09-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Whats with his never moving waist?

hskwarrior
09-14-2009, 06:48 PM
ed parker's lineage?

IronWeasel
09-14-2009, 06:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8omsw7IEG5s&NR=1

Your student has practiced hard on this form.

He's a 7th degree green belt, right?:D

SIFU RON
09-14-2009, 09:04 PM
Which 5 Animals were in this form ? Is closed fist an Animal Style? It was long and fluent, which shows dedication.

TenTigers
09-14-2009, 09:13 PM
It was long and fluent, which shows dedication.

some would call it that...

sanjuro_ronin
09-15-2009, 06:03 AM
You know, seppuku should be taught in some schools...

David Jamieson
09-15-2009, 06:46 AM
c'mon. you know you want to.....

ok....:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

WTF WAS THAT?

lkfmdc
09-15-2009, 07:00 AM
the sad part is, there is some real technique buried in there, and he has no idea what it is :(

hskwarrior
09-15-2009, 07:02 AM
if that's an ed parker form......then i know he got some of that from the Lau Bun lineage. no doubt. i saw things from our forms in there too.

TenTigers
09-15-2009, 07:51 AM
no, Frank. What you saw, is what David is talking about. Someone doing moves he's SEEN at a tournament, or in a video, and then trying to do it and put it in a form, without any understanding of the movement, or its application, hense the structure, power, everything is completely messed up. Look at his attempt at the kay lin bow into Tiger Claws. He should be singing,"Singin in the Rain" (Gene Kelly, not Malcome McDowell)
Look at his, um..crane?
then there's the bugaloo section that pops up here and there.
What amazes me, is yes-there is dedication here. He is a Black Belt-with several stripes, leading me to believe that he has put in alot of serious time and effort. The form is ridiculously long, and I'm sure it must have been hard for him to learn all those intricate movements-no matter how wrong they are.
Whenever I see people like this, I have to wonder; didn't they ever pick up a book, watch a vid, do some research? How can they work so hard and never know that they are learning nonesense?

lkfmdc
09-15-2009, 08:21 AM
TenTigers

I don't know if it is as simple as that... I was a kid at a tournament and this guy in a white karate gi is in the Chinese division, we are like "uh, ok?"

He goes up an annouces he is a kemp guy and is doing "little book form"

He then busts out a pretty decent tiger and crane? :confused:

In the day, a lot of kempo guys were studying kung fu and integrating it into what they did. This guy just may be the "evolution" / "deeveolution" of this, ie by the time he saw it, no one knew WTF they were doing anymore

It even happens with TCMA you know! ;)

lkfmdc
09-15-2009, 08:24 AM
TenTigers

I don't know if it is as simple as that... I was a kid at a tournament and this guy in a white karate gi is in the Chinese division, we are like "uh, ok?"

He goes up an annouces he is a kemp guy and is doing "little book form"

He then busts out a pretty decent tiger and crane? :confused:

In the day, a lot of kempo guys were studying kung fu and integrating it into what they did. This guy just may be the "evolution" / "deeveolution" of this, ie by the time he saw it, no one knew WTF they were doing anymore

It even happens with TCMA you know! ;)

hskwarrior
09-15-2009, 08:47 AM
then that dumb ninji pop stole our gung fu then!!! he does it badly.....but, i recognize our stuff.

hahahaha a karate guy doing HUNG GA techniques in a karate form!!!! CLF TOO!!!

David Jamieson
09-15-2009, 08:59 AM
*snip*
Whenever I see people like this, I have to wonder; didn't they ever pick up a book, watch a vid, do some research? How can they work so hard and never know that they are learning nonesense?

when you don't drill teh apps or pressure test them, they invariably will not be understood.

TenTigers
09-15-2009, 11:57 AM
LKFMDC,
in other words, a xerox of a xerox....

I use to teach for Tracy's and they teach Tiger/Crane form which, if you squint your eyes, is the Lam Sai Wing Tiger Crane set.
Ok, squint your eyes through a kaleidoscope.
Steve LaValle's Kenpo school teaches a version of Lau Ga Kuen as well.
Again, these movements are so far removed from actual Kung-Fu that it is barely recognizable.

Dragonzbane76
09-15-2009, 01:32 PM
I knew a couple kempo guy that did the forms I learned when I was in TMA. Of course the forms themselves were *******iszed and brought from other systems Daniel Pai had a knack for doin that. :eek:

I've seen kempo guys do Ching I forms, tiger forms, dragon dance/dancing dragon forms, Hung ga, etc. I know in Pai lum they would cross forms into kempo, a lot of the classes were taught kung fu forms.

lkfmdc
09-15-2009, 02:49 PM
in other words, a xerox of a xerox....

a photocopy of a photocopy, "xerox" is a brand name!

Blacktiger
09-15-2009, 03:36 PM
I had to stop looking at that - looked like some good disco dance moves however :confused:

taai gihk yahn
09-15-2009, 04:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8omsw7IEG5s&NR=1

oh lawdy, lawdy, lawdy

Kempo...an art named Kempo...

a ship named Titanic...

a car named Edsel...

a blimp named Hindenberg...

cerebus
09-15-2009, 04:25 PM
To be fair, the original old-school Kenpo of William Chow and James Mitose (whatever one may think of Mitose as a person) was some good stuff. Lots of tough fighters came out of that lineage back before the days of light-touch contact tournaments, twisted versions of Chinese forms and a bazillion levels of striped belt ranks for kids...

Drake
09-18-2009, 08:18 PM
Finally on my own comp... my thoughts on this vid?

"But I don’t feel like dancin’
No sir, no dancin’ today.
Don’t feel like dancin’, dancin’
Even if i find nothin' better to do
Don’t feel like dancin’, dancin’
Why’d you pick a tune when I’m not in the mood?
Don’t feel like dancin’, dancin’"

bawang
09-19-2009, 10:54 AM
STOP!!!!!!!!!!!

hammer time

Yao Sing
09-19-2009, 07:06 PM
And what's worse is that he most likely considers that form "learned", done, and he's already starting on the next one on the list.