PDA

View Full Version : Rolles Gracie Sem.

monji112000
08-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Just got home from a Rolles Gracie Sem.
All I can say is WOW. He is one of the coolest guys. How the hell did he get so tall??? I asked him if maybe they did something to him as a kid ... some kind of experiment or something :P

Easily the best sem I have been too. Amazing teacher, his takedowns are .... one of a kind. Nothing crazy fancy, just good technique. He even got me to do hand stand style passes.. you know the ones were your up in the air.. me no coordination.. anyone who lives in the NY area should seek him out. HINT HINT
If you own a gym, get him to do a sem, you won't regret it!

I'll post pics and maybe vids (depends on if they will allow posting vids sometimes people don't like it).
Its funny one of these threads has a conversation about judo and leverage. Rolles is a perfect example of how a big guy can take the concepts,theory,ect.. and maximize them because of his size.

Oh if you don't know who he is here is a old MMA fight of his:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/855573/rolles_gracie_vs_sam_holloway/

He is fighting in China I think next month.. from what I hear MMA is BIG in china.. its growing like crazy.

monji112000
08-17-2009, 09:01 AM
as promised left to right :Rolles,me, Gustavo, gustavinho (gustavo's son).
sorry no clips will be posted.

I know everyone else is smiling and I'm not lol... we smile allot at our gym. I guess I wanted to look tough :D.

sanjuro_ronin
08-17-2009, 10:09 AM
Nice.
He is one tall mofu !
Is he named after the Rolls that died many years ago?

monji112000
08-17-2009, 10:13 AM
Nice.
He is one tall mofu !
Is he named after the Rolls that died many years ago?

yes that's his father. ;) Can't you see the resemblance?? He is fighting in china and just opened a school in NJ..
I would easily go to another sem. if he gave it. Well worth the money.. never been to a seminar before were I walked out confident in techniques that I couldn't do before. I already started working something the ideas he gave me.
I don't know if you can tell but I enjoy the sem.. :D

sanjuro_ronin
08-17-2009, 10:53 AM
yes that's his father. ;) Can't you see the resemblance?? He is fighting in china and just opened a school in NJ..
I would easily go to another sem. if he gave it. Well worth the money.. never been to a seminar before were I walked out confident in techniques that I couldn't do before. I already started working something the ideas he gave me.
I don't know if you can tell but I enjoy the sem.. :D

Never been to a Carlson Gracie Jr, seminar, have you?
Didn't know he was his son, don't fallow GJJ that closely.

monji112000
08-17-2009, 11:03 AM
Never been to a Carlson Gracie Jr, seminar, have you?
Didn't know he was his son, don't fallow GJJ that closely.

I went to a few other BJJ sem, one who had a big name (won't say it here).. but honestly I have a hard time learning at these things. the pace is so fast normally.. and its really hit and miss. I hear allot of good things about Carlson.. some funny things too. :D I won't repeat them online. :D lets just say he is a interesting person. I'm not a cult member of GJJ, but Gracie Barra has allot of good guys associate with them. Allot of fun stories :D So many amazing grapplers came out of Gracie Barra.. I would love to go to a Carlson sem.

sanjuro_ronin
08-17-2009, 11:22 AM
Dude, I speak Portuguese, if you knew half the stuff that is said...LMAO !

monji112000
08-17-2009, 11:30 AM
Dude, I speak Portuguese, if you knew half the stuff that is said...LMAO !
I want to learn so badly. I'm thinking about getting
http://www.amazon.com/Rosetta-Stone-Version-Portuguese-Companion/dp/B001AFFZB8/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1250533782&sr=8-12

just don't have the money at the moment.