PDA

View Full Version : Muay Thai tiedajiu

GeneChing
08-28-2009, 01:54 PM
I tried this stuff when I was in Bangkok taking some tourist lessons in Muay Thai. It gave me a rash (but all tiedajiu gives me a rash).

Boxing liniment oil-maker sees great scope in China and the US (http://www.nationmultimedia.com/topstory/30109447/Boxing-liniment-oil-maker-sees-great-scope-in-Chin)
By Sucheera Pinijparakarn
The Nation
Published on August 10, 2009

Devakam Apothecary Hall, the producer and distributor of Namman Muay boxing liniment oil, plans to export its products to the US and China next year.

The company wants exports to account for 30 per cent of total sales within three years, up from 10 per cent at present.

Devakam started exporting Namman Muay oil three years ago, mainly to Europe, executive director Tipvarin Intratat said on Friday.

The brand is well-known among foreigners who have visited Thailand and Thai-boxing gyms overseas, she said.

"We've opted to go to China and the US because they are major markets - especially China. Many Chinese tourists come to Thailand and purchase our products in large quantities," she said.

The company is negotiating with a major Chinese distribution firm. In the US, the oil will be sold at martial-arts centres and drug stores.

Devakam also plans to export its Namman Muay analgesic cream soon.

"We hope our lower price will convince customers who are familiar with foreign-brand analgesic creams to switch to a Thai product," Tipvarin said.

Devakam targets sales revenue growth this year of 10 percent over last year's Bt120 million.

The local market for products to treat pain and muscular aches is worth Bt800 million. Devakam expects market growth of 10 per cent this year.

Blacktiger
08-31-2009, 01:52 AM
Its great to get some heat in the cold legs in winter!

Lucas
08-31-2009, 03:45 PM
that oil is great, only way i could get it was through my sifu who ordered it from thailand.

by far one of the strongest, fastest acting oils ive used. lasts a long ass time too. martialartsmart should carry it so i can just buy it from you.

;)

Blacktiger
08-31-2009, 08:19 PM
we can get it in Aus very easily - its costs 15 dollars or something as opposed to 2 dollars in Thailand - I always stock up when im in Samui or Koh Tao.....arrhh take me there now

Pork Chop
09-02-2009, 11:09 AM
I call that stuff orange juice; it's just as good for ya :)
always have a bottle or two lying around though i think my body's gotten used to it

Violent Designs
09-02-2009, 07:48 PM
what is this like dit da jow or massage oil or what.

i do muay thai so is suppose to help?

Blacktiger
09-02-2009, 08:46 PM
I call that stuff orange juice; it's just as good for ya :)
always have a bottle or two lying around though i think my body's gotten used to it

Yeah there is the orange juice and then the anelgisic thats in the tube.

When ever you go to the fights in Thailand thats all you can smell in the air - its unreal.

Pork Chop
09-03-2009, 01:22 PM
what is this like dit da jow or massage oil or what.
i do muay thai so is suppose to help?

it helps get your blood flowing to the area & numbs the injuries.
i think it really does do something that causes your body to toughen up.

Blacktiger-
full body massages in that stuff :eek: gotta hurt

Lucas
09-03-2009, 01:38 PM
Blacktiger-

lol, no thanks!

i tend to switch on and off between that and zen gu shui. i like the thai stuff a lot more though personally. its faster and stronger acting. i use the zgs for minor aches and stiffness then use the thai liniment for real pain.

the best is to apply that stuff after a nice hot shower after training. :eek:

feel the burn!

Violent Designs
09-03-2009, 02:00 PM
interesting. so is this useful in combination with dit da jow or better than that stuff.

jow for me doesn't really ease the pain, helps with the swelling.

it would be cool if this numbs down areas like my shin and thighs . . . leg kicks hurt like a train from hell.

Lucas
09-03-2009, 02:04 PM
jows full of medicinal properties and varies depending on what type of jow your using.

you can kind of compare this stuff to the thai version of ben g@y or zengushui

picture (http://www.muaythaiboxingshop.com/images/Liniment120cc.jpg)

its a sport liniment. id stick with your jow for the specifics, iron palm for instance.

Blacktiger
09-03-2009, 05:49 PM
it helps get your blood flowing to the area & numbs the injuries.
i think it really does do something that causes your body to toughen up.

Blacktiger-

hahah you said it - no happy ending there :eek:

Lucas
09-04-2009, 10:59 AM
hahah you said it - no happy ending there :eek:

oh my, that hurts just thinking about it.

GeneChing
09-15-2009, 10:27 AM
...I was using an Aryuvedic formula for a while until my wife told me it made me smell like a street person. :o

What's interesting about this, as well as tiedajiu, is that they are specifically formulated for combat injuries. But soreness and bruising is universal so many non-martial artists will use such liniments for every day aches and pains.

I would NOT combine them. There could be all sorts of interaction issues that could arise and you can overdose on liniment. Liniments, for the most part, are herbal concoctions (or like Ben Gay, chemical mixes) that stimulate circulation. It's easy to get overstimulated. This can produce a nasty rash, a permanent allergy (I suffer from one) or even anaphylaxis.

Blacktiger
09-16-2009, 06:00 PM
...I was using an Aryuvedic formula for a while until my wife told me it made me smell like a street person. :o

Yes I got the same feed back!

chusauli
09-30-2009, 10:22 AM
Most people get rashes because the ingredients in the Jiu are too hot for their constitutions. Try removing the Cao Wu, Chuan Wu (substitute with Zhi Chuan Wu and Zhi Cao Wu), Bi Ba, Chuan Jiao, and modify for your needs or else consult with an herbalist.

Just because herbals are natural does not mean you can self medicate...people think Dit Da Jow is generic, when in actuality it must be customized to the user.