PDA

View Full Version : Yang Hai DC/Maryland Xingyi Spear Seminar

Kenneth Fish
09-25-2009, 10:20 AM
Master Yang's Xingyi Spear seminar will take place on October 17th, 2009

The venue will inside beautiful Seneca Creek Park - we have rented a shelter/pavilion big enough to seat 200 people - or teach about 30 people with spears.

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/ ... eneca.html

This is the same location we have hosted several other seminars, most notably QIan Zhaohong, with good success. The shelter is big enough to provide protection for all from sun and rain, and is nestled in a heavily wooded area. It is about 35 minutes north of Washington D.C., off of Clopper Road. We will be in the Nuthatch Shelter - just turn right from the entrance to the park and look for the signs.

The curriculum:Master Yang will talk about the spear - its history, its special characteristics, and why spear training is a must to advance training in any Chinese martial art. You will learn:
1. How to choose a spear that is right for you (size, weight, etc)
2. The basic spear movements - mechanics and power generation
3. The relationships between spear movements and the basic movements of Xingyi (the five elements) - and how spear training will push your development of the proper power generation for each element.
4.The 5 Element spear individual movements and drills
5. Applications of the movements
6. An overview of the 5 element linked spear form

Its a lot to cover in one day - expect to be worked hard!

The seminar will run from 9:30 Am to about 5 PM (the park closes at dusk). We will break for lunch at noon, for about an hour.

As in the past, I will be catering the event as well!

The cost: $75 for the seminar, add $10 if you wish to partake in the buffet. (note - soft drinks only - although very good ones. The park has a no alcohol rule).

We are already about 2/3 filled on this seminar - contact me by email if you want to hold a place.
my email: kjfish@yahoo.com