PDA

View Full Version : ATTN PHANTOM

word
06-01-2001, 06:08 AM
What style do you train? do you trian at all son?

Brad
06-02-2001, 04:31 AM
I think it's only fair that you give up your own personal info first.

inyo
06-02-2001, 08:25 AM
Word-- I train 7*Mantis under Sifu Jimmy Tsui ex student of Sifu Chiu Chi Man and kung fu brother of Sifu Lee Kam Wing--both of whom you have made desparaging comments about on a previous topic.Could you please explain your comments? I've asked you to do this x2 before,so far no response.How come??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

word
06-03-2001, 03:25 AM
lee kam wing has a lot of historical knowledge and knows a ton of SETS but he doest not know how to fight, which makes him not a good sifu iMHO to pass down the fighting art of seven star mantis, thats' all, if lee kam wing could touch hands and demolish people then i'd give him respect, also his forms have to waist movemetn and no spring action, no ging, but he's ok as far as forms go, just ok, brenda lai is better but even he isn't all that, uses too much power in my hummmmbbble opinonionoin you know what i am sayin? both brena lai and lee kam ming teach they students to be doing sets after sets all day in the sun, not how to fight and kick major butt nah meann son

phantom
06-04-2001, 04:47 PM
But hey, you do have another option available to you. On the various forums here, I have mentioned,on two or three different threads, what style I practice. You can have fun finding them. You seem like you have nothing better to do with your time than play around on the computer anyway. In case you have not noticed, I do not post on here anywhere near as much as I used to. That is because I have gotten my priorities straight. Perhaps you should do the same?

EARTH DRAGON
06-04-2001, 07:43 PM
WORD PLEASE EXCUSE ME IF IM WRONG, BUT FIGHTING IS THE SIMPLEST AND SMALLEST PART OF MARTIAL ARTS AND EASILY TRAINED OR TAUGHT, ANYONE WITH A FIST CAN PUNCH, BUT THOSE WHO FIGHT WITH THEM SELVES CAN NEVER WIN!!!!!!!! IF ALL YOU BASE YOUR JUDGEMENT ON IS THE FIGHTING ASPECTS OF KUNG FU THEN I SUGGEST YOU LOOK INSIDE YOUR SELF FOR OHTER ANSWERS.....EITHER THAT OR ASK FOR A REFUND! BECAUSE YOU HAVE LEARNED NOTHING! PLEASE DONT TAKE WHAT I SAY THE WRONG WAY, I JUST LIKE TO SEE A WELL EDUCATED PERSON PASSING JUDGEMENT NOT A BULLY WHO HAS SOMETHING TO PROVE THANK YOU FOR READING

http://www.kungfuUSA.net

word
06-05-2001, 07:37 AM
i know that there are otehr things to learn in kung fu besides fighting like heath and blah blah but you should know how to fight with your kung fu, if u dotn then u dont know kung fu man

inyo
06-06-2001, 07:16 PM
???-How do you know that Sifu Lee Kam Wing can't fight?? Have you fought him?? What are your credentials? Do you even train?? You obviously have a limited understanding of the true teaching of forms/kata,and of the focus/application and reason for the teaching of sets/drills.Every thing that one learns in the study of martial arts is primarily concerned with teaching you how to fight. What style do you train??? in?--Who is your Sifu/Sensei?? Can you fight? My KEMPO Shihan used to tell us --"WORDs mean nothing,actions reveal intent..." He also taught us the importance of forms/kata--''strong kata=strong fighter''--Our sortai(drills/sets)training was brutal, both partners were the recipients of multiple counters when they were the attacker and always ended up on the floor.Nothing was pulled,this taught us to take a beating as well as dish one out ,it developed courage,self control and respect for ourselves and our fellow students.All valuable characteristics if one is to become a good fighter. Or do you disagree? How do you develop the prerequisite skills to become a formidable fighter? Could you please share your insights with me? oossuu!!! :D :D :D

Taijimantis
06-07-2001, 05:38 AM
Are you all going to play Words game?

For nearly over a year I have watched him antagonize and talk down about different people and their teachers.

Just let him rant.
You know its B.S.
I know its B.S.
And I think WORD even knows its B.S.

Obi-Wan Kenobi said: "who is the more foolish the fool? Or the fool who follows him?"

Dont follow my frinds, and the only onw who will look stupid is, well the stupid one :)

Shanti

TJM :rolleyes: