PDA

View Full Version : State your main reason for posting on this forum

Iron_Eagle_76
10-13-2009, 09:04 AM
Entertainment purposes aside, what would you consider the primary reason you post on this forum. Personally I enjoy discussing the evolution of Kung Fu and how it applies in combat sports. Also, the sport vs. traditional debates, although at times monotonous, can be entertaining.

P.S. I have "the real" Kung Fu:D

David Jamieson
10-13-2009, 09:46 AM
kungfu community

Lokhopkuen
10-13-2009, 10:15 AM
To share and exchange ideas with fellows of like mind.

David Jamieson
10-13-2009, 10:26 AM
To share and exchange ideas with fellows of like mind.

semantics! :p

Ray Pina
10-13-2009, 10:43 AM
To stay connected with what's going on in Kung Fu circles, to gain some wisdom or understanding on a wide range of subjects, to hope in finding someone with skills that impress me that I could learn from, to talk $hit from time to time.

lkfmdc
10-13-2009, 10:49 AM
I am here to watch something I once loved and devoted a great deal of my life to slowly wither away and turn to crap... so far, the progress has been remarkable

Ray Pina
10-13-2009, 10:52 AM
****. That must be hard for you... just realized the amount of time you devoted to Kung Fu. I only put in about 8 years.

Ray Pina
10-13-2009, 10:53 AM
You and your brothers even know Chinese.

solo1
10-13-2009, 11:43 AM
since we are scattered all over the world and function in tight knit groups its good to talk with guys of other systems with like ideas. Its a form of comradarie.

GeneChing
10-13-2009, 12:12 PM
...and other stuff (http://www.martialartsmart.com/index.html). Ninja suits (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=846) are the latest.

Seriously, it's a great hub for general news. With so many forum eyes on the media, I love the news postings. There's some good research if you know where to look and who to read. It's also good just to chat with people, get their opinions, and like Ray says, talk some smack now and again.

Don't forget to subscribe (http://www.martialartsmart.com/19341.html).

sanjuro_ronin
10-13-2009, 12:19 PM
I am here to watch something I once loved and devoted a great deal of my life to slowly wither away and turn to crap... so far, the progress has been remarkable

Your just ****ed off because your beloved kung fu is being screwed like a pron star wearing nuns clothing.

lkfmdc
10-13-2009, 12:35 PM
Your just ****ed off because your beloved kung fu is being screwed like a pron star wearing nuns clothing.

this thread is worthless without pics

TenTigers
10-13-2009, 01:11 PM
to seek out new life, to boldly go where..um, wait, no, that's not it...

sanjuro_ronin
10-13-2009, 01:38 PM
this thread is worthless without pics

You wanna get me banned so badly !!
LOL !!
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x169/mijn_2007/hotnun.jpg

Boston Bagua
10-13-2009, 02:59 PM
OMG!

Why did I leave the church at 15????

Oh yeah, the hands on priests....

GeneChing
10-13-2009, 03:03 PM
We're still here, lkfmdc. It won't turn to crap as long as we still practice it. It may be crap elsewhere, but who cares? They will all fall at our feet when they feel the true power of our kung fu. Or, at the very least, we'll kick their sorry asses off the leitai. ;)

uki
10-13-2009, 03:07 PM
i'm here to drop boulders into the puddles...

dcrjradmonish
10-13-2009, 03:09 PM
To gain more knowledge and insight on subjects I have studied. To seek answers to questions I wonder about.

Boston Bagua
10-13-2009, 03:09 PM
We're still here, lkfmdc. It won't turn to crap as long as we still practice it. It may be crap elsewhere, but who cares? They will all fall at our feet when they feel the true power of our kung fu. Or, at the very least, we'll kick their sorry asses off the leitai. ;)

Amen brother.

Lokhopkuen
10-13-2009, 07:23 PM
semantics! :p

U'r so strange david:cool:

SPJ
10-13-2009, 07:40 PM
You wanna get me banned so badly !!
LOL !!
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x169/mijn_2007/hotnun.jpg

OMG.

She is a sister.

but those melons look fake.

:D

Scott R. Brown
10-13-2009, 07:42 PM

But, historically speaking, there have always been teachers of crap!

I am here for the camaraderie and intellectual stimulation. Most of my life is an intellectual wasteland. My job is about as boring as he!!

It is also part of my training!:D

taai gihk yahn
10-13-2009, 07:43 PM
To $how that ¢rime doe$ not pay! (well, at least when I am in character as the Masked Accountant (http://www.airshipentertainment.com/growfcomic.php?date=20071216); otherwise, I'm here for the bewbie pics Sanjuro posts, to help out Scot_ whenever he needs to be killed in a pinch, to remind Ross that one can never stack too many ha gow tins and, of course, to debate the dialectical syncretic nature of martial arts evolution)

SPJ
10-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Entertainment purposes aside, what would you consider the primary reason you post on this forum. Personally I enjoy discussing the evolution of Kung Fu and how it applies in combat sports. Also, the sport vs. traditional debates, although at times monotonous, can be entertaining.

P.S. I have "the real" Kung Fu:D

I already know a few people posting here and so I signed on.

At first, just read.

started to post some info and then whatever I find on the net that may deserve attention.

---

it is a place for exchange of info, both private and public.

:cool:

Taryn P.
10-14-2009, 12:14 AM
I wanted to learn something about other styles/traditions than the ones I had experienced, so as to have a broader range of knowledge about MA in general. I also like to hear different perspectives from people who have varying MA backgrounds.

goju
10-14-2009, 12:30 AM
i come here to troll shaolin do guys:D
its my lifes passion

Lucas
10-14-2009, 01:31 PM
I first signed up here to learn more about kungfu that i have no connection to. to learn from anyone that has experience i feel i can glean off of a forum. believe it or not, there are quite a few people here who share some treasures, and some wonderful insight and experiences regarding certain ideas and practices.

now, that all still remains, but it is also for entertainment, and now a community that i have belonged to for several years, so postin here has become one of my own traditions.

oh and SRs pics....i show up for those too.

i personally dont start any grudges with others here and just absorb what i feel is worthwhile, laugh at whats funny, and ignore the ignorance. ;)

banditshaw
10-14-2009, 04:45 PM
OMG!

Why did I leave the church at 15????

Oh yeah, the hands on priests....

Sooo that explains the Kilt!! Easy Access?? :eek:

I kid I kid... please don't Iron Palm me into oblivion:(

Back to the topic....
I come here mainly for Sanjuro's Pics and to read the banter and arguing between Grown Men who happen to be prominent Sifu's and Coaches (I see you Ross and Kisu). But really though, I enjoy the camaraderie and sometimes nuggets of good information.

Peace.

SIFU RON
10-14-2009, 05:01 PM
it's a great place to view the opinions of Kung Fu folks of all ages , era's, and locations.

And

it's beats the hell out of watching " Laurel and Hardy "

Benefit:

I have met some good people from this forum.

;)

bawang
10-14-2009, 07:46 PM
i come to this forum to look at sanjuro ronins internet lady prostitue picture s
they sre very nice!s

SIFU RON
10-14-2009, 08:13 PM
HAHAHA your funny Bawang LOL ;)

uki
10-14-2009, 10:50 PM
HAHAHA your funny Bawang LOL the more excited he gets, the worse his english becomes. :p

Li Kao
10-15-2009, 01:21 AM
I initially came here just to see what was being talked about by other practitioners and to gleam/share information, ideas, etc. with others passionate about martial arts. My kung fu schools have all been small with the whole family-type vibe. Nearly all of my friends growing up, or even now, could care less about martial arts, so it's nice to have a place where we have all share a common interest. Despite all our differences, you have to realize that we are all a very small minority in the grand scheme.

uki
10-15-2009, 01:25 AM
Nearly all of my friends growing up, or even now, could care less about martial arts, so it's nice to have a place where we have all share a common interest. Despite all our differences, you have to realize that we are all a very small minority in the grand scheme.very well said...

Iron_Eagle_76
10-15-2009, 05:05 AM
I initially came here just to see what was being talked about by other practitioners and to gleam/share information, ideas, etc. with others passionate about martial arts. My kung fu schools have all been small with the whole family-type vibe. Nearly all of my friends growing up, or even now, could care less about martial arts, so it's nice to have a place where we have all share a common interest. Despite all our differences, you have to realize that we are all a very small minority in the grand scheme.

Excellent Point,

Just don't ask us to hold hands and sing "We are the World":D

uki
10-15-2009, 05:17 AM
Just don't ask us to hold hands and sing "We are the World"if we were the world, it would truly be ****ed! :)

David Jamieson
10-15-2009, 06:31 AM
if we were the world, it would truly be ****ed! :)

why?

Are you not confident that you can do the right thing when required?
If that is done, then all is well.

:)

uki
10-15-2009, 07:18 AM
why?it's called humour... i envisioned all the forum members as being heads of state and such - perhaps i was the only one who chuckled...

Are you not confident that you can do the right thing when required?yet you said yourself that duality is an illusion - i will be able to do what needs to be done, yes. :p

If that is done, then all is well.all is well regardless of what is done. :cool:

David Jamieson
10-15-2009, 07:27 AM
it's called humour... i envisioned all the forum members as being heads of state and such - perhaps i was the only one who chuckled...
yet you said yourself that duality is an illusion - i will be able to do what needs to be done, yes. :pall is well regardless of what is done. :cool:

There are thousands of forum members, some of whom may very well be as qualified as any to be a head of state. :)

duality is an illusion, but it is one which we are bound to in this form as a human unless we decide to remove ourselves from humanity to observe the non dualistic nature of the universe. Which is premature in my opinion as that will be revealed upon death anyway, or not, but at that point, it won't matter. Better to live with everyone else and enjoy that. :)

"well" is relative to circumstance. All is not necessarily well for everyone. (dualism) :)

SPJ
10-15-2009, 09:01 AM
I am here mostly for the sake of brotherhood of fellow practitioners regardless of styles and origins of countries and cultures.

no ghey business here.

:D

Li Kao
10-16-2009, 01:02 AM
Excellent Point,

Just don't ask us to hold hands and sing "We are the World":D

Ok, how about "Kumbaya" then?

Actually though, I left out what I meant to be the 2nd part of my post, which was to say that the reason I stick around is that a lot of y'all are some funny mofos, and I appreciate that not everything here is taken to life-and-death extremes (though even the heated flame wars are entertaining, at times).

In other words, carry on chuckleheads! ;)