View Full Version : Question for CLFNole

Ben Gash
08-27-2009, 08:18 AM
Is this your Ping Jang Kuen?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQuVQer3vn0&feature=related

CLFNole
08-27-2009, 08:54 AM
Ben:

Yeah that is it. The opening we use is different, we use the traditional one with the 3 bows, etc... There were a couple of moves different from the way I do it but basically the same.

How about yours? I have seen a portion of the Chan Family set and what I saw was similar but I only saw a portion.

Peace.

Ben Gash
08-27-2009, 10:28 AM
It's odd, first time I saw it I thought it was a completely different form, but the more I watch it the more similarities I see. Ours is really tough, a definite "black sash" level form (I know you don't use coloured sashes, but you know what I mean). Linked sweeps, lotus positions, combinations which deviate from the norm. I think it's a little shorter than yours though.

CLFNole
08-27-2009, 10:31 AM
It's odd, first time I saw it I thought it was a completely different form, but the more I watch it the more similarities I see. Ours is really tough, a definite "black sash" level form (I know you don't use coloured sashes, but you know what I mean). Linked sweeps, lotus positions, combinations which deviate from the norm. I think it's a little shorter than yours though.

Some of our forms are very similar to others I have seen (ie. Ping Kuen, Sup Gee Kow Dah Kuen, Baat Kwa Sum Kuen) while others are completely different (ie. Siu Moi Fah & Baat Mo Kuen).

Ben Gash
08-27-2009, 10:49 AM
This is our Bak Mo Kuen (well, half of it)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IntHTViyxcU&feature=related

CLFNole
08-27-2009, 11:01 AM
Yeah, that is totally different from ours. Ours is extremely long (the longest form we have) and has a lot of double kick combos, one leg stuff and more kicking in general than most of sets. At 40, I have realized this is ideal for a young person becuase it is just too long and too dynamic to go 100% all out. You have to reserve some energy.

Ben Gash
08-27-2009, 11:51 AM
Yeah, ours is 180+ moves, and there's single leg stuff and linked kicking towards the end. It's the linked Lok Gwei Mas that kill me though.