PDA

View Full Version : power generation platform

Hendrik
07-31-2009, 04:18 PM
As Terence and Dale have bring up a few good points,

The issue of power generation platform is the core of the core to be noticed and asked. one simply needs to know the answer.

In a simplest way to understand power generation platform is how do one generate power. IE all can be said about Vertical punch, horizontal punch.....etc however if the power generation is unknown, then how would one knows one could evoke the power when needed as needed in the form one needs?

So what type of power generation platform is your SLT /SNT uses? Chi Sau? Real fighting? Grapping? take down......etc.

-木叶-
07-31-2009, 08:08 PM
So what type of power generation platform is your SLT /SNT uses? Chi Sau? Real fighting? Grapping? take down......etc.

Correct me but I thought the power platform is most importantly the root, then the body structure. Maybe the word "platform" have different meaning?

Hendrik
07-31-2009, 08:51 PM
Correct me but I thought the power platform is most importantly the root, then the body structure. Maybe the word "platform" have different meaning?

Root and Structure are meaningless without clearly know the power platform signature or characteristics.

in general,
Root and Structure without a power platform only default to boost certain partial physical strength in static or demonstration purpose. it doesnt really work well in dynaimic action.

Saying the above,

IE SLT/SNT what type of power platform is that based on?
IS this type of power platform subject to easily being taken down in take down?

if one doesnt even know the power platform and it is subject to be easily take down. then what good is training this type of things?

or there are something simple but critical missing that lead to be easily take down?

All is about power platform, until one knows what it is. one's art will not be solid. and in fact, just by knowing others power platform one could predict the outcome.....

See there is Sau Faat or hand methods, there is also Keng (jin) Faat or power methods. To know power methods needs to know what is the power platform.

IE: since you know chinese fiction

六脈神劍 , 一陽指, and 降龍十八掌 are different power with different platform. every thing has its pro and con.

but most people today would not like to face it.

IE look at TST's power platform and others Ip Man lineage power platform there certainly are big differences. NOthing good or bad but needs to know what is what and thier characteristics.

-木叶-
07-31-2009, 09:10 PM
Thanks for your reply, by definition what is power platform?

Hendrik
07-31-2009, 09:13 PM
Thanks for your reply, by definition what is power platform?

power platform for me is the Keng Faat with a particular characteristics = how is power generation, transport, and discharge/applied ( crush or penetrate)

On can think of it as Solar power platform, Wind Power platform, Sea Wave power platform, Fuel burning power platform.....

In my humble opinion, Chi Sau of WCK is NOT about Bridge as in other shao lin or southern chinese martial art practice.

Chi SAu of WCK is a testing of Keng Faat or playing to fine tune the keng faat, it is not about the shape but how is power manualling and handling.
but then it evolve and evolve....to what is today.

and in fact, in 1850 the response to something like hug take down used today is a basic example....

It is a close range art, thus, it is totally absurd if it doesnt have the Keng Faat to deal with close force out or take down while standing in today's type of YJKYM.

That is the chapter of WCK where the Chuk Keng ( fast accelearted power), Sicling .... etc power which we hear from the past, but this chapter seems to be lost now instead thinking Sau Faat can replace Keng Faat which is misleading.

-木叶-
07-31-2009, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the explanation, correct me if i'm wrong, we use different keng faat based on different situations.

In WC, the common keng will be

1) Straight keng, 直劲, used in the chong kuen
2) 卸力劲, nullifying the opponent's huge force to nothingness (e.g. turning the strike with bong sao)
3) 按劲, pushing

Most important imho is Nim Lik, breathing, footwork (root), turning (hips),
execution (elbow).

Hendrik
07-31-2009, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the explanation, correct me if i'm wrong, we use different keng faat based on different situations.

In WC, the common keng will be

1) Straight keng, 直劲, used in the chong kuen
2) 卸力劲, nullifying the opponent's huge force to nothingness (e.g. turning the strike with bong sao)
3) 按劲, pushing

Most important imho is Nim Lik, breathing, footwork (root), turning (hips),
execution (elbow).

To be real honest, from what i have heard,

these are just very surface and having lots of problems.

For example,
Say Straight keng, 直劲, How is it generate? how is it transport? how is it applied?

Is it like a bullet which spin or Is it like a spear poke straight? it is transport by spear out? or is it transport via spinning? and when it hits the target, is it explode there or is it penetrate.......etc.

and what if it missed what happen? will the keng being use by others to go against you?

For Straight Keng and that today's WCK's famous Forward Intention or chain punch...etc there is something call Conviniently pull away the Goat to make use of this type of Keng in general to against one.

but if is a sicking platform, one cant do the conviniently pull away the Goat because it cut back ward similar to an arrow with reserve blade....etc

Thus, differenet power platform means different results.

In additional, everyone talk about Nim Lik and foot work...etc however with the same stance there are different power generated due to different power platform training.

and as I mention before,

It makes a big different if the art is train with

Hard Body, hard arm, hard hands, as in Hung Gar Iron wire or 12 Kiu sau.
Hard body, hard arm, soft hands, as in White Crane of Fujian
Soft body, soft arm, soft hands, hard or soft contact point, as TCMA IMA

every set has its power platform, using a wrong power platform to train the set cause bad result.

IE: The white crane of fujian uses San Chin stance thus it can use the Hard body, soft hands platform. SLT using YJKYM thus it cant use the same platform as the White CRane of Fujian even they use similar technics. SLT is a close body art, thus it cannot use the Iron Wire's hard body, hard arm, hard hands platform.

Hope this help.

-木叶-
07-31-2009, 10:06 PM

For example,
Say Straight keng, 直劲, How is it generate? how is it transport? how is it applied?

Is it like a bullet which spin or Is it like a spear poke straight? it is transport by spear out? or is it transport via spinning? and when it hits the target, is it explode there or is it penetrate.......etc.

and what if it missed what happen? will the keng being use by others to go against you?

Thanks for the insight, for straight keng, i don't understand the part on spinning,
how do we spin our chong kuen? :confused:

For the "missed" part, that will depend on our follow up protecting action and
not part of the initial keng?

Hendrik
07-31-2009, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the insight, for straight keng, i don't understand the part on spinning,
how do we spin our chong kuen? :confused:

For the "missed" part, that will depend on our follow up protecting action and
not part of the initial keng?

You are in HK right? have you heard about WCK is like Sickle where it cuts both side?

IMHO, from what I have heard, if a WCK cant sickle or retrograde then it is no longer WCK.

As for the missed part, if it is sickle, one simply dont have to worry and nothing to be protect because there is no missed. Similar to an electrical fan which running loose and flying out. it cuts anything on its path forward, backward, or side ways. as soon as it touch it cuts.

But then, if it is an arrow, it missed an inch the arrow is gone.

As a close body art it got to be an electrical fan which running loose what do you think?

-木叶-
07-31-2009, 10:18 PM
Similar to an electrical fan which running loose and flying out. it cuts anything on its path forward, backward, or side ways. as soon as it touch it cuts.

But then, if it is an arrow, it missed an inch the arrow is gone.

As a close body art it got to be an electrical fan which running loose.

Greatly appreciate this knowledge you have shared.

Hendrik
07-31-2009, 10:32 PM
Greatly appreciate this knowledge you have shared.

You know, there are simple way to do sanity check on those WCK famous chain punch, forward pressure, straight keng....etc with the foot work.

Get to a gym which has a 1nch or thicker Wrestling mat, do those stuffs there and see for yourself can you even stand or walk properly.

If one cant even stand properly in the wrestling mat then forget about 1850 when they have to fight on the boat above the river which is rocking without flying out of the boat. and also dont expect one cant be take down or against take down with hand technics when one could not even stand properly.

Now, you know what kind of power platform you got.

Yoshiyahu
08-07-2009, 05:05 PM
What does Close body mean?

For example,

For Straight Keng and that today's WCK's famous Forward Intention or chain punch...etc there is something call Conviniently pull away the Goat to make use of this type of Keng in general to against one.

but if is a sicking platform, one cant do the conviniently pull away the Goat because it cut back ward similar to an arrow with reserve blade....etc

Thus, differenet power platform means different results.

In additional, everyone talk about Nim Lik and foot work...etc however with the same stance there are different power generated due to different power platform training.

and as I mention before,

It makes a big different if the art is train with

Hard Body, hard arm, hard hands, as in Hung Gar Iron wire or 12 Kiu sau.
Hard body, hard arm, soft hands, as in White Crane of Fujian
Soft body, soft arm, soft hands, hard or soft contact point, as TCMA IMA

every set has its power platform, using a wrong power platform to train the set cause bad result.

IE: The white crane of fujian uses San Chin stance thus it can use the Hard body, soft hands platform. SLT using YJKYM thus it cant use the same platform as the White CRane of Fujian even they use similar technics. SLT is a close body art, thus it cannot use the Iron Wire's hard body, hard arm, hard hands platform.

Hope this help.

Hendrik
08-08-2009, 09:49 PM
To madam Wing Chun.

是誰還留戀的吟唱那首熟悉的歌未央
燈光已熄滅人已散場思念繼續糾纏
我是隨波逐的浪偶爾停泊在你心房
轉瞬間已越過海洋

那些被淡忘的時光是否別來無恙
它日若還能化過往也許只剩一句輕歎

那些被淡忘的時光能否重來一斷
而我是不是還依然你曾經眷戀的模樣

monji112000
08-09-2009, 07:08 AM
The issue of power generation platform is the core of the core to be noticed and asked. one simply needs to know the answer.

logically if you are GENERATING POWER, you are moving your body... SLT you do no move so you can't say it is a "platform for energy"... IT does give you the idea of how to stand, so that you can then move and generate power.

Wing chun has many ways of generating power. Some come from twisting the body, some come from jaming with the whole body, ie moving forward using the structure of the body. Those are two examples, we have many more ways to generate power. Kicking for example has many ways to generate power, not just a stomp or push kick.

Liddel
08-09-2009, 08:28 PM
So what type of power generation platform is your SLT /SNT uses? Chi Sau? Real fighting? Grapping?

SLT - Power generation from Joint Mechanics

CK - Turing and stepping mechanics adding momentum power generation to Joint mechanics

BJ - Same as CK

Chi Sau (all drills) - Same as CK

Fighting - Same as CK

Im not sure why so many say that SLT has no power generation as its static.

The horse is static for me because im isolating the joints of the upper body at that stage to train power / energy use and dexterity of the shoulder elbow and wrists without the horse.

So after we've established a power generation in the muscles and tendons of the upper joints we then take the SLT actions and put them on the CK horse for a total mechanic, which then needs to be developed in a live environment step by step..

Chi Sau and all its related drills - Sparring - Fighting.

DREW