PDA

View Full Version : video: uki-esque individual shows up at a karate school to teach them the way...

MasterKiller
08-15-2009, 06:33 PM
This is a somewhat graphic fight. Click at your own risk.

http://photobucket.com/albums/w46/Stigander/?action=view&current=video.flv

TenTigers
08-15-2009, 06:56 PM
I believe he was taught by Jesus. He certainly was turning the other cheek. In fact he got his cheek turned into chopmeat.
What I found weird was that the guy in the karate gi, initiated the attack. He says, "Just stand there," and the guy just hauled off and kicked him.
On a side note, the guy for a big, strong Black Belt, was pretty ****ed inneffective. That spinning back kick was horrible.
Although, the "Brooklyn Smile" was quite effective.
Also, just how many kicks to the groin did that guy throw. I don't believe any of them hit home, because the guy was completely unphased.
I was wondering if the "sensei" was arrested for being such a total azole.
sickening.

lkfmdc
08-15-2009, 07:05 PM
What I found weird was

the entire thing :eek:

yeah, seemed it was all talk and the student form the school started the actual fight

of course, the "I give up" and then beating the tar out of him was the worst part

Scott R. Brown
08-15-2009, 07:19 PM
The white guy, who apparently runs the school, should learn how to tie his belt. I wouldn't even allow a beginning student to come to class without this belt tied correctly, that is, the ends of equal length. It looks sloppy! Also he is a fat, if you are going to teach, how about actually workout a bit!

The guy in the white karate gi, is now subject to arrest for battery, for attacking the man unprovoked, and beating him senseless!

I hope someone sends this video to the local police department. That was totally uncalled for. The "Guest" is clearly mentally disadvantaged in some manner and he was encouraged by the school officials to teach the class.

If I knew who these a$$holes were I would turn them in myself!:mad:

taai gihk yahn
08-15-2009, 07:32 PM
the part where he said "don't do that anymore" rung a bell, and I believe that I have found some other footage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6m7NR6iYjg) of him fighting (specifically, around 1:00)...

David Jamieson
08-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Dude won't be posing much anymore.

punchdrunk
08-15-2009, 10:26 PM
sadly in that school the fight is probably considered a "challenge" match and glorified to show how real their training is. I've been in similar stupid situations and found that words were all that was needed to get the person to leave. That video is a sad testimony to how cruel some can be to the weak. It is a good reminder of why morality and character are important in training.

David Jamieson
08-15-2009, 10:38 PM
sadly in that school the fight is probably considered a "challenge" match and glorified to show how real their training is. I've been in similar stupid situations and found that words were all that was needed to get the person to leave. That video is a sad testimony to how cruel some can be to the weak. It is a good reminder of why morality and character are important in training.

from my point of view, that was a cane across the back.

bawang
08-15-2009, 10:48 PM
why did they beat that guy up?

taai gihk yahn
08-15-2009, 11:17 PM

didn't they tell you why after you regained consciousness?

David Jamieson
08-15-2009, 11:42 PM

It wasn't "they" it was he.

The individual beat him for having the audacity to come into their dojo and tell them what's what.

bawang
08-16-2009, 12:05 AM
didn't they tell you why after you regained consciousness?

no but my anoos was very sore after

It wasn't "they" it was he.

The individual beat him for having the audacity to come into their dojo and tell them what's what.

thanks i get it nowall i heard in that video was "jesus is my only master"
i feel bad for that guy

Scott R. Brown
08-16-2009, 12:44 AM

I agree!

The truly weak ones are those who felt it was appropriate to trash a mentally disturbed person!

uki
08-16-2009, 04:44 AM
aside from not watching the video, all he can say is... uki only trains so that he doesn't have to fight and that he sure does like watching people continue to think about him... he must be like an annoying genital wart in their mind and no matter how hard they try, they cannot seem to remove it.

this is great... keep it up. :D

TenTigers
08-16-2009, 05:24 AM
We've all encountered these types. They walk into our school and proceed to tell us that they trained 'Ninjitsu in a Shalim Temple in Korea.." or some variation.
Most of us dismiss them, sometimes we talk a bit more to them, out of curiosity, or amusement, or just out of pity.
But, it seemed that this guy brought him into his school, onto his floor, for the sole purpose of a beating. Basically , luring him into a trap, knowing full well, that the guy had no clue what was about to happen. The guy is a predator, and is no different than a pedophile luring a child into his van.

sha0lin1
08-16-2009, 06:04 AM

All I can say is wow. It was obvious that guy was out of his mind. They could have shown a little compassion and let him perform his kata and that could have been the end of it. Or they could have shown him the door, or called the police to remove him from the premesis. The black belt had no reason to finish him off after he said he had won. I can't believe none of the other students tried to intervene at the end when he was obviously unconscious and unable to defend himself. A very poor school and Master indeed.

uki
08-16-2009, 06:46 AM
A very poor school and Master indeed.must be something in the NYC water...

Lama Pai Sifu
08-16-2009, 07:16 AM
Does anyone have the background info on this school, i.e., date, locations, head instructor, etc.???

Also, it's hard to make out the discussion at the beginning, but did this guy walk in and challenge the school or did he just offer to 'teach' them something?? I wasn't sure from the video and everyone's comments read like he came in very friendly...

Anyone?

sanjuro_ronin
08-17-2009, 06:30 AM
Well, it seems that things got a little out of hand there.
hard to say why the BB felt the need to turn the other guy into a gummi bear, maybe it was the other guys silly behaviour and clown like attitute towrds fighting, who the F knows with people like this.
I recall a match I had many moons ago, a walk in much like this that thought TKD was a big jike, my instructor said to me, be respectful, but if he acts like a jerk, out him through the wall.
He acted like a jerk with all these "bruce lee" noices and stuff, but he went down at the fist side kick to his ribs (broken) and was much nicer in the emergency room.

sha0lin1
08-17-2009, 06:32 AM
Does anyone have the background info on this school, i.e., date, locations, head instructor, etc.???

Also, it's hard to make out the discussion at the beginning, but did this guy walk in and challenge the school or did he just offer to 'teach' them something?? I wasn't sure from the video and everyone's comments read like he came in very friendly...

Anyone?

There is really no context about what happened when he came in, I was wondering the same thing too. But still...a couple of Karate guys came into our school once and challenged our master. He had a couple of our top students fight them, but it wasn't a death match. They respectfully beat them and when they said they had enough, it was over. Challenge or no challenge, the guy conceded the fight and his defeat. If that is the kind of black belts this school produces, then that shows very poorly on the Master and his students.

MasterKiller
08-17-2009, 08:03 AM

Anyone?

I heard Bullshido has a complete thread on it, detailing the where, when, how, etc... I don't go there so I don't have a link.

Knifefighter
08-17-2009, 08:24 AM
That was definitely assault and battery. Too bad the guy probably doesn't have the mental capability to hire an attorney and sue their a$$es.

Hopefully, the karate dude at least had criminal charges brought against him.

monji112000
08-17-2009, 09:29 AM
taking advantage of the mentally ill isn't cool. JC gave him his belt..

Lee Chiang Po
08-17-2009, 11:01 AM
Back about 30 years or more ago I worked with a young man that was taking TKD at a local dojo. I took him home every day because his license had been suspended, and he asked me to take him to the dojo that night. I agreed and actually sit in and watched during the classes. He introduced me to his Sensei and told him I was some sort of kung fu fighter. I tried to play it down, but the guy showed great interest, asking me to show them a form or two. I explained that I did not do fight forms and that we only did the basic technique forms. He kept insisting that I show them some moves and called one of his students to the front of the class. I had found myself in somewhat the same situation. The Sensei kept looking at the guy and grinning and winking so I assumed that this was meant to be a lesson to me instead. I kept declining but he kept insisting. Eventually I agreed to show him a few moves. Rather than being a demonstration it was actually a fight. A set up to make me have to fight. He said that the guy had been something of a boxer and was now learning to do TKD. I realized immediately that I was being set up and determined that it was not going to go his way. The guy was strong and had fast hands, but I kept off the end of his fists and managed to pretty much block everything. We went at it for a very short time and the guy just stopped, bowed and went back and sat down. He gave no reason for that. I left and took my co-worker home. Several days later he mentioned to me that he had talked to the other guy and he told him that I had his arms hurting really bad, and that he had eventually gone to an emergency room and they found small fractures in his forarms. I never struck him with a fist, just blocked his efforts to hit me. However, had he been much bigger and stronger it could easily have gone the same way of the video clip. I am sure that had he knocked me down or out he would have stomped me too.
The morality of a good many people suffer from this sort of behavior. He assumed that I was just talking sh-t and was going to show his student that I was. I never made a claim, and never really wanted to do this. It is silly. But he was so certain that I would get beat up that he was rather embarrised and sort of mad when it did not happen. I have been envited a couple of times to local dojo's to watch, but have never done so. The next time I could get stomped on real good.

Skip J.
08-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Back about 30 years or more ago I worked with a young man that was taking TKD at a local dojo. I took him home every day because his license had been suspended, and he asked me to take him to the dojo that night. I agreed and actually sit in and watched during the classes. He introduced me to his Sensei and told him I was some sort of kung fu fighter. I tried to play it down, but the guy showed great interest, asking me to show them a form or two. I explained that I did not do fight forms and that we only did the basic technique forms. He kept insisting that I show them some moves and called one of his students to the front of the class. I had found myself in somewhat the same situation. The Sensei kept looking at the guy and grinning and winking so I assumed that this was meant to be a lesson to me instead. I kept declining but he kept insisting. Eventually I agreed to show him a few moves. Rather than being a demonstration it was actually a fight. A set up to make me have to fight. He said that the guy had been something of a boxer and was now learning to do TKD. I realized immediately that I was being set up and determined that it was not going to go his way. The guy was strong and had fast hands, but I kept off the end of his fists and managed to pretty much block everything. We went at it for a very short time and the guy just stopped, bowed and went back and sat down. He gave no reason for that. I left and took my co-worker home. Several days later he mentioned to me that he had talked to the other guy and he told him that I had his arms hurting really bad, and that he had eventually gone to an emergency room and they found small fractures in his forarms. I never struck him with a fist, just blocked his efforts to hit me. However, had he been much bigger and stronger it could easily have gone the same way of the video clip. I am sure that had he knocked me down or out he would have stomped me too.
The morality of a good many people suffer from this sort of behavior. He assumed that I was just talking sh-t and was going to show his student that I was. I never made a claim, and never really wanted to do this. It is silly. But he was so certain that I would get beat up that he was rather embarrised and sort of mad when it did not happen. I have been envited a couple of times to local dojo's to watch, but have never done so. The next time I could get stomped on real good.

Interesting....

I took a bit of TKD in the Dallas area in the late '60's and then a little bit more in the mid-'70's..... got hurt both times and gave up as I got older..

Later the Kung Fu TV show came on and I loved Bruce Lee movies... but back "before" then I thought there was karate from Japan and from Korea and that was it.

Dojos were run similar to your story and I just thought later they were "immature" Texas copies of the real thing and didn't know any better.. It doesn't look like there's been any improvement over the decades tho.... I still think it's the low budget folks mainly..... and that most dojos are reputable ma studios... even here in Texas... an example is the Lopez'es here in Sugar Land with the Olympic golds - they have a rep here as a very classy outfit and family....

Pork Chop
08-17-2009, 12:37 PM
Saw this when TenTigers shared it on facebook.
the stomp at the end made me nauseous
as goofy as he was, he wasn't doing that bad at the beginning.
he just obviously didn't want any part of that confrontation
made the mistake of giving up in an attempt to placate the guy
d@mn near looked like he got brain damage for his trouble.

definitely curious to see the bullshido thread for the who, what, when, where, why
would like to see how yo would enjoy having his head getting kick started

uki
08-17-2009, 03:56 PM
i once was swinging around my 21lb iron bar, doing this and that and what not... i over compensated a two step circle and whacked myself in the temple with the bars tip. i am sure i have shared this experience before, but i instantly spaced out to it reading these posts - i never lost consciousness, fell down, or anything of the sort... i grabbed the railing of the deck and almost pulled it off and was spitting between clenched teeth. luck of the tiger, energy of a goats head. :)

KC Elbows
08-17-2009, 04:20 PM
Rules of the Dojo:

1) No gum in the dojo

2) I will speak only in a way that will make my dojo, my family, and my country proud.

3) I will keep my uniform clean.

4) I will never mention the time Instructor Dan and a new age spacey person got into a fight, and Instructor Dan couldn't win by technical skill, seasoned instincts, and control over the new age spacey person's made up style, so Instructor Dan mugged him by escalating the conflict to an innappropriate level..

5) I will make my dojo proud by my patience, courage, and forthrightness.

I'm sorry, but instructor dude's martial arts is horrible. He had to escalate it, because he was not able to handle it at the intensity HE set in the first place.

David Jamieson
08-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Rules of the Dojo:

1) No gum in the dojo

2) I will speak only in a way that will make my dojo, my family, and my country proud.

3) I will keep my uniform clean.

4) I will never mention the time Instructor Dan and a new age spacey person got into a fight, and Instructor Dan couldn't win by technical skill, seasoned instincts, and control over the new age spacey person's made up style, so Instructor Dan mugged him by escalating the conflict to an innappropriate level..

5) I will make my dojo proud by my patience, courage, and forthrightness.

I'm sorry, but instructor dude's martial arts is horrible. He had to escalate it, because he was not able to handle it at the intensity HE set in the first place.

he wasn't the instructor. he was the student that the instructor lent the dude to use as a uke by all looks.

yeah, the head stomp when the guy was down was admittedly a bit over the top.

But really, the idiot walked into his own awakening by way of being put to sleep.

I'm surprised how this kind of violence would put martial artists off.

I've been tooled like that, or pretty close to it before myself.

that's what happens when the lights go out.

accept it, or dance.

:)

uki
08-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Rules of the Dojo:rules are mean't to be broken.

1) No gum in the dojobut chewing gum exercises the jaw muscles to strengthen the bite.

2) I will speak only in a way that will make my dojo, my family, and my country proud.yet they say that pride kills... better to be lowly like water, sometimes there is stagnation and sometimes there are floods.

3) I will keep my uniform clean.i value used, stained, and dirty clothes because they are testament that i got sometihing done.

4) I will never mention the time Instructor Dan and a new age spacey person got into a fight, and Instructor Dan couldn't win by technical skill, seasoned instincts, and control over the new age spacey person's made up style, so Instructor Dan mugged him by escalating the conflict to an innappropriate level..a natural part of equalization... this is just one inflection of the reflection.

5) I will make my dojo proud by my patience, courage, and forthrightness.i will honor my dignity, my integrity, and my presentation of myself.

I'm sorry, but instructor dude's martial arts is horrible. He had to escalate it, because he was not able to handle it at the intensity HE set in the first place.pure aggression will consume the individual...

Xiao3 Meng4
08-17-2009, 04:39 PM
BullShido thread: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=88535

Scott R. Brown
08-17-2009, 04:45 PM
About 10 or 15 years ago I was set up in my old school by my own friends. It wasn't a death match or anything though. I was just visiting and they decided to grapple that night.

They set me up with a Judo guy (brown belt) who was HUGE. He was taller than me by about 4 inches and out weighed me by at least 50 pounds. Because of the number of people in the class we started on our knees which worked to my advantage.

The aside wink to each other was that this guy had never been choked out by anyone even the head instructor and his neck was so thick that they couldn't choke him out even when he allowed them to get the hold first without resistance.

I didn't know any of this at the time! The short story is I choked him out 4 times easily and quickly and in a few different ways. The Judo instructor's son was there and he kept yelling coaching tips to the guy, but none of them worked. Finally, in frustration, he asked to spar with me in order to demonstrate the "proper" way to do it, LOL!! I choked him out 3 or 4 times too, LOL!! He was SO pi$$ed by then, LOL!!:D

I didn't realize til later they had set me up with this guy. They were planning on laughing at me afterwards. The only way I put it together was in retrospect thinking about the background comments I heard. I thought it was a dirty trick to play on someone who is supposedly your friend. :mad:

I don't associate with them anymore!

Scott R. Brown
08-17-2009, 04:47 PM
he wasn't the instructor. he was the student that the instructor lent the dude to use as a uke by all looks.

yeah, the head stomp when the guy was down was admittedly a bit over the top.

But really, the idiot walked into his own awakening by way of being put to sleep.

accept it, or dance.

If the guy had been a regular everyday A-hole probably no one would care, but that guy was CLEARLY mentally deficient! You don't do that sort of thing to one who is mentally disadvantaged! It is cruel and heartless!

David Jamieson
08-17-2009, 05:24 PM
If the guy had been a regular everyday A-hole probably no one would care, but that guy was CLEARLY mentally deficient! You don't do that sort of thing to one who is mentally disadvantaged! It is cruel and heartless!

Those guys were karate guys. Not psychologists.

besides, a-holes are mentally deficient too. :)

Scott R. Brown
08-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Those guys were karate guys. Not psychologists.

besides, a-holes are mentally deficient too. :)

LOL!! Is that anything like, "I'm a DOCTOR, NOT a scientist!!!

If the regular joes here can tell the guy was mentally deficient, it should have been clear to those guys too!

I guess at that school they check their brains at the door!

In a court of law the Karate guys would clearly lose the case!

uki
08-17-2009, 05:33 PM
I guess at that school they check their brains at the door!anyone even remotely intelligent is turned away or beat up... afterall, its hard to intimidate an intelligent person who can think for themselves.

IronWeasel
08-17-2009, 05:38 PM
LOL!! Is that anything like, "I'm a DOCTOR, NOT a scientist!!!

"******, Jim! I'm a Retard, not a Karate guy!"

Scott R. Brown
08-17-2009, 05:41 PM
"******, jim! I'm a retard, not a karate guy!"

roflmao! :D:D

mickey
08-17-2009, 06:29 PM
Greetings,

When I first saw this clip it was without sound. I thought that this was so much like the scene in streetfighter between Tsurugi and the karate master. When I saw the same with sound, I quickly realized that the guy in the white gi and his sensei need to be taken off this planet. By the way, that was the worst karate that I have ever seen. The man was obviously set up before the camera started rolling. The law would be too good for these tumescent turds. I hope Jesus pays them a visit. I would love to see that.

mickey

Yum Cha
08-17-2009, 09:38 PM
I read the whole Bulshido thread, quick synopsis:

It appears to have happened in 1984, but just recently been posted on Youtube.

They know who the teacher is, and have several contacts - search for Bobby Joe Blythe.

They know who the fat blackbelt is, and have a few contacts.

The suggestion is that skinny victim is mentally unbalanced, and perhaps a local nuisance, but unidentified.

There is also an unsubstantiated suggestion that the local police/sheriff may have had students at the school, or family.

He's on facebook, youtube, etc, and copping a lot of flak from MA boards and individuals, to the point where he's taken down all his youtube vids, and is trying to clean up his tracks.

Basically, he appears to be a self-important wannabe karate guy from the 80s.

Pretty pathetic when a skinny nut case can nearly take out one of his blackbelts nearly twice his size....

Pork Chop
08-18-2009, 08:00 AM
accept it, or dance.

Err it's not the lights going out that i had a problem with so much as the stomping on the guy's head when it's propped up on a metal stand after he's already KOed.

that being said, i always thought the purpose of martial arts was to be able to safely walk away from an engagement, not to cause permanent brain damage to an already mentally handicapped person who clearly doesn't want to fight.

IronWeasel
08-18-2009, 08:05 AM
Err it's not the lights going out that i had a problem with so much as the stomping on the guy's head when it's propped up on a metal stand after he's already KOed.

that being said, i always thought the purpose of martial arts was to be able to safely walk away from an engagement, not to cause permanent brain damage to an already mentally handicapped person who clearly doesn't want to fight.

We should locate that school and pay them a visit.

One of us will show up each week, claiming the art of Jesus-Do, and whip the $hit out of that 'black belt'.

What would Jesus Do?

lkfmdc
08-18-2009, 08:17 AM
There are a few very disturbing things about this clip

1) Even if the guy had come in, challenged them, and thrown the first strike, the minute he says "wait", gestures a pause, expresses doubt MUCH LESS SAYS "YOU WON" you STOP, period

2) Even in a challenge, if the guy is unconscious, it's over, period

3) But the background story is even more troubling. The guy is apparently mentally ill and a homeless and hung around the area, but they LURED HIM INTO THE SCHOOL. Yeah, he didn't go in there to start trouble, they asked him to come in and show them what he did.

Then they threw the first blow

It's not only legally questionable, it's morally reprehensible

RD'S Alias - 1A
08-18-2009, 09:25 AM
I think I see fresh blood on the floor at the end. :mad:

David Jamieson
08-18-2009, 10:20 AM
well, I think some of us are making mighty leaps and assumptions.

why is everyone assuming he's mentally ill? Being stupid doesn't mean mentally ill and if it did, then, Ross, why did you let your guy beat on a mentally ill person? You say he wasn't but you assume this guy is.

Also, I thought the head stomp was over the top.

No context was given with this. It was: Guy comes in, mouths off, gets a beating, that's all.
We can rant and moan about how unrighteous this or that was but in truth, we don't have a clue about any of it and now it seems that people are just making stuff up to support their emotional reaction to the violence.

come on here, no one's ever kicked someone in the face and seen em bleed?
I've had my head kicked about soccer ball style, I recovered and as near as I can tell i have a lot less brain damage than the apparent fullness of it in posters all over ma forums. :rolleyes:

Besides, why would anyone be shocked that some MA-ists act like thugs? Lots of MA people act like thugs. Even when they come from "respected" lineages.

Guy took a beating. Too bad for him. End of story.

We don't need to embellish it beyond that. Ultimately it's just one more shock video thrown out there like dog crap for everyone to feast on.

So, who really is mentally ill? lol

lkfmdc
08-18-2009, 10:26 AM
tsk tsk tsk Jamieson, at it again? :rolleyes:

Read the bullshido thread, the guy in that video was homeless and mentally ill.

Now, the guy you are referring to has a graduate degree and a full time job, sucking at martial arts isn't a mental defect....

And if you can't see that stomping on the head of a guy who gave up AND is then unconscious... well, maybe the defect lies with you :rolleyes:

David Jamieson
08-18-2009, 10:34 AM
tsk tsk tsk Jamieson, at it again? :rolleyes:

Read the bullshido thread, the guy in that video was homeless and mentally ill.

Now, the guy you are referring to has a graduate degree and a full time job, sucking at martial arts isn't a mental defect....

And if you can't see that stomping on the head of a guy who gave up AND is then unconscious... well, maybe the defect lies with you :rolleyes:

because Bullshido is an authority on teh mentally ill right?

also, someone "saying" tehy have a graduate degree doesn't mean anything. Lot's of people bs about having degrees. lol

that guys myspace etc etc really paints him as some sort of tard, just saying. I don't see a huge difference between that guy and headstomp fodder.

and besides, I don't know how many times I need to type it before it gets through some of the thickness in here, but I THOUGHT THE HEAD STOMP WAS OVER THE TOP.

I don't have a problem with handing a beating to someone talking shyte ins someone elses dojo, homeless or not.

Being homeless doesn't = helpless.

Not saying the karate guys are angels, but who here is? lol

There's no context and a lot of assumption. And yeah, in my view some hypocrisy. lol

maybe the defect is mine. Maybe it's yours. Can't say really, it's just a clip.

IronWeasel
08-18-2009, 10:37 AM

If you read some of their posts, well...you just might come to that conclusion.

lkfmdc
08-18-2009, 10:42 AM

first of all, on the video he himself says he LEARNED MARTIAL ARTS FROM JESUS CHRIST :eek: Just saying that sort of stuff would indicate he's not all there, no :rolleyes:

But before the video got yanked by the karate dude, he talked about how the guy lived behind the strip mall, ate out of dumpsters, mumbled to himself and made pronouncements to passerbys, all good indications that he wasn't all there

I don't have a problem with handing a beating to someone talking shyte ins someone elses dojo, homeless or not.

accordin to the karate guy himself, THEY INVITED HIM IN, he didn't come in, they LURED HIM in....

sanjuro_ronin
08-18-2009, 11:04 AM
Well, according to the evidence:
Jesus-Fu = 0
Scumbag-Do = 1

Not very biblical at all :mad:

Lucas
08-18-2009, 11:07 AM
real Jesus-fu would just instantly convert them to your style.

that guy had no Jesus-fu, his lineage is false.

David Jamieson
08-18-2009, 11:16 AM
first of all, on the video he himself says he LEARNED MARTIAL ARTS FROM JESUS CHRIST :eek: Just saying that sort of stuff would indicate he's not all there, no :rolleyes:

But before the video got yanked by the karate dude, he talked about how the guy lived behind the strip mall, ate out of dumpsters, mumbled to himself and made pronouncements to passerbys, all good indications that he wasn't all there

accordin to the karate guy himself, THEY INVITED HIM IN, he didn't come in, they LURED HIM in....

are we watching the same clip?

a) there was no talk of living behind a mall

b) i heard him say "jesus is my master" but in context to the other guy calling him a master. He didn't say he learned from jesus did he? Just christian spew really.

c) there was nothing about luring him in.

so are we just making stuff up according to what we remember now? lol

face value of the clip?

a) dude is a bonehead

b) karate dude is overzealous

lkfmdc
08-18-2009, 11:22 AM
Karate dude initially had hosted it himself on youtube. ON his youtube page (with the video) he related the story about how the guy was homeless and talking about Jesus, etc

When bullshido started the thread, the karate guy took down his page. But others had copied it.

YES, he says he learned from Jesus, it's on the video, the sound is aweful but I found it...

Before teh karate guy yanked the video from his youtube page, he had said he lured the guy in

It's actualy talked about on the bullshido thread

monji112000
08-18-2009, 11:43 AM

why is everyone assuming he's mentally ill? Being stupid doesn't mean mentally ill and if it did, then, Ross, why did you let your guy beat on a mentally ill person? You say he wasn't but you assume this guy is.

No context was given with this. It was: Guy comes in, mouths off, gets a beating, that's all.
We can rant and moan about how unrighteous this or that was but in truth, we don't have a clue about any of it and now it seems that people are just making stuff up to support their emotional reaction to the violence.

I've had my head kicked about soccer ball style, I recovered and as near as I can tell i have a lot less brain damage than the apparent fullness of it in posters all over ma forums. :rolleyes:

Besides, why would anyone be shocked that some MA-ists act like thugs? Lots of MA people act like thugs. Even when they come from "respected" lineages.

We don't need to embellish it beyond that. Ultimately it's just one more shock video thrown out there like dog crap for everyone to feast on.

Unless the guy rapes children kicking him like that when he is out.. that ****ed up. If you can't tell he is mentally ill then ... not sure what to tell you but he is clearly not in this reality. People will mental illness may seem here, but they are not.. and taking advantage of them is pretty low. What next.. you going to start picking mentally retarded females , and raping them??

It clearly shows what type of person you are and what type of family you come from when you treat people who is disabled like that.
JMO. personally I wouldn't feel to bad about hitting the karate guy with my car:rolleyes: but thats just me.

David Jamieson
08-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Unless the guy rapes children kicking him like that when he is out.. that ****ed up. If you can't tell he is mentally ill then ... not sure what to tell you but he is clearly not in this reality. People will mental illness may see here, but they are not.. and taking advantage of them is pretty low. What next.. you going to start picking mentally retarded females , and raping them??

It clearly shows what type of person you are and what type of family you come from when you treat people who is disabled like that.
JMO. personally I wouldn't feel to bad about hitting the karate guy with my car:rolleyes: but thats just me.

you make a leap to raping retarded women and based on a clip from the internet you state you wouldn't mind if you hit the guy with your car?

wtf?

It's the friggin internet. Who here really cares? lol

monji112000
08-18-2009, 11:51 AM

you make a leap to raping retarded women and based on a clip from the internet you state you wouldn't mind if you hit the guy with your car?

wtf?

It's the friggin internet. Who here really cares? lol
your not that smart are you?:o

Iron_Eagle_76
08-18-2009, 11:58 AM
I have been following the thread on Bullshido, and it seems that the fat ass pcycho instructor is now posting over there, then again it could just be a troll. Nevertheless, I really hope this continues to spread so all the ass**holes involved are ruined, as least reputation and business wise. I also think it is hilarious that the black belt got knocked down and the crazy guy held his own. He was clearly not the aggresor and the black belt threw the groin kick first and initiated the fight, and the crazy guy clearly keeps saying stop throughout the fight. Anyway, it is a shame and certainly paints these individuals in a malicious and evil light, and anyone who says otherwise needs their head examined.

monji112000
08-18-2009, 12:20 PM
I have been following the thread on Bullshido, and it seems that the fat ass pcycho instructor is now posting over there, then again it could just be a troll. Nevertheless, I really hope this continues to spread so all the ass**holes involved are ruined, as least reputation and business wise. I also think it is hilarious that the black belt got knocked down and the crazy guy held his own. He was clearly not the aggresor and the black belt threw the groin kick first and initiated the fight, and the crazy guy clearly keeps saying stop throughout the fight. Anyway, it is a shame and certainly paints these individuals in a malicious and evil light, and anyone who says otherwise needs their head examined.
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106115
the guy's name is Bobby Joe Blythe , a Shindokan black belt and a marine.
If you see him please hit him with something hard when he isn't looking. I have to stop looking or I'll find his home address..

David Jamieson
08-18-2009, 12:40 PM
your not that smart are you?:o

stfu dude, just stfu already. :rolleyes:

monji112000
08-18-2009, 12:47 PM
stfu dude, just stfu already. :rolleyes:
:o
your big on the date rape pill aren't you?

Lucas
08-18-2009, 12:54 PM
just watched the vid, with no sound, but i think i got the just of it from all the postings.

first off, the 'crazy' guy, definately practiced what ever it is he does. his repetative movments were obviously ingrained to come into play under stress like that. he either had prior training he didnt disclose, or hes been putting in some time to at least be able to defend himself from a karate 'black belt'

he had flexability and speed. ive seen worse high kicks on supposed 'masters'

he held his own, until he lost of course.

the karate black belt he was fighting should be ashamed of himself, if i was a beggining student there i would personally have stepped in and stopped it, handed over my white belt and walked out the door. yes the teacher should have stepped in and stopped it, but more so i place blame on the black belt. he didnt deserve any status as a martial artist. first off he sucks, second off he doesnt know any thing about being a real man.

everything was fine till the head stop, which did produce fresh blood btw. i cant hear it so if he asked to stop the match prior, thats when it went wrong.

shameful

furthermore, the fact that the 'sensei' posted this recently, shows that he never learned or grew up in the past 30 years. hes a big fat loser. and im pretty sure he knows it.

i cant hear sound at work like i said, but living on the street and worshiping god doesnt necessarily mean you are crazy.

im not saying hes not, but he didnt LOOK like a totaly mental case. he was dressed relatively well, and conducted himself well. from a visual perspective.

sanjuro_ronin
08-18-2009, 12:56 PM
Well, I don't think there is a statute of limitations on assault, so I am sure that, if the background evidence is correct, that Sam Browning of Bullshido well do his best to get this individual prosectuted.

Lucas
08-18-2009, 12:59 PM
whos sam browning? is he someone that goes after a-holes like that?

sanjuro_ronin
08-18-2009, 01:06 PM
whos sam browning? is he someone that goes after a-holes like that?

Sam Browning is the Bullshido Lawyer ( there was another one too, I regret that I forget his name) and he lends his legal expertise to the site and its cause in fighting BS in the MA.
Things like fraud and like this cause of what seems to be clearly aggravated assault.
I may not always agree with what BS has done in the PAST, but they have some good and Sam has been instrumental in shedding some light on some faruds and such.
He's a good man if I recall correctly, at least I had no issue with him.

Lucas
08-18-2009, 01:16 PM
sounds good. i hope this is persued. that jerk deserves the proper attention.

cerebus
08-18-2009, 01:45 PM
David Jamieson,

I'm really surprised you can be so blase' about this. First, yes, according to what the instructor in the vid had originally written, the guy in black had been seen to act in a mentally disturbed manner around town. Also, yes, the instructor apparently asked the guy to come to his school and show them some of what he does.

The guy in black starts off by trying to suggest that he demonstrate some "kata", but the instructor and his black belt student clearly have other plans. Right away the black belt tries kicking the guy in the groin. The guy tries telling him to stop, but the black belt continues to attack. The guy in black tries placating his attacker, he tries giving up, he says specifically "I'm not a fighter", even so, he manages to use some clean techniques and defends himself decently, while trying continuously to talk the guy down and get him to stop attacking.

After rendering the guy unconscious, the black belt stomps on the guy's head at least twice that I saw, looking like he's really trying to kill the guy until other students seem to suggest that he stop.

To sum up: Mentally deficient guy gets invited to share his "Kung Fu" at local Karate dojo. Guy wants to demo a form, but Karate guys have their own plans. Karate guy attacks, and continues to attack in spite of pleas to stop. Karate guy knocks other guy out and tries to kill him by stomping his skull while the dudes head is on what looks like a hard surface.

Yeah, hey, what could possibly be wrong with that?

SoCo KungFu
08-18-2009, 02:55 PM
That's cool if the bullshido guys are on it...

aside from that, I totally forwarded that video to Nancy Grace :D

Lucas
08-18-2009, 03:31 PM
LOL

is it this Nancy Grace??

;):D

SoCo KungFu
08-18-2009, 03:58 PM
LOL

is it this Nancy Grace??

;):D

In the err...flesh... hahaha

Lucas
08-18-2009, 04:03 PM
hehe

i couldnt resist. hey, pitbulls are around for a reason right?

Scott R. Brown
08-18-2009, 05:16 PM

No but I am...I have worked with people just like him for years. He is obviously mentally deficient in some manner, either retarded, organic brain syndrome or psychosis. It is clear from the way he speaks, what he says and how he moves!

Yum Cha
08-18-2009, 05:25 PM
No but I am...I have worked with people just like him for years. He is obviously mentally deficient in some manner, either retarded, organic brain syndrome or psychosis. It is clear from the way he speaks, what he says and how he moves!

Not to mention the way he takes a shot to the groin....

David, first rule: when you are in a hole, stop digging.... Your brand collateral took a big hit on this thread. Being a hard man is one thing, but this ain't it.

Scott R. Brown
08-18-2009, 05:31 PM
Not to mention the way he takes a shot to the groin...

Totally true....I only watched the vid once, I haven't studied it very closely. It appears the kicks were off target, at least some of them are to the inner thigh if I am remembering correctly, but if he is taking shots to the groin and not flinching, we are talking severe psychosis, meaning scary crazy. If that is the case those karate fools are lucky he was a gentle soul. He could have torn them apart otherwise.

Not many people know this, but there are quite a few psychotics who believe they are ninjas, and other types of martial arts experts, so this guy is not that unusual.

Lucas
08-18-2009, 08:04 PM
after being able to hear him speak. it is pretty obvious something is up with him. maybe he took too many drugs in his days, or he was developmentally challenged, something.

although his body language and the way he moves as a sole indicator doesnt really show that.

id like to know what sort of care they took of him after he was stomped, and unconcious.

TenTigers
08-18-2009, 10:32 PM
He was trying to teach them something.
That guy kicked him in the nuts and the visitor responded relatively peacefully and tried to stop the fight.

maybe he did get his Black Belt from Jesus....

bawang
08-18-2009, 10:48 PM
while in the past the kung fu world wasnt for cowards and death was comon, this is the modern world we are living, with european tradition and laws, not ancient chinese

i disagree with dave jamison the guy doesnt deserve to be beat. first hes mentally retarded second he just wanted to demonstrate his jesus quan, even in the video he says he didnt want to fight, he wasnt challenging them

with people who have mental troubles or who have messed up ideas about martial arts, you shudnt beat them up , u shu try to hlep them. if you beat them they cry and never do martial arts again. and sometimes its better to let them stay in their dreams because it makes them happy

cerebus
08-18-2009, 11:29 PM
id like to know what sort of care they took of him after he was stomped, and unconcious.

In the full video, the instructor had his students drag the guy out the back door (leaving a trail of blood across the dojo floor, which the instructor was clearly proud of) and then had him thrown into a dumpster and left him there entirely unconcerned whether he lived or died. That's what kind of "care" they took of him. :mad:

taai gihk yahn
08-19-2009, 04:08 AM
lol, "Jesus Quan"...

Bawang for Grand Poobah!

David Jamieson
08-19-2009, 04:45 AM
lol.

a brand?

it's been interesting watching this thread spiral upwards into a completely convoluted lump.

People are projecting their emotions all over this thing.

Based on what is barely audible and what some other guy posted at youtube.
We even have people who are certain of his mental illness and can somehow diagnose that based on a clip.

a) i don't have a brand

b) i won't cast my emotions on this

c) its a shock vid of an a-hole beating up an idiot

d) the a-hole could've refrained from stomping his head and shown a litle control but didn't.

net result? who cares? it's done, it's over and there is absolutely zero anyone can do about it after the fact.

what are you gonna do guys? track down the a-hole and give him a piece of your mind? some of you know who he is, go do it, record it and continue the cycle i guess.

what are you gonna do for the guy many of you have labeled as mentally ill without actually any confirmation of that whatsoever? you gonna track him down , give him a band-aid and a sandwich or something?

wtf?

it's a shock vid. the end.
:rolleyes:

Iron_Eagle_76
08-19-2009, 05:14 AM
I don't know if this has been posted yet on this thread, but the names of the douchebags in that video are Bobby Joe Blythe, the fat instructor, and Willie J. Dennis, the black belt who beat the guy half to death (or maybe to death, from the looks of the aftermath). I do not always agree with Bullshido, but I have to say I support what they are doing 100 percent by trying to find out more info about this unfortunate incident.

BTW, Jameison, if you think this is just a shock video and that it means nothing, what does that say about you? This is a disgusting act by two deranged individuals who portray martial arts in a horrible light. Luring in a deranged guy and then stomping his head and then dragging him out with a trail of blood across the floor should make rational people sick. I, for one, hope these two answer for this crime and that the statute of limitations does not prevent justice from being served. I may be in the minority but I think it is possible they killed the guy and the police, who Blythe's daughter was apparantly married to one of the officers, covered the **** thing up. This sh*t just really ******es me off.

David Jamieson
08-19-2009, 06:17 AM
I don't know if this has been posted yet on this thread, but the names of the douchebags in that video are Bobby Joe Blythe, the fat instructor, and Willie J. Dennis, the black belt who beat the guy half to death (or maybe to death, from the looks of the aftermath). I do not always agree with Bullshido, but I have to say I support what they are doing 100 percent by trying to find out more info about this unfortunate incident.

BTW, Jameison, if you think this is just a shock video and that it means nothing, what does that say about you? This is a disgusting act by two deranged individuals who portray martial arts in a horrible light. Luring in a deranged guy and then stomping his head and then dragging him out with a trail of blood across the floor should make rational people sick. I, for one, hope these two answer for this crime and that the statute of limitations does not prevent justice from being served. I may be in the minority but I think it is possible they killed the guy and the police, who Blythe's daughter was apparantly married to one of the officers, covered the **** thing up. This sh*t just really ******es me off.

It's meant to p*** you off. So much so that it's got you looking at anyone and anything that conflicts with your view about it and validates your emtional response to attack that.

You don't even know me and it is clear you don't get where I'm coming from because you are overrun by your own feelings by viewing it.

When you understand that, then you can make comments about my point of view and what you think about me.

But as you and many others are coming across as emotional infants over something that happened 20 years ago to someone none of us know or really care about...well, I can't really comment on that.

But if you wanna be turds about it and attack anyone whose view conflicts with your own, then go ahead. I really and honestly don't care that you are mad about a meaningless internet clip of someone.

I don't care about the karate guys either.

meh. You guys need some zen in your lives.

Bunch of frickin posers if you ask me. Why don't you all go have a chamomile tea and meditate about it. :rolleyes:

lol

what p**ses me off is how quickly people are willing to put their heart on their sleeve and be all judgmental like they are some moral authority.

That's equally disgusting behaviour as far as I'm concerned.

But go ahead those of you with the weak knees and minds who want to now focus their frustration and anger elsewhere.

keep living your life like that. dragged around helplessly by your own emotional confusion. what a way to live.

cest la vie.

David Jamieson
08-19-2009, 06:21 AM
Also.

It is interesting reading peoples reactions to this.

I wonder if people would react the same to any clip that shows someone getting beat up no matter when it happened and with only a little information about the circumstances?

Is this really a rational reaction to the clip we've viewed?

what kind of commentary is really worthwhile here?

what kind of commentary is actually occuring and isn't it interesting how people are venting their own special brand of anger and hate after viewing that.

I find it interesting anyway.

TenTigers
08-19-2009, 06:31 AM
But as you and many others are coming across as emotional infants over something that happened 20 years ago to someone none of us know or really care about...

yeah, like the holocaust. Get over it, ya panzies!

TenTigers
08-19-2009, 07:16 AM
It doesn't take a Gahndi to see this.

TenTigers
08-19-2009, 07:19 AM
what intrigues me more, is people who get noticably upset at others' for having compassion-to the point of having to say something about it.
That, to me is facinating.

sanjuro_ronin
08-19-2009, 07:21 AM
This video didn't show me anything that was shocking or whatnot, I've seen worse in challenge matches and worse in "set ups".
If they guy had mental issues that is truly bad, but at the same time, IF he had WON the fight, what would people be saying right now?
It was a horrid display on the part of the Sensei and BB, no doubt and charges should, if possible, be placed and this individual should be exposed for all to see.

KC Elbows
08-19-2009, 07:21 AM
I don't know if the jesus-do guy is clinically troubled or just new agey, but I do know his attacker had to escalate the situation to not look bad. Says a lot about the teacher, and the student. Talentless windbags who will do anything to prevent their egos from getting hurt, including mugging a harmless dude. I've known more than enough guys who bragged about using their martial arts to beat down some "idiot" only to later discover that they essentially turned friendly sparring into a full on fight in order to win, but didn't win by any skill.

As for insanity, which is less sane, a homeless guy who rambles on to himself and poses no threat to anyone, or an egomaniac who has no fighting skill, but will seriously hurt through any means anyone who threatens to expose that? Which is less sane, a Jesus freak who would rather leave himself in harms way than be part of violence, or a freak who, at a rank where he should be well over this, gets p1ssed at his opponent when he himself doesn't perform well?

What really gets me is that they were proud of footage that showed them to be fairly ineffectual against an opponent who was not trying to do them any harm.

In fairness, DJ is only playing Devil's advocate in order to turn this into higher profits from his "Head Stomps Gone Wild" video.

Iron_Eagle_76
08-19-2009, 07:26 AM
Also.

It is interesting reading peoples reactions to this.

I wonder if people would react the same to any clip that shows someone getting beat up no matter when it happened and with only a little information about the circumstances?

Is this really a rational reaction to the clip we've viewed?

what kind of commentary is really worthwhile here?

what kind of commentary is actually occuring and isn't it interesting how people are venting their own special brand of anger and hate after viewing that.

I find it interesting anyway.

What I find disgusting is that fact that you say not to be judgemental to two douchebags who beat a guy half to death, post a video about it 25 years later simply to brag about what they did, and then question the rationality of people getting upset about it. That is disturbing, and proves what a tool you really are. How would you like these guys teaching your kids, or anyone's kids for that matter. You have the right to your opinion, just as I do. But do not sit here and whine because you take up for these jerks and people get offended and oppose it.

David Jamieson
08-19-2009, 07:52 AM
yeah, like the holocaust. Get over it, ya panzies!

dude...

David Jamieson
08-19-2009, 07:53 AM
What I find disgusting is that fact that you say not to be judgemental to two douchebags who beat a guy half to death, post a video about it 25 years later simply to brag about what they did, and then question the rationality of people getting upset about it. That is disturbing, and proves what a tool you really are. How would you like these guys teaching your kids, or anyone's kids for that matter. You have the right to your opinion, just as I do. But do not sit here and whine because you take up for these jerks and people get offended and oppose it.

I get it, you're angry and you have your opinion and that's that.

whatever dude. learn to read ok?

kthxbye.

David Jamieson
08-19-2009, 07:59 AM
*snip*
In fairness, DJ is only playing Devil's advocate in order to turn this into higher profits from his "Head Stomps Gone Wild" video.

that's volume 2, volume 1 is about how to soccer kick a 1 year old for fun and profit.

Scott R. Brown
08-19-2009, 08:06 AM
lol.

a brand?

it's been interesting watching this thread spiral upwards into a completely convoluted lump.

People are projecting their emotions all over this thing.

Based on what is barely audible and what some other guy posted at youtube.
We even have people who are certain of his mental illness and can somehow diagnose that based on a clip.

a) i don't have a brand

b) i won't cast my emotions on this

c) its a shock vid of an a-hole beating up an idiot

d) the a-hole could've refrained from stomping his head and shown a litle control but didn't.

net result? who cares? it's done, it's over and there is absolutely zero anyone can do about it after the fact.

what are you gonna do guys? track down the a-hole and give him a piece of your mind? some of you know who he is, go do it, record it and continue the cycle i guess.

what are you gonna do for the guy many of you have labeled as mentally ill without actually any confirmation of that whatsoever? you gonna track him down , give him a band-aid and a sandwich or something?

wtf?

it's a shock vid. the end.
:rolleyes:

Then why are you wasting your time slumming with us lesser beings?

You are clearly on another one of your "holier than thou" megalomaniacal rants!

How about you just go back to gazing at yourself in the mirror and marveling at how wonderful you think you are!

RD'S Alias - 1A
08-19-2009, 08:09 AM

Reply]
It certianly does look like he killed the guy. either way, it was a brutal beating, and the guy needs jail time. I would not be suprised if the body was found, and the investigation never went to the Karate school, but was focused on the local drug scene instead.

RD'S Alias - 1A
08-19-2009, 08:11 AM
In the full video, the instructor had his students drag the guy out the back door (leaving a trail of blood across the dojo floor, which the instructor was clearly proud of) and then had him thrown into a dumpster and left him there entirely unconcerned whether he lived or died. That's what kind of "care" they took of him. :mad:

Reply]
Is the full video avalaible?

Iron_Eagle_76
08-19-2009, 08:35 AM
Here is the link to Bullshido with the full tape with improved audio:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=88535&page=23

You may need to scroll down the page to find it.

Also, another video of how ethical this instructor is:

http://s812.photobucket.com/albums/zz43/littleoldme_2009/?action=view&current=video11.flv

RD'S Alias - 1A
08-19-2009, 08:35 AM
How someone can look at this and not be horrified is beyond me. Discovering that there is footage of the man being dragged accross the floor to the dumpster is even more horrifiying.

David Jamison, you are a total tool for even THINKING the things you have spoken about those upset about this. What is wrong with you?

Scott R. Brown
08-19-2009, 08:46 AM
How someone can look at this and not be horrified is beyond me. Discovering that there is footage of the man being dragged accross the floor to the dumpster is even more horrifiying.

David Jamison, you are a total tool for even THINKING the things you have spoken about those upset about this. What is wrong with you?

You know David...every time his boyfriend stops giving it to him up the butt, he gets all upset and acts like this! When he doesn't get it he starts getting delusions of grandeur and thinks he is the only one on the planet with a brain!

His personality disorder won't allow him to see how foolish he is behaving!

Once he puts on his "little princess" outfit and waggles his butt in front of his "friend" he'll get the attention he needs and then he will calm down a bit.

sanjuro_ronin
08-19-2009, 08:46 AM
One can't even begin to understand what goes through the minds of people like this...
Heck, I've thrown my share of guys into a dumpster or stuffed them under a car while bouncing and they did something to freaking stupid that they deserved it, BUT even then we made sure that SOMEONE was there to get them out and even at times called an ambulance for them.
**** happens and people can get carried away, but there is NO EXCUSE for what happens AFTER the violence is over.

David Jamieson
08-19-2009, 09:01 AM
wow scott, you are a truly ****ed up individual.

lol

I'd go as far as to say there are few people on this thread that are probably more mentally challenged than they purport what's his nuts there to be.

you who can't grasp objective reality, get your head checked. :rolleyes:

solo1
08-19-2009, 09:10 AM
That my dear friends was vile. i can't imagaine an instructor of any system of any level allowing that to take place in thier kwoon. The guy getting owned was clearly not a practioner of anything and may have been just out of his mind. I m going to wait on eating lunch, very disturbing.

cerebus
08-19-2009, 10:44 AM
David, could you possibly be a little more condescending? I'm not angry at you and I'm not trying to dispute your right to your opinion, I'm just surprised by it.

I for one am happy that this video came out and that people are outraged. It shows that most people haven't become that desensitized to such things. I'm not in any way shocked by "violence" per se'. It's actually the larger aspect of the whole thing that bothers me.

Having spent some time looking into the background of the video and been shown some things which the instructor in the vid had written, it's clear that the instructor at least BELIEVED that the man he lured into his school on the pretext of teaching his students some kung fu (which is what the instructor implied he had done before his Youtube account was taken down), but with the full intention of causing serious injury or death, was mentally deficient. But regardless of that, a person was lured somewhere on false pretenses, attacked, beaten and left for dead in a dumpster. The instructor responsible continues to feel proud of the event, so much so that he shared the vid with the world to show us all how awesome he is.

The incident was hidden and the instructor and the black belt went on to become somewhat well-known in their own circles with the instructor being written about by People magazine and featured on at least one TV program for his "Security/ Bodyguard Company". The black belt went on to teach many students and is seemingly the same person who has been traced to Florida and has a long list of aggravated assaults on his criminal record.

As they say here in the US, "Karma's a b1tch". I think it's only right that the public know about this, feel outraged about it, and at the very least make the individuals responsible feel at least a little less comfortable about what they did.

Oh, and one of this instructor's top students apparently works with the developmentally disabled and those with mild mental retardation, according to his website. Who knows what else is continuing to happen and be covered up to this day? Maybe we should take the "Oh well, nothing we can do" attitude and sweep it all under the rug? No, I'd rather not...

David Jamieson
08-19-2009, 11:23 AM
*snip* Maybe we should take the "Oh well, nothing we can do" attitude and sweep it all under the rug? No, I'd rather not...

really? so what are you going to do about this then?

and the rest of you?

beside whinging about what a terrible people teh karate idiots are, what is it you intend to do about any of this besides crying what terrible peorpl they are and what a terrible person I am for not buying into that chant.

my bottom line was, so what, it's done. The headstomp was over the top.

It GOES WITHOUT SAYING that there is something not right about what happened, but now, it seems everyone is a psychiatrist and a psychologist and from a few lines of bragging and a minute or two of clip, well now they're all experts on mental health.

sr raises a great point in his query of what if the guy had won against the blackbelt and done the same thing?

it's all neither here nor there. it is an old out of context clip and a pile of people accusing people of all sorts of things, the perps and victim included.

I just find a few of you to be stupider than I thought you were last week. lol

You may think I'm crueler.

so what.

Lucas
08-19-2009, 11:43 AM
wow. drug him out back and threw him in a dumpster huh? they could have at least drug him to the curb and called an ambulance.

it looked like his skull was possibly opened, at the last head stomp you see fresh blood coming out from under is head, but its not coming from eyes or nose. maybe his ear, but i doubt it. he just may have died if he got no medical attention and was just thrown in a dumpster.

the upside? if he did die, he got to meet his master sooner rather than later.

cerebus
08-19-2009, 01:32 PM
really? so what are you going to do about this then?

and the rest of you?

beside whinging about what a terrible people teh karate idiots are, what is it you intend to do about any of this besides crying what terrible peorpl they are and what a terrible person I am for not buying into that chant.

my bottom line was, so what, it's done. The headstomp was over the top.

It GOES WITHOUT SAYING that there is something not right about what happened, but now, it seems everyone is a psychiatrist and a psychologist and from a few lines of bragging and a minute or two of clip, well now they're all experts on mental health.

sr raises a great point in his query of what if the guy had won against the blackbelt and done the same thing?

it's all neither here nor there. it is an old out of context clip and a pile of people accusing people of all sorts of things, the perps and victim included.

I just find a few of you to be stupider than I thought you were last week. lol

You may think I'm crueler.

so what.

:confused: Did you actually read anything other than that last piece of what I posted? Judging by your response, I'd guess not...

David Jamieson
08-19-2009, 01:46 PM
:confused: Did you actually read anything other than that last piece of what I posted? Judging by your response, I'd guess not...

Yes, I read what you posted.

Here's what I'm surprised about. You say I'm entitled to my opinion and yet everything that comes after that more or less outlines that you don't actually believe I'm entitled to my opinion at all.

You, and others here have redirected your anger about the clip towards me.

I see this as peoples frustration with not being able to do anything about any of it.

I merely accepted early on that there was not a dang thing that could be done and have spent the rest of the thread reading platitudes about how martial arts should have better characters in it and that guy doesn't deserve to be called a martial artists and how disgusted by violence everyone is and so on and so forth.

wtf does anyone think martial arts is?

I'm not saying the film is an upstanding example of anything. I did say the headstomp was over the top. Heck, when that crazy japanese shooto guy was beating his students with a stick, I thought he was a jerk too, but moreso, his students are idiots for putting up with him. lol

some of you people are overreacting and being condescending to me because I won't join you in your chants of "lynch the karate guy" is hypocritical.

It's my opinion still that dude was an idiot for going there lured or not. I don't think he was necessarily mentally ill and no one, not a single one of you or anyone else has actually shown anything that makes it clear he's mentally ill.

All this assumption. I'm more surprised with peoples crocodile tears.

Has any of you even learned the guys name?

meh. I don't ask for or expect anything from any of you. Please refrain from projecting your crap onto me. thanks. :)

Lucas
08-19-2009, 01:49 PM
**** it dj, now where am i supposed to fling this steaming pile i have here in my hand

:mad: <--- do you see that mad face?

TenTigers
08-19-2009, 02:17 PM
the mentally deficient guys name was David Jameson...Oooohh, you meant the other guy... ohh. I get it.
As far as your comment being that it's done and water under the bridge? Well, hense my comment about the holocaust. You follow?
Yes. It is in the past.
No, it is not something that should be forgotten and swept under the rug, or looked upon lightly.
Atrocities are just that-atrocious, and should be recognized.
It doesn't make us bleeding hearts for having the compassion to be appalled.
Nor does it make us stupid.
You, on the other hand, are a different story.

but, that being said, when do your vids come out?

cerebus
08-19-2009, 02:30 PM
Yes, I read what you posted.

Here's what I'm surprised about. You say I'm entitled to my opinion and yet everything that comes after that more or less outlines that you don't actually believe I'm entitled to my opinion at all.

You, and others here have redirected your anger about the clip towards me.

I see this as peoples frustration with not being able to do anything about any of it.

I merely accepted early on that there was not a dang thing that could be done and have spent the rest of the thread reading platitudes about how martial arts should have better characters in it and that guy doesn't deserve to be called a martial artists and how disgusted by violence everyone is and so on and so forth.

wtf does anyone think martial arts is?

I'm not saying the film is an upstanding example of anything. I did say the headstomp was over the top. Heck, when that crazy japanese shooto guy was beating his students with a stick, I thought he was a jerk too, but moreso, his students are idiots for putting up with him. lol

some of you people are overreacting and being condescending to me because I won't join you in your chants of "lynch the karate guy" is hypocritical.

It's my opinion still that dude was an idiot for going there lured or not. I don't think he was necessarily mentally ill and no one, not a single one of you or anyone else has actually shown anything that makes it clear he's mentally ill.

All this assumption. I'm more surprised with peoples crocodile tears.

Has any of you even learned the guys name?

meh. I don't ask for or expect anything from any of you. Please refrain from projecting your crap onto me. thanks. :)

No, actually almost everything that I wrote in that post outlines why I hold the opinion that I do (since you seemed not to comprehend). It was not a commentary on you or your opinion, and certainly never said you weren't entitled to feel whatever you wish.

I'm not directing any of my anger about the clip at you. What I'm directing at you is sarcasm about how condescending you're trying to be, writing as if you are so superior because of your lack of compassion for another human being (you can try to spin it any way you like, but that's what it is). If that's what superiority is like, I'm happy to remain my own fallible, emotional, human self. Thank you for your concern.

As for people being able to do anything about it, I addressed that in the post which you claim to have read.

WTF does anyone think MA is? A systematized method of close combat developed and taught for self defense. What do you think is?

As for the head stomp being over the top.... yeah... but the whole thing was over the top.

Do I personally know the victim's name? No, unfortunately I don't have the resources to find that out, but there are people out there looking into it. There is information being uncovered that you're apparently not aware of. On the instructor's Youtube page, before it was removed, he stated that the victim was a known "crazy" (to use his term) in town, and last he had heard about him was that he was in a psychiatric facility.

I'm not projecting any crap onto you. If you feel you have crap on you, it's only coming from yourself.

David Jamieson
08-19-2009, 02:46 PM
No, actually almost everything that I wrote in that post outlines why I hold the opinion that I do (since you seemed not to comprehend). It was not a commentary on you or your opinion, and certainly never said you weren't entitled to feel whatever you wish.

I'm not directing any of my anger about the clip at you. What I'm directing at you is sarcasm about how condescending you're trying to be, writing as if you are so superior because of your lack of compassion for another human being (you can try to spin it any way you like, but that's what it is). If that's what superiority is like, I'm happy to remain my own fallible, emotional, human self. Thank you for your concern.

As for people being able to do anything about it, I addressed that in the post which you claim to have read.

WTF does anyone think MA is? A systematized method of close combat developed and taught for self defense. What do you think is?

As for the head stomp being over the top.... yeah... but the whole thing was over the top.

Do I personally know the victim's name? No, unfortunately I don't have the resources to find that out, but there are people out there looking into it. There is information being uncovered that you're apparently not aware of. On the instructor's Youtube page, before it was removed, he stated that the victim was a known "crazy" (to use his term) in town, and last he had heard about him was that he was in a psychiatric facility.

I'm not projecting any crap onto you. If you feel you have crap on you, it's only coming from yourself.

bzzzt.

lol

dude, you follow almost every post i put up with "im surprised at you" etc etc.

you don't even know me! :eek:

why are you surprised? why is your outlook on life better? because you say so?

meh.

diego
08-19-2009, 02:50 PM
My older bro used to kick my ass last time we argtued i lost it and when he fell i gave him the boot until he froze and then i stopped...watching this video made me feel ashamed...I'd dummy him agian but with grappling, that was some low level **** and the big guy is a t w a t...the jesus guy kept striking making the big guy flinch and then the big guy actually slipped and fell..the jesus guy one...the big guy slipped him when he was off gaurd...jesus boy had pretty good self awareness from self defense drills...all in all the actions played in this topic is some devil **** and it make me want to go muslem out of shame being around such *******s on this stolen land

rip Pocahantis...don't haunt us:cool:

diego
08-19-2009, 02:53 PM
David, could you possibly be a little more condescending? I'm not angry at you and I'm not trying to dispute your right to your opinion, I'm just surprised by it.

I for one am happy that this video came out and that people are outraged. It shows that most people haven't become that desensitized to such things. I'm not in any way shocked by "violence" per se'. It's actually the larger aspect of the whole thing that bothers me.

Having spent some time looking into the background of the video and been shown some things which the instructor in the vid had written, it's clear that the instructor at least BELIEVED that the man he lured into his school on the pretext of teaching his students some kung fu (which is what the instructor implied he had done before his Youtube account was taken down), but with the full intention of causing serious injury or death, was mentally deficient. But regardless of that, a person was lured somewhere on false pretenses, attacked, beaten and left for dead in a dumpster. The instructor responsible continues to feel proud of the event, so much so that he shared the vid with the world to show us all how awesome he is.

The incident was hidden and the instructor and the black belt went on to become somewhat well-known in their own circles with the instructor being written about by People magazine and featured on at least one TV program for his "Security/ Bodyguard Company". The black belt went on to teach many students and is seemingly the same person who has been traced to Florida and has a long list of aggravated assaults on his criminal record.

As they say here in the US, "Karma's a b1tch". I think it's only right that the public know about this, feel outraged about it, and at the very least make the individuals responsible feel at least a little less comfortable about what they did.

Oh, and one of this instructor's top students apparently works with the developmentally disabled and those with mild mental retardation, according to his website. Who knows what else is continuing to happen and be covered up to this day? Maybe we should take the "Oh well, nothing we can do" attitude and sweep it all under the rug? No, I'd rather not...

what's the date on this and where is the jesus guy now?.

Yum Cha
08-19-2009, 03:01 PM
I beg to differ.....

This internet outrage has had an impact.....

From my reading of the bullshido thread, there are several other online groups that are outraged as well, and the result is a rising level of harassment of the individuals involved, to the point that they have taken down their youtube and facebook sites, had their ebay activities messed with, even harassed at home on the phone and threatened.

Its an interesting exercise in mob mentality online crossing over into the meat works.

This is our new culture, there are ways to stand up and say, this is wrong, and point the finger. The fact that these guys may have lost a couple of nights sleep over this is reward enough for their 'big noting' on line about smashing up some dude 20 years ago.

What's most important though is that other martial artists, ones with weaker senses of right and wrong, get a good illustration of the difference between trained discipline and loose thuggery.

The difference between a bleeding heart and a moral compass is not rocket science...

cerebus
08-19-2009, 03:04 PM
bzzzt.

lol

dude, you follow almost every post i put up with "im surprised at you" etc etc.

you don't even know me! :eek:

why are you surprised? why is your outlook on life better? because you say so?

meh.

Really? Where in the post which you quoted did I say I was surprised at you? I may have felt surprise initially because, as you pointed out, I don't know you and I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I am however coming learn more about the kind of person you are, so now I am not surprised at you any longer.

Why are humanity, compassion, and other such traits a "better" outlook on life? Because they often lead to greater positive impact on society and better lives for the individuals in that society.

And no, I certainly wasn't the first person to decide that these traits are "better" than callousness, coldness and such. Much better people than myself have proclaimed them to be "better" throughout history.

KC Elbows
08-19-2009, 03:33 PM
I think one of the points David is attempting to make is that anyone who has been in martial arts for more than a few years has known the lame head stomping dude. Which is 100% correct. I've seen him in good and bad schools, and unfortunately, have seen very few teachers or students who did what had to be done and sent him packing.

Many martial arts schools, both mma and tma, are antagonistic toward different practitioners. They are essentially run by people with qualifications slightly less than a plumber who will do anything to make it seem like they have a physicist's qualifications, which sometimes means beating up nobodies, which sometimes turns into almost losing to nobodies, at which point they become angry and threatened and respond in an over the top manner. Even worse when what they do always has to be the best, but, because they can't be seen struggling ever against anyone, they can't train with equals.

In short, I think a part of David's argument is that, as much as posting our rage feels good, it does not equate to actual morality in the face of the problem. Given that many forum members readily accommodate online bullying...:D

Of course, this may not be David's argument at all, but merely me trying to fan the flames

Scott R. Brown
08-19-2009, 08:51 PM
wow scott, you are a truly ****ed up individual.

lol

I'd go as far as to say there are few people on this thread that are probably more mentally challenged than they purport what's his nuts there to be.

you who can't grasp objective reality, get your head checked. :rolleyes:

LOL!! Nice one David....as usual your transference is kicking in when you are revealed to be the narcissist you truly are!!:eek:

You ARE what you accuse others to be!

The next time you happen to be gazing at your marvelous countenance in the mirror, try looking past your fantasy to see your true face! Everyone here can see it but you!.....A word of advice.....be sure to have a puke bag handy...you'll need it!

I know...I know....all you can see is a puckered hole, try looking at your other face and make some words come out of THAT hole... no one is interested in your flatus!

Scott R. Brown
08-19-2009, 08:57 PM
I think one of the points David is attempting to make is...

Hi KC Elbows,

I applaud your attempt to make ice cream out of sh!t....but David is a socially challenged narcissist, with delusions of his own grandeur. He is a self glorified troll and nothing more!

He is off his sausage suppository right now and he gets cranky when that happens!

He has probably just run off another boyfriend and he is lonely and depressed. Once he manipulates another boy toy into his bed he will calm down again!

Scott R. Brown
08-19-2009, 09:03 PM
The difference between a bleeding heart and a moral compass is not rocket science...

It is to the self righteous!

JackNate
08-19-2009, 10:18 PM
After watching this I'd be careful if an aquiantance asks me to come down and see their class. Wouldn't want to unknowingly be on the evenings card as "challenger"

David Jamieson
08-20-2009, 04:56 AM
LOL!! Nice one David....as usual your transference is kicking in when you are revealed to be the narcissist you truly are!!:eek:

You ARE what you accuse others to be!

The next time you happen to be gazing at your marvelous countenance in the mirror, try looking past your fantasy to see your true face! Everyone here can see it but you!.....A word of advice.....be sure to have a puke bag handy...you'll need it!

I know...I know....all you can see is a puckered hole, try looking at your other face and make some words come out of THAT hole... no one is interested in your flatus!

dude, you wrote a h0m0phobic rant and now you wanna spin it?

like i said scott, you are one fu(ked up individual. lol

David Jamieson
08-20-2009, 04:59 AM
Hi KC Elbows,

I applaud your attempt to make ice cream out of sh!t....but David is a socially challenged narcissist, with delusions of his own grandeur. He is a self glorified troll and nothing more!

He is off his sausage suppository right now and he gets cranky when that happens!

He has probably just run off another boyfriend and he is lonely and depressed. Once he manipulates another boy toy into his bed he will calm down again!

?? you are really a weirdo man. lol this stuff is gold! holy crap.

omfgwtfbbq! material.

sanjuro_ronin
08-20-2009, 05:35 AM
I think one of the points David is attempting to make is that anyone who has been in martial arts for more than a few years has known the lame head stomping dude. Which is 100% correct. I've seen him in good and bad schools, and unfortunately, have seen very few teachers or students who did what had to be done and sent him packing.

Many martial arts schools, both mma and tma, are antagonistic toward different practitioners. They are essentially run by people with qualifications slightly less than a plumber who will do anything to make it seem like they have a physicist's qualifications, which sometimes means beating up nobodies, which sometimes turns into almost losing to nobodies, at which point they become angry and threatened and respond in an over the top manner. Even worse when what they do always has to be the best, but, because they can't be seen struggling ever against anyone, they can't train with equals.

In short, I think a part of David's argument is that, as much as posting our rage feels good, it does not equate to actual morality in the face of the problem. Given that many forum members readily accommodate online bullying...:D

Of course, this may not be David's argument at all, but merely me trying to fan the flames

A valid point and well made.
Was I revolted by what I saw? Yes.
Shocked? No.
Surprised that it happened in a MA environment? Nope.
I have seen worse and even worse set-ups than that.

David Jamieson
08-20-2009, 08:25 AM
You know David...every time his boyfriend stops giving it to him up the butt, he gets all upset and acts like this! When he doesn't get it he starts getting delusions of grandeur and thinks he is the only one on the planet with a brain!

His personality disorder won't allow him to see how foolish he is behaving!

Once he puts on his "little princess" outfit and waggles his butt in front of his "friend" he'll get the attention he needs and then he will calm down a bit.

your debating skills are...

nonexistent? lol

wow.

Scott R. Brown
08-20-2009, 08:38 AM
dude, you wrote a h0m0phobic rant and now you wanna spin it?

like i said scott, you are one fu(ked up individual. lol

LOL!!

Still reinterpreting reality to fit your fantasies I see!

It was a "David's A Fool" rant, you dolt!!

All your posts on this thread reflect your own fantasy life...so I just gave some some back ground for the other readers so they would understand why you don't make any reasonable sense!

You get on your PMS rants and soon stop making sense. I was explaining why you are PMS-ing! That's all!

If you are h0mophobic, don't put that off on me like you do all your other neuroses and psychoses!

Scott R. Brown
08-20-2009, 08:40 AM
?? you are really a weirdo man. lol this stuff is gold! holy crap.

omfgwtfbbq! material.

Maybe so, but it got to you didn't it, LOL!!! You are a tool, a fool and a troll!

David Jamieson
08-20-2009, 08:42 AM
Maybe so, but it got to you didn't it, LOL!!! You are a tool, a fool and a troll!

ok there dude. lol

I'm just pointing out that...I think you are losing your mind?

You don't seriously think that what you've been blowing onto the pages here is rational do you?

really?

cause that's just messed up. :)

hope you find your peace.

Scott R. Brown
08-20-2009, 08:59 AM
ok there dude. lol

I'm just pointing out that...I think you are losing your mind?

You don't seriously think that what you've been blowing onto the pages here is rational do you?

really?

cause that's just messed up. :)

hope you find your peace.

That is your problem David...you cannot distinguish between a rational argument, an opinion, and a plain old everyday insult!

I have made no attempt at rational argument here, only opinion and insult! The opinion is one that is generally held by SANE and RATIONAL people as evidenced by the consensus opinion of others on this thread. Your nutty psycho-analysis of the NON-EXISTENT "emotional" reaction of others on this thread reflects your self absorption!

The insults, while somewhat graphic, are pretty clever I must say, and you deserve everyone one of them!

That is why you are a dolt, a troll and a narcissist. In your mind everything revolves around you, You, YOU... and THAT reflects your narcissism!

David Jamieson
08-20-2009, 10:01 AM
That is your problem David...you cannot distinguish between a rational argument, an opinion, and a plain old everyday insult!

I have made no attempt at rational argument here, only opinion and insult! The opinion is one that is generally held by SANE and RATIONAL people as evidenced by the consensus opinion of others on this thread. Your nutty psycho-analysis of the NON-EXISTENT "emotional" reaction of others on this thread reflects your self absorption!

The insults, while somewhat graphic, are pretty clever I must say, and you deserve everyone one of them!

That is why you are a dolt, a troll and a narcissist. In your mind everything revolves around you, You, YOU... and THAT reflects your narcissism!

alright then... :confused:

carry on. lol

SoCo KungFu
08-20-2009, 10:58 AM
A valid point and well made.
Was I revolted by what I saw? Yes.
Shocked? No.
Surprised that it happened in a MA environment? Nope.
I have seen worse and even worse set-ups than that.

So I'm not shocked when somebody gets shot. Am I revolted by it? Yes. Shocked? No, not anymore.

Does that make it ok? Should I not take means (within safety, obviously) to make sure said gunman gets caught before shooting someone else?

This isn't about what's shocking. That's what the guy with the camera wants, but that's not what its about. Its about right and wrong. Its wrong to curb stomp a guy that wasn't a threat to you in any way. It wrong to drop em nose down in a dumpster. Its wrong to post a video about it to gloat over your "triumph."

Does it matter that worse happens? Does it matter that some of us have seen worse? Does it matter that some of us have possibly done worse? No..hell no. It matters that something has happened and something should be done.

That's what it means to be part of your community. Isn't that what good martial artists are supposed to do? That's the difference between "civilians" and "citizens." Civilians just sit around letting everyone else do all the work for them, after all it doesn't matter what you do right? They're all wasting their time right? :mad: Citizens take part; it doesn't take a soldier, cop or politician to make your community, state or country a better place. Granted there's not a lot most people can do about this situation. But even if its just passing a note to someone who knows someone who might help. That's better than sitting on your ass letting everyone else do it for you.

You know, its when people become so desensitized that they simply don't care, that's when you know **** is real ****ed up.

Iron_Eagle_76
08-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Apparently now on Bullshido they are saying someone posting on NHB gear is claming to be Dennis's (the black belt) kid and said the victim came in and threatened the children in the class. Most over there are of the opinion that it is a troll due to things obviously not adding up. For example, if you watch the video, for the first few minutes Blythe is seen talking and giving a background on who the victim is and who trained him. He seems pretty calm for a guy who came in threatening children, considering the footage it doesn't seem like he threatened anyone or anything except for Blythe and Dennis's ego. It would seem this poster is most likely a troll, fueling fire to all the websites that have clinged to the story. Also, someone forwarded the information to the local police department where this happened and supposedly it is the talk of the department, so hopefully something will come of this.

BTW, Jameison, you are still a tool. Anyone who hijacks a thread like this simply to hear themself spew narcissistic garbage like you have needs to get out more, get laid, find some friends, or get a life. In your case, it is probably all of the above.

sanjuro_ronin
08-20-2009, 11:56 AM
So I'm not shocked when somebody gets shot. Am I revolted by it? Yes. Shocked? No, not anymore.

Does that make it ok? Should I not take means (within safety, obviously) to make sure said gunman gets caught before shooting someone else?

This isn't about what's shocking. That's what the guy with the camera wants, but that's not what its about. Its about right and wrong. Its wrong to curb stomp a guy that wasn't a threat to you in any way. It wrong to drop em nose down in a dumpster. Its wrong to post a video about it to gloat over your "triumph."

Does it matter that worse happens? Does it matter that some of us have seen worse? Does it matter that some of us have possibly done worse? No..hell no. It matters that something has happened and something should be done.

That's what it means to be part of your community. Isn't that what good martial artists are supposed to do? That's the difference between "civilians" and "citizens." Civilians just sit around letting everyone else do all the work for them, after all it doesn't matter what you do right? They're all wasting their time right? :mad: Citizens take part; it doesn't take a soldier, cop or politician to make your community, state or country a better place. Granted there's not a lot most people can do about this situation. But even if its just passing a note to someone who knows someone who might help. That's better than sitting on your ass letting everyone else do it for you.

You know, its when people become so desensitized that they simply don't care, that's when you know **** is real ****ed up.

Your point is valid and your concern is genuine and commendable.
It may come a as a shock to you that some of us have dealt with this type of crap before and perhaps are a tad "tainted" for we don't view MA as people of "high moral fibre", so when something like this happens or comes to light, we are not surprised and perhaps even (wrongly) numb to it.
I understand your rant, even if it was directed at me and is quite a bit off.
Some of us have done more than our share to fight "injustice" and "right wrongs", sometimes with dire consequences.
So, tell me, what are YOU doing about it?
Honest question with no animosity whatsoever.

David Jamieson
08-20-2009, 12:21 PM
What do you mean "what are you doing about it"?

They are calling me evil and venting away. That's what they DO about these things. lol

Lucas
08-20-2009, 12:35 PM
wait...you arent evil?

David Jamieson
08-20-2009, 12:40 PM
wait...you arent evil?

Not on wednesdays or fridays, no.

so, today, ok, ya got me there, but tomorrow, it's all about the water walking and feeding the poor man!

Lucas
08-20-2009, 01:12 PM
Well thats good, because wednesdays and fridays are mine!

man i always forget how weird the day wednesday is spelled until i have to spell it.

TenTigers
08-20-2009, 01:34 PM
Hey, I never called you evil.
That would be hurtful , malicious, and wrong.
You're demented, not evil.

SoCo KungFu
08-20-2009, 01:36 PM
Your point is valid and your concern is genuine and commendable.
It may come a as a shock to you that some of us have dealt with this type of crap before and perhaps are a tad "tainted" for we don't view MA as people of "high moral fibre", so when something like this happens or comes to light, we are not surprised and perhaps even (wrongly) numb to it.
I understand your rant, even if it was directed at me and is quite a bit off.
Some of us have done more than our share to fight "injustice" and "right wrongs", sometimes with dire consequences.
So, tell me, what are YOU doing about it?
Honest question with no animosity whatsoever.

I'm ranting in general not some at you or any one specific person. High moral fiber? Granted I was being sarcastic with the whole good martial artist line, which is hard to pull from a few typed words. That's my fault. That said, its not really about some naive ideal of the good MA or whatever. Its a matter of simply right and wrong and if you as a person will accept it or not. I haven't in the past and don't now. I've had my own consequences but that's for me to decide what risks I'm willing to take for morality in the situation.

As to me?

Spoke to CrimeStoppers and the Police. CS just said speak to police and police said they were already looking into the matter (when it was posted here I didn't know Bullshido was already knee high in the issue already and had police on it) and did the standard "if we have further questions we'll give you a call line."

And forwarded it all to my 1st Sgt. and OSI. I may or may not have to do a statement this weekend when I go in for duty. If he's a marine vet military legal "may" care to look at it if he was on status at the time. That's up for them to decide, though UCMJ penalty is separate from civilian so getting one doesn't exclude him from the other.

I'm not going to go calling to harass some scared wife or stalk his kids like some of the people are doing. And I'm not going to drive to VA with my hot glue and flour trying to play CSI and take 20 y/o fingerprints. But I am doing the best thing I can do in the current situation. Which is direct it to authorities that would like to know and then staying out of the way of people with more resources than my own, who are already much deeper in the matter than I can be.

Scott R. Brown
08-20-2009, 05:03 PM
alright then... :confused:

carry on. lol

As I always have....without your permission!:p

Scott R. Brown
08-20-2009, 05:20 PM
Apparently now on Bullshido they are saying someone posting on NHB gear is claming to be Dennis's (the black belt) kid and said the victim came in and threatened the children in the class. Most over there are of the opinion that it is a troll due to things obviously not adding up. For example, if you watch the video, for the first few minutes Blythe is seen talking and giving a background on who the victim is and who trained him. He seems pretty calm for a guy who came in threatening children, considering the footage it doesn't seem like he threatened anyone or anything except for Blythe and Dennis's ego. It would seem this poster is most likely a troll, fueling fire to all the websites that have clinged to the story. Also, someone forwarded the information to the local police department where this happened and supposedly it is the talk of the department, so hopefully something will come of this.

EVEN if he REALLY did threaten the children, an adult calls the police and files a report. The police then talk to the guy, give him a stern warning, tell him they will be keeping an eye on the school and him and then maybe escort him out of the area. Then you keep an eye on the children you are responsible for, just as you should be doing anyway!

There was nothing in the clip that indicated he was a direct threat. Even when he was attacked he did not react with anger or any hostile behavior!

If that guy is not a troll he has learned pretty well from the poor example of his instructors!

Cervik316
08-20-2009, 06:05 PM
This vid is one of the worst things I have ever seen...and I only watched the first couple minutes- couldn't finish it. I have read accounts of what happened and the only consolation is that the rest of the internet is in an uproar over this and everybody knows who these guys are and what they did.

I really hope that guy recovered.

Scott R. Brown
08-20-2009, 06:35 PM
This vid is one of the worst things I have ever seen...and I only watched the first couple minutes- couldn't finish it. I have read accounts of what happened and the only consolation is that the rest of the internet is in an uproar over this and everybody knows who these guys are and what they did.

I really hope that guy recovered.

Hi Cervik316,

Welcome to the BB. Did you know you bear an uncanny resemblance to Rodney Dangerfield?:eek:

sanjuro_ronin
08-21-2009, 05:42 AM
I'm ranting in general not some at you or any one specific person. High moral fiber? Granted I was being sarcastic with the whole good martial artist line, which is hard to pull from a few typed words. That's my fault. That said, its not really about some naive ideal of the good MA or whatever. Its a matter of simply right and wrong and if you as a person will accept it or not. I haven't in the past and don't now. I've had my own consequences but that's for me to decide what risks I'm willing to take for morality in the situation.

As to me?

Spoke to CrimeStoppers and the Police. CS just said speak to police and police said they were already looking into the matter (when it was posted here I didn't know Bullshido was already knee high in the issue already and had police on it) and did the standard "if we have further questions we'll give you a call line."

And forwarded it all to my 1st Sgt. and OSI. I may or may not have to do a statement this weekend when I go in for duty. If he's a marine vet military legal "may" care to look at it if he was on status at the time. That's up for them to decide, though UCMJ penalty is separate from civilian so getting one doesn't exclude him from the other.

I'm not going to go calling to harass some scared wife or stalk his kids like some of the people are doing. And I'm not going to drive to VA with my hot glue and flour trying to play CSI and take 20 y/o fingerprints. But I am doing the best thing I can do in the current situation. Which is direct it to authorities that would like to know and then staying out of the way of people with more resources than my own, who are already much deeper in the matter than I can be.

Well done.
We had something similar happen many years ago in Toronto, it never got any press either.
Not to go into too much detail, but suffice to say that the individulas in question picked on the wrong person and paid a hefty price.
The homeless person they decided to beat on with their "superior" MA skills was an "aquaintence" of some local bouncers, someone that liked and when they saw him beaten and bruised they found out who did it and fixed their little red wagons.
What goes around, comes around, always.
Have no doubts.

diego
08-22-2009, 01:20 AM
http://www.kmph.com/Global/story.asp?S=10973483

it just made fox news a few hours ago, lmao...i just read the bullshido thread yesterday and today, ran a search on bobby and fox news popped up with the update lol...gotta love Bill gates...why is it that we don't hear aboutr Iran any more...too much news makes everything seem like tv, we forget about it a week later...interesting phenomena this world wide web...

But we don't, and with good reason. To parse caffeine along gender lines does not do justice to its capacity to insinuate itself into every aspect of our lives, not merely to influence culture but even to create it. Take coffee's reputation as the "thinker's" drink. This dates from eighteenth-century Europe, where coffeehouses played a major role in the egalitarian, inclusionary spirit that was then sweeping the continent. They sprang up first in London, so alarming Charles II that in 1676 he tried to ban them. It didn't work. By 1700, there were hundreds of coffeehouses in London, their subversive spirit best captured by a couplet from a comedy of the period: "In a coffeehouse just now among the rabble / I bluntly asked, which is the treason table." The movement then spread to Paris, and by the end of the eighteenth century coffeehouses numbered in the hundreds--most famously, the Café de la Régence, near the Palais Royal, which counted among its customers Robespierre, Napoleon, Voltaire, Victor Hugo, Théophile Gautier, Rousseau, and the Duke of Richelieu. Previously, when men had gathered together to talk in public places, they had done so in bars, which drew from specific socioeconomic niches and, because of the alcohol they served, created a specific kind of talk. The new coffeehouses, by contrast, drew from many different classes and trades, and they served a stimulant, not a depressant. "It is not extravagant to claim that it was in these gathering spots that the art of conversation became the basis of a new literary style and that a new ideal of general education in letters was born," Weinberg and Bealer write.

http://www.gladwell.com/2001/2001_07_30_a_java.htm

i wonder what type of new age this WWW will bring with new insights and easy access to make dynamite:eek: strange thing this modern technology:D

Scott R. Brown
08-22-2009, 09:37 AM
http://www.kmph.com/global/story.asp?s=10973483

it just made fox news a few hours ago, lmao...i just read the bullshido thread yesterday and today, ran a search on bobby and fox news popped up with the update lol...gotta love bill gates...why is it that we don't hear aboutr iran any more...too much news makes everything seem like tv, we forget about it a week later...interesting phenomena this world wide web...

http://www.gladwell.com/2001/2001_07_30_a_java.htm

i wonder what type of new age this www will bring with new insights and easy access to make dynamite:eek: Strange thing this modern technology:d

INTERNET BULLETIN BOARD COUCH POTATOES OF THE WORLD, UNITE!!!:eek::D

It is a good thing David's view that it is all "much ado about nothing" and that there is no evidence that poor man was mentally challenged was not the common sentiment! Perhaps in some small way justice will be served for this poor unfortunate person!

Once again, David is demonstrated for the tool he his! I will presently refrain from any further graphic insults!

cerebus
08-22-2009, 10:01 AM
In the end, the whole issue of the victim's mental state, "martial arts morality", whether he lived or died, shouldn't even affect whether or not people are upset about the vid.

A man with neither intention nor desire to fight was lured somewhere on false pretenses and viciously beaten into unconsciousness, then treated like so much dead meat and dragged out to a dumpster. Period. Even if he WASN'T mentally impaired, even if the people involved were NOT martial artists, and even if the guy lived, it is no less disgusting. People jumping on those points to make it seem like "Oh well, it wasn't that bad" are just ridiculous and desperately trying to avoid the issue altogether...

cerebus
08-22-2009, 10:02 AM
And I'm glad it FINALLY made it onto the mainstream news channels (took long enough...)

taai gihk yahn
08-22-2009, 10:46 AM
And I'm glad it FINALLY made it onto the mainstream news channels (took long enough...)

and it's actually a pretty good news report (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wObjWdQBeA4); all I can say is props to the guys at Bullshido for their internet activism!

David Jamieson
08-23-2009, 03:45 AM
You think that was a good report with it's speculation and assumption?

Now people are all frothing in the mouth about the guys death. I guess that theory will go away when they find the dude. If they bother. Mostly, the news just wants to broadcast the video and like a bunch of other people here, eat their bon bons, drink their fizzy drinks and spout their holier than thou platitudes to make themselves feel better for being whatever it is they think they are.

If the guy gets charged, I'll be surprised.
I won't be surprised when they find the other dude.

And stupid things happen in MA schools all the time. You think MA produces high morals? I'll tell you that it is more likely to empower idiots for the most part.

Scott R. Brown
08-23-2009, 04:09 AM
Now people are all frothing in the mouth....

When AREN'T YOU "frothing in the mouth" David? All you do is froth....

spout their holier than thou platitudes to make themselves feel better for being whatever it is they think they are.

Talking to your reflection in the mirror again I see?

I will too, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be investigated!

And stupid things happen in MA schools all the time.

I agree with you there, but then again stupid things happen everywhere all the time too, so MA schools aren't anything special!

You think MA produces high morals? I'll tell you that it is more likely to empower idiots for the most part.

True again!

Hmmm, hell seems to hath frozen over, Scot_ agrees with David thrice in one post!:eek:

I better go get my heart pills!

taai gihk yahn
08-23-2009, 04:17 AM
You think that was a good report
I said that it was "pretty good"; meaning that it could have been much more sensationalized as these sorts of things often are

with it's speculation and assumption?
about what, specifically, did it speculate and assume?

Now people are all frothing in the mouth about the guys death.
where does it state definitively in the report that he is dead? or are you talking about in general on the net?

I guess that theory will go away when they find the dude. If they bother.
the sheriff in the report indicated that they would have to look through missing person reports, so the implication is that they will make some attempt to do so;

Mostly, the news just wants to broadcast the video and like a bunch of other people here, eat their bon bons, drink their fizzy drinks and spout their holier than thou platitudes to make themselves feel better for being whatever it is they think they are.
I don't know about anyone else (and don't really care) but to me it was a straight forward case of beating a man clearly unable to defend himself; meaning that I am not saying anything about Jesus-man's mental state, his reasons for being in the dojo, his ability to fight, etc.; but once he was clearly no longer able to defend himself, he continued to be pounded on, and was then dragged out the back of the school while bleeding: I don't think that one needs to get on a moral high horse or feel self-righteous to point out that this warrants prosecution should the law still provide for it, or at the least, allows consumers to have a full sense of the sort of person to whom they are paying money for MA instruction;

it will probably depend on political pressure relative to perceived public "outrage"

I won't be surprised when they find the other dude.
that's interesting, as above you expressed doubt that they would even bother trying to find him; anyway, I think the Bullshido sniffers are trying to do just that; no one over there seems to think the guy was killed;

And stupid things happen in MA schools all the time.
like anywhere; this was not only stupid though, it was malicious

You think MA produces high morals?
not intrinsically; but some schools purport to teach them; or was that a rhetorical question?

I'll tell you that it is more likely to empower idiots for the most part.
just like internet forums apparently do as well...

Scott R. Brown
08-23-2009, 04:24 AM
I'll tell you that it is more likely to empower idiots for the most part.

just like internet forums apparently do as well...

....cuts like a knife....and your too late.....you give love a bad name....:p

Sal Canzonieri
08-26-2009, 09:36 PM

What immature babies that school is, from the head person on down!
What kind of person would attack a person who was not trying to fight, someone not mentally stable, and then go off on him like he was doing some grand ultimate thing. That black belt guy wasn't even good enough to take the guy out quickly and easily, it was a big long dragged example of Crap, not karate or any martial art.
That was just pure garbage on every level, all I saw here was pure cowardice.
I sure hope that someone press charges against this morons.
The rest of the students should ask for their money back, since that black belt couldn't even beat up a defenseless person without tremendous effort. Lousy!
The mentally unstable guy was more sensible than him, the only reason he got bested was because he tried to diffuse the guy's anger, but the person was so immature and cowardly that he took advantage of a person that wasn't even fighting back! I spit on that whole school.

Sal Canzonieri
08-26-2009, 09:50 PM
There are a few very disturbing things about this clip

1) Even if the guy had come in, challenged them, and thrown the first strike, the minute he says "wait", gestures a pause, expresses doubt MUCH LESS SAYS "YOU WON" you STOP, period

2) Even in a challenge, if the guy is unconscious, it's over, period

3) But the background story is even more troubling. The guy is apparently mentally ill and a homeless and hung around the area, but they LURED HIM INTO THE SCHOOL. Yeah, he didn't go in there to start trouble, they asked him to come in and show them what he did.

Then they threw the first blow

It's not only legally questionable, it's morally reprehensible

Plus, the guy never even said he was challenging them. He just said he wanted to show them some of his karate learning.
They could of said 'no thanks and you have to leave now'.
He was starting to show them his kata, as he said, and then the acehole just kicks him in the groin, for no real reason. Obviously that was okay with the head guy.

I've had people come and challenge me at a class, I quickly and painlessly put them down on the ground, and they give up, no fighting. They saw that i was in control enough to take them down without having to hurt them at all, in fact even gentlemanly. I had no need to beat them up, it is immoral and illegal.

Scott R. Brown
08-26-2009, 11:54 PM
Amen!