PDA

View Full Version : Seung Ga Faat to give a workshop/ seminar in Phila. Pa

seung ga faat
08-05-2001, 12:43 AM
I will be giving a workshop sometime this month in Phila Pa at Sifu Grant's . This is the first in an effort to break barriers between our two lineages. The workshop will tentatively cover Tong Long Baat Bo Kuen and Kung Lik Kuen two basic level forms. The workshop will last approx 6 hours at a cost of $99-$150. For more Info Contact Sifu Grant at DrkHellmet@aol.com
If you are interested in learning 7 Star with us this month at our first workshop send us an E mail.

Thanx, Sifu Othal Thomas

harkfu
08-06-2001, 05:17 AM
Sifu, Just returned from Europe. My job sent me to amsterdam. I know I haven't been to class in sometime but, I will return soon. Hey Loki, Whazzup.
You are the best Sifu and I am Glad to see you are spreading your knowledge to more and more students
:)

make me humble so, that I may learn
Harkfu

dedboy
08-06-2001, 02:56 PM
Just a suggstion, but maybe you should call Sifu Grant and let him know you're hosting a workshop at his place.

As of yesterday, he was under the impression you were just coming up to hang out.

BeiTangLang
08-06-2001, 03:07 PM
dedboy,...Are you a student of Mr.Grants? Tell him hello from Forth Worth if you are! (The Wookie said so! LOL!) Hope you guys get that figured out before the date rolls around. For those who choose to teach at other instructors schools,...PLEASE make your intentions clear when you talk about visiting! I have seen the unexpected "seminar" at X's school/kwoon happen way to often.
Best wishes to all,
BTL

"It's all the same; Only the names have changed........."

[This message was edited by BeiTangLang on 08-07-01 at 06:23 AM.]

BeiTangLang
08-06-2001, 03:19 PM
Do you have a web-site up?? I did a search on your name hoping to get some info on your style & qualifications & could not find anything. If you could give those, you will probrably get a better student population at any semiars that you teach.
Best wishes,
BTL

"It's all the same; Only the names have changed........."

dedboy
08-06-2001, 07:23 PM
Yes, We are fortunate (or unfortunate, if ask someone like 'Word' about our lineage) enough to have two 7-star instructors: Sifu Grant and Sifu Bwint.

Though they started out under someone else, and originally had sort of hodge-podge of mantis forms (7-star, 8-step, northern long fist), they've been incorporated into Jon Funk's lineage for the last several years, and now teach a strictly 7-star, Wo Hon Fon descended syllabus.

I'll certainly extend your regards.

seung ga faat
08-14-2001, 07:26 PM
There will be no workshop. I placed the post and notified Sifu Grant simultaneously and we never discussed the details a head of time.
The original agreement was for me to teach two forms. But, even that was not completely worked out. It was only agreed that he wanted his student to complete the gung lik form and the baat bo form. I hope this has not created rift between a student and his master or between myself and a new friend.

Thanx, Sifu Othal Thomas