PDA

View Full Version : Question about forms...

Sunyang
08-19-2009, 06:42 AM
Dear friends, i search the forum for some answers but I don't found nothing....
This thread could be attached to my thread about the manuscript....

It's possible that most of the Choy Lay Fut forms come to Chan Koon Pak, Chan Yu Chi, and other 3th generation master?
Because in my opinion it's to hard for one men (Chan Heung) codify a lot of forms in one life...otherwise, could be, that the majority of the Choy Lay Fut forms come to the three Chan Heung Master?
Wich is your opinion?
No flame please....I'm try to understand about one of my fovourite Kung Fu style....:cool:
SY

hskwarrior
08-19-2009, 06:58 AM
It's possible that most of the Choy Lay Fut forms come to Chan Koon Pak, Chan Yu Chi, and other 3th generation master?

no, i would say Chan Heung created a number of forms, but even from the Chan Family perspective, during Chan Heung's time, other disciple created forms and they were shared amongst other schools so students can pick up newer forms. and, yes, chan koon pak and Chan Yiu Chi most probably added in new forms as well.

It's ridiculous to believe that Chan Heung created every chan family form they have.

Sunyang
08-19-2009, 07:07 AM
It's ridiculous to believe that Chan Heung created every chan family form they have.

I agree with you but a lot of people say this...

SY

extrajoseph
08-19-2009, 07:31 AM
Dear friends, i search the forum for some answers but I don't found nothing....
This thread could be attached to my thread about the manuscript....

Because in my opinion it's to hard for one men (Chan Heung) codify a lot of forms in one life...otherwise, could be, that the majority of the Choy Lay Fut forms come to the three Chan Heung Master?
Wich is your opinion?
No flame please....I'm try to understand about one of my fovourite Kung Fu style....:cool:
SY

Read this from Chen Yong Fa and you will get an idea some of the forms created by each of the later generations of the Chan family. No one ever said Chan Heung created all 200 or so forms by himself right from the beginning, but most records are kept and written down and they are the works of 5 generations Chan Heung's descendants. We can be sure that Jeung Ah-Yim also have created his own forms while teaching in Futsan, but they are still CLF in essence as passed down from Chan Heung.

http://choyleefut.org/history

Forms can be made up by anyone at any time, but if it is a CLF form, then one can tell it straight away because they all share the same seeds and the same principles.

Sunyang
08-19-2009, 07:47 AM
Read this from Chen Yong Fa and you will get an idea some of the forms created by each of the later generations of the Chan family. No one ever said Chan Heung created all 200 or so forms by himself right from the beginning, but most records are kept and written down and they are the works of 5 generations Chan Heung's descendants. We can be sure that Jeung Ah-Yim also have created his own forms while teaching in Futsan, but they are still CLF in essence as passed down from Chan Heung.

Forms can be made up by anyone at any time, but if it is a CLF form, then one can tell it straight away because they all share the same seeds and the same principles.

Thank you soo much!!!
Very interesting...
In Italy there's a school of a Doc Fai Wong sifu student that say only two or three forms have been added after Chan Heung....all the rest come from the founder that put together all that he had learned from its three masters....
I've soo confused....
Were is the trouth?

SY

extrajoseph
08-19-2009, 08:10 AM
Hello friends,
I've a question, wich are the differents about this manuscript http://www.chinachoyleefut.com/clf.php?cmd=4571dfd30e682
And Sifu Doc Fai Wong old manual?
http://www.plumblossom.net/PhotoAlbum/JiangMenScripts/ (From Jiangmen or King Mui)
They are all by Chan Heung or from is soon and grand soon? (Koon Pak and Yu Chi)

Peace!

SY

The first lot of photos showed manuscripts passed down from a King Mui elder called Chen Hua-Can (1916-1998), who sorted them out and re-written them down from the material available in King Mui in the 1880s.

Doc Fai's manuscripts as shown came from the Jiangmen branch. Seeing Koon Pak taught for sometime in Jiangmen, I would presume they would be similar to each other but written down by different hands, and by the look of them they would have been re-written only recently.

They did not have photocopiers then, so only the trust disciples were allowed to hand copy the originals from the Chan family archive for their own use and that way they got passed down. Even now, only the immediate family has access to the original, so to have given a photocopy of a hand written one from either Koon Pak or Yiu Chi would have been a great honor.

Out of the five generations, Koon Pak and Yiu Chi (second and third generation) put most of the forms together and recorded them meticulously for the future generations and for their family.

The Italian student of DFW is not in a position to make a judgement because he would not have an intimate knowledge of the family and the manuscripts, read Chen Yong-Fa and the chinachoyleefut webpage, they are the direct descendants of Chan Heung.

Sunyang
08-19-2009, 08:14 AM

Do you know something about how many and wich forms come from Lay Yay San, how and wich come from Chan Yuen Woo and Choy Fok?

SY

p.s very interesting page about Chan Yong Fa website

CLFNole
08-19-2009, 08:15 AM
You would think given technology that they would video all the sets and keep them. This is something my sifu and some of my kung fu brothers did to keep a log of all the forms we have in our school. Plus it is good to look at from time to time.

extrajoseph
08-19-2009, 08:25 AM
Do you know something about how many and wich forms come from Lay Yay San, how and wich come from Chan Yuen Woo and Choy Fok?

SY

p.s very interesting page about Chan Yong Fa website

Chan Heung integrated their teachings right from the beginning so it is all mixed up to make the unique CLF flavor. I would say CHoy Fook would have the most influence as he was the last teacher and Chan Heung studied with him the longest.

Sunyang
08-19-2009, 08:27 AM
You would think given technology that they would video all the sets and keep them. This is something my sifu and some of my kung fu brothers did to keep a log of all the forms we have in our school. Plus it is good to look at from time to time.

I understand!!
Thank you :)
SY

extrajoseph
08-19-2009, 08:27 AM

Good suggestion and I am sure they will do that eventually, or may be they have already started doing them. We will see.

hskwarrior
08-19-2009, 08:43 AM
CHoy Fook would have the most influence as he was the last teacher and Chan Heung studied with him the longest

:D that's EXACTLY what we say about CHING CHO and Jeung Hung Sing!!!!:D

extrajoseph
08-19-2009, 09:10 AM
:D that's EXACTLY what we say about CHING CHO and Jeung Hung Sing!!!!:D

Except Ching Cho is just a fragment of your imagination.

hskwarrior
08-19-2009, 09:19 AM
Except Ching Cho is just a fragment of your imagination.

except when it comes to Choy Fook right? i'm still waiting for you to tell me what you saw in the chan family archives.......but i know you won't.....you're all ****s n vinegar.

extrajoseph
08-19-2009, 09:24 AM
Your choice of language leaves a lot to be desired.:(

hskwarrior
08-19-2009, 09:27 AM
Your choice of language leaves a lot to be desired.

get over it old man ;):p:D

hskwarrior
08-19-2009, 09:30 AM
****s n vinegar

p1ss n vinegar offends you? :confused:

extrajoseph
08-19-2009, 09:30 AM
Well I can always learn from the younger generation, GO F**K Urself!;):rolleyes::cool::o:D

Ben Gash
08-19-2009, 09:37 AM
p1ss n vinegar offends you? :confused:

I'm more concerned that you've used the phrase completely in the wrong context :rolleyes:

hskwarrior
08-19-2009, 09:40 AM
GO F**K Urself!

THAT'S IT OLD MAN!!!!!!!

Say it again......must feel real good to let loose like that huh?

hskwarrior
08-19-2009, 09:41 AM
I'm more concerned that you've used the phrase completely in the wrong context

hey man, this is getting kinda wierd......you're following me around.....stalking me.......SECURITY!!!!!!!

Ben Gash
08-19-2009, 09:47 AM
Wow, you're right, I've posted on a Choy Li Fut thread, what are the chances? :rolleyes:

hskwarrior
08-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Wow, you're right, I've posted on a Choy Li Fut thread, what are the chances?

no.....hahahahaha you're stalking me.

extrajoseph
08-19-2009, 10:44 AM
THAT'S IT OLD MAN!!!!!!!

Say it again......must feel real good to let loose like that huh?

Yeah it did feel good, thanks to the young man from Buck Sing Gwoon.

Do you really want me to say it again?

hskwarrior
08-19-2009, 11:44 AM
Say it loud!!!! Come on old man.....let it out.

but jeung hung sing is still the co-founder to clf!!!!!

extrajoseph
08-19-2009, 01:16 PM
GO F**K Urself!

There, I let it all out!:eek::rolleyes::p;):D

hskwarrior
08-19-2009, 01:17 PM
good.....now go to bed old man.......its passed your bedtime.

GO F**K Urself!

you too okay...bubaye!!!!

extrajoseph
08-19-2009, 01:23 PM
Nay, it's too early, I think I'll hang out with a few gangsters.:D

hskwarrior
08-19-2009, 01:24 PM
hey don't let us corrupt the corrupted!!!!

extrajoseph
08-19-2009, 02:07 PM
I am too old to be corrupted, I just like to hang out with a few gangsters to make me feel important, you know what I mean.:cool:

hskwarrior
08-19-2009, 02:16 PM
I am too old to be corrupted, I just like to hang out with a few gangsters to make me feel important, you know what I mean.

all old dogs can learn new tricks.....don't you watch the dog whisperor?

extrajoseph
08-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Cesar Millan is a Sicilian with a third leg too?:eek:

hskwarrior
08-19-2009, 02:21 PM
hey he just might!!!!