PDA

View Full Version : San Shou in Ohio

LynyrdSkynyrd
08-15-2009, 08:52 PM
Does anyone know of any upcoming sanshou tournies in ohio? I havent had a fight since last october and am coming off a injury and am hoping to jump back in the ring, but I don't know about any fights.

Iron_Eagle_76
08-20-2009, 12:10 PM
There used to be a tournament held in Akron in October that held San Shou fights, but I don't know if it is still going on or not. Also, there is the Great Lakes tournament in Euclid (right outside Cleveland) but it is usually held in April so that is a ways off. Hope that helps.

IronWeasel
08-20-2009, 02:20 PM
There used to be a tournament held in Akron in October that held San Shou fights, but I don't know if it is still going on or not. Also, there is the Great Lakes tournament in Euclid (right outside Cleveland) but it is usually held in April so that is a ways off. Hope that helps.

October 3rd & 4th

http://www.internationalwarrior.com/index.html

LynyrdSkynyrd
08-20-2009, 02:35 PM
thank you both

IronWeasel
08-20-2009, 04:08 PM
thank you both

See you there.

IronWeasel
10-02-2009, 09:06 AM
Tomorrow morning.

Bumpity....

LynyrdSkynyrd
10-07-2009, 12:21 PM
Thanks
yeah i went to the tournament and won my fight after comletely dominating
thankfully I had a good return to the ring

IronWeasel
10-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Thanks
yeah i went to the tournament and won my fight after comletely dominating
thankfully I had a good return to the ring

Awesome!

We were all told the wrong dates and times...no one got to compete.

It'll be tough to get our guys to go back to that tourney again.

LynyrdSkynyrd
10-08-2009, 04:13 PM
I'm sorry to hear that
Where are you and your guys from?

IronWeasel
10-08-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm sorry to hear that
Where are you and your guys from?

We're from Ho Chun in Akron. How about you?

LynyrdSkynyrd
10-08-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm an akronite myself. I've done some wing chun as an early teen, but my favorite martial arts experience and the one where I learned the most was from my time at Wu-tang. I've also trained with Scott Sheeley and went around trying out different gyms and schools. Do you have san-shou fighters? Also, how much to train in shuai chiao? I've always been interested in it and my stepdad used to be a Chicoine student in the 80's.

IronWeasel
10-09-2009, 07:33 PM
I'm an akronite myself. I've done some wing chun as an early teen, but my favorite martial arts experience and the one where I learned the most was from my time at Wu-tang. I've also trained with Scott Sheeley and went around trying out different gyms and schools. Do you have san-shou fighters? Also, how much to train in shuai chiao? I've always been interested in it and my stepdad used to be a Chicoine student in the 80's.

School dues are $80 a month. They usually want to see you take a year of hardstyle before you begin the Shuai Chiao, but people with previous experience have jumped right in.

LynyrdSkynyrd
10-09-2009, 07:41 PM
**** I wish I had that much money to spend a month, but at the moment I don't