PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Maximum Power hitting

diego
09-06-2009, 02:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU3GbhUcyGc&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTcorLBtuZU&feature=channel_page

WAHHHHH...

I like how the camera shakes when he yells. I know I feel pumped.

Pork Chop
09-06-2009, 05:40 PM
that was really bad
especially where his drop step looks more like "skip to my lou" than an actually dempsey drop step

TenTigers
09-06-2009, 06:53 PM
definately not the Dempsey Drop-Step, unless you play it backwards.
Looks more like a running start.
I try to develop my elbows so I can deliver a powerful strike from several inches, not from left field.

mickey
09-07-2009, 12:58 PM
Greetings,

Both techniques are a slow. If that is his idea of real time striking, I am not interested.

Interestingly, the way he has to pull back in order to strike with power was done by George Foreman. Ali took full advantage of that in the Rumble in the Jungle and whacked the guy so bad that he had a spiritual experience. From that experience, Foreman became a pastor and would later make millions as spokesperson for the grill that bears his name.

Wait a freakin' minute!! Hit me like that!!!!

mickey

Iron_Eagle_76
09-08-2009, 08:35 AM
More garbage from another snake oil salesman. Considering he winded up like a clock for that strike and you could probably eat a hero sandwich by the time he delivered it, I'd say his expertise is a little questionable. He really showed that helmet who was boss, though.

diego
09-08-2009, 07:02 PM
LOL

I just finished reading Char;es palinquin's principles book, he goes off on weider and arnold and all of the snake oil furniture dealers;)

lmao

anyone done olympic strength training? i smoke and don't eat enough so arnold's formula of 8-12 reps built my back up from two months of sets, but i'm ****ing tire maybe i should take steroids to get AWESOME POWER lmao...i'm doing 3 rep's of 125% maximum, rest 3-5 min's and repeat for an hour on one body part...working bent row lifting it to only half way cuz the weight is too heavy and i have no power:D

Ben Gash
09-09-2009, 03:10 AM
Technique aside, his stuff on the psychology of confrontation, verbal and non verbal de-escalation and management of adrenaline is actually quite good.

Ben Gash
09-09-2009, 03:22 AM
Greetings,

Both techniques are a slow. If that is his idea of real time striking, I am not interested.

Interestingly, the way he has to pull back in order to strike with power was done by George Foreman. Ali took full advantage of that in the Rumble in the Jungle and whacked the guy so bad that he had a spiritual experience. From that experience, Foreman became a pastor and would later make millions as spokesperson for the grill that bears his name.

Wait a freakin' minute!! Hit me like that!!!!

mickey
However, Foreman at that point was world champion with a record of 40-0 with 37 knockouts , and Ali's victory was a combination of very clever strategy all playing on the fact that Foreman had only had 3 fights go the distance. He still took heavy punishment for 8 rounds before Foreman gassed.
It was also after his fight with Jimmy Young 6 years later that he had a religious experience :rolleyes:
So what do those stats tell you? That if you're not fighting Muhammed Ali it's a useful strategy that will usually get you a quick knockout? It's a risk yes, but so's letting a real fight drag on.

sanjuro_ronin
09-09-2009, 05:41 AM
LOL

I just finished reading Char;es palinquin's principles book, he goes off on weider and arnold and all of the snake oil furniture dealers;)

lmao

anyone done olympic strength training? i smoke and don't eat enough so arnold's formula of 8-12 reps built my back up from two months of sets, but i'm ****ing tire maybe i should take steroids to get AWESOME POWER lmao...i'm doing 3 rep's of 125% maximum, rest 3-5 min's and repeat for an hour on one body part...working bent row lifting it to only half way cuz the weight is too heavy and i have no power:D

Palinquin KNOWS his stuff, period.
The rest of your post is gibberish !

sanjuro_ronin
09-09-2009, 05:42 AM
However, Foreman at that point was world champion with a record of 40-0 with 37 knockouts , and Ali's victory was a combination of very clever strategy all playing on the fact that Foreman had only had 3 fights go the distance. He still took heavy punishment for 8 rounds before Foreman gassed.
It was also after his fight with Jimmy Young 6 years later that he had a religious experience :rolleyes:
So what do those stats tell you? That if you're not fighting Muhammed Ali it's a useful strategy that will usually get you a quick knockout? It's a risk yes, but so's letting a real fight drag on.

Correctumundo.
And when Foreman cam back as an old fat **** he still fought the same way (basically) and still whopped ass !

diego
09-09-2009, 04:36 PM
Palinquin KNOWS his stuff, period.
The rest of your post is gibberish !

this whole thread is gibberrish Sanjuro...I'm trying to download elite manuals for olympic fitness...something with like a whole chapter on squats, a whole chapter on bench...not a whole chapter on body parts but like the quintessential scientific study of wrist curling chapter 13.

What's the best physical education work known to modern man?.

sanjuro_ronin
09-10-2009, 05:48 AM
this whole thread is gibberrish Sanjuro...I'm trying to download elite manuals for olympic fitness...something with like a whole chapter on squats, a whole chapter on bench...not a whole chapter on body parts but like the quintessential scientific study of wrist curling chapter 13.

What's the best physical education work known to modern man?.

Hmmm, good question...
Serious strength training is a great book.
If you like the HIT type workouts, Mike Mentzer's stuff is great
Chad Waterbury's stuff is good too, to say the least,

Pork Chop
09-10-2009, 08:46 AM
Tudor Bompa's books on Periodization are good, but you practically have to have a Phd to make it through them.

Mike Mahler's stuff for kettlebells.

Jonathon Chaimberg & Mackie Shillstone both have great results training athletes.

Definitely give Scott Sonnon a look.

The underground's Taku, as in "Taku's intervals" has a new ebook: http://hybridfitness.wordpress.com/2009/08/12/announcement-blackjack-fitness-is-live/
The underground's Wiggy is also good:
http://www.workingclassfitness.com/

MUST give a shoutout for Ross Boxing:
www.rossboxing.com

I've done Waterbury's workouts and they're nice.
I also agree Poliquin's stuff is great.

Lotta good online resources out there - Dave Tate, Dan John, Louie Simmons, the list goes on and on...

mickey
09-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Greetings,

Yes, Foreman was a very strong fighter. I never said that he sucked. He had a weakness that Ali capitalized on and that clip, very much, reminded me of him.

mickey

Ben Gash
09-12-2009, 01:04 AM
But again, in this context is it a weakness? Ali's strategy relied heavily on the flexibility of the ropes to allow him to avoid taking Foreman's shots to the head. Against a cage or a brick wall/car/bar he'd probably have been KTFO'd very quickly.
In the clip I do think that Kipp over rotates somewhat, but again, in the context of his conceptual structure (utilising stress response to enhance power) people will make exagerrated movements anyway.

mickey
09-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Hi Ben Gash,

I used to remember the fight in a similar way that you do. I had the opportunity to see that fight a few times recently and it was probably the most intelligent fight that Ali fought. While the rope was there, Ali unloaded some incredibly good shots throughout the fight. The angles he used were amazing. I think it is still on youtube. Check it out, again. Seriously, you will see an entirely different fight.

mickey

mickey
09-12-2009, 06:49 PM
The first round of that fight suggests that Ali may have been exposed to the unarmed fighting methods of the Filipino martial arts. Ali had degree rank in S hito ryu Karate (3rd or 4th). So it would not surprise me if he picked up something in his travels.

mickey