PDA

View Full Version : Sparring Invitation

Lindley
10-15-2009, 10:02 AM
We are looking for a small group (5 to 10) willing to have a "Friendship Exchange". This is a meeting to have a full contact sparring session based on the rules to be provided.

Our sparring sessions are designed to allow students to express their skills in the safest environment. We are not interested in tournament sparring or simply scoring points. The session is NOT a cardio workout. Our purpose is to provide our guys with the experience of people they do not know with a style and techniques they are not familiar with. It is completely meant to be a learning experience, for both sides, solely for the benefit of the individuals. It is in any way, shape, or form any proof of superiority of a style, school, or teacher. Students will be protected in the best manner possible against injury.

We are in the Philadelphia area. We can travel to the NYC, NJ, DE, or Maryland areas. Otherwise you are welcome to travel to us. If you are interested. please email sifuj@aol.com.

uki
10-16-2009, 02:28 PM
my dad lives in hatboro... what non-co-incidence... check yer email. :)

Phil Redmond
10-19-2009, 08:31 PM
We are looking for a small group (5 to 10) willing to have a "Friendship Exchange". This is a meeting to have a full contact sparring session based on the rules to be provided.

Our sparring sessions are designed to allow students to express their skills in the safest environment. We are not interested in tournament sparring or simply scoring points. The session is NOT a cardio workout. Our purpose is to provide our guys with the experience of people they do not know with a style and techniques they are not familiar with. It is completely meant to be a learning experience, for both sides, solely for the benefit of the individuals. It is in any way, shape, or form any proof of superiority of a style, school, or teacher. Students will be protected in the best manner possible against injury.

We are in the Philadelphia area. We can travel to the NYC, NJ, DE, or Maryland areas. Otherwise you are welcome to travel to us. If you are interested. please email sifuj@aol.com.
We have people who'd be interested in South Jersey and in NYC. I'll PM you my email addy.

mjw
10-21-2009, 10:21 PM
If anyone will be near Chicago to spar hit me up....

k gledhill
10-24-2009, 07:00 AM
I do a wed eve class at the same place Redmond sifu does his class, if wed works your welcome to come and mix it up.
kev

Yoshiyahu
10-26-2009, 07:55 AM
If anyone will be near Chicago to spar hit me up....

Are you located in Chi Chicago...What Lineage of Wing Chun is taught there?

Phil Redmond
10-26-2009, 06:11 PM

I PM'd my email and haven't heard from you yet.

Phil Redmond
10-26-2009, 06:13 PM
I do a wed eve class at the same place Redmond sifu does his class, if wed works your welcome to come and mix it up.
kev
And I'm a the same place every Sat. from 3:30pm to 5:30pm
64 E. 4th St. 4th floor NYC. I'm also in Mt Laurel, NJ which is a lot closer to Philly.

Sihing73
10-26-2009, 07:00 PM
And I'm a the same place every Sat. from 3:30pm to 5:30pm
64 E. 4th St. 4th floor NYC. I'm also in Mt Laurel, NJ which is a lot closer to Philly.

Phil,

I would like to get together next time I am in town. Looking to be around Christmas or New Years. Winner buys lunch so I guess you will be winning ;)

I have a big appetite and I haven't had a Cheesesteak in a while so make sure to bring your wallet :D

mjw
10-26-2009, 11:17 PM
Are you located in Chi Chicago...What Lineage of Wing Chun is taught there?

My Sifu's lineage comes originally from Steve Lee Swift and later Augustine Fong.
www.mukjong.com whough thats a rather old webpage.

There is another guy that comes from WSL's lineage in Hong Kong plus a few others but not too many more than that out here when it comes to Wing Chun anyways.

Yoshiyahu
10-28-2009, 01:08 PM
My Sifu's lineage comes originally from Steve Lee Swift and later Augustine Fong.
www.mukjong.com whough thats a rather old webpage.

There is another guy that comes from WSL's lineage in Hong Kong plus a few others but not too many more than that out here when it comes to Wing Chun anyways.

how did you like steve swifts wing chun...how much did he actually teach you...

Did you take his private lessons to learn more?

Lindley
10-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Sifu Redmond,

I have not received any information from you.

thanks

mjw
10-28-2009, 10:53 PM
how did you like steve swifts wing chun...how much did he actually teach you...

Did you take his private lessons to learn more?

Well before when I trained with my Sifu I got into the second form and the begining of the dummy set. Then I took a 10 year break from Wing Chun and came back though he no longer has an actual gym but he teaches out of his garage so it is almost privates/ semiprivates now and he has added some modifications/refinements from Augustine Fong..... I like what I learn there thats for sure.

Yoshiyahu
10-29-2009, 11:09 AM
Well before when I trained with my Sifu I got into the second form and the begining of the dummy set. Then I took a 10 year break from Wing Chun and came back though he no longer has an actual gym but he teaches out of his garage so it is almost privates/ semiprivates now and he has added some modifications/refinements from Augustine Fong..... I like what I learn there thats for sure.

oh great sounds really cool...what modification and refinements did he add?

Phil Redmond
10-29-2009, 05:58 PM
Sifu Redmond,

I have not received any information from you.

thanks
I PM'd you my personal email addy. But you can email me at sifu@wckwoon.com.
Are you a student of my friend Sifu Pajil? I'm going to meet with him in Philly this Monday.

mjw
11-02-2009, 10:01 AM
oh great sounds really cool...what modification and refinements did he add?

Just some extra details so to speak like in bong-lap going to jong before the bong and the stance is closer to 50/50 shifting more from the knees than the hips with 70/30 plus a few areas of shifting less (only whats needed)...hard to explain but both use the principles of wing chun just a few differences so to speak.

Lindley
11-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Thank you, Sifu Redmond. We will be in touch soon. yes, Pete is my Sifu. Have a good time hanging out with him today.

Yoshiyahu
11-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Just some extra details so to speak like in bong-lap going to jong before the bong and the stance is closer to 50/50 shifting more from the knees than the hips with 70/30 plus a few areas of shifting less (only whats needed)...hard to explain but both use the principles of wing chun just a few differences so to speak.

cool beans. So the new stuff works pretty well for you????

mjw
11-04-2009, 09:11 PM
Yes, so far so good thanks

Phil Redmond
11-07-2009, 09:18 AM
Thank you, Sifu Redmond. We will be in touch soon. yes, Pete is my Sifu. Have a good time hanging out with him today.
I met him at the Chinatown Mo Guan. After our meeting he introduced me to his students. Were you there that night? Sifu Pete is a great guy and teacher. Also, his knowledge of natural medicines is amazing.

Lindley
11-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Sifu Redmond,

No, unfortunately, I was not there to meet you. I had visited the mo kwoon on Saturday. I have met Sifu Mazza and also know Sifu Shannon Moore from your Kung Fu family. Two very standup people. I look forward to meeting you soon.

Jay

hhe
12-03-2009, 10:13 PM
My Sifu is Benny Meng. We in Ohio would love to join in. Can we make it happen?

Phil Redmond
12-25-2009, 11:56 PM
I sent you my email addy. Please contact me after the holidays. I need to arrange some sparring time with the Harlem school. We need to man up as WC people. I'm so glad that your students are willing to do so. It's the ONLY way to get better. ;)