PDA

View Full Version : Why was my thread deleted?

peterbe
08-20-2009, 02:49 PM
A couple of hours ago I posted a post about my new website called KungFuPeople.com (http://kungfupeople.com/) and now it's gone!?!?

Could the administrator/moderator who deleted it please at least let me know why.

uki
08-20-2009, 03:11 PM
its all part of that martial arts competition... you bring to the table a new avenue of discussion, you might draw away traffic, which would perhaps decrease revenues and attendance - stifle the marketting competition... you need to be subtle about it... have a link in your signature or something. :p

peterbe
08-20-2009, 03:27 PM
Ok. I'll try to be more subtle.

My site is not a magazine and it doesn't sell equipment or anything like that. It is a new and different thing and it doesn't have a forum or any other social network features that would compete with the forum.

Let's hope it can stay this time :)

Yum Cha
08-20-2009, 03:32 PM
cool, once you get up and running let me know, I'll drop in and promote this forum for people who might find our content interesting...all in the spirit, eh mate?

Xiao3 Meng4
08-20-2009, 04:02 PM
Hey, cool idea. Will you be making a google earth plugin?

peterbe
08-20-2009, 04:07 PM
Google Earth? Yes that's a good idea. I know how to make one but right now there's a whole bunch of other cool features we want to implement (but still keeping it simple of course).

Lucas
08-21-2009, 12:55 PM
i had left a response on the original thread, ill re create it here:

I like the site, its a good idea.

a couple of thoughts i had and things i noticed.

These may be things you have already thought of.

The map at some point may be convoluted or clustered once you have a large base of users due to the size of the locator icons.

on the home page, the C and the S in styles and clubs added is cut off.

also when on my profile, it shows the closest people to me as being in, australia, china, tokyo, denmark and south africa.

continentally speaking this is misleading as im in the USA. this may just be a mile indicator by google maps. I dont know how that works, but im surely closer to the people in my own country. this may correct itself when people in my region begin to sign up.

anyhow the site looks nice.

Crushing Step
08-21-2009, 01:02 PM
It's terrible forum ettiquette to make your very first post an advertisement. Get in, know some people, you may be better accepted. That's my two cents anyway.

GeneChing
08-21-2009, 01:48 PM
...but I back whichever of our mods did.

Not only is it "terrible forum ettiquette to make your very first post an advertisement", is even worse when your second post is complaining about your advertisement being deleted. I sincerely wish you well with your website project, but if you're going to play on the web, it's best to learn those unwritten laws of webtiquette first, don't you think? :rolleyes:

peterbe
08-21-2009, 02:12 PM
I'm sorry Crushing Step and GeneChing. My bad. I didn't see it as advertisement since it's not a business app. It's just a related site for like-minded. Admittedly I should I hung around a bit first but I was so eager to get some feedback on my site.

taai gihk yahn
08-21-2009, 02:21 PM
and lo, the Gene didst speaketh, and with his wisdom both terrible and just, didst he chastise with but the tiniest of floggings, yea, like onto the feel of a q-tip 'pon the morning dew, the newbie, who, in his contritness, didst admit his fault and repent for his blunder; and Gene, ever-merciful, didst lift him up, dust him off, ruffled his hair, gave him some nacho-cheese and sent him off to play in the main forum at his own peril, knowing full-well the dangers that lurked for the unsuspecting newb...

...here endeth the lesson

Skip J.
08-21-2009, 02:50 PM
and lo, the Gene didst speaketh, and with his wisdom both terrible and just, didst he chastise with but the tiniest of floggings, yea, like onto the feel of a q-tip 'pon the morning dew, the newbie, who, in his contritness, didst admit his fault and repent for his blunder; and Gene, ever-merciful, didst lift him up, dust him off, ruffled his hair, gave him some nacho-cheese and sent him off to play in the main forum at his own peril, knowing full-well the dangers that lurked for the unsuspecting newb...

...here endeth the lesson

I about fell outta my chair when I read that.... excellent! just excellent taai....

uki
08-21-2009, 02:52 PM
...here endeth the lessonit's just one lesson in a series of others to come...

taai gihk yahn
08-21-2009, 05:08 PM
it's just one lesson in a series of others to come...

gihk jeung man faht

(claps palms together to entreat the Buddha to teach)

GeneChing
08-21-2009, 05:31 PM
Or does taai gihk yahn remind you of Brother Maynard (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOrgLj9lOwk)when he qouth the gospel so.

taai gihk yahn
08-21-2009, 05:37 PM
Or does taai gihk yahn remind you of Brother Maynard (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOrgLj9lOwk)when he qoute the gospel so.

are you suggesting that I stayed up late all alone on Saturday nights in high school watching brit-com humor on PBS while everyone else was out drinking and getting laid?

GeneChing
08-21-2009, 05:41 PM
...but if I was, what's wrong with that?

All I ever needed to know I learned from Monty Python (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfIkMXw_YM4). ;)

taai gihk yahn
08-21-2009, 05:50 PM
...but if I was, what's wrong with that?
nothing; and so what if I'm only 5'6", I've had more women then all of you!

All I ever needed to know I learned from Monty Python (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfIkMXw_YM4). ;)
it's funny ya know, after the first class that I ever took with Ross, I was walking home, and this homicidal maniac attacked me with a bunch on longan berries, just like Dave said he would!

good times...

Boston Bagua
08-21-2009, 06:16 PM
What about someone with a POINTED STICK???

David Jamieson
08-21-2009, 06:31 PM
Shut up!!!!