PDA

View Full Version : Lee Pee form from 8 Step Praying Mantis

Drunken1
07-04-2001, 08:28 PM
It is from the BABO or 8 step System, any thoughts or opinions on this particular form? I have a tape of it and it has some nice fighting techniques. Just curious.

baldmantiz
07-04-2001, 10:08 PM
li pei is actually one of my favorite sets to do

To know others is to have knowledge. To know oneself is to be enlightened.

Nutt'nhunny
07-04-2001, 11:43 PM
Does it mean "Power Cut" by any chance? Is it a bone breaking set? I think Hsing I may have something similar.

baldmantiz
07-05-2001, 05:32 PM
yes that is the translation

To know others is to have knowledge. To know oneself is to be enlightened.

Tainan Mantis
08-17-2001, 03:10 PM
Has anyone seen the Mantis video by Su Yu Zhang that includes the Li Pi 1 and 2 man version?

RAF
08-18-2001, 06:30 AM
Tainan, Taiwan

I have watched a few of Su Yu Chang's tapes from baji, pi qua and mantis. They are well worth purchasing. The applications are really good. Praying mantis is not my bag but many years ago I learned 7 hand, Li Pi, da fan se, xiao fan se, from the ba bu system. Some of the early film clips of Master Su are excellent.

His boyhood friend lives in Taiwan and traveled with him to the United States and helped in do the Pi Men mantis seminar. I have been told that he was a disciple of Wei Xiao Tang (forgive my pin yin) and his mantis and xing yi are top shelf.

I just forgot his name but someone will pick up on it. Maybe you could look him up. I will tell you that from the first day in a mantis class, stance work was always practiced along with some 18 lohan exercises. Also learned some mantis techniques that resemble push hands of sorts.

Been told that ba bu mantis incorporates techniques from both xing yi and bagua. Xing yi techniques are evident in li pi and saw some bagua techniques in xiao fan se, I believe.

But its been many years since I practiced mantis--I think its an excellent fighting system and really like to watch a good mantis guy (or girl) play.

RAF
08-18-2001, 02:53 PM
PS: Here is small article regarding some of the training we do in praying mantis. This primarily has a great deal of influence from Master Su Yu Chang.

http://www.wutangcenter.com/tanglang.html

EARTH DRAGON
08-19-2001, 08:57 PM
yes we do have hsing I for internal and ba gua is our footwork in our system along with some tom bei for double hand tec. please check out our history on our site for a fuul explanation

http://www.kungfuUSA.net