PDA

View Full Version : Machete

GeneChing
08-12-2009, 06:17 PM
DeNiro, Seagal, Alba & Lohan? Cheech & Johnson? TREJO!? WTF?

Cast of Robert Rodriguez's 'Machete' unveiled (http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/08/05/machete-cast-releas/)
by Alynda Wheat

The confirmed cast of Robert Rodriguez’s (and protégé Ethan Maniquis’s) next movie, Machete, was announced in Variety today, and there are some unexpected names making the cut. Machete features Danny Trejo playing the title character, a Mexican Charles Bronson-type gun for hire — a character who appeared in a fake trailer for 2007’s Grindhouse. Starring alongside Trejo will be Robert De Niro, Jessica Alba, Steven Seagal, Michelle Rodriguez, Nash Bridges co-stars Cheech Marin and Don Johnson, and in her first major film role in some time, Lindsay Lohan. The list puts to bed rumors that Jonah Hill would also join the cast. Machete is expected to hit screens next year.

ittokaos
08-12-2009, 11:35 PM
why the surprize? cheech was in the original trailer. "God has mercy, I dont."

Scott R. Brown
08-13-2009, 01:13 AM
It's about time...I've been waiting for this one. It is sure to be EXTREMELY gory!!! I'll probably love it and hate it at the same time!

I like Danny Trejo too! It is hard to find a good actor uglier than Bronson!

solo1
08-13-2009, 08:04 AM
Ive read that Danny Trejo while a very aggressive looking guy and very scary on film is a very kind and passive guy. married to a pretty attractive woman.

yutyeesam
05-05-2010, 11:08 PM
Steven Segal is in this wielding double blades (:confused:) Definitely new stuff for him.

The trailer looks so badarse, I don't know what to do with myself!

http://youtu.be/nNB87qjXkJs?a

Pretty bizarre lineup of actors!

Tao Of The Fist
05-05-2010, 11:24 PM
God this film looks tuff, yet i couldn't stop laughing because this trailer was horrible!! Ohh well, I never really was a fan of Robert Rodriguez. Props to Danny Trejo though..

GeneChing
05-06-2010, 09:15 AM
Watch it below ASAP. 20th Century Fox is pulling the plug on this. Most are broken links like above already due to their copyright claim.

Robert Rodriguez cuts 'illegal' trailer for 'Machete' to protest Arizona immigration law (http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/2010/05/06/2010-05-06_robert_rodriguez_cuts_illegal_trailer_for_mache te_to_protest_arizona_immigration.html)
By Soraya Roberts
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Thursday, May 6th 2010, 10:39 AM

Don't mess with Robert Rodriguez.

The Mexican filmmaker recut an illegal trailer for his new Mexploitation flick, "Machete," for Cinco de Mayo - as a message to Arizona.

Rodriguez passed along the re-edited film promo to AintItCoolNews.com to denounce the state's recently passed immigration legislation, which makes it a crime for immigrants not to carry their documents.

“This is Machete, with a special Cinco de Mayo message… to Arizona!” star Danny Trejo says, before unleashing a slew of violent expletive-filled and sexy scenes from the film.

The trailer offers glimpses of Jessica Alba and Michelle Rodriguez - in the trademark eye patch favored by contemporary B-movies - not to mention Robert De Niro and Lindsay Lohan.

Lohan, who reportedly stars as a gun-happy socialite, appears in a nun suit licking a gun. The image recalls the controversial photo, taken by Tyler Shields, that she recently posted on Twitter of her holding a gun to her mouth.

"He knows the score, he gets the women and he kills the bad guys," the voice-over says of the film's protagonist, Machete Cortez.

"Machete" is a full-length version of the fake trailer Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino directed for "Grindhouse" in 2007.

According to an interview with IGN, Rodriguez sees Machete as Mexico's answer to Jean-Claude Van Damme or Charles Bronson. The anti-hero, Mexican labor worker is hired to assassinate a former senator, ends up being double crossed.

The film is set for release on September 3.

GeneChing
05-07-2010, 09:58 AM
May 6, 2010
Robert Rodriguez's 'illegal' movie trailer is the real deal (http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/05/06/robert-rodriguezs-illegal-movie-trailer-is-the-real-deal/)
Posted: 11:54 AM ET

Robert RodriguezHappy belated Cinco de Mayo! If you're still recovering, be sure not to miss the “illegal” trailer crafted by writer/director Robert Rodriguez for his upcoming film “Machete.”

Danny Trejo plays the knife-wielding hero, and he’s got a special message in there, just for Arizona.

Before the Southwestern state made headlines by, as CNN.com notes, requiring "all immigrants to carry alien registration documents at all times and requiring police to question people if there is reason to suspect them of being in the country illegally," Rodriguez was toiling away on a Mexploitation film that touches on the same issue, to be released by 20th Century Fox on September 3, 2010.

The new trailer for the film, which features Jessica Alba, Robert DeNiro, Lindsay Lohan and Michelle Rodriguez, lays out the basic plot points: Danny Trejo’s Machete is paid to assassinate a corrupt senator with an anti-immigration platform, but it’s actually a set-up to reinforce the senator’s call for harsh anti-immigration laws.

But, as the trailer says, those on the senator’s side “soon realize they [expletive] with the wrong Mexican.”

In a statement from Fox, the studio confirmed that Robert Rodriguez was indeed given the green light to make the trailer, but they didn't know exactly what he was going to do.
I hear Lohan is slated to play Linda Lovelace. I choked out Lovelace, you know. :eek: