PDA

View Full Version : Tai Chi Cars

GeneChing
09-21-2009, 10:46 AM
Never mind Tai Chi shoes (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55151), check this out.

Volvo C30 plugin hybrid car first look (http://carzpage.com/volvo-c30-plugin-hybrid-car-first-look/)
Posted on September 19, 2009

Battery is returned to the menu with this Volvo, C30 plug-in hybrids. Volvo C30 Electric bevacizumab than in Frankfurt, while the Swedes, today announced the zero-emissions Tai Chi - With 92 miles of the details of the scope of a top speed of 80 mph and 0-62 mph sprint less than 11 seconds .
Therefore, the Volvo technology in order to maintain zero emissions race has …

Bevacizumab on behalf of battery electric cars and Volvo’s new plug-in hybrids could be introduced in 2012, the scope of C30, the boss said. This is a clear signal to the Volvo is a dead end, can not stay behind in the race to reduce emissions, there are more surprises later, 99g/km Volvo C30 1.6D drive.

In the new green C30 of bevacizumab is a large-capacity (24kWh) lithium-ion battery under the hood of the placement, and provides a full charge - from a household power supply (230 V, current 16A) - In just eight hours.
Different techniques, the same Volvo values?

Volvo claims that under the hood of bevacizumab the status of the battery of conventional means, practicality and safety are not affected other battery-powered concept.

In order to show how serious the Volvo C30 is about the bevacizumab, they even tested a prototype of a small number of collisions - and Boffins admit that it is safe for any other relations between the Volvo badge.
Therefore, the number of baculovirus expression system can expect to sell Volvo?

Although not yet fully implemented, there are pairs of bevacizumab C30 program will reach the road in 2012. At present, the main focus of Volvo hybrid technology that combines the internal combustion engine battery power.

Paul Gustavsson recalled that in charge of electrification strategy for Volvo, acknowledged the need to overcome the obstacles some consumers completely electric-powered vehicles become a major seller.

‘Consumers must feel that this type is attractive not only drive the car and their own,’ he said. ‘To ensure this, we believe that electric vehicles will serve as a comfort and security, and provide performance of motor vehicles, power sources, as with other similar level.

Skip J.
09-21-2009, 11:56 AM
Never mind Tai Chi shoes (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55151), check this out.

Gene, I'm gonna remember this one next time you're sure we're off-topic....

GeneChing
09-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Is it just me or does tai chi strike you as a bad name for a car? Much more a car manufacturer...:rolleyes:

Sept. 24, 2010, 10:00 a.m. EDT
General Automotive Announces Joint Venture with Taichi Automotive to Form General Automotive-China (http://www.marketwatch.com/story/general-automotive-announces-joint-venture-with-taichi-automotive-to-form-general-automotive-china-2010-09-24?reflink=MW_news_stmp)

ORLANDO, Fla., Sep 24, 2010 (GlobeNewswire via COMTEX) -- General Automotive Company /quotes/comstock/11k!gnau (GNAU 0.05, +0.01, +25.00%) , a North American provider of aftermarket parts and advanced technology for the automotive industry, today announced a joint venture agreement with Taichi Automotive of China.

General Automotive continues to expand its manufacturing and supplier base in China with this partnership. Taichi currently has presence across Asia including the cities of Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Taipei and Weihai. Taichi currently works with some of the largest automotive parts companies within China.

The General Automotive-Taichi Partnership in China will have a strong focus in the development and sourcing of quality automotive parts while cultivating new manufacturing and distribution opportunities. With a growing client base in its U.S. and Export markets, the China operation will not only help support existing manufacturing relationships which insure quality and on time delivery but also enhance logistical support.

"We strongly believe our expansion into the China market will allow us to better serve our customers, helping them to achieve a more economical and higher quality product while also being able to leverage our existing relationships to expand our revenue and customer base both here and in China," explains Dan Valladao, Chief Executive Officer and President at General Automotive.

"The timing for the opening of General Automotive China is right -- General Automotive needed to be able to deliver consistent service and strong leadership in the region and our team is ideally experienced to achieve this," says Xiodong Han, Founder and President of Taichi.

About General Automotive Company

General Automotive Company provides original equipment and aftermarket automotive parts, and automotive technology in the United States and internationally. It focuses on automotive parts sales and distribution through its subsidiary, OE Source L.C. General Automotive is also a partnered in GreenCell Inc., a joint venture with SenCer Inc., a New York based ceramic technology company. Greencell, Inc., has created "Ultra-Temp", a proprietary technology and a potential game changer for the manufacturing of multiple automotive products including oxygen sensors, brakes and SOFC fuel cells for powering automobiles. General Automotive Company ("GAC") is also focused on expanding its operating growth platform through multiple and ongoing acquisitions of successful automotive parts companies. General Automotive Company is based in Orlando, Florida.

The General Automotive Company logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=6532

About Taichi.

Taichi was established in 2007 by Xiaodong Han, founder of China operations of United Components Inc.; Yubing Wang, founder and Chairman of Beijing Oriental Zizhi Cultural Communications Co., Ltd; S.S. Liu, co-founder of Framedia; and Tom Zeng. Taichi Automotive is a China sourcing and market entry service provider based in Shanghai, China. Taichi has assisted many market leaders from $20 million annual sales to $60 billion in discovering and engaging China resources including sourcing over $500 million worth of products ranging from auto parts to consumer products.

Safe Harbor Statement

This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. These forward-looking statements are based on current plans and expectations of management and are subject to a number of uncertainties and risks that could significantly affect the Company's current plans and expectations, as well as future results of operations and financial condition. Specifically, the Company's ability to raise additional capital, execute its business plan and strategy, sustain or increase gross margins, achieve profitability and build shareholder value are forward looking statements. A more extensive listing of risks and factors that may affect the Company's business prospects and cause actual results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements can be found in the reports and other documents filed by the Company with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.

Artemisalive
09-24-2010, 08:03 PM
"Grand Ultimate" is not such a bad name for a car...

taai gihk yahn
09-24-2010, 08:05 PM
"Grand Ultimate" is not such a bad name for a car...

but it's a lousy translation for "taiji"...

Artemisalive
09-25-2010, 12:28 PM
I have never heard of a great translation for "taiji"...but I definitely would love to test-drive a "Grand Ultimate"!

taai gihk yahn
09-25-2010, 03:26 PM
I have never heard of a great translation for "taiji"...but I definitely would love to test-drive a "Grand Ultimate"!

Great Pivot

Supreme Axis

Primordial Polarity

these get much close to the crux of the matter, in terms of the philosophical, cosmological and physiological connotations

jdhowland
09-25-2010, 04:41 PM
but it's a lousy translation for "taiji"...

I like to translate it as "The Living End."

Artemisalive
09-26-2010, 09:25 AM
Great Pivot

Supreme Axis

Primordial Polarity

these get much close to the crux of the matter, in terms of the philosophical, cosmological and physiological connotations

All terrible car names...

GeneChing
09-29-2010, 02:37 PM
On a slightly different motor vehicle, here's more taichi riding gear.

Moto Liberty Named Exclusive U.S. Distributor Of RS Taichi Riding Gear (http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=42175)
Sep 29, 2010, ©Copyright 2010, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.

DALLAS (September 29, 2010) -- Moto Liberty is proud to announce that it has won the exclusive right to distribute RS Taichi high-performance riding gear in the United States.

Established in 1985, Moto Liberty is the largest stocking dealer of RS Taichi products and a retailer of other premium men's and women's apparel and accessories for track days, racing, sportbiking, cruising and touring. Based out of a 4500-square-foot Dallas retail store-with a franchise location in San Antonio-Moto Liberty is a true brick-and-mortar business. Its complete inventory of in-stock products can also be researched and purchased at MotoLiberty.com, which offers a streamlined web-based experience.

Founded in 1976, in Osaka, Japan, RS Taichi is a leader in motorcycle-specific apparel that is engineered with innovation, using state-of-the art materials and construction techniques that ensure the ultimate in protection, comfort and style.

Audrey Menarik, who owns Moto Liberty and is RS Taichi's Director of Dealer Development in the U.S., is excited about this opportunity: "I love RS Taichi, its innovative designs and business philosophy. The company is full of craftsmen and engineers, leaders, not followers. Their decades of experience, commitment to using only the finest materials and efficient sewing techniques are unsurpassed."

Voted the number one motorcycle gear and accessory store in Texas for the past eight years, Moto Liberty is building a retail network of American motorcycle dealerships and accessory shops where riders can sample the features and benefits, feel, smell and try on RS Taichi's premium riding gear before making their purchase.

For inquiries about Moto Liberty or RS Taichi products, please contact Eric Putter at 949/279-0909 or Eric@PutterPowerMedia.com.

SPJ
10-18-2010, 10:27 AM
tai chi is too difficult to translate

i just use yin and yang to take the place of tai chi.

most people will understand yin and yang right away, sun and moon, men and women, water and fire----

dichotomy, balance and interaction of 2 polarities

so yin yang car or yin yang auto.

:)

GeneChing
02-28-2011, 11:28 AM
I don't follow racing so this means little to me.

DANNY ESLICK WILL WEAR RS TAICHI RACING APPAREL IN 2011 (http://amaproracing.com/rr/news/index.cfm?cid=41458)

DALLAS, Texas (February 24, 2011) – Moto Liberty is proud to announce that two-time AMA Pro Road Racing champion Danny Eslick will wear RS Taichi racing apparel in his quest for the 2011 AMA Pro Daytona SportBike championship and while defending his AMA Pro Vance & Hines XR1200 title.

“I’m pumped to be wearing RS Taichi,” said the 24-year-old Oklahoman, who is as notable for his hard-charging ways on the track as he is for his easy smile and casual demeanor in the pits. He has known Moto Liberty owner and long-time road racing supporter Audrey Menarik since he hit the asphalt, “Audrey was helpful in getting me set up in the right gear when I was making the transition from dirt track to road racing. It’s nice to give back to her because she gives so much to the sport,” said Eslick.

After winning the 2009 AMA Pro Daytona SportBike championship on a Buell, Eslick cemented his reputation as one of the sport’s brightest stars with a runner-up showing on a GEICO Powersports RMR Suzuki and in scoring the XR1200 title last season. For 2011, the 12-time AMA Pro Racing winner will be with the same championship winning team and outfitted in a full complement of RS Taichi’s innovative, Japanese-designed racing apparel.

Eslick, who’s led 280 race laps in eight years of professional pavement pounding, said, “I’m looking forward to wearing the right stuff. Most people only think about protection--and I know RS Taichi has me covered with that--but on the track, fit and feel are so important. I won’t have to change my riding style to work with my new suits.”

RS Taichi’s Taka Niwa communicated the entire company’s excitement to work with one of America’s top roadracers, “RS Taichi has worked with professional riders for more than 30 years and we are very happy for this opportunity to support Danny with our riding gear. We know that to concentrate on riding, racers need to be protected with comfortable and protective gear. Of course, it has to be good looking too. We believe that RS Taichi is the brand that can provide the required gear for Danny at the highest level.”

Moto Liberty is a major U.S. distributor for RS Taichi high-performance riding gear. Founded in 1976, in Osaka, Japan, RS Taichi is a leader in motorcycle-specific apparel that is engineered with innovation, using state-of-the art materials and construction techniques that ensure the ultimate in protection, comfort and style.

Menarik is excited about this opportunity for Moto Liberty and RS Taichi stating, “I've been selling race suits for more than 20 years, but being in RS Taichi’s pit booth at the AMA Pro races last year reminded me that spectators really do care about which riders represent various brands. With that in mind, I’m thrilled Danny chose to work with us.”

Moto Liberty, established in 1985, is based out of a 4500-square-foot Dallas retail store where riders can sample the features and benefits, feel and try on riding gear before purchasing. The largest stocking dealer of RS Taichi products in America, it also sells other premium men’s and women’s apparel and accessories for track days, racing, sportbiking, cruising and touring.

For more information about the full line of RS Taichi riding gear and other Moto Liberty products, log on to MotoLiberty.com for a streamlined web-based experience.

The RS Taichi gear looks pretty cool. (http://www.motoliberty.com/list_supp.asp?Supp_ID=22)