PDA

View Full Version : standing in the light

uki
09-15-2009, 12:46 PM
i was ruminating the nature of the way today while sitting on my steps, when all of a sudden the clouds parted and the sun shone down on me... i was compelled to stand and embrace it's warmth. they say that the truth is the light and light (http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54125) is information and internet is the information superhighway - so perhaps today i was standing in the light and acted as a transmitter of information, passed along via the internet here to these forum boards so that each of you individually, might be exposed to the information (http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51704) given to us freely from the light of the sun... no matter if you reached for the clouds or caught the comets by their tails (http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54202), any mind-body work is greatly amplified when practiced in spirit under the light of the sun. :)

sanjuro_ronin
09-15-2009, 01:01 PM
Superman agrees with you, but not Batman.

Hippie...:p

Skip J.
09-15-2009, 01:05 PM
That's just about the largest collection of juggling info I have ever seen..

and excellent stonework too!

Lucas
09-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Superman agrees with you, but not Batman.

Hippie...:p

batman always beats superman

sanjuro_ronin
09-15-2009, 01:11 PM
batman always beats superman

I disagree, now I am a Batman fan, far more than a superman fan, but lets not kid ourselves, Superman would just fling the Earth into the sun, killing Batman and everyone else.
:p

uki
09-15-2009, 01:12 PM
Hippie...meh... hippies can't handle me.

That's just about the largest collection of juggling info I have ever seen..merely the tip of the iceberg my young friend.

and excellent stonework too!thank you... i settle for nothing less.

Drake
09-15-2009, 01:13 PM
I wish I were unemployed so I could sit on my porch all day and make outlandish presumptions based on a stupid sunbeam.

Unfortunately, I am stuck being a productive memeber of society.

uki
09-15-2009, 01:15 PM
I wish I were unemployed so I could sit on my porch all day and make outlandish presumptions based on a stupid sunbeam.

Unfortunately, I am stuck being a productive memeber of society.LOL... i poured 6 yards of concrete today, helped lay up 4 piers, core filled them, laboured to hole up a key in a 13.5 course wall, packed up, and pulled out for an early day. :p

nice try...

Lucas
09-15-2009, 01:15 PM
I disagree, now I am a Batman fan, far more than a superman fan, but lets not kid ourselves, Superman would just fling the Earth into the sun, killing Batman and everyone else.
:p

true, but that would require some sort of mind control because supermans greatest weakness is his goody two shoe nature.

besides batman has a bit of kryptonite in case the supes ever gets outa line. hes pounded him before and he'll do it again i say! :mad:

Lucas
09-15-2009, 01:16 PM
hmm, i know from first hand experience, masons are some of the hardest working laborers out there. just take care of yourself man, to many masons let that career take their bodies with it.

uki
09-15-2009, 01:21 PM
to many masons let that career take their bodies with it.sh!t... you can't even take the body with you when you leave anyways... why worry so much?? train hard. be smart.

wait... that was: be hard, train smart. :p

Drake
09-15-2009, 01:29 PM
LOL... i poured 6 yards of concrete today, helped lay up 4 piers, core filled them, laboured to hole up a key in a 13.5 course wall, packed up, and pulled out for an early day. :p

nice try...

My apologies then. I had you pegged for an unemployed guy.
I was mistaken.

uki
09-15-2009, 01:30 PM
I was mistaken.no need to apologize... we are what we are and do what we do. :)

David Jamieson
09-15-2009, 01:31 PM
I was mistaken.

so you hate unemployed people?

Must be so hard living so close to millions of em! :D

Lucas
09-15-2009, 01:33 PM
sh!t... you can't even take the body with you when you leave anyways... why worry so much?? train hard. be smart.

wait... that was: be hard, train smart. :p

lol ya. at least you practice kungfu, a lot of those guys get pretty bad knees from all the kneeling and lifting after a long time. and some of the hands ive seen....oi. strong ya, but some people ignore it so long they end up with slow un responsive broken joints. mostly from the 40+ crowd that ive met though, now days we are smarter in the way we approac that kind of work.

Drake
09-15-2009, 01:42 PM
so you hate unemployed people?

Must be so hard living so close to millions of em! :D

So you put words in my mouth?

uki
09-15-2009, 01:49 PM
lol ya. at least you practice kungfu, a lot of those guys get pretty bad knees from all the kneeling and lifting after a long time. and some of the hands ive seen....oi. strong ya, but some people ignore it so long they end up with slow un responsive broken joints. mostly from the 40+ crowd that ive met though, now days we are smarter in the way we approach that kind of work.its all about the approach... masonry and martial arts go hand in hand. you have to be strong and you have to be tough - no and, if, or but about it. whats to take into consideration is that the majority of workers in this field are in poor health shape due to excessive cigarette smoking, alcohol consumption, drug abuse which they use to deal with the workload... i have the oppositional approach and use martial arts practice to deal with the workload. another interesting fact is that at of all the people i work with and have worked with over the years, i am one of only two people that i know, who do not smoke tabacco on a daily basis.

Lucas
09-15-2009, 01:58 PM
its all about the approach... masonry and martial arts go hand in hand. you have to be strong and you have to be tough - no and, if, or but about it. whats to take into consideration is that the majority of workers in this field are in poor health shape due to excessive cigarette smoking, alcohol consumption, drug abuse which they use to deal with the workload... i have the oppositional approach and use martial arts practice to deal with the workload. another interesting fact is that at of all the people i work with and have worked with over the years, i am one of only two people that i know, who do not smoke tabacco on a daily basis.

yep, every mason i know smokes. hell most people in hard labor do. i think it has partly to do with being out doors and being ABLE to smoke at work, often times while working. nasty habit that, and a hard one to kick unless you really want to.

Skip J.
09-15-2009, 02:08 PM
yep, every mason i know smokes. hell most people in hard labor do. i think it has partly to do with being out doors and being ABLE to smoke at work, often times while working. nasty habit that, and a hard one to kick unless you really want to.

I smoked 2 packs a day for several years in high school. The day I got married my new wife said I was to quit that day.... that was 1967... still took me ten years to actually accomplish it... toughest thing I've ever done .. bar none...

Lucas
09-15-2009, 02:18 PM
ya i smoked for roughly 10 years, though the last couple were light smoking. half a pack a day. one day all of a sudden it hit me like a truck. i could feel all the damage in my lungs and the degenerative effects on my body. it was like a instant over load, it was one of the worst feelings ive ever had. i decided that day to quit, and i did. at that time i was living in a communual house with 5 other people. who all smoked.

i wanted it so bad that it was easy for me. it was also at that time i realized thats the only way its easy, is if you really really really want to quit. i may never would have been able to quit without wanting it that bad.

i try not to push that on smokers, but its always a story i share with every smoker when i get the chance. sometimes a little motivation is all thats missing. i actually advice smokers NOT to quit, until they want it. otherwise they will just relapse and be further in the hole.

diego
09-15-2009, 03:27 PM

if you smoke you can metabolize caffeine all day which keeps you going...the article is in my bookmarks at home will post it later as I'm unemployed and all and decided it would be fun to smoke a J at the nudie beach as the university girls should be out of class within the next hour.

ah boredom, lol

uki
09-15-2009, 03:36 PM
it would be fun to smoke a J at the nudie beach as the university girls should be out of class within the next hour.smoking a J at the nudie beach is much healthier than smoking cigarettes...

Skip J.
09-15-2009, 04:03 PM
....i try not to push that on smokers, but its always a story i share with every smoker when i get the chance. sometimes a little motivation is all thats missing. i actually advice smokers NOT to quit, until they want it. otherwise they will just relapse and be further in the hole.
Both my boys smoke, it's sure hard for us to just let it go..... At this rate I may outlive'em both, a very difficult concept to get my head around...

SPJ
09-15-2009, 06:51 PM
truth is something that applies universally, in the past, at the present and in the future.

just like a light would go (apply) everywhere.

but if you stand in the light, you create a shadow by obstructing the passage of the light (truth).

that is why

Buddha said never say.

it is what it is, when we try to describe it, we introduce some perspective or our view, then we limit it so it may not be universal.

let people see the light themself.

we do not stand in the light.

---

something may need direct experience and not via words/speeches from others.

--

it is the moon. we like to see, and not the finger pointing at the moon.

--

Scott R. Brown
09-16-2009, 12:51 AM
i was ruminating the nature of the way today while sitting on my steps, when all of a sudden the clouds parted and the sun shone down on me... i was compelled to stand and embrace it's warmth. they say that the truth is the light and light (http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54125) is information and internet is the information superhighway - so perhaps today i was standing in the light and acted as a transmitter of information, passed along via the internet here to these forum boards so that each of you individually, might be exposed to the information (http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51704) given to us freely from the light of the sun... no matter if you reached for the clouds or caught the comets by their tails (http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54202), any mind-body work is greatly amplified when practiced in spirit under the light of the sun. :)

That pretty much applies to all of us!:)

MightyB
09-16-2009, 06:02 AM
...decided it would be fun to smoke a J at the nudie beach as the university girls should be out of class within the next hour.

ah boredom, lol

I want to smoke a J at the Nudie Beach with the college girls... D@mn I hate living in Michigan.