PDA

View Full Version : Socialmantis...

Taijimantis
07-02-2001, 03:33 AM
You said in another post that you studied Mantis in Vietnam.

Could you give me a little more info? Tai Chi Praying Mantis? If so who was your Sifu there?

Hieu Nguyen
07-02-2001, 04:03 AM
I studied from a relative my sifu was a relative and he only taught family members.

cha kuen
07-02-2001, 10:44 AM
What hand sets have you learned?

Taijimantis
07-02-2001, 02:45 PM
What was the name of this Sifu? Was it North or South Vietnam?
If it isnt terribly personal... I have reasons for asking :)

I am looking to establish contact with some of the Taiji Mantis Sifu in Vietnam.

Hieu Nguyen
07-02-2001, 11:20 PM
Well to all you Kung Fu bros who have given me advise on certain issues I want to thank you.
I will be moving back to Vietnam this week to help care for my family.
I will try and continue to visit this site but the circumstances in vietnam may prevent me from doing that.
I will try and visit America sometime this year, my brother lives in America so I will try and visit him as often as I am able to.
Once again keep up the good work!

Taijimantis
07-03-2001, 01:47 AM
Would you do me the favor of letting me know who you were or will be training with in Vietnam?

I am trying to put together a reunion for my Sifu, who grew up and trained under Chiu Chuk-kai in Vietnam.
At this point I am trying to put out feelers to see who would be interested in coming to see him here in Michigan.

Chances are if you trained in Tai Chi Mantis in Vietnam, you treined under one of my Sifu's Sidai, or perhaps one of his senior students.

If you dont mind I would really appriciate the help.

Taijimantis
07-07-2001, 08:57 PM
The dude left without answering my question...
It wasnt much of a question...

What was the name of his sifu?

I wonder...

woliveri
07-08-2001, 08:55 PM
Don't you just love secrets. My Vietnamese teacher told me many a story in Vietnam regarding this same issue. So much so some master would rather take their knowledge to the grave rather than teach someone outside the family.

What these people really don't realize is that they screw themselves in the long run.

Very sad

There is no spoon. "The Matrix"
There's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path. "The Matrix"

Scarletmantis
07-08-2001, 10:30 PM
Taijimantis, socali is a fake. More than likely he has changed usernames, NOT his location. Check out his "Taiji mantis fake sifu" post for all the ****ing evidence you need. :D