PDA

View Full Version : Hello All!

SC36DC
09-01-2009, 04:18 AM
I just wanted to say hello to everybody here on the forum. I usually post on KungFuCinema's forum or the FLK forum, but I am glad I found a new place to share my passion for old school Kung Fu movies. Although I have a busy schedule with work, I have created a site based on this passion, it's a labor of love for me and I just recently brought it back after taking almost 2 years off. My site for those interested is ShaolinChamber36.com (http://www.shaolinchamber36.com), my previous site was ShaolinChamber.com

I hope to get in and mix it up with everyone here and possibly make some new friends as well. It's always a pleasure to talk to people who share the same interest as I do.

A little bit more about myself.

I am in my late 30's
I am based in Fremont, CA which is in the San Francisco Bay Area
I have 2 kids with the youngest being my son who is 11 months old.
I currently work at NUMMI in Fremont, which I just found out will be closing in March 2010 :(
I have over 700 or so Kung Fu/Martial Arts DVD's!
I am also, well I use to DJ (still can just don't have much time)

I am sorry if the OFF TOPIC section is not the proper place to post this, but I did not notice a Introduction section in the forum and I wanted to introduce myself to everyone here.

Buddha Bless You.

Skip J.
09-01-2009, 05:18 AM
Welcome on board!

Glad to have you!

GeneChing
09-01-2009, 10:12 AM
You'll enjoy our Martial Media and Popular Culture forum (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15).

Bummer about NUMMI. That's really having a dramatic effect on our 'hood. Hope you'll be ok.

Lucas
09-01-2009, 10:38 AM
welcome to the forum!

for some reason i cannot open your link, it opens and i see some images then i get an error message "internet explorer cannot open the internet site " " Operation aborted"

SC36DC
09-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys!

Yes it is a bummer about NUMMI Gene, especially considering how many thousands and thousands of people it will effect.

Lucas, the site seems to be working ok now. I do recommend using Firefox as there are some issues with the site and IE.

I will be posting quite a bit here, well in the movie section. Thanks again guys!

calciums
10-13-2009, 08:01 AM
hi!
i m biginning my posts with this, thanks for the forum, its very good for me.

Skip J.
10-13-2009, 08:46 AM
hi!
Glad to have you!!!

the more the merrier....

do you taiji/qi gong or kf or both?????

SC36DC
03-24-2010, 04:52 AM
I posted back on my original introduction post that my job would be closing in March 2010, 6 days from now will be my last day of work, Tuesday March 30.

I am not sure of what the future holds, but I know I will focus all my energy and most of my welcomed free time to working on my site. I have been rebuilding it and will relaunch it in a little over a month.

For all those interested in Classic Kung Fu films, please be sure to check it out.

www.ShaolinChamber36.com

Hardwork108
03-24-2010, 02:22 PM
I just wanted to say hello to everybody here on the forum. I usually post on KungFuCinema's forum or the FLK forum, but I am glad I found a new place to share my passion for old school Kung Fu movies. Although I have a busy schedule with work, I have created a site based on this passion, it's a labor of love for me and I just recently brought it back after taking almost 2 years off. My site for those interested is ShaolinChamber36.com (http://www.shaolinchamber36.com), my previous site was ShaolinChamber.com

I hope to get in and mix it up with everyone here and possibly make some new friends as well. It's always a pleasure to talk to people who share the same interest as I do.

A little bit more about myself.

I am in my late 30's
I am based in Fremont, CA which is in the San Francisco Bay Area
I have 2 kids with the youngest being my son who is 11 months old.
I currently work at NUMMI in Fremont, which I just found out will be closing in March 2010 :(
I have over 700 or so Kung Fu/Martial Arts DVD's!
I am also, well I use to DJ (still can just don't have much time)

I am sorry if the OFF TOPIC section is not the proper place to post this, but I did not notice a Introduction section in the forum and I wanted to introduce myself to everyone here.

Buddha Bless You.

Welcome to the forums. :)

By the way, what kind of music did you DJ?

Dragonzbane76
03-24-2010, 03:56 PM
heads up stay away from him.

Lucas
03-24-2010, 03:59 PM
hi!

did you paint that zombie in your quote? thats very good work.

Dragonzbane76
03-24-2010, 04:04 PM
yeah looks good. I've never been artistically inclined with painting and pencil but always appreciated what others did in it.

GeneChing
04-08-2010, 09:21 AM
I go to kung fu after work so I pick up the tail end of the commute. That stretch of 880 used to get congested, but now it's like a ghost town. :(

SC36DC
04-12-2010, 01:45 AM
I go to kung fu after work so I pick up the tail end of the commute. That stretch of 880 used to get congested, but now it's like a ghost town. :(

I haven't driven by NUMMI since my last of work on March 30. I saw in the newspaper, where they had a pic of them taking the sign down... We knew for 7 months we were going to be losing our job, but at the end it feels like it just happen so fast.

I'm taking advantage of my time off to work on my site, full time. Just going to miss the money to buy my Kung Fu DVD's! :(