Laukarbo
09-28-2009, 10:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-Cyv7S1YVE

sanjuro_ronin
09-29-2009, 05:46 AM
Nice work, thanks for the clip Bro.

TenTigers
09-29-2009, 08:03 AM
great clip. Do you have any of Ng-Sifu performing FHSYK-besides the two on youtube with the TSK emphasis?

chusauli
09-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Nice set. Good stuff.

Laukarbo
10-02-2009, 07:39 AM
great clip. Do you have any of Ng-Sifu performing FHSYK-besides the two on youtube with the TSK emphasis?

I have some clips where show some pieces of fu hok but not the complete...

small clip of me demoing tsk in a wing chu school...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1XLzMvq1Vo

sanjuro_ronin
10-02-2009, 10:01 AM
I have some clips where show some pieces of fu hok but not the complete...

small clip of me demoing tsk in a wing chu school...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1XLzMvq1Vo

Good work dude ;)

Steeeve
10-02-2009, 06:17 PM
bull**** thats it thats all:))

Laukarbo
10-03-2009, 01:06 AM
bull**** thats it thats all:))

i love u too ,kunt:rolleyes:

Lee Chiang Po
10-04-2009, 12:57 PM
I am not at all familiar with some of these different styles. This looks interesting, but I have no idea good or bad. Why is it done so hard? Is this for building power or something? Curious, not critical here. I have only Wing Chun, JJJ and basics in Sh!to Karate, but just enough karate to know it was not going to be all that important to me. So many forms to learn and I couldn't understand why. Anything outside these looks strange to me.

sanjuro_ronin
10-05-2009, 06:25 AM
The iron wire(thread) is an isokinetic form, it is a training form, it build strength an endurance in a very movement specific way.
The clips you see are VERY SMALL sections of the Iron wire.
The whole form can take as "little" as 10 min and as much as 20.

PM
10-05-2009, 01:19 PM
as well as 40 minutes

sanjuro_ronin
10-05-2009, 01:21 PM
as well as 40 minutes

That is a huge stretch, even 20 is pushing it.
I mean, not impossible but nowhere near the intensity that it should be done with.
Maybe if you were doing a "soft" version, but even then...

David Jamieson
10-05-2009, 03:39 PM
That is a huge stretch, even 20 is pushing it.
I mean, not impossible but nowhere near the intensity that it should be done with.
Maybe if you were doing a "soft" version, but even then...

standing post in between delineated segments is not unheard of.

so, you cuold stretch it out for a loooooooooonnnnnnng time if you wanted to.

lol, i don't know if you'd get much out of it if you went too long in standing post between segments though. Just enough for normalizing blood flow would be enough.

TenTigers
10-05-2009, 08:23 PM
IMHO, many of the moves and positions, in Hung-Ga forms (opening sections to be more specific) are in actuality static noi-gung postures, as well as moving hei-gung/lien-gung exercises, shown once, but intended to be extracted and done as separate exercises.
Taking this into consideration, TSK can indeed take much longer than 20 minutes to perform.

PM
10-06-2009, 03:31 AM
gong (hardness) is only one of the 12 concepts within the sets. interaction of gong (hardness) and yau (softness) play important role in the whole set. some movements are fast and explosive, other very slow; most of the postures you hold for a certain period of time (holding your breath after you have inhaled or after you have exhaled). 20 minutes is my low bottom - it usually takes me cca. 25-35 minutes, and it is not superslow version or holding the breath longer than is comfortable. this set is played differently then (the second halves of) gjffk or fhsyk

sanjuro_ronin
10-06-2009, 05:31 AM
Well, if you wanna "Iron vest" the iron wire, for lack of a better way of putting it, yeah, you can even make it last an hour or more.
Some advocate the "holy trinity" of the IW: Running the IW back to back 3X !
Again, there is not one way of doing it "set in stone" so, yes, there are m any variations and many modes.
So, yes, I will give you guys that.
It does make you wonder how the original was done though.

PM
10-06-2009, 07:14 AM
i got the advice (play tsk soft and slowly) how to do it from my sigung, Lam Jou - he is currently 100 currently 99 years old, so i guess it works for him :-)

no idea how Tit Kiu Saam's tsk looked like, but as for Lam Saiwing's tsk, i would say we are more than pretty close "the original".

all the best in your iron thread work out, does not matter how many minutes ;-)

sanjuro_ronin
10-06-2009, 07:27 AM
i got the advice (play tsk soft and slowly) how to do it from my sigung, Lam Jou - he is currently 100 currently 99 years old, so i guess it works for him :-)

no idea how Tit Kiu Saam's tsk looked like, but as for Lam Saiwing's tsk, i would say we are more than pretty close "the original".

all the best in your iron thread work out, does not matter how many minutes ;-)

And GM Lam was as strong as an ox, at least his grip was, if I recall.
I don't think we are talking "right or wrong" or anything like that, we are just exchanging views, that's all :D
To be trutful, I think we tend to do the IW as per our "requirments" at the time.
For myself, right now anyways, I don't have 20 min much less 40, to devote to "only" the IW.
So I do 10-12 minutes ( after warming up with some sarm bo jin) and after those minutes I an nice and sweaty with glistening muscles !!
:cool:
I do it after my IP, feels right to do it that way, though I know some that do it before IP.