PDA

View Full Version : Southern Chi iron Shirt Internal Power and why Wing Chun sucks;)

diego
09-30-2009, 08:15 PM
lol wing Chun is rad but I made a thread saying it wasn't a few years ago, now I understand why...Wing chun only trains short muscle fibers they don't really do the type IIb explosive fibers which come from training big exagerated motions...if a child just does Wing Chun dances he will be weak compared to his southern brother who combines wrestling and large kick boxing motions like we see in Muay Thai...muay thai is better than wing chun because they train under pressure more and use greater range of muscular potential.

I just bought a copy of LSW Iron Thread book and from the descriptions I see that the monks developed forms that build the stabilizing muscles used in the actions of DEADLIFTING the weight which is a major action for the working class...they say Iron wire makes you 9 times stronger and internal power creates peace of mind...deadlifting 700 pounds creates a thickness in the core stabilizing muscles I'm sure Hung Ga folks strive for and the release of chemicals from that peak of so much exertion would get you high as a kite, and that's where Southern Chi Gong or internal fighting power comes in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HuVxRwOuZk

Western science blossomed around 1500 when they made disection legal the machinery that came out within the next few hundered years was developed from studying the engineering of the internal human body...westerners were in china at this time trying to steal it, we hear about Brits bringing opium to china trying to get the good silk hook ups...what about the flip side, did any professional China men incorporate western science into there gung fu?.

I need some links for this research paper I'm planning to get rich from:D

does any one have any insite into what I wrote?

I'm amazed china hasn't hooked up wires to all the masters to promote the physical culture...these types of works are just coming out...
Tai Chi Chuan (TCC, TC, T’ai Chi, or Taiji) was originally developed as a
form of martial arts. It has been used for centuries in China as a health exercise
for a wide age range but has particularly been popular among the elderly. The
basic exercise involved in TCC is a series of individual movements that are
linked together in a continuous manner and that flow smoothly from one movement
to another. Deep breathing and mental concentration are also required to
achieve harmony between the body and the mind in TCC. Thus, TCC is not only
a physical activity, but it also involves the training of the nervous system. In particular,
people practice TCC for the development of mind-body interaction,
breath regulation with body movement, eye-hand coordination, and a peaceful
state of mind. In addition, TCC can be practiced any time and in any place
because it needs neither wide space nor any equipment. The simple, soft, and
fluid movements of TCC are ideal for older people regardless of previous exercise
experience. Today, it has spread to many countries worldwide, and millions
of people in both Eastern and Western countries and cultures are practicing TCC.
More importantly, it has been widely accepted as an exercise form for health and
fitness benefits.
To our knowledge, the first paper in English that presented an experimental
study on TCC was published in the 1980s. With the prevalence of an aging
population worldwide and with the concomitant increases in expenditure for the
relief of chronic disease and disability, interest in TCC has continued to grow.
Published results from well-controlled studies about the effects of TCC, particularly
those focusing on the elderly, have added to an understanding of the characteristics
of TCC movement and its impact on health. Based on the published
literature, TCC can seemingly equal all of the exercise demands that elderly
people require. Additionally, TCC seems to have the potential to considerably
reduce expenditure associated with poor health because it facilitates a lifestyle
that promotes the well-being of people of all ages. However, before endorsing
these broad observations, two relevant questions must be addressed. What evidence
actually exists to suggest that TCC affords any health benefits? Then, if
such benefits indeed exist, what are their underlying mechanisms? In light of
these, the aim of this book is to reflect current studies focusing on the characteristics
of this intriguing form of exercise, their impact on the participants’
health, and the scientific basis of the beneficial effects of TCC on health and
fitness.
This book is the first collection of scientific studies on TCC in the world.
It is organized into four sections, each containing four to seven chapters, totaling
to twenty-two chapters. The first section addresses ‘the biomechanical and
physiological characteristics of Tai Chi’ in seven chapters. The opening chapter
highlights the temporal characteristics of foot movement in TCC by Youlian
Hong and colleagues, which is followed by the chapter exploring heart rate
responses and oxygen consumption during TCC practice by Ching Lan and colleagues.
The third chapter, by Dong Qing Xu and colleagues, introduces TCC
and muscle strength and endurance in older people. Then Ge Wu discusses the
muscle action patterns and isokinetic knee extensor strength of older TCC practitioners.
The fifth chapter, contributed by Ruth Taylor-Piliae and colleagues,
describes how TCC aids in improving aerobic capacity, while in the sixth chapter,
Everard W. Thornton discusses on how TCC helps in improving cardiorespiratory
capacity. The section concludes with the chapter that describes the
effects of a traditional taiji/qigong curriculum on older adults’ immune
response to influenza vaccine as contributed by Yang Yang and colleagues.
The second section highlights the benefits of TCC in terms of balance control
and fall prevention in five chapters. The section begins with the chapter on
TCC and proprioceptive behavior in older people as contributed by Jing Xian Li
and colleagues. The second chapter, written by Strawberry Gatts, addresses the
issue of neural mechanism underlying balance control in TCC. Then William
W.N. Tsang and Christina W.Y. Hui-Chan discuss how repeated practice of Tai
Chi can improve limb joint proprioception, integration of neural signals in the
central nervous system for balance control, and motor output at the level of
knee muscles. The fourth chapter, contributed by Alice M.K. Wong and Ching
Lan, discusses the effects of TCC on balance and posture control in elderly
people. Finally, Peter A. Harmer and Fuzhong Li describe TCC and fall prevention
in older people.
The third section focuses on the mental health and social aspects of TCC and
consists of four chapters. Yong ‘Tai’Wang addresses TCC and the improvement
of mental and physical health among college students, which is followed by the
chapter on the effects of TCC on depressive symptoms in elderly people by
Kee-Lee Chou. In the third chapter, Matthew Kwai-sang Yau discusses TCC
and the improvement of health and wellbeing in older adults. The section ends
with the chapter written by Robert B. Wall who focuses on teaching TCC with
mindfulness-based stress reduction to middle school children in the inner city,
which is a review of related literature and approaches.
Six chapters in the fourth or the last section demonstrate the application of
TCC in clinical intervention. For this purpose, Penelope J. Klein introduces
TCC in the management of Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease, and
Ching Lan and colleagues address TCC training for individuals with coronary
heart disease. Then, Gloria Y. Yeh and colleagues describe TCC in individuals
with chronic heart failure, and Karen M. Mustian and colleagues show the
effects of TCC on functional capacity and quality of life among breast cancer
survivors. The fifth chapter, contributed by Chenchen Wang, is focused on the
topic ‘Tai Chi Improves Pain and Functional Status in Adults with Rheumatoid
Arthritis: Results of a Pilot Single-Blinded Randomized Controlled Trial’.
Finally, the book ends with the chapter on the effects of TCC on diabetic individuals
as reported by Jing Hao Wang.
The contributors to this book are recognized scholars who have all provided
original and relevant research articles to the international TCC literature.
The chapters they contributed not only provide good examples of how to use
TCC in health promotion but also explore the underlying mechanism of the
beneficial effects of TCC. The editor is indebted to them for their high-quality
contributions.
Youlian Hong

TCC State of the art in international research Y.Hong

Mantak Chia in his Iron Shirt book mentions castrates become feminine after being cut and Gung Fu is based on the management of the internal organs and the Endocrine glands.
increase the flow hormones produced by the endocrine glands, building up the immune system...the sexual (creative) energy produced as a result is another source of chi energy which may later be transformed into spirtual energy.

what is this (creative) energy? is this greater awareness of the nerves from pent up sexual frustration?

When a convict get electrocuted they say the muscles contract at 100 % ripping the tendons right off the bones...we have that power but usually only use under 30% of action potential. Our mind creates a shape which bundles our nerves limiting flexibility, it isn't usually that the muscle is tight it's the fact that you can't loosen up...

I'll add on, please fill in some insight if any ideas arise in your noodle:cool:

Hendrik
09-30-2009, 09:21 PM
hahaha, well, you sure think you are right.

could you
please kindly explain what does the Clip you post above cultivate?

Thanks.

TenTigers
09-30-2009, 09:34 PM
wow, I checked out his iron wire set-um...very different than alot of what I am used to seeing-and I have seen many authentic lines of Hung Kuen, if ya catch my drift...
BUT..that in no way compared to the WCK Siu Lim Tau. Hendrick, you would enjoy this clip.
Not only that, but read the comments on youtube. tell me this school doesn't sound a bit...cultish. Who are they?

Hendrik
09-30-2009, 10:38 PM
Tentigers,

Thanks.

I checked out the little idea.

These days, I expresss WCK with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQVeaIHWWck&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZHw9uyj81g&feature=related
or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkoX8CmHXew&feature=fvw

So, I walk a very different path compare with the main stream practice.
What most describe as internal is not internal for me at all..
internal needs to be able to let go and let the nature unwrap itself.... the power is from getting back to the nature instead to make something or do something.

BTW WCK doesnt need those Chi Iron Shirt. WCK can dissolve incoming force softly.

If Jim is here. since we meet weeks ago.
Probably Jim can describe what I mean better then me.

David Jamieson
10-01-2009, 10:12 AM
wow, I checked out his iron wire set-um...very different than alot of what I am used to seeing-and I have seen many authentic lines of Hung Kuen, if ya catch my drift...
BUT..that in no way compared to the WCK Siu Lim Tau. Hendrick, you would enjoy this clip.
Not only that, but read the comments on youtube. tell me this school doesn't sound a bit...cultish. Who are they?

This particular sifu is in London, Ontario, Canada.

I know one of his students who now has his own club.

Their curriculum covers traditional stuff as well as jj and mma stuff with emphasis on practical application. Students compete regularly in traditional, san shou and mma events where available and when ready.

It's not typical at all. Yep, it's different.
It is called Northern Black Dragon.

Lai See
10-02-2009, 03:57 AM
So, I walk a very different path compare with the main stream practice.
internal needs to be able to let go and let the nature unwrap itself.... the power is from getting back to the nature instead to make something or do something.

Well, I tell you what, from what you describe above you walk the same path as I.
:)

TenTigers
10-02-2009, 07:34 AM
Hendrick-their chum-kiu is even more ...unique.

Hendrik
10-02-2009, 10:50 AM
Well, I tell you what, from what you describe above you walk the same path as I.

Could you please describe your path? what is your stlye and what is your training process?

sanjuro_ronin
10-02-2009, 11:13 AM
This particular sifu is in London, Ontario, Canada.

I know one of his students who now has his own club.

Their curriculum covers traditional stuff as well as jj and mma stuff with emphasis on practical application. Students compete regularly in traditional, san shou and mma events where available and when ready.

It's not typical at all. Yep, it's different.
It is called Northern Black Dragon.

Yes, I think I know this guy, that is not a Hung Kuen version of the iron wire, it has nothing at all to do with HK.
To be honest the name should be changed :p

Hendrik
10-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Hendrick-their chum-kiu is even more ...unique.

Tentigers,

Thanks! will certainly take a look!

Steeeve
10-02-2009, 11:53 AM
thats funny stuff:)

TenTigers
10-02-2009, 02:08 PM
Yes, I think I know this guy, that is not a Hung Kuen version of the iron wire, it has nothing at all to do with HK.
To be honest the name should be changed :p
The weird thing is, He is trying to perform the Hung Kuen version. The names, postures(albiet poorly executed) are the Hung version, it's just that his execution is so poor, that it there is no resemblance.
But, yeah, he does have really long arms.

Steeeve
10-02-2009, 05:14 PM
welcome to the circle (circle) with the clows... le circle du soleil is in the space
thats just fu.,,,, clowns stuiff :D

burningmonk
10-03-2009, 09:04 AM
I know the guy, I trained with him briefly when I was a kid (18), and was smart enough to see that he was a joke.

Those that stay with him aren't so bright, as it is obvious to see by reading their psuedo-asian philosophy comments on his U-Tube videos.

It is my understanding that he learned what he knows from Kung Fu Movies and Instructional videos---having too much of an ego to actually learn from a real teacher.

When your 'Sifu' can trace his lineage from Blue-Ray back to DVD, Through VHS and to Grand Master Betamax, maybe you should consider another teacher? Of course if you think that doing 'musical' forms to bad asian music is authentic Kung Fu, then you get what you deserve.

He is proud that he can put the gloves on against his sons---congradulations he has a mean streak and can beat up on his sons.

The fact is, those that know better can just watch the videos and see the truth. The guy thinks that because his heritage is better, that somehow means that his Kung Fu is good (my teacher quoted him as once saying: "Chau once said 'all kung fu came from chinese", "I'm chinese" "therefore I can make it up and I'm right."'

Hey, I have all the respect in the world for the Chinese, and I love Kung Fu. But being Chinese does not make your Kung Fu better than anyone elses. And if he is so proud to be Chinese, he should go and celebrate the 60th anniversary of Communist China. Giving up all all his freedom to act like a fool might make him rethink his position.

"'I'm chinese' 'therefore I can make it up and I'm right.'" What are you going to do with all your Chinese heritage Chau? Give me a glass of poisonous milk, or give me some lead tainted toys to play with?

TenTigers
10-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Hey Man, don't knock it. I know some guys whose lineage goes all the way back to super 8.

Lai See
10-06-2009, 02:02 AM
Could you please describe your path? what is your stlye and what is your training process?

A straight one, uphill and with some difficult and loose footing. Can't quite see its end, although its always tangible.

Pak Mei.

Classical, simple, repetetive, hard, physical, uncomplicated and unconcerned with nomenclature and what isn't there.

Hendrik
10-06-2009, 10:24 AM
A straight one, uphill and with some difficult and loose footing. Can't quite see its end, although its always tangible.

Pak Mei.

Classical, simple, repetetive, hard, physical, uncomplicated and unconcerned with nomenclature and what isn't there.

Your path is extremely different from mine. That is forsure.

Boomerang instead of Straight is my path.

TCMA internal path such as Taiji, Emei......is Boomerang and cyclic.

David Jamieson
10-06-2009, 11:42 AM
I know the guy, I trained with him briefly when I was a kid (18), and was smart enough to see that he was a joke.

Those that stay with him aren't so bright, as it is obvious to see by reading their psuedo-asian philosophy comments on his U-Tube videos.

It is my understanding that he learned what he knows from Kung Fu Movies and Instructional videos---having too much of an ego to actually learn from a real teacher.

When your 'Sifu' can trace his lineage from Blue-Ray back to DVD, Through VHS and to Grand Master Betamax, maybe you should consider another teacher? Of course if you think that doing 'musical' forms to bad asian music is authentic Kung Fu, then you get what you deserve.

He is proud that he can put the gloves on against his sons---congradulations he has a mean streak and can beat up on his sons.

The fact is, those that know better can just watch the videos and see the truth. The guy thinks that because his heritage is better, that somehow means that his Kung Fu is good (my teacher quoted him as once saying: "Chau once said 'all kung fu came from chinese", "I'm chinese" "therefore I can make it up and I'm right."'

Hey, I have all the respect in the world for the Chinese, and I love Kung Fu. But being Chinese does not make your Kung Fu better than anyone elses. And if he is so proud to be Chinese, he should go and celebrate the 60th anniversary of Communist China. Giving up all all his freedom to act like a fool might make him rethink his position.

"'I'm chinese' 'therefore I can make it up and I'm right.'" What are you going to do with all your Chinese heritage Chau? Give me a glass of poisonous milk, or give me some lead tainted toys to play with?

lol. man, you got some issues with this guy.

You need to work that stuff out man. lol

As an aside, you do realize that "Chinese" isn't restricted to China, particularly mainland china and communist china right? Now those folks are Chinese too, but certainly not everyone of Chinese decent subscribes to the ways of the PRC.

such splendid vitriol, why waste it here when you could go straight to the source and expend it there! :p

Lai See
10-07-2009, 05:05 AM
Your path is extremely different from mine. That is forsure.

Boomerang instead of Straight is my path.

TCMA internal path such as Taiji, Emei......is Boomerang and cyclic.

One one hand, yeah, OK 'whatever'.

On the other hand, sod this .... I shall finish what I started.

A boomerang is an object, a common noun thus a path moreso a description of the nature of a path it cannot be.
Perhaps you meant 'bent' akin to the shape of a boomerang. Or perhaps you meant that your path is elipitical as in the nature of the trajectory OF a boomerang. Even so, something that returns to its point of origin is not cyclic in itself, it needs to reccur.

You see, what you typed in your previous post shown below in bold struck me as pertaining to say that all this stuff is in fact quite simple and it simply takes practice, a lot of hard practice and dedication <oh look mum, kung fu>.

But, it seems that I was in fact quite wrong, and you appear, at least to me, to be making something.

However, maybe English isn't your first language and I (we) are caught up in semantics. If so, then my 'bad'.