PDA

View Full Version : Wing Chun and White Crane article

Hendrik
08-10-2009, 05:25 PM
Here are a very good article on Wing Chun and White CRane of Fujian.

http://www.shareapic.net/View-11202108-Wing-Chun.html

Thanks to Eric Lin who post it.

Best Regards
Hendrik

Yoshiyahu
08-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Do you practice White Crane?

If show how has it improved your WC?

goju
08-12-2009, 11:29 AM
lol how come i just see a small article in chinese when i click on that?

i practice goju ryu as well which developed from the fukien white crane fist ive noticed alot of the same techniques in wing chun in goju which leads to proving that wing chun largely is a branch of the white crane style like okinawan karate

sanjuro_ronin
08-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Which type of White Crane is the book referring to?

chusauli
08-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Fujian type.

chusauli
08-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Its an interesting read, however, the geneaology chart for WCK is more speculation...

sanjuro_ronin
08-12-2009, 11:42 AM
Fujian type.

What type?
Scared? Flying? whooping?
Can't recall the other names...

Hendrik
08-12-2009, 11:46 AM
Its an interesting read, however, the geneaology chart for WCK is more speculation...

That I agree the author is guessing.

chusauli
08-12-2009, 11:49 AM
It mentions all of them...

All the 4 major cranes: Sleeping, Shaking, Singing, and Eating are related and share the same basics of float, sink, swallow, spit.

The forms differ, nut the energy is similar in each of the 4 methods. I saw Crane from Taiwan which had the 4 sets of Crane in one system.

WCK is more than likely a derivative.

Plum Publications was selling a DVD of a White Crane convention in Taiwan a few years back - they even invited WCK people to demo.

And the forms had so much similarity. As for the pole - you can clearly see where the 6.5 point pole originated from.

sanjuro_ronin
08-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the info Robert.
:D

goju
08-12-2009, 12:01 PM
wc and karate are supposed to have been systems that came from the whooping crane

sanjuro_ronin
08-12-2009, 12:05 PM
wc and karate are supposed to have been systems that came from the whooping crane

Which Karate?
Some Okinawan systems are more related to 5 Anciestors than White Crane.

goju
08-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Which Karate?
Some Okinawan systems are more related to 5 Anciestors than White Crane.
goju specifically and uechi ryu
hatsakura is a white crane form imported to china that you see in some branches of both styles as well

Hendrik
08-12-2009, 12:18 PM
It mentions all of them...

All the 4 major cranes: Sleeping, Shaking, Singing, and Eating are related and share the same basics of float, sink, swallow, spit.

The forms differ, nut the energy is similar in each of the 4 methods. I saw Crane from Taiwan which had the 4 sets of Crane in one system.

WCK is more than likely a derivative.

Plum Publications was selling a DVD of a White Crane convention in Taiwan a few years back - they even invited WCK people to demo.

And the forms had so much similarity. As for the pole - you can clearly see where the 6.5 point pole originated from.

Robert and all,

To be real honest,

If these reseacher doesnt blend in the Emei 12 Zhuang elements, the case cannot be closed. I have tried that white crane only path for decades and it cant close the case.

So, the issue here is what is the agenda. The agenda is to preserve as much data points as possible so the practice is meaning full. and SLT can be bring back to a live as describe in the legend.

A clear example where some White Crane or even the some Cho family decendent people might not agree with me or even oppose me is that, the WCK technics will be different if it is condition via the Emei 12 Zhuang's Snake Slide worm moves or other White Crane ways.

The Snake slide Worm moves will en able a person to have a different degree of freedom which is suitable for SLT then Say the Iron Wire set or Hung gar or even White Crane.

SLT doesnt use the San Chin Stance similar to the White Crane of Fujian is an important indication of the differences.

Basically, the power platform is different even the external shape such as Water Hand of White Crane fujian is similar to WCK's Tan sau.

if one uses the YJKYM trying to get the power similar to the San Chin Stance that cant be done and infact it is problematic.

That conditioning is a key to make the SLT works or not. If the conditioning is different then the art will be different.

As a more detail example, The emei 12 Zhuang conditioning expect every join is a small circular motions, one join moves all the joins must follow in a circular way.
Thus, it looks like snake sliding or worm moving. if one applied this type of power platfom into the SLT, then SLT will be transform to a Boomerang type of power platform which is consistance with the ancient legend on WCK is an art of Sicking, it cut both side and forward backward, it is a circular flow.

Todays, some thoughts rapid fire to the center line is WCK, well, that is true, however, if one does it with the Sickling then there is no rapid fire to the center line but everything WCK does is by default a focus continous flow to the centerline.

To reach that focus continous flow or "continous rapid fire" naturally, and effortlessly, upto now, I cant think another way of conditioning beside the Emei 12 Zhuang way. I am open to all discussion with all the views if anyone have data. I actually careless to defend any style because the bottom line is if the SLT doesnt work. WCK dead. Why do i want to practice something which is dead?

and BTW, in order to have a par with the IMA power generation platform, it got to go soft and effortless. Because that is the only way which can fit to the discribtion of the begining of the Kuen kuit. "This is advance methods.... open the gate..."

If others could seriously present their data, right or wrong, for discussion, I will 1000% love to discuss openly.

However, I would not discuss with the agenda of " I know it all, I am the authority....." Why? people who practice SLT is loosing. Why do you think more and more people switch to BJJ? and the agenda must be why is it work and how is it work. instead of "oh, I got this ancient stuff, Oh, I have a higher family rank....." it doesnt matter.

For me, as for today,
SLT is using the snake conditioning as the short power generation platform and sicking thus it can generate lost of power in a short time and short distance, SLT is using a spiral of Triangle to "drill" into the opponents......

Tommorow, things might be different from today if I learn something better. But, until then, we know, how the sickling is from and the Triangle drilling is the Trade mark of the art of SLT.

That is not address in the above article. But the article is great because it is a good first step.

Best Regards
Hendrik

sanjuro_ronin
08-12-2009, 12:20 PM
goju specifically and uechi ryu
hatsakura is a white crane form imported to china that you see in some branches of both styles as well

The white crane of Miyagi's Goju is still debated, not that it matters really.

goju
08-12-2009, 12:28 PM
The white crane of Miyagi's Goju is still debated, not that it matters really.
actually the styles that influenced karate as awhole are debated but crane is obviously one of them
hung gar five ancestors wing chun etc etc are a few others that may have influenced them

sanjuro_ronin
08-12-2009, 12:29 PM
actually the styles that influenced karate as awhole are debated but crane is obviously one of them
hung gar five ancestors wing chun etc etc are a few others that may have influenced them

Probably a combination of a few of them.
I don't think that Miyagi and Higanonna had the same teacher in China.

goju
08-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Probably a combination of a few of them.
I don't think that Miyagi and Higanonna had the same teacher in China.
yup its not exactly known what all miyagi studied in his various trips to china either so its up to debate