PDA

View Full Version : lessons from nature

uki
08-07-2009, 11:30 AM
nature is our teacher supreme - no amount of anything, that anyone does, can trump this fact...

today i p!ssed off of my porch thru a spider web and the force of my passing urine could not destroy the spider webs shape. perhaps it would be wise to learn from the teaching of a spiders web?? :)

so please now, share your grandest lessons that no amount of money can buy... let the business men rot in their delusions of mastery. :)

hskwarrior
08-07-2009, 11:47 AM
today i p!ssed off of my porch

for real? what happened to your bathroom?:confused::confused:

uki
08-07-2009, 11:51 AM
for real? what happened to your bathroom?dude... i am a mason, we p!ss when we have to go pee... if people don't like it, they can come and tell us not to... besides that, i live on 3 acres in the middle of the woods where the back porch is closer to the computer than the bathroom. :)

MasterKiller
08-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Spider silk is immensely strong, stronger than steel by scale.

The fact that your piddly urine stream couldn't break it has nothing to do with the shape of the web.

uki
08-07-2009, 12:22 PM
Spider silk is immensely strong, stronger than steel by scale. i see someone else graduated from preschool.

The fact that your piddly urine stream couldn't break it has nothing to do with the shape of the web.ah, but the individual strands could also not be broke... LOL... what are you a master of again? :)

MasterKiller
08-07-2009, 12:36 PM
ah, but the individual strands could also not be broke... LOL... what are you a master of again? :)
The strands could not be broken because of the strength of the silk, not the shape of the web.

uki
08-07-2009, 12:53 PM
The strands could not be broken because of the strength of the silk, not the shape of the web.so now you are a spider? what makes you so sure? just a few posts ago it was because of my piddly p!ss... make up your mind already... it's a bit fickle.

Lucas
08-07-2009, 01:10 PM
when i was living in trinidad, one of the ways i would make some spending cash is to hire my services out in the marinas to american boaters to snorkle and clean hulls of barnacles. see you get american currency this way. good exchange rate there tied to the USD. see its expensive to shore your boat so lots of people take care of the little things like that in the water.

anyhow, you spend a lot of time under water for each boat. well when ever i was down there it was pretty much always the same. you get in the water and your moving around. checking the hull and assessing your workload. always alone at first. yet as the directly surrounding marine life that you just disrupted begins to realize you are not a predator, they begin to get closer. braver and more daring. they dart in and out of your work, nibble on your toes or leg hairs, and brush up against you. after about 20 minutes of just hanging out with the fish its developed further. your no different than the boat hull, or the other fish at that point.

i was pretty young during that time. so it was the point in my life that i had the lesson from nature that we are all just here to exist. and depending on our natural relationship to each other, we can truly co-exist peacefully, as long as no ones on the menu. this was also the point of satori for me when i came to the understanding that man, in general, rejects nature. the large majority of all humans are this way. rejection of nature as a whole. to not only remove ourselves from the natural course of the universe, but to try to dominate nature and control what is the true way. something that cannot be done. i looked around at our folly and realized that for every time we try to manipulate nature in an un natural fashion, there are always negative results felt down the chain at one point or another.

i was a kid at that time.

TenTigers
08-07-2009, 01:27 PM
saw palmetto supplementation will help get your prostrate back to size and your piddly lil' stream will once again gush like Old Faithful.

uki
08-07-2009, 01:32 PM
this was also the point of satori for me when i came to the understanding that man, in general, rejects nature. the large majority of all humans are this way. rejection of nature as a whole. to not only remove ourselves from the natural course of the universe, but to try to dominate nature and control what is the true way. something that cannot be done. i looked around at our folly and realized that for every time we try to manipulate nature in an un natural fashion, there are always negative results felt down the chain at one point or another.naturally this would apply to big wussy men pampering themselves with man-made perfumes because they are infact rejecting the natural smell of their body odour. :D

Lucas
08-07-2009, 01:38 PM
naturally this would apply to big wussy men pampering themselves with man-made perfumes because they are infact rejecting the natural smell of their body odour. :D

unfortunately, i am guilty of this as well.

somehow, dont ask me how, i ended up in a professional field of work. i never in my life thought i would end up in this field, but i have. at this point im coasting. just being alive basically and not looking forward nor backward. with that said, i dont want to be unemployed either. portland is on the top for unemployment in the USA, so ive decided to chill a year or two before i choose a new line of work. ive been wanting to change for a spell now, just dont know what i want to change to. however, i do spray on some liquid death every now and then, usually because i havnt bathed :D, and just want to make sure i dont offend the people i work closely with. but ugh, if i never have to wear a tie again, it will be too **** soon!

im thinking on becoming a painter, but right now is just the worst possible time to look for work in oregon. our unemployment, homelessness, and hunger are at the top of the charts in this country.

but at the same time, i can go for quite a bit of time without bathing and not be bothered in the slightest. i do lucky have the fortunate genetics however of being a very light sweater.

uki
08-07-2009, 01:41 PM
unfortunately, i am guilty of this as well.

somehow, dont ask me how, i ended up in a professional field of work. i never in my life thought i would end up in this field, but i have. at this point im coasting. just being alive basically and not looking forward nor backward. with that said, i dont want to be unemployed either. portland is on the top for unemployment in the USA, so ive decided to chill a year or two before i choose a new line of work. ive been wanting to change for a spell now, just dont know what i want to change to. however, i do spray on some liquid death every now and then, usually because i havnt bathed :D, and just want to make sure i dont offend the people i work closely with. but ugh, if i never have to wear a tie again, it will be too **** soon!

im thinking on becoming a painter, but right now is just the worst possible time to look for work in oregon. our unemployment, homelessness, and hunger are at the top of the charts in this country.the difference between you and the girls on this board is that you wouldn't cry when you were around body odour.

foster
08-07-2009, 01:42 PM
I was hiking in the park the other day and passed this long, slender tree trunk with one of its branches extending straight out from waist-level. It looked like an arm punching. All I could think to myself was "Wow... it's the perfect Beng Quan!":D

Lucas
08-07-2009, 01:43 PM
the difference between you and the girls on this board is that you wouldn't cry when you were around body odour.

hehe ya i edited and snuck that in there.

the funny thing with me is that i can really go into most environments and feel comfortable. except clubs. like dance clubs, strip clubs, etc.

i cant stand places like that.

i have this natural acting ability that lets me move 'amongst the ranks' so to speak. if im in a place that i actually dont belong. most people would never know. but then im a goat. climbing mountains and eating garbage is what i do :D

Skip J.
08-07-2009, 01:46 PM
i was pretty young during that time. so it was the point in my life that i had the lesson from nature that we are all just here to exist. and depending on our natural relationship to each other, we can truly co-exist peacefully, as long as no ones on the menu. this was also the point of satori for me when i came to the understanding that man, in general, rejects nature. the large majority of all humans are this way. rejection of nature as a whole. to not only remove ourselves from the natural course of the universe, but to try to dominate nature and control what is the true way. something that cannot be done. i looked around at our folly and realized that for every time we try to manipulate nature in an un natural fashion, there are always negative results felt down the chain at one point or another.

i was a kid at that time.

Hey Lucas;

We mite have more in common than appears on the surface...

I was a ZPG (zero population growth) believer kiddo in the '50's and haven't seen a reason to change my mind about humans any since... We had 2 kids and one of my sons has two sons and my other son has no children; so we are passing on the zpg belief, even tho we don't say the words anymore... In fact, when we die we will be cremated... no sense in humans taking a piece of the natural world to themselves forever....

In fact, it is the concentration on accepting the natural world as it is that draws me to the dao; even tho I don't understand it very much so far....

Someone in your part of the world can have an appreciation of a much more beautiful world than in mine tho.....

uki
08-07-2009, 01:46 PM
I was hiking in the park the other day and passed this long, slender tree trunk with one of its branches extending straight out from waist-level. It looked like an arm punching. All I could think to myself was "Wow... it's the perfect Beng Quan!"so did you stand on it to see if the tree would tip over? :)

foster
08-07-2009, 01:52 PM
so did you stand on it to see if the tree would tip over? :)

Nah, I just took a Pi on it and left.:cool:

*TIDDY BOOM*

hskwarrior
08-07-2009, 01:55 PM
dude... i am a mason

you don't draw pyramids when you pee though do you? :p

SPJ
08-07-2009, 01:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udA9NQvmPkM

flowers at rainy nite.

a Taiwan folk song with Japanese version.

raindrops on flowers and spider web.

wow.

:)

uki
08-07-2009, 01:56 PM
Nah, I just took a Pi on it and left.nice... beng there, done that.

*TIDDY BOOM**meow* :D

SPJ
08-07-2009, 01:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udA9NQvmPkM

flowers at rainy nite.

a Taiwan folk song with Japanese version.

raindrops on flowers and spider web.

wow.

somehow the sound of raindrops and waves of the ocean

make me calm. or clean up my thoughts.

just like the rains wash off the dirts on everything.

waves wash off things on the shore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8bh8ZK-2M4

the sound of ocean waves and the song shi yi or losing your way.

wow. I am totally calm.

:cool:

Lucas
08-07-2009, 02:26 PM
hi skip,

it appears we may. i currently have no children, and dont plan on any. whether or not this will come to be the case in my life, i cant say ;)

its been my want that when i come to that time in my life, lifestyle permitting (never know if ill be alone or not) i want to take the long walk. find a quiet place and let myself go. i would like to be eaten by the animals and the carrion and have a tree grow out of my ass ;):D

dont know that ill be able to accomplish that, but i would very much like that to be the final portion of my journey here. we'll see what the future holds for me though. though i dont like the idea of a coffin. perhaps the ocean. some rope, some rocks and a dead lucas in international waters...hmm thats a thought.

i dont know how far that can carry in a will though, i have no idea what i can actually get away with.

uki
08-07-2009, 04:22 PM
you don't draw pyramids when you pee though do you?LOL. nope, but at work we tend to take after our boss and write the names of our co-workers in the snow though... my boss is a trip. he's one of the only guys i know that actually injected LSD when he was younger and he has been a stone mason for over 35 years now. :D

David Jamieson
08-08-2009, 05:45 AM
There's nature, then there's the nature of humans.

we can't reject what we are whole and a a part of.

who here doesn't believe in duality?

what do you really think we are?

Scott R. Brown
08-08-2009, 09:01 AM
I was taking a walk in the forest the other day, and I saw these two deer in a glade. One was a male and the other a female.

Anyway....The male was up on top of the female and that thing he pee's out of was going into a little hole in the female. He made it go in and out in a rhythmic manner.

They appeared to enjoy it! I think I might try that with my wife tonight!

I'll let you know how it goes, if I like it, you guys might want to try it too!

uki
08-08-2009, 09:02 AM
I was taking a walk in the forest the other day, and I saw these two deer in a glade. One was a male and the other a female.

Anyway....The male was up on top of the female and that thing he pee's out of was going into a little hole in the female. He made it go in and out in a rhythmic manner.

They appeared to enjoy it! I think I might try that with my wife tonight!

I'll let you know how it goes, if I like it, you guys might want to try it too!you d0rk................................... :p

Scott R. Brown
08-08-2009, 09:05 AM
you d0rk................................... :p

What......?

That wasn't a lesson from nature?:confused:

uki
08-08-2009, 09:07 AM
What......?

That wasn't a lesson from nature?of course, but i thought you were smart enough to not need two deer to teach it to you. :D

Scott R. Brown
08-08-2009, 09:09 AM
Teach me what?? I don't understand what you are talking about?:confused:

Lokhopkuen
08-08-2009, 12:47 PM
dude... i am a mason, we p!ss when we have to go pee... if people don't like it, they can come and tell us not to... besides that, i live on 3 acres in the middle of the woods where the back porch is closer to the computer than the bathroom. :)

**D A M N** You cain't come over you hick:D Ha Ha!!

Lokhopkuen
08-08-2009, 12:51 PM
Teach me what?? I don't understand what you are talking about?:confused:

This forum apparently is no longer associated with the martial art:rolleyes:
LMFAO!

uki
08-08-2009, 01:38 PM
This forum apparently is no longer associated with the martial art. LMFAO!thats because at the end of the day, all people have martial art, wether or not they realize it is their problem... once you reach that level, there is no need to talk about the martial arts. :)

TenTigers
08-08-2009, 03:05 PM
I think I might try that with my wife tonight!

I'll let you know how it goes, if I like it, you guys might want to try it too!

mmm..you'd better send me a picture of yuor wife first... :D

Scott R. Brown
08-08-2009, 03:17 PM
mmm..you'd better send me a picture of yuor wife first... :D

I'll have to sort through my 3,000 or so......uh......photographs......to decide which one she.....uh....is!;)

uki
08-08-2009, 03:21 PM
I'll have to sort through my 3,000 or so......uh......photographs......to decide which one she.....uh....is!hopefully she is the one that stands on two legs and doesn't have her tail in the air. :D

Scott R. Brown
08-08-2009, 03:24 PM
hopefully she is the one that stands on two legs and doesn't have her tail in the air. :D

Uhhhh......okay, make that 11 photographs!

taai gihk yahn
08-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Uhhhh......okay, make that 11 photographs!

aren't you glad now that I sold those to you?

Scott R. Brown
08-08-2009, 04:01 PM
aren't you glad now that I sold those to you?

Whew....that was lucky wasn't it!

Maybe shave your legs first next time please.....:eek:

taai gihk yahn
08-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Whew....that was lucky wasn't it!

Maybe shave your legs first next time please.....:eek:

:( I thought you liked it "rough and ready"...

uki
08-08-2009, 04:05 PM
I thought you liked it "rough and ready"...ummmmm... that'd be me - smelly too!!

Scott R. Brown
08-08-2009, 04:12 PM
:( I thought you liked it "rough and ready"...

Are you kidding me!!!

I'm a nurse...I don't do things like THAT!!

Think of all the GERMS!!! EWWWWW!!!!:eek:

Why do you think I collect.......ummmm.......photographs!!

SPJ
08-08-2009, 08:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghwDfu9iMyM&feature=related

lessons from nature

sometimes we take the shape of the animal or xing

sometimes we take the spirits or nature of things and animals or yi.

xing yi boxing is a good example for lessons from the nature.

and yes we are part of nature.

SPJ
08-14-2009, 04:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNxC6YfFbVI&feature=related

learning from the mantis.

SPJ
08-14-2009, 04:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOG4AAwHESo&feature=related

learning from the tiger.

tiger embracing or hu bao.

foster
08-23-2009, 09:50 PM
I'm sure Ray can relate to this... I was out camping on Padre Island this weekend and got to swim in the Gulf of Mexico for the first time. There were some pretty strong 3-4 foot sets coming in back to back, so I waded out and practiced using both arms along with structure to deflect the incoming force like a wedge (think water sliding around the bow of a ship) while moving forward to intercept it. It was good abstract training in dealing with frontal impact, and a great workout. I wouldn't try it with a tsunami.:)

David Jamieson
08-24-2009, 10:30 AM
Nature is an unforgiving ***** and she will kill you for no reason at all.

respect her and don't be a wad in her presence and things might work out.

pretend you're super and watch your nipples fall off.

sanjuro_ronin
08-24-2009, 10:39 AM
Nature is an unforgiving ***** and she will kill you for no reason at all.

respect her and don't be a wad in her presence and things might work out.

pretend you're super and watch your nipples fall off.

Wasn't that in the bible somewhere? Leviticus maybe?
:D

David Jamieson
08-24-2009, 11:13 AM
Wasn't that in the bible somewhere? Leviticus maybe?

no, no, no. Leviticus is all about the dangers of putting things in your ass that you shouldn't and eating shrimp while doing that and then putting shrimps in each others asses and then eating them.. I mean, as a general overview, that's what a lot of the old testament is about.

Isn't it? Or is Moot at 4chan all wrong about that?

Skip J.
08-24-2009, 01:11 PM
hi skip,

it appears we may. i currently have no children, and dont plan on any. whether or not this will come to be the case in my life, i cant say ;)

its been my want that when i come to that time in my life, lifestyle permitting (never know if ill be alone or not) i want to take the long walk. find a quiet place and let myself go. i would like to be eaten by the animals and the carrion and have a tree grow out of my ass ;):D

dont know that ill be able to accomplish that, but i would very much like that to be the final portion of my journey here. we'll see what the future holds for me though. though i dont like the idea of a coffin. perhaps the ocean. some rope, some rocks and a dead lucas in international waters...hmm thats a thought.

i dont know how far that can carry in a will though, i have no idea what i can actually get away with.

That sounds pretty coollll..... but I'm not alone so the best I can hope for is cremation and scatter the ashes somewhere natural... wherever that mite be then. That way, my wife and I do not permanently take up any earthly real estate after we're gone. At your young age, I could have her ship my ashes to you and let you scatter them in a very natural place????

Lucas
08-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Were that the route things are to take, I would certainly be honored. Just keep in mind I'll be getting a motorcycle soon, within some period of time I plan to be racing, so I just may make it to the finish line before you. ;)

We'll keep in touch for sure. :)

David Jamieson
08-24-2009, 03:32 PM
It's not that easy. I've dumped two crotch rockets now and didn't even break a bone!

Drake
08-24-2009, 07:36 PM
Life, in its natural state, isn't even remotely fair.

In fact, it's pretty much cruel, unforgiving, and many times, very, very brief.

uki
08-24-2009, 08:03 PM
Life, in its natural state, isn't even remotely fair.maybe in your little reality... not mine... life is as fair as fair can be.

In fact, it's pretty much cruel, unforgiving, and many times, very, very brief.my my you live in a very dark, cruel, and unforgiving state of being... it's all in yer head. :)

Scott R. Brown
08-24-2009, 08:05 PM
Life, in its natural state, isn't even remotely fair.

In fact, it's pretty much cruel, unforgiving, and many times, very, very brief.

Who gets to define, "fair", "brief", "cruel" and "unforgiving"?

It seems each is in the eye of the beholder!

Drake
08-24-2009, 09:01 PM
maybe in your little reality... not mine... life is as fair as fair can be.
my my you live in a very dark, cruel, and unforgiving state of being... it's all in yer head. :)

I mean real life.

uki
08-25-2009, 03:56 AM
I mean real life.so you are implying that i am not really alive and living in life?? LOL... much to learn, you have.

Scott R. Brown
08-25-2009, 04:33 AM
so you are implying that i am not really alive and living in life?? LOL... much to learn, you have.

Yoda is, you are?:confused:

Skip J.
08-25-2009, 04:45 AM
Were that the route things are to take, I would certainly be honored. Just keep in mind I'll be getting a motorcycle soon, within some period of time I plan to be racing, so I just may make it to the finish line before you.
Hmmmnn, well if I wasn't in the middle of my family life... I would probably do a similar thing... As it is, I have to be very careful not to be hurt on the jobsite...

SPJ
08-25-2009, 07:23 AM
randomness vs orderliness

nature is random, down to the electrons moveing about the neutron/particle at the atom level.

however, we human always look for rules or orders in all things in nature and life.

since we are social animals or like to live as a group.

so social orders are needed, too.

tai chi moves like water.

ba gua moves are changing just like 8 signs change.

tiger/snake/crane/monkey---

---

SPJ
08-27-2009, 01:31 PM
mother nature has her way. However;

but with all genetically altered food crops, superlactating cows, supergrown flesh cow/pig etc

gene altered tomato, cabbage, mango, seedless water melon--

on and on

the milk is from gene altered cow

the beef steak from--

recombinant insulin--

--

man has hands in mother nature all this time
---

:confused:

SPJ
08-27-2009, 01:32 PM
human will change weather, if only they know how.

:eek:

uki
08-30-2009, 03:50 AM
another beautiful lesson from nature... there is a mushroom family known as coprinaceae, the genus is coprinus, better known as inky caps... aside from the ability to make fine writing ink from them, these mushrooms are also extremely fragile and delicate - a mere breath can cause them to blow apart... yet this species is also reknown for its ability to push up concrete and asphalt when it comes to fruitation - now that is some awesome power. :D

Lucas
09-15-2009, 01:04 PM
On average a predator that is hunting a herd animal often times will pick out the old, sick, young and weak. They are a lot easier to catch. Sometimes those that know they are going down will lead the predator astray from the rest of the herd. Allowing a saving grace that can give the time needed so that the rest of the herd can prosper from its death. The predator is hungry, the easy prey presents itself, the predator reacts, thus giving a higher garantee of a meal at the end of the day. Prioritizing our methods and implimentations to be in line with our goals is something that nature shows to be a common trend, the path of least resistance in many different things. The way a plant will grow towards the light, the way water will find pathways already used by water in the past.

this is the same way we want/should conduct ourselves in martial arts. Be it sparring, sport or in self defense. the path of least resistance, the option of highest success rate, the route that will feed us and leave us stronger at the end of the day.

this goes from training habits all the way to an actual fight. if you constantly take the harder/wrong path in regards to your training, you wont last long enough to reach your goals.

of course this is all so very much common sense, but its also a lesson nature displays in a majority of natural interactions.

sanjuro_ronin
09-15-2009, 01:07 PM
On average a predator that is hunting a herd animal often times will pick out the old, sick, young and weak. They are a lot easier to catch. Sometimes those that know they are going down will lead the predator astray from the rest of the herd. Allowing a saving grace that can give the time needed so that the rest of the herd can prosper from its death. The predator is hungry, the easy prey presents itself, the predator reacts, thus giving a higher garantee of a meal at the end of the day. Prioritizing our methods and implimentations to be in line with our goals is something that nature shows to be a common trend, the path of least resistance in many different things. The way a plant will grow towards the light, the way water will find pathways already used by water in the past.

this is the same way we want/should conduct ourselves in martial arts. Be it sparring, sport or in self defense. the path of least resistance, the option of highest success rate, the route that will feed us and leave us stronger at the end of the day.

this goes from training habits all the way to an actual fight. if you constantly take the harder/wrong path in regards to your training, you wont last long enough to reach your goals.

of course this is all so very much common sense, but its also a lesson nature displays in a majority of natural interactions.

You need to remember the flip side of that coin, with resistence comes progression, taking the easy way out is not the way either, Balance young padawan, balance.

Lucas
09-15-2009, 01:08 PM
well thats not to say the best route isnt going to be difficult, but for every difficult route there will always be one more difficult, to the extreme of being non-beneficial.

rather than easy - smart might have been a better word to use.

:p

sanjuro_ronin
09-15-2009, 01:10 PM
well thats not to say the best route isnt going to be difficult, but for every difficult route there will always be one more difficult, to the extreme of being non-beneficial.

rather than easy - smart might have been a better word to use.

:p

Much wisdom you have attained.:D

Skip J.
09-15-2009, 01:10 PM
.....this goes from training habits all the way to an actual fight. if you constantly take the harder/wrong path in regards to your training, you wont last long enough to reach your goals.

Oh yes..... soft is beautiful after all...... sorry Lucas, just couldn't help myself....

Lucas
09-15-2009, 01:12 PM
hehe, you guys crack me up. hey SR, you know what else thats all natural this thread could use a bit of?

you get 1 guess Obi-Wan or Yoda it is?

sanjuro_ronin
09-15-2009, 01:16 PM
hehe, you guys crack me up. hey SJ, you know what else thats all natural this thread could use a bit of?

you get 1 guess Obi-Wan

Natural and beautiful:

Lucas
09-15-2009, 01:21 PM
very nice. you know what place has some great natural scenery? Venezuela!

uki
09-15-2009, 01:23 PM
very nice. you know what place has some great natural scenery? Venezuela!hmmmm... i always wondered about beautiful mongolian women beneath all their fur clothes...

Lucas
09-15-2009, 01:29 PM
hmmmm... i always wondered about beautiful mongolian women beneath all their fur clothes...

that should test SR's skills to the max lol

GL finding that one!

David Jamieson
09-15-2009, 01:29 PM
hmmmm... i always wondered about beautiful mongolian women beneath all their fur clothes...

mongolians in venezuela?

hmmmn.

me thinks the concrete dust is hardening in the geography portion of your brain.

uki
09-15-2009, 02:17 PM
mongolians in venezuela?

hmmmn.

me thinks the concrete dust is hardening in the geography portion of your brain.all beautiful women tend to blend together...

Lucas
09-15-2009, 02:23 PM
all beautiful women tend to blend together...

aint that the truth. sometimes people have asked me 'whats your type?' i always respond: Yes

vociferor
04-16-2011, 03:44 AM
Mountain: Immoveability, Strength, "Regular" & Irregular FORMation (the ability to look one way, while being seen as something else completely from another angle- the true intention, or "image" is always hidden... unless it wishes to be seen. You can look at a mountain and perceive it in your mind one way, holding to that image and saying "this is what the mountain looks like", only to perceive it from another angle and get a completely different image of that mountain and define it differently than the first time. Yet the mountain hasn't changed much since you looked at it 30 seconds ago [geologically speaking], but it has changed dramatically to the eye at a different angle, becoming a "different" mountain)

Wind: Communication, Speed, Impenetrability

Clouds: Interpretation & Symbolism (looking in to the mind's eye, gaining knowledge of self by using the clouds as Rorschach blots)

Fire: Ferocity, Sudden-ness, Uncontainability (when started "in" a home, it has the tendency of BECOMING the home... until the home no longer is; compare and contrast this to what happens whenever one opponent, through skill and/or brute force overcomes an adversary... the "adversary" is no longer adversary, in that he/she has become follower of the overcoming inertia... even at the behest of itself), Rapid-Growth (the "spreading" of fire)

Earth: Harmony of Growth ("tuning" one's self to "the way of the earth", as opposed to it, ensures that one will move with the earth- as a composite of powers- rather than, say individually, as a single and often less powerful force), Imbalance (not all things grow/move symmetrically... but this is also Beautiful. Chaos presents infinite opportunities for other "irregular", as-yet-unforeseen opportunities to manifest... providing new ways to learn, experience, grow)

Water: Waves (the direction of power), Adaptability & Formlessness, Flow/Timing, Anticipatory Power (the idea that, based on the observation of a water's flow/energy, one can project with what force and when a strike will be leveled... think tsunami)

Night: Invisibility & Concealment (which is also: Sight for the one who knows what to expect, yet Blindness to the one unsuspecting)

Light & Sun: Blindness & Sight (the right amount of light can enable one to see many things, yet over-abundance of light can be Brilliant... and Blinding)

Lightning: Visible Power & Double Meaning (you see it, but don't hear it... and if you hear it, it's not called "lightning")

Thunder: Invisible Power (you hear/feel it, but can't see)

The Deep Desert: Solitude & Isolation (a removal from all things all patterns offers one the ability to contemplate and breach the lines laid out for oneself; if not self-imposed, than those lain about you by others saying "THIS! is as far as you can go"... usually the words of people who don't want you to surpass them and are as yet unwilling to work on themselves)

Tibet: Patience & Long-Standing (if you stand against all blows, steadily over time, to the point where the adversary no longer issues blows... you defeat the adversary without fighting)

Psilocybin and LySergic acid Diethylamide: Freedom & Containment (it's okay for your mind to expand, and it's perfectly understandable why a force that wishes to exude it's control over you, whether it be government or otherwise, would wish that you wouldn't)

Crude Sexuality and Lovemaking: Tantra (whether it's your intention to pounce upon what attracts you merely for the sake of attraction, or to express yourself in the art of Making Love with two heart-souls joined in the process... what you create, even with the same person, will never always be exactly the same; compare and contrast with sparring or with undergoing anything that could ever be undergone once and no more repeated)

The "Unseen": everything that's capable of being imagined (or be brought into Manifestation from the Great [Never-Ending] Abyss of The UnManifest) can be brought into being, can be Seen

Animals (not including, but applying also to man): The Food Chain is Real

People (in general): are as complex, and yet as simple as Nature- for they are what each of these encompass, and far more. Their Potential must be first Freed, then Harnessed to effect Universal Order/Balance... if the Bodhisattva fail to do this in his/her present incarnation, it will be the task of a later Bodhisattva

Dust: Mortality & Immortality (that we will all be scattered throughout, one day. On this world and the next, and the next, and the next... our unmanifest selves returning to the manifest worlds to learn, experience, grow: the Infinite in all forms and formlessness becoming/realizing itself as/at One Body, Voice, Soul... Increasing Immortality, Furthering Life and Light, Beauty and Sorrow, Darkness, Love and Freedom, Terror, Contention, Peace and Understanding... Forevermore)

David Jamieson
04-16-2011, 06:17 AM
Nature is hard and favours the strong.

Can't find food or defend yourself? You die by default in nature.

By default.

That's all you need to know about nature besides the fact you should respect it, know that you are part of it and that you are subject to it and not the other way round.

It takes tremendous effort to fight nature and no matter what, you cannot ever prevail and to do so is only temporary.

Get past that, and you can get past anything.

taai gihk yahn
04-16-2011, 11:29 AM
Mountain: Immoveability, Strength, "Regular" & Irregular FORMation (the ability to look one way, while being seen as something else completely from another angle- the true intention, or "image" is always hidden... unless it wishes to be seen. You can look at a mountain and perceive it in your mind one way, holding to that image and saying "this is what the mountain looks like", only to perceive it from another angle and get a completely different image of that mountain and define it differently than the first time. Yet the mountain hasn't changed much since you looked at it 30 seconds ago [geologically speaking], but it has changed dramatically to the eye at a different angle, becoming a "different" mountain)

Wind: Communication, Speed, Impenetrability

Clouds: Interpretation & Symbolism (looking in to the mind's eye, gaining knowledge of self by using the clouds as Rorschach blots)

Fire: Ferocity, Sudden-ness, Uncontainability (when started "in" a home, it has the tendency of BECOMING the home... until the home no longer is; compare and contrast this to what happens whenever one opponent, through skill and/or brute force overcomes an adversary... the "adversary" is no longer adversary, in that he/she has become follower of the overcoming inertia... even at the behest of itself), Rapid-Growth (the "spreading" of fire)

Earth: Harmony of Growth ("tuning" one's self to "the way of the earth", as opposed to it, ensures that one will move with the earth- as a composite of powers- rather than, say individually, as a single and often less powerful force), Imbalance (not all things grow/move symmetrically... but this is also Beautiful. Chaos presents infinite opportunities for other "irregular", as-yet-unforeseen opportunities to manifest... providing new ways to learn, experience, grow)

Water: Waves (the direction of power), Adaptability & Formlessness, Flow/Timing, Anticipatory Power (the idea that, based on the observation of a water's flow/energy, one can project with what force and when a strike will be leveled... think tsunami)

Night: Invisibility & Concealment (which is also: Sight for the one who knows what to expect, yet Blindness to the one unsuspecting)

Light & Sun: Blindness & Sight (the right amount of light can enable one to see many things, yet over-abundance of light can be Brilliant... and Blinding)

Lightning: Visible Power & Double Meaning (you see it, but don't hear it... and if you hear it, it's not called "lightning")

Thunder: Invisible Power (you hear/feel it, but can't see)

The Deep Desert: Solitude & Isolation (a removal from all things all patterns offers one the ability to contemplate and breach the lines laid out for oneself; if not self-imposed, than those lain about you by others saying "THIS! is as far as you can go"... usually the words of people who don't want you to surpass them and are as yet unwilling to work on themselves)

Tibet: Patience & Long-Standing (if you stand against all blows, steadily over time, to the point where the adversary no longer issues blows... you defeat the adversary without fighting)

Psilocybin and LySergic acid Diethylamide: Freedom & Containment (it's okay for your mind to expand, and it's perfectly understandable why a force that wishes to exude it's control over you, whether it be government or otherwise, would wish that you wouldn't)

Crude Sexuality and Lovemaking: Tantra (whether it's your intention to pounce upon what attracts you merely for the sake of attraction, or to express yourself in the art of Making Love with two heart-souls joined in the process... what you create, even with the same person, will never always be exactly the same; compare and contrast with sparring or with undergoing anything that could ever be undergone once and no more repeated)

The "Unseen": everything that's capable of being imagined (or be brought into Manifestation from the Great [Never-Ending] Abyss of The UnManifest) can be brought into being, can be Seen

Animals (not including, but applying also to man): The Food Chain is Real

People (in general): are as complex, and yet as simple as Nature- for they are what each of these encompass, and far more. Their Potential must be first Freed, then Harnessed to effect Universal Order/Balance... if the Bodhisattva fail to do this in his/her present incarnation, it will be the task of a later Bodhisattva

Dust: Mortality & Immortality (that we will all be scattered throughout, one day. On this world and the next, and the next, and the next... our unmanifest selves returning to the manifest worlds to learn, experience, grow: the Infinite in all forms and formlessness becoming/realizing itself as/at One Body, Voice, Soul... Increasing Immortality, Furthering Life and Light, Beauty and Sorrow, Darkness, Love and Freedom, Terror, Contention, Peace and Understanding... Forevermore)
Kicking up dust, dragging around a rotten corpse. A scoundrel making trouble!

vociferor
05-09-2011, 01:14 AM
Recommended Reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Book_of_Five_Rings

SPJ
05-09-2011, 10:18 AM
Nature is hard and favours the strong.

Can't find food or defend yourself? You die by default in nature.

By default.

That's all you need to know about nature besides the fact you should respect it, know that you are part of it and that you are subject to it and not the other way round.

It takes tremendous effort to fight nature and no matter what, you cannot ever prevail and to do so is only temporary.

Get past that, and you can get past anything.

agreed

nature moves us

even thou we may move above that sometimes

but for most part, we may not.

--