PDA

View Full Version : Do Renegade Monk and Seven Star...

Water Dragon
09-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Still visit this place? I see their names on the mod list, haven't seen either post in a while. Who else from the old KFO is still here? Just curious.

Scott R. Brown
09-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Still visit this place? I see their names on the mod list, haven't seen either post in a while. Who else from the old KFO is still here? Just curious.

How old is old? I have been here almost 10 years.

Lucas
09-23-2009, 04:31 PM
this is my second account!! :eek:

PangQuan
09-23-2009, 04:34 PM
this was my first account! :eek:

i guess i had an unread private message from over a year ago on here

i should troll...

Lucas
09-23-2009, 04:34 PM
man that was exhausting :o

taai gihk yahn
09-23-2009, 05:47 PM
i should troll...
or at least teach the real ones to do a better job...

SPJ
09-23-2009, 06:39 PM
man that was exhausting :o

is there a way to change the user name without setting up a new account?

just asking.

yes, I remember 7*

I am here only since 2004.

:)

MasterKiller
09-23-2009, 08:33 PM
I found 7*

http://myspacecomedy.com/images/funny/katrina-beer-loot.jpg

MasterKiller
09-23-2009, 08:43 PM
Renegade Monk

http://7.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kpvbgpvBs01qznpi1o1_400.jpg

Yao Sing
09-23-2009, 10:01 PM
Yep, it was Kung Fu Online when I started. What year did it change to KFM?

Ben Gash
09-24-2009, 01:19 AM
I've been here since 1999 :eek:

TaichiMantis
09-24-2009, 05:01 AM
Ha! Anyone remember usenet? forums/message boards before there was a graphical web...back in the days of pine...but I digress :o:p

brothernumber9
09-24-2009, 05:45 AM
anyone with a join date of Jan 1970 was here before the switch from KFO to KFM. I think that was around 2000, but I'm sure Gene would remember.

GeneChing
09-24-2009, 09:16 AM
Heck, I still haven't remembered to take Seven and Renegade off mod status. They both told me they'd be leaving for a spell and I've been wishful that it would be a short spell. But it hasn't. :(

KFM officially "relaunched" on 2/2/2001 - the year of the gold snake (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/info/horoscope/horo_snake.php). When I say 'relaunched' it means that we had acquired the domain name some time before, but hadn't really done much with it. After all, those were the early years of the web. We inherited this forum shortly after from KFO, but I'm not exactly sure when.

Lucas
09-24-2009, 09:31 AM
is there a way to change the user name without setting up a new account?

Not as a standard user, to the best of my knowledge.

Lucas
09-24-2009, 09:32 AM
I found 7*

http://myspacecomedy.com/images/funny/katrina-beer-loot.jpg

rofl. funniest post of the day for sure.

Pork Chop
09-24-2009, 11:50 AM
I was here as lost disciple since like 98 or 99 when i was working for ibm
also posted as jowbacca and bmore banga
sometimes i miss the good ole days
robinf, rfm, bean curd, illusionfist (who i still chat with a bit), sharky, xebby, jeleisifu, subitai, and other's i've forgotten
never really got along with ryu, always got the feeling he was a troll or just full of it
7*'s on my myspace but i never go there anymore
haven't talked with renegade monk in forever but we were classmates in dc

sanjuro_ronin
09-24-2009, 12:03 PM
You all have puny post counts !!!
Pansies !!!

David Jamieson
09-24-2009, 12:50 PM
Pansies !!!

whachoo talkin bout willis? lol

I been here long time.

some guy named Steve Creel was running the joint back then and there were two places.

this one and cyberkwoon.

remember the lined paper look of the old site?

I'm surprised how many people are still here from that time.
Usually people drift away from forums, but this one has had a lot fo the same characters for a long time.

Many of at least 10 years.

I don't feel like I wasted any of it. :D Even when arguing with people!

especially that freaking ross dude. hahahahaaha.

SanHeChuan
09-24-2009, 01:19 PM
I've been here near 10 years also. :eek:

I took my moniker from Shaolin-Do and haven't changed it, even though I've left Shaolin-Do far far behind. I've been considering a new name. It would be nice if we could change our names with out loosing out post count. Gene get on it.

sanjuro_ronin
09-24-2009, 01:24 PM

I been here long time.

some guy named Steve Creel was running the joint back then and there were two places.

this one and cyberkwoon.

Usually people drift away from forums, but this one has had a lot fo the same characters for a long time.

10 years and 12K posts !
BWWAHHH !!!
I have over 10k and been here only 2 years !!
You weak chi'd woman !!
:p

Lokhopkuen
09-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Pansies !!!

He who practice no post :D

Lucas
09-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Ya i remember when SR started posting here....its all those hottie pics!

GeneChing
09-24-2009, 03:33 PM
... and I do take bribes.

Pork Chop
09-24-2009, 03:34 PM
I been here long time.
this one and cyberkwoon.

i remember the lined paper look, and the major color was blue instead of yellow
i do remember cyberkwoon but i didn't go there as much

What i think is the most odd is how over time we all started agreeing with each other, at least enough to recognize & respect the other person's opinion.
i can remember a time when reading posts by certain posters would have me arguing with them out loud, or just plain fuming, these days a lot of those same guys are my friends.

i don't consider any of it a waste of time either

Lucas
09-24-2009, 03:43 PM
how much does it cost to get my name changed to ChingGene

Water Dragon
09-24-2009, 03:48 PM
I've been here since late '98. I know because I had just gotten a tatoo of a dragon with water splashing around it. I needed a screen name...

For some reason, lately I've been feeling like the dude who's still hanging out at the party after everyone else has left. It's an odd feeling. Kinda like the 25 year old guy who's still hanging out with the high school kids in the parking lot.

David Jamieson
09-24-2009, 04:17 PM
I've been here since late '98. I know because I had just gotten a tatoo of a dragon with water splashing around it. I needed a screen name...

For some reason, lately I've been feeling like the dude who's still hanging out at the party after everyone else has left. It's an odd feeling. Kinda like the 25 year old guy who's still hanging out with the high school kids in the parking lot.

well, off you go then, out into the wild.

:p

GeneChing
09-24-2009, 05:12 PM
PC: It's not yellow. It's nacho (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37625) color.

L: That would cost more than you could afford. That would cost so much that if you had that much wealth, I'd want to get my name changed to CusLu.

WD: I currently train with two kids 1/3rd my age. 1-frigging-third! Talk about still hanging out with the high school kids.

DJ: I have no comment on your comment. I only have comments on everyone else's comment and didn't want you to feel left out. So that is my only comment on your comment.

RD'S Alias - 1A
09-24-2009, 06:23 PM
I have been here since the KFO days and remember the change over.Heck, it took me years before I stopped calling this place KFO.

Gene finally said something to me about it before i changed my habits.

I wish my Royal Dragon account worked on the main forum....my post count is all messed up!!

Pork Chop
09-24-2009, 07:35 PM

I know how you feel a lil bit
though it's not when i post here
it's moreso when i hang out at the mma gym
most of the guys there are so young
they never had to ask the question "does this work or not?" or filter out what works for them
they're completely confident that mma's gonna make them world beaters
they're sure that with 3 months of boxing training they can box with even the highest level of amateurs
they throw some random round kicks on the bag and think they're in a league with yodsenklai
huge generation gap that makes dealing with their inexperienced outlooks even harder to deal with.

Water Dragon
09-24-2009, 08:17 PM
I'm sure people were saying the same thing about you and I not so long ago.

sanjuro_ronin
09-25-2009, 05:46 AM
He who practice no post :D

You have no post?
Dude, sorry to hear that...

brothernumber9
09-25-2009, 08:25 AM
... and I do take bribes.

haha you said member names

MasterKiller
09-25-2009, 08:27 AM

*points and laughs*

Pork Chop
09-25-2009, 08:35 AM

no doubt
but in my case my senior classmates were quick to beat the cr@p outta me. hehe

David Jamieson
09-25-2009, 10:13 AM
Royal Dragon-

Excuse my impudence, but i find it quite hilarious that you are still mourning your lost account.

You gotta defeat those desires man, then the suffering will subside a little with each change.

:D

Pork Chop
09-25-2009, 10:17 AM
Royal Dragon-

Excuse my impudence, but i find it quite hilarious that you are still mourning your lost account.

You gotta defeat those desires man, then the suffering will subside a little with each change.

:D

yah, it'd be like me whining about my old post count & join date from my original account every other post... release your burden man... having a high post count & early join date only serves as evidence to your depravity... :D

Water Dragon
09-25-2009, 02:34 PM
having a high post count & early join date only serves as evidence to your depravity... :D

Hey now, I resemble that remark.

What up with Oktoberfest, Bro?

Pork Chop
09-25-2009, 03:33 PM
Hey now, I resemble that remark.

What up with Oktoberfest, Bro?

yah i was hopin the high post count would eventually lead to free skanks, or at least nachos, but that never panned out.

next weekend in fredericksburg, you down?
bunch of other friends coming, some even train.
flying saucer had something wednesday night, made the mistake of going to that one - been feeling like azz the rest of this week; but of course i feel like tying one on this weekend too hehe.