PDA

View Full Version : Weapons, Qi Gong, Forms, etc... In 8 Step

yingching
07-20-2001, 07:37 PM
On another thread, someone said that 8 Step evolved(so to speak) out of 7 Star, is this true? Do the 8 step practitioners play any of the 7 Star Forms? Is there Chi Gung Sets unique to the 8 Step System? Also, what weapons do the 8 step students use?
Just trying to learn(understand) more about the system. I appreciate some good informative answers.
Does anyone in the NY area host any 8 Step Seminars? If so, where are they posted?

BeiTangLang
07-22-2001, 07:37 PM
Yes, 8-step is based upon 7* created around the turn of the 20th century by chiang hua long...according to the website. It would be somewhat reasonable to guess that many of their forms are revised 7* forms (foot-work wise) and are not new creations. As to the other questions,...a practitioner of that art would have to answer.
Best of luck in your search,
BTL

"It's all the same; Only the names have changed........."

Nutt'nhunny
07-22-2001, 10:05 PM
I thought it was a *******ization of plum flower? How pretty. :rolleyes:

BeiTangLang
07-22-2001, 10:19 PM
I said according to the website....

"It's all the same; Only the names have changed........."

EARTH DRAGON
07-23-2001, 12:23 AM
We for the most part use our own forms i,e da fan chi, lipi, lanjie which I beleive some can be found in other mantis styles. As for weapons they are basically all the typical CMA, and the 3 sectional staff master Wei Xiao Tung was exceptional at. We have qi-gong in our system i,e 8 directional, hard and soft forms, internal and ex. If you would like to come to seminar at our school please check our site and register and we will contact you via email thanks for your interest

http://www.kungfuUSA.net

yingching
07-25-2001, 06:11 PM
EarthDragon,
Da Fan Che is practiced in the 7 Star System. How does your version of it start out?
What are the names of some of your weapon sets? Wondering if the are the same or similar sets...

EARTH DRAGON
07-25-2001, 07:22 PM
da fan chi starts out with a mantis stance,falling stance followed by four big rolling wheels with 4 (Ti) foot sweepsits the same as seven star I believe though I have never seen a seven star practioner perform them.what other stes do you have? we have
chi sao
chao fan chi
lipi
da fan chi
lan jie
are these similar to yours?

http://www.kungfuUSA.net

yingching
07-25-2001, 09:23 PM
There is a complete list of forms at our school web site
RochesterKungFu.com

Next weekend our school has Sifu Fogg coming in from Texas, he will be teaching:
Double Daggers vs. Spear
Gune lek Kuen Ching Mo/ Mantis Strength Building Set

Sounds like your Big Wheel Fist may be somewhat similar to ours...