Hi Guys,

Ok give me your all time best Shaw Bros etc:

I wiil start:

10 Comandments of Kung Fu
Chess Boxing
Five Deadly Venoms

KTS
08-07-2009, 04:31 PM
dunno if its shaw bros, but master of the flying guillotine is a **** fine movie by my standards.

recently, jet li's huo yuanjia(fearless) was an excellent movie IMO.

i also thought Wing Chun wasnt too bad.

and i have seen too many movies! reminds me to go buy some old kung fu classics.

which one has the "bloody birds"???

Shaolin Dude
08-07-2009, 09:46 PM
haven't seen that much shaw brothers. maybe 8 diagram pole fighters

mickey
08-09-2009, 08:30 AM
Greetings,

Chess Boxing and 10 Commandments were not from Shaw Brothers.

My Picks:

Legendary Weapons of China (18 Classical Weapons)

Heroes of the East

Five Venoms

Sentimental Swordsman

The New One Armed Swordsman

To Kill a Mastermind

Killer Constable

Blacktiger
08-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Greetings,

Chess Boxing and 10 Commandments were not from Shaw Brothers.

Killer Constable

Sorry - I should have been more clear - it just had to be Hong Kong KF flicks which is why I said Shaw Bros etc......... i.e. any thing from Hong Kong Cinema.

Not just Shaw Bros - this was an example to get the ball rolling :D

Lama Pai Sifu
08-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Mad Monkey Kung-Fu

Five Super-Fighters

Chinese Super-Ninjas

All great SB movies.

taai gihk yahn
08-09-2009, 06:07 PM
I don't know if it's Shaw Bros., but Prodigal Son, to me, hands down the best ever;

Scott R. Brown
08-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Nothing tops Zatoichi!!

Any and all of them...okay except a few of the T.V. Episodes!

And yes I know they are not Chinese Cinema, But they are martial arts, sort of!

Of the Chinese cinema, I like Shaolin Temple, Five Venoms, Crippled Avengers, Wing Chun, Twin Warriors, Drunken Master, Drunken Master II, Snake in the Eagles Shadow, Iron Monkey....

I have a couple of hundred movies so I could go on!

Oh Yeah...and the "Sleepy Eyes of Death" Series! (Japanese again)

TenTigers
08-09-2009, 11:01 PM
Crippled Avengers (for its humor), Pride's Deadly Fury, Shaolin Temple, I&II, Iron Monkey, OUIC, Fong Sai Yuk,Swordsman I,II, III, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, House of Flying Daggers, Dragon Inn.I really prefer the Mo Hop Pien-Wu Xia films over the standard Shaw Bros.

I never cared for their choreography-long, drawn out fight scenes, also I don't care for the fights on the ladders, etc, -so I lean more towards the complete fantasy epic type. I get frustrated watching bad Kung-Fu, so I'd rather see people flying and carving poetry in mountain sides with their gim.

The real epics, Heaven Sword Dragon Blade, and all the Condor Heroes epics are more intense, and have much more Mo-Duk philosophy woven into their tales.
I have three versions of Heaven Sword, and still looking for the one with Andy Lau. Some of these epics are ten discs long.

CFT
08-10-2009, 07:54 AM
The real epics, Heaven Sword Dragon Blade, and all the Condor Heroes epics are more intense, and have much more Mo-Duk philosophy woven into their tales.
I have three versions of Heaven Sword, and still looking for the one with Andy Lau. Some of these epics are ten discs long.These are the TV series right?

Don't know of a Heaven Sword Dragon Sabre series with Andy Lau in (assuming he is the hero Cheung Mo Gei/Zhang Wuji).

I know of at least 3 Hong Kong ones:

1978 starring Adam Cheng Siu Chow
1986 starring Tony Leung Chiu Wai
2000 starring Lawrence Ng Kai Wah

Possibly my favourite was the 1994 Taiwan series starring Steven Ma Jing Tao and Cecilia Yip Tong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Heaven_Sword_and_Dragon_Saber

TenTigers
08-10-2009, 08:09 AM
hmm, maybe I was mistaking Tony Leung..? Could be why I couldn't find it..;)
Have you ever tried to watch Condor Heroes and Heaven sword in succession?
Heaven Sword alone takes about a week!
They tried to make shorter versions such as the one by Shaw Bros, or Cult master, but they are lame in comparrison, as you miss out on the entire plot and development of Cheung Mo Gei.

CFT
08-10-2009, 08:21 AM
hmm, maybe I was mistaking Tony Leung..? Could be why I couldn't find it..;)
Have you ever tried to watch Condor Heroes and Heaven sword in succession?
Heaven Sword alone takes about a week!
They tried to make shorter versions such as the one by Shaw Bros, or Cult master, but they are lame in comparrison, as you miss out on the entire plot and development of Cheung Mo Gei.Never done a marathon session of any of it. I highly recommend the 1994 Taiwan version. Good acting and choreography. Not seen the more recent mainland China versions.

We grew up on the TVB versions ... just as VCRs got affordable. Probably when Chinese restaurant workers started to stay up all night watching TV rather than gambling!

Blacktiger
08-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Just thought of another two.

Fist of The White Lotus.

King Boxer/Five Fingers of Death