take," is dealing with that lact of tact worth the honesty? Or would you prefer to go back to the friend who always says "You look great"?

DANGER! DANGER! DANGER Will Robinson!

There is a WOMAN on the board!! There is a WOMAN on the board!!!

LOL...no man would EVER ask another man, "DO I LOOK FAT IN THESE PANTS!"....LOL!

uki
08-01-2009, 02:45 AM
So says the guy who starts a thread to find out what everyone on the forum has to say about him.it seems my discernment of you is much correct... but... i already know what people on here feel about me... don't you like to fish? here fishy fishy. :D

i believe taryn p. has summarized my response to taai ggihk yahn, but i will add for her better understanding of the matter, that i personally and unflinchingly drove up to meet taai gihk yahn, sifu lame pai, gene ching, and the mighty dale dugas in june... if i were anything the sort of a cowardly mouthboxer i don't believe i would've done that, ESPECIALLY after my original comments about that poor sorry of sod police officer who got killed while moonlighting as a macho-man bouncer(he truly got a lethal dose of his own medicine) which i might add, had enraged dale dugas immensely to the point that i began poking fun at him for quite awhile on the boards, yet now i would say that we are friends... amazing if you asked me, because during the original flame war we had across the boards, i had posted numerous times that dale was my friend - he simply didn't realize it yet. :)

LOL... thanks for your honesty people... it's not for my amusement(i have plenty of that already), but for everyone elses. :cool:

uki
08-01-2009, 02:48 AM
LOL...no man would EVER as another man, "DO I LOOK FAT IN THESE PANTS!"....LOL!ummmm... my brother is nortorious for it... i have yet to meet another fairy-a$$ as much as he is. :D

Scott R. Brown
08-01-2009, 02:50 AM
ummmm... my brother is nortorious for it... i have yet to meet another fairy-a$$ as much as he is. :D

LOL!! I should have said, No REAL man!!:eek:

uki
08-01-2009, 02:57 AM
LOL!! I should have said, No REAL man!!yes you should have, but will tell you, my brother has balls of steel... he travelled to africa only to bunjee jump off of victoria falls... recently he was in india for three weeks... sometimes i envy him. :D

mickey
08-01-2009, 05:06 AM
Greetings,

This is really fantastic.

uki has created his own Lei Tai platform and you guys fell for it.

Way to go, uki!

mickey

lkfmdc
08-01-2009, 07:12 AM
"blah blah blah I don't care what you think blah blah blah show you the truth blah blah blah here to blah blah blah"

My initial reaction to UKI was he was yet another troll. I put him on IGNORE. Sadly, I took Chris' advice and took him off ignore because for some STRANGE reason Chris thought he was "interesting" :rolleyes:

Clearly, he is an asshat without an original idea in his head and nothing to contribute here. So, after giving a historic TWO chances, I am just putting him back on IGNORE

Scott R. Brown
08-01-2009, 07:27 AM
yes you should have, but will tell you, my brother has balls of steel... he travelled to africa only to bunjee jump off of victoria falls... recently he was in india for three weeks... sometimes i envy him. :D

Okay, Okay! There is an exception to every rule!

Why does he care if his ass is too big then?

Clearly, he is an asshat without an original idea in his head and nothing to contribute here. So, after giving a historic TWO chances, I am just putting him back on IGNORE

I have found there is rarely anything new posted on this forum and not much that anyone contributes is so important we couldn't live without it.

I like his style. It is similar to yours only not as harsh!:eek:

taai gihk yahn
08-01-2009, 09:04 AM
wow Tar - seems like this might be sort of a hot-bottom issue for you, based on the perceived emphatic tone; but maybe I'm wrong; whatever, but I'll "bite"

How much should one compromise one's true self in order to conform to what is expected of hir and get along in social situations?
good question - I think it's highly individualized, the answer to being "it depends"; I am sure we can all think of many example when one would be wise to "go along" and other where one can simple "be";

Would you rather interact with someone who is polite and mild all the time to your face, but you realize that you have absolutely no idea who this person is and what s/he thinks behind that socially approved mask? Does this make you think that maybe THAT person doesn't respect you enough- or consider you worthy- to show you hir real face?
well, first off, this is why I have spent a lot of time learning how to read people despite their masks: lots of way to do that: the eyes, the breathe, the stance, the gait, the sitting posture, the hands, the handshake (one of the most revealing thing of all - people can give away their entire life without realizing it!)[/QUOTE]
beyond that, in terms of my personal preference, I really don't care - considering that 99.99% of the people out there aren't interested in me per se, that they are really just looking for validation of their own internal agenda, any "respect" that I am given is pretty much in context of that agenda; that, and most peole don't even know what their own "true face" is anyway, so their ability to consciously show it is limited (doesn't mean I can't see it, though)

Would you rather have a friend who always responds to "Do I look fat in these pants?" with "You look great", or would you rather have one who will say "Those pants are not very flattering, the blue ones look better". If that second friend doesn't have the tactfulness to phrase it like that, and instead just says "Those pants make your butt look like two hippos fighting under a blanket with every step you take," is dealing with that lact of tact worth the honesty? Or would you prefer to go back to the friend who always says "You look great"? Is that friendship with the tactless person worth enough to you to say to hir, "Look, it hurts my feelings when you say things like X.... do you think you could express the same honesty by saying Y instead, just to humor me?" I wonder if s/he would think YOUR friendship was worth making that effort?
you know, I know about 3 or 4 people who that if I ask their opinion, I know I will get a 100% honest answer; that's more than enough, AFAIC;

Is it more respectful to just give a person what s/he wants to hear, even when it's insincere- or is it more respectful to figure this person can handle the truth, and deserves the truth, and it might be valuable in some way to both parties to engage in a discussion on a point of disagreement?
it's another great question - being in healthcare, it's one I grapple with every day - just what exactly should I "reveal" and how much of it? as an analogy, what I've found is that, for example, people with fibromyalgia - if I treat them too effectively, they get upset - meaning that i they walk out of the office completely pain-free, then I know the next time they come back, it's going to be a nightmare for everyone, LOL; to me, taking their pain away is like telling them the truth - meaning that without the pain they come in with, they are less able to ignore those other "truths" that almost invariably are what drive their symptoms; so similarly, I think that it's always a balance when deciding what to disclose;

What exactly do *YOU* want out of "socialization"? Do you want inane shallow niceties that leave you wondering what the other person *really* thinks, or do you want it raw, even if you might not like the taste much? Do you want to just play the expected game, or do you want to push people out of their comfort zone and have them push you out of yours?
LOL, I might ask the same to you; but anyway I would say that, if one is sensitive, there is always the possibility of both occurring simultaneously; by way of example, I cite my "best friend" - he used to challenge himself by going into completely alien social situations by himself, and see if he could manage to insert himself into a given group to the point where he would be accepted - not based on the desire to be liked, but simply to see if he could put his finger on the pulse of the moment and synchronize with it; as such this guy is a master of "inane" social interaction; at the same time, I have seen him turn around to a group of beer-swilling jocks at a local dive, and start engaging them about notions of consciousness, enlightenment, spirituality - things that in a million years they would never think to discuss amongst themselves; anyway, my point is that, it's not really a question of what one "wants", per se - it's about living at a level of awareness where one meets the demands of a given situation, and then moves from there depending on circumstances both internal and external;

Scott R. Brown
08-01-2009, 09:43 AM
Hi Chris,

I have a few questions for you:

1) I am interested in your assessment of people's handshakes. Would you please elaborate on your classification of handshakes and what they mean to you?

2) What is "One's True Face" and how do you personally determine the "True Face" that is behind another person's mask? How can you be sure it isn't something else you have projected onto the other person?

3) Do you use any specific means to gently prod your patients into introspecting into how their mental condition affects the physical manifestation of their symptoms?

taai gihk yahn
08-01-2009, 09:48 AM
I like uki...
all in all, I like Uki as well - not that he cares, not that it matters, really;

.as I said on another thread, he is a Loki!
true, he would be the one old crone not to shed a tear for Balder...

I don't mind if it is intentional or incidental.
well, this is sort of the point of what I have been getting at: this is where we might tease things apart a bit (for no other reason than, well, we have been given an opportunity to do so - I mean, Uki, a man of many spikes, set up this thread and invited us to dance, so I am just taking his invitation as an opportunity to wax analytic, really - maybe he'll get something out of it, maybe he won't - whatever; I'm just being selfish here, it gives me a chance to "test my claws" as it were, perhaps as practice for other folks I might meet of similar skein in my day-to-day life); what it comes down to is this: if he is just acting out of "incidental", then it would seem to follow that he would do so out of his own self-nature, not out of his being irked by what he perceives as hypocritic, noses-in-the-air attitude of some on the board (and in life); it seems, rather, that he has an anti-elitist agenda; which is fine, of course, as it's all relative in that regard; OTOH, if he is intentionally going after a certain type, that's fine too - but that's not based on anything out of regard to acting as a "mirror" to others; thirdly, he could be acting out of BOTH of those, as you say - which, in a way, makes the most sense: that at times he is intentional, at times he is incidental; what it comes down to is, what is his own level of self-perception? what truly informs his polemic? we can all hazard guesses about it, we can routinely condemn him, we can delight in his antics; is he an asz-hole? sure, just like we all are at times; does he have insight to "the truth" that others may not have? sure, but where does that leave him at the end of the day, if he is standing in an empty room talking to nobody? if he alienates all but those who are already able to appreciate his type of sensibility, then he's just relating to those who are already willing to engage with his sort before he came along anyway; which points to the reality, that at bottom, most of us aren't interested in having our minds changed, our perceptions altered - we just want, if you will allow, another "chain of concepts"; so, is Uki the sort who will enable that, or provide the opportunity for one to break free? and if he does enable breaking free, is it by incident or by intent? his giving other a "taste of their own medicine" suggests intent - if so, if it is his intent to "teach", then that reveals much about him and methods, as much as if it's just incidental that he behaves the way he does (I had once stated that he was the Til Eulenspiegel of the KFMF)

The world needs Loki's as much as it needs other types of personalities.
absolutely - it's the reason why the villains in opera (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3lPxwct2sk) are always the bass-baritones and get much better arias than the whiney tenors!
of course, we all know what happened to Loki at the end...

If we were all alike all we would be doing is sitting around agreeing with each other all the time. While that is a nice thing, Tao includes conflict, so we need the pot stirrers too!
well, then, fu(k you, Scot_

He is just another pot stirrer, and there are a lot of pot stirrers here. That is part of what is fun about a BB!
of course! I had a ball of late flaming away at the Shaolin Doh! and BFP folks for a few days (until the Recess Supervisor came along and told us to stop :mad:);

As Lincoln said,

"You can annoy some of the people all of the time, you can annoy all of the people some of the time, but you can't annoy all of the people all of the time!"

....or something like that!:)
I think Uki is on a mission to disprove that statement!

DANGER! DANGER! DANGER Will Robinson!

There is a WOMAN on the board!! There is a WOMAN on the board!!!
LOL...no man would EVER ask another man, "DO I LOOK FAT IN THESE PANTS!"....LOL!
actually, the real danger for any man would be to even consider answering that question in any way, be it true or not, because there is no right answer! (even the fact that you might pause to consider the answer is grounds for instant termination!) it's like the Kobayashi Maroo scenario in Start Trek - there is no way to survive without hacking into the program ahead of time! this is the time to cash in on all of the feigned deafness that you have been cultivating!

i believe taryn p. has summarized my response to taai ggihk yahn, but i will add for her better understanding of the matter, that i personally and unflinchingly drove up to meet taai gihk yahn, sifu lame pai, gene ching, and the mighty dale dugas in june... if i were anything the sort of a cowardly mouthboxer i don't believe i would've done that,
certainly, no one suggests cowardice on your part - why would that be necessary to mention? anyway, it's not a question of response - my musings really aren't predicated on a response per se, they are not questions to be answered, per se; you asked for "honesty", I have responded as suited my mood at the moment; if my ramblings are of some use to you, take them to heart; if they are not, discard them at once!

iESPECIALLY after my original comments about that poor sorry of sod police officer who got killed while moonlighting as a macho-man bouncer(he truly got a lethal dose of his own medicine) which i might add, had enraged dale dugas immensely to the point that i began poking fun at him for quite awhile on the boards, yet now i would say that we are friends... amazing if you asked me, because during the original flame war we had across the boards, i had posted numerous times that dale was my friend - he simply didn't realize it yet. :)
he may still not realize it even now...

iLOL... thanks for your honesty people... it's not for my amusement(i have plenty of that already), but for everyone elses. :cool:
exactly

Mr Punch
08-01-2009, 10:02 AM
FFS, get this PoS thread into OT.

lkfmdc
08-01-2009, 10:13 AM
I like his style. It is similar to yours

I am going to disagree and ask you to reconsider Scott, and here's why

Just look as recently as Lama Pai Sifu's video thread with his student fighting

Do I go out of my way to get personal and attack someone with no reason?

NO, clearly I don't. You know that. Most flame wars start with a disagreement on a topic and then ignite. I will say even of some of my worst enemies (HI JAMIESON :D LOL) that most people don't just start crap to start it

UKI on the other hand is a slimeball who gets on that thread for no other reason that to be offensive and stirr crap. Leo is anything but "fat". And in a lot of other forums such blatant disrespect for no reason whatsoever would get you booted.

taai gihk yahn
08-01-2009, 10:17 AM
1) I am interested in your assessment of people's handshakes. Would you please elaborate on your classification of handshakes and what they mean to you?
sure: where their weight is balanced: forwards, backwards, same side, opposite side; can I "feel" their connection to the ground through their body or not - if not, where does it seem to get blocked; what they do with their eyes (look at you, look away, close them); the hands itself: temperature, tone, clamminess, toughness of the skin; do they push into you, pull you into them, pull the hand way but not you with it, shake with the full palm, the fingers;
as for what they mean - it depends - I don't necessarily articulate it concretely, but use it as a non-linear template for the rest of my assessment - but, if someone pulls me into them, usually it means they want to be in control of the whole interaction; if they present half a hand, it seems to imply that they have hesitation about being there; if they look away, they have some issues with disclosure - but these are just very rough estimates, they don't always hold true, of course;

2) What is "One's True Face" and how do you personally determine the "True Face" that is behind another person's mask? How can you be sure it isn't something else you have projected onto the other person?
great question: of course, I am never 100% sure about anything, and any assessment I make is constantly up for the possibility of revision: I have no issue with making a judgment, but that doesn't mean I am attached to it;
regarding a definition of "true face" - to me, it's trying to ascertain if the inner and outer match - some people come expressing desire to "be healed", but do everything in their power, it would seem, to sabotage that endeavor, for various reasons (e.g. - to be able to blame me, LOL); so I try to figure out how to protect myself, really how to depersonalize things in such a way that they don't feel that I am being impersonal, but that I don't give them something to hook onto to try to use against me - and of course, if they are looking for that hook and can't find it, they may get angry too - so sometimes I have to give them a little hook, just so they think they've got me, which can be challenging
as for not confusing my projection: since I am pretty aware of what my own personal biases tend to be, I can generally screen them out, so to speak, if I think they are coming up and interefering - I mean, it depends - some people will get you more into your own "stuff" than others as well; it's never 100%, it requires on going responsiveness; also, there are "techniques" you can do - taking a moment to "clear" with breathe or movement, ringing a clear tone bell before someone enters - just conventions to "cue" a certain type of open awareness;
one thing that gives some insight: I watch where people sit when they enter my room: in the patient's chair, on the treatment table, remain standing, or sit on my stool; how they sit when they sit: is it different from how they sat in the waiting room before they knew they were being assessed? and also, how they talk to the receptionist as opposed to me;
I also do a lot of body mirroring, a la NLP, to try to put people at ease; and I typically try to find a non-medical topic to chat about initially before even getting to their primary complaint (which is why I loved working in NYC - many of my clients were in a variety of culturally rich fields, so it was an excuse to stay current on a variety of topics!)
of course, the other big thing is that I get to take a detailed medical history! so of course I can ask them very specific questions, and can re-ask questions that I was not satisfied with the original answer; how they answer those questions also is a way of assessing them

3) Do you use any specific means to gently prod your patients into introspecting into how their mental condition affects the physical manifestation of their symptoms?
yes and no - being a PT and not a psychologist, I have the luxury of "ignoring" it to a certain degree, especially if I don't want to go digging into someone's particular brand of "krazy" at a given moment! at any rate, my "approach" is to always start and end with the body: be it breathing or movement, if I think that it's appropriate, I might mention that certain exercises might being up emotional stuff; or sometimes it happens in the course of a treatment as well - although certain techniques will tend to "keep" someone in a more "detached" state from any sort of somatoemotional release experience than others; usually, I will only ""go there" if someone invites me, and usually they have to do it a few times before I do;
sometimes it's as simple as stating the obvious: that when they get emotional / angry /stressed, their symptoms come up - in fact, most people know this, but the trick is getting them to counterract it; for me, I teach people in three steps: 1) notice when they are holding their breath and do so without judgement; 2) notice how, when they are holding their breath, which way they then need to go to get it moving again (to inhale or to exhale); 3) notice themselves just before they hold their breaths and keep it moving instead of arresting it; this, IMPE, has been the least confrontational way to get people to acknowledge the relationship between their psychoemotional state and their body; I'd say it works for about 1 / 3 people...

Scott R. Brown
08-01-2009, 10:27 AM
all in all, I like Uki as well - not that he cares, not that it matters, really;

One the one hand, does anything REALLY matter? On the other, of course he cares, in some manner, or he would never have asked………probably…..maybe……okay who knows and who cares, LOL!

if he is just acting out of "incidental", then it would seem to follow that he would do so out of his own self-nature, not out of his being irked by what he perceives as hypocritic, noses-in-the-air attitude of some on the board (and in life); it seems, rather, that he has an anti-elitist agenda; which is fine, of course, as it's all relative in that regard; OTOH, if he is intentionally going after a certain type, that's fine too - but that's not based on anything out of regard to acting as a "mirror" to others; thirdly, he could be acting out of BOTH of those, as you say - which, in a way, makes the most sense: that at times he is intentional, at times he is incidental; what it comes down to is, what is his own level of self-perception? what truly informs his polemic?

If he is acting out of contrivance it is a manifestation of his self-nature, if he is acting incidentally then it is a manifestation of his self-nature. When we interpret his actions as contrived we are acting out of our own self-nature. When we interpret his actions as incidentally we are acting out of our own self-nature!

But…..when we do not interpret his actions at all…..whose nature is acting/interpreting?

…if he is standing in an empty room talking to nobody? if he alienates all but those who are already able to appreciate his type of sensibility, then he's just relating to those who are already willing to engage with his sort before he came along anyway; which points to the reality, that at bottom, most of us aren't interested in having our minds changed, our perceptions altered - we just want, if you will allow, another "chain of concepts"; so, is Uki the sort who will enable that, or provide the opportunity for one to break free? and if he does enable breaking free, is it by incident or by intent?

I agree, mostly all we want is someone to support our own contrived views!

As Hui-Neng said (paraphrased), “If one is ready, no teacher is necessary; if one is not ready, no teacher can help!”

Therefore, we must ask, is it uki, or anyone else, that causes us to introspect and change or is it we who project that responsibility onto our environment, thus separating us from ourselves.

Once again, as Hui-Neng said, “It is neither the flag that moves nor the wind that moves, it is our own mind that moves!”

Therefore, it is immaterial what anyone else says or does, it is how we choose to interpret what they say or do that causes us to question and/or change our views. This means the responsibility, the perspective, the change, the movement is within our own minds.

No one prompts or stimulates us to change and grow, we do it to ourselves. Our interpretation of our experiences in life, and therefore its quality, is a manifestation of our own mind!

…his giving other a "taste of their own medicine" suggests intent - if so, if it is his intent to "teach", then that reveals much about him and methods, as much as if it's just incidental that he behaves the way he does (I had once stated that he was the Til Eulenspiegel of the KFMF)

How it affects each of us, or not, is a manifestation of our own minds’ attachments to views!

…well, then, fu(k you, Scot_

“THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!” said the leper hopping away with a silly grin!!:D

Scott R. Brown
08-01-2009, 10:37 AM
I am going to disagree and ask you to reconsider Scott, and here's why

Just look as recently as Lama Pai Sifu's video thread with his student fighting

Do I go out of my way to get personal and attack someone with no reason?

NO, clearly I don't. You know that. Most flame wars start with a disagreement on a topic and then ignite. I will say even of some of my worst enemies (HI JAMIESON :D LOL) that most people don't just start crap to start it

UKI on the other hand is a slimeball who gets on that thread for no other reason that to be offensive and stirr crap. Leo is anything but "fat". And in a lot of other forums such blatant disrespect for no reason whatsoever would get you booted.

Hi David I sent you are reply privately...I don't mind posting it here, but it is up to you!

Taryn P.
08-01-2009, 10:39 AM
actually, the real danger for any man would be to even consider answering that question in any way, be it true or not, because there is no right answer!

Ah, but there is!

Since most of you are males here, allow me to clue you in on how to safely and effectively deal with this particular Hot Potato. ;)

Let's assume for a moment that you care about this person and your goal is to give this person what they really want from you. Now your question is, do they want 1)an honest answer, or 2)validation?

Everyone *thinks* they want an honest answer, but sometimes what they really want is validation.

Staying with the "how do I look in this" theme, let's consider:

The bride asks you, fifteen minutes before she walks down the aisle, "How do I look in my dress?" Does she want an honest answer or does she want validation? If she looks great, it doesn't matter. If you think it's awful, what is the result going to be if you respond with honestly and tell her it looks awful? I'll tell you the result- you've just hurt her feelings and made her feel ugly on her special day, and now she hates you. She's walking down the aisle in 15 mins... it's too late to go shopping for a new dress or to substitute some more flattering undergarments, so your honest criticism is utterly useless even if it's constructive and true. So the answer: She is looking for validation, not honesty. Your correct response: "You look incredible!"

Now let's assume you are going dress shopping with the bride ten months before the wedding. She puts on a truly hideous dress and asks what you think. Does she want an honest answer or does she want validation? Most people at this point want an honest answer. That's what she brought you along for. She wants to look good on her wedding day, so you are doing her a favor to (TACTFULLY!!!) give your honest opinion. Your correct response: "That one is just not really doing anything for you. I think the one with the flower panels was much more flattering on you."

You will note that when delivering honesty, you never simply say it's bad and leave it at that. Say it's bad, and suggest what you think might be better. Since you're trying to be tactful, when she asks what exactly is wrong with the one she has on (and she will), do not tell her it makes her butt look fat. This is the REALLY dangerous question, the one that you have to dodge. Just repeat that the other one looks better. Do not waver. If she keeps pressing, just keep repeating yourself.

You will also note that you never actually said she looks great in the dress with the flower panels. You said that it's better than choice #1. This gives you an escape route in the case that she looks awful in *everything*!

Now for a slightly harder one. Ten months before the wedding, truly awful dress... bride gushes, "This is it- this is the wedding dress I've envisioned all my life. Hand me my purse so I can get out my credit card. What do you think?"
In this case, even though she THINKS she brought you along for an honest opinion, you can see that she's already made up her mind. So what she wants now is validation, not honesty. Your correct answer: "It's perfect!"

See how that works? :)

Drake
08-01-2009, 10:42 AM
As much as we would love to have a perfect world where everyone is equal and all martial artists are on the same level... it isn't true. There are ways to evaluate skill and ability, as well as entrepeneurship. Martial arts have, even in the old days, been about money. Schools competed for students and notoriety, and I have no doubt that in many cases there were some underhanded attempts at removing rival schools from the area. Romanticizing the past to criticize others is foolish at best.

Face it... someone who sells a lot of DVDs and has a lot of students, especially with the economy the way it is, is a good salesman and marketer. This is a necessary part of the MA industry. If KFM went under, the forum would likely vanish. Everything requires funding and income, including MA.

Finally... repeat business and a constant flow of students indicates a business that provides a valuable service. Even if you don't agree with it.

It is selfish to criticize the legitimate success of others.

Scott R. Brown
08-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Ah, but there is!

Since most of you are males here, allow me to clue you in on how to safely and effectively deal with this particular Hot Potato. ;)

Let's assume for a moment that you care about this person and your goal is to give this person what they really want from you. Now your question is, do they want 1)an honest answer, or 2)validation?

Everyone *thinks* they want an honest answer, but sometimes what they really want is validation.

Staying with the "how do I look in this" theme, let's consider:

The bride asks you, fifteen minutes before she walks down the aisle, "How do I look in my dress?" Does she want an honest answer or does she want validation? If she looks great, it doesn't matter. If you think it's awful, what is the result going to be if you respond with honestly and tell her it looks awful? I'll tell you the result- you've just hurt her feelings and made her feel ugly on her special day, and now she hates you. She's walking down the aisle in 15 mins... it's too late to go shopping for a new dress or to substitute some more flattering undergarments, so your honest criticism is utterly useless even if it's constructive and true. So the answer: She is looking for validation, not honesty. Your correct response: "You look incredible!"

Now let's assume you are going dress shopping with the bride ten months before the wedding. She puts on a truly hideous dress and asks what you think. Does she want an honest answer or does she want validation? Most people at this point want an honest answer. That's what she brought you along for. She wants to look good on her wedding day, so you are doing her a favor to (TACTFULLY!!!) give your honest opinion. Your correct response: "That one is just not really doing anything for you. I think the one with the flower panels was much more flattering on you."

You will note that when delivering honesty, you never simply say it's bad and leave it at that. Say it's bad, and suggest what you think might be better. Since you're trying to be tactful, when she asks what exactly is wrong with the one she has on (and she will), do not tell her it makes her butt look fat. This is the REALLY dangerous question, the one that you have to dodge. Just repeat that the other one looks better. Do not waver. If she keeps pressing, just keep repeating yourself.

You will also note that you never actually said she looks great in the dress with the flower panels. You said that it's better than choice #1. This gives you an escape route in the case that she looks awful in *everything*!

Now for a slightly harder one. Ten months before the wedding, truly awful dress... bride gushes, "This is it- this is the wedding dress I've envisioned all my life. Hand me my purse so I can get out my credit card. What do you think?"
In this case, even though she THINKS she brought you along for an honest opinion, you can see that she's already made up her mind. So what she wants now is validation, not honesty. Your correct answer: "It's perfect!"

See how that works? :)

WoW! That is waaaaaay too hard! I think I have a headache now!:eek:

:)

Scott R. Brown
08-01-2009, 03:10 PM
However......my wife says you are RIGHT ON!

Thanks....:mad:

...now I have to learn to do it!:eek::p

taai gihk yahn
08-01-2009, 03:56 PM

...now I have to learn to do it!:eek::p

I just go w/putting my fingers in my ears and saying "LA LA LA" really loud...

Taryn P.
08-01-2009, 05:35 PM

:D Every man should cultivate a couple of platonic female friends who are willing to draw him a map when he needs one... and he should provide the same favor to them!

cerebus
08-01-2009, 06:25 PM
:D Every man should cultivate a couple of platonic female friends who are willing to draw him a map when he needs one... and he should provide the same favor to them!

BAH! Men never need to ask for directions! :D

uki
08-03-2009, 02:31 PM
Greetings,

This is really fantastic.

uki has created his own Lei Tai platform and you guys fell for it.

Way to go, uki!it's kinda like that stupid "WTF" picture of me in the sept/oct issue of the mag here... LOL... gene asked us to do a "kung fu" pose... LOL... while everyone is to busy stating that i look like a fool, i'll suprise them with a headbutt to their face. :D

this is why headbutts are not allowed in most sanctioned fights... they're way too devastating for the average person to endure. :p

BAH! Men never need to ask for directions!and we also don't like to turn around!

Lucas
08-04-2009, 09:25 AM
uki is a good person, you can tell. but ya, hes definately a loki. if i lived closer i'd kick it with him, and try to weasle my way into his training grounds. ;) :D

uki
08-04-2009, 09:31 AM
uki is a good person, you can tell. but ya, hes definately a loki. if i lived closer i'd kick it with him, and try to weasle my way into his training grounds.you wouldn't have to weasel your way in...

Lucas
08-04-2009, 09:33 AM
i figure based on your personality you would share freely, but i always wanted to weasle into something. ;)

MasterKiller
08-04-2009, 10:00 AM
Now for a slightly harder one. Ten months before the wedding, truly awful dress... bride gushes, "This is it- this is the wedding dress I've envisioned all my life. Hand me my purse so I can get out my credit card.

Your whole argument is invalidated when she asks for her own credit card. Obviously, you have little experience with women.

GunnedDownAtrocity
08-04-2009, 09:32 PM
let the forum speak for itself here... be honest folks - afterall, honesty is a virtue. :)

i like some of your posts, but at the same time suzi has asked me why i showered before jiujitsu. i answered, because i am considerate.

TenTigers
08-04-2009, 10:51 PM
For Taai Gihk Yan:
http://www.hulu.com/lie-to-me

enjoy!:)

sanjuro_ronin
08-05-2009, 06:29 AM
I like Uki.
He is the voice of the opposition, half the time he doesn't know what he is talking about,but that's ok because if he did, he would be against what he just finished saying !
:D
He likes to tease and get under peoples skin, probably due to some unrequented fetish with fresh produce.
His MA posts are, well, irrelevant, but he juggles big iron balls, that's got count for something !!
:p

TenTigers
08-05-2009, 07:30 AM
Uki is deranged, and most likely suffering (well, not suffering personally, most likely just the people around him...) from some form of mental illness.
This only makes him funnier, as crazy people are funnier'n sheit!
It's fun to watch him flip on and off, never quite knowing when an intelligent answer can suddenly morph into the twilight zone, and yet somehow, he brings it all together with his own brand of twisted logic.
He takes his role as Fudo Myo, cutting through the mist of delusion with his diamond sword, quite to heart.
Of course, with his less than iron-clad grip on reality, it is like letting a lunatic with a fire hose, loose in a crowded shopping mall during a one-day sale at Wal-Mart.

uki
08-05-2009, 09:22 AM
He likes to tease and get under peoples skin, probably due to some unrequented fetish with fresh produce.*brushes the cow poop off the base of the mushroom* yummy!!

His MA posts are, well, irrelevant,that depends entirely on ones vantage point.

but he juggles big iron balls, that's got count for something !!
that means i have one heck of a tiger claw attack. :D

GeneChing
08-05-2009, 11:03 AM
When I read 'uki' I always think of the Japanese term uke. Uke means receiver and it's the role of the martial arts assistant who 'receives' the attack from the master in demonstrations or teaching scenarios. It's considered an honorable role, since the uke has to be tough enough to take the blow and not get hurt and trusting enough to be that vulnerable for the hit. In Chinese, we call that role xiashou (under hand).

I probably wouldn't be so generous with uki had I not met him face to face at the Zhang San Feng Festival (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30555&page=11). It was quite shocking actually. I had been warned that he might show, and just prior to his appearance, tgy and LPS show up, so suddenly I'm surrounded by these three skinhead psycho looking dudes (and anyone who knows LPS knows he's got some monster guns). My buddies at the Tiger Claw booth were convinced it was some sort of lynch mob out to get me and discreetly followed us when we went out for our little photo shoot, just in case they had to intervene (gotta love fellow employees who have your back like that).

Anyway, I'm taking Mr. Punch's suggestion and moving this to the OT forum.

uki
08-05-2009, 11:13 AM
It was quite shocking actually.you're gonna give me a nightmare now...

dirtyrat
08-05-2009, 11:33 AM
;) FYI "uki" refers to the female genitalia in a filipino dialect. No joke.

uki
08-05-2009, 11:40 AM
;) FYI "uki" refers to the female genitalia in a filipino dialect. No joke.actually i learned this when i was on maui - i was being sized up by the locals one night on the beaches of kaupo... nothing wrong with the female genitalia though. :)

dirtyrat
08-05-2009, 11:48 AM
actually i learned this when i was on maui - i was being sized up by the locals one night on the beaches of kaupo... nothing wrong with the female genitalia though. :)

Indeed!!!:D

Scott R. Brown
08-05-2009, 04:12 PM
;) FYI "uki" refers to the female genitalia in a filipino dialect. No joke.

What about "peck peck"? My wife's Auntie calls all the younger women of the clan that, just to be shocking! I have asked that she not refer to my 16 month old daughter by the appellation however!:mad:

dirtyrat
08-05-2009, 05:50 PM
What about "peck peck"? My wife's Auntie calls all the younger women of the clan that, just to be shocking! I have asked that she not refer to my 16 month old daughter by the appellation however!:mad:

I think I know what you're referring to. LOL. I know how you feel. I made sure everyone watched their language around my girl. She's a young woman of 21 now and I couldn't be prouder.

Scott R. Brown
08-05-2009, 06:07 PM
I asked my wife about the Filipino meaning of "uki"!

There may be some dialect differences, but she said the female part is actually spelled "puki".

"uki," she said, is a prefix to a curse word, like if you were going to call someone's mom a wh0re you would prefix "uki" to the word wh0re!

I think she told me the other word is spelled "pek pek"!

dirtyrat
08-05-2009, 06:26 PM
I asked my wife about the Filipino meaning of "uki"!

There may be some dialect differences, but she said the female part is actually spelled "puki".

"uki," she said, is a prefix to a curse word, like if you were going to call someone's mom a wh0re or you would prefix "uki" to the word wh0re!

I think she told me the other word is spelled "pek pek"!

Yeah, I thought so.

"uki" can be used as a curse and often I hear it used as such. In the dialect I'm familiar with, "uki'm" is "your (female part)"; "uki-ni-na'm" is your mother's (female part). Despite dialect differences I hear it used in similar fashion. I don't speak the language but know enough that the filipino dialects are malay based and can recognize the similarities though I have some filipino friends who can't interestingly enough.

There are even differences within a given dialect due to regional differences. The female genitalia can refer to the hip or butt depending which region you're from....

taai gihk yahn
08-05-2009, 06:49 PM
there, I've said it! ok? I know that everyone else was thinking it, but now I've said it, and what?!?

anyway, Uki's living in a glass house gleefully lobbing stones at anyone within range...

uki
08-06-2009, 12:14 AM
anyway, Uki's living in a glass house gleefully lobbing stones at anyone within range...actually i am living in a wooden house with cedar siding... the fall taxes have come in for it and i need a new roof... i have worked 4 hours this past week, i pay 500 bucks a month child support for a child i cannot see right now because i don't have the 1200 bucks to pay for a court ordered evaluation(unlike my ex who has a filthy rich dad that hands out money to her like a malfunctioning ATM machine), we just lost a newborn pekingese puppy, and our volvo broke and is sitting in the supermarket parking lot. naturally i just want to beat the p!ss out of something... my patio is coming along nice though. thank goodness for the other two children to put a smile on my face or i'd be a wreck. :)