PDA

View Full Version : Death Trance

Lucas
09-30-2009, 12:59 PM
Just watched this last night. Its one of those newer Japanese samurai-ish movies, stars Tak Sakaguchi, who i enjoy in these rolls, hes got a good sort of body language for these types of characters. Same guy that was the prisoner in Versus. Similar style, but I think better than Versus.

Story of a lone monk (Yűki Takeuchi ) in search of a forbidden coffin stolen from his temple that can bring about the end of the world via the goddess of destruction.

For what its worth Steven Seagal's son, Kentaro Seagal, is in the film too. small action scene.

I think there is a sequel, im not sure yet though.

There is this really funny scene where Tak's character has to fight these two vampires that hang out on ropes strung through the forest, but he cant get on the ropes.

Mainly what this film offers is the style of the director and the genre of the film itself.

Plus Hiroko Yashiki is SMOKIN HOT in this roll! she plays a mystical powerful sword weilding avatar to the goddess of destruction.

Jimbo
09-30-2009, 08:23 PM
Death Trance almost reminds me of a retro-'80s type film, what with the odd hairstyles, etc. It's a good movie, though I personally liked Versus better, in spite of its much lower budget. It's been a while since I saw it, but my favorite fight in Death Trance was the part where Tak Sakaguchi was fighting a female and started using jiu-jitsu grappling on her.

Sakaguchi's all over the place in Japanese action cinema. The most recent release I've seen is Samurai School.

Mr Punch
10-01-2009, 05:55 AM
A mate of mine is in that: 'Muscleman' is my sometime wing chun student and sometime TKD/movie action teacher.

Here's his and Hiroko's latest demo reel: Yassy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6drp3PnWDfg). The Yakuza boss in that reel is another good friend of mine who's just wrapped a bit part in Christopher Nolan's 'Inception'. I think the demo reel's the same director/choreographer as Death Trance and Chuck's latest trilogy (as yet unreleased) Yakuza Hunter.

Mr Punch
10-01-2009, 06:01 AM
Yeah, this (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1647538/) is the guy... didn't know Versus was his too.