PDA

View Full Version : poconos martial arts club

uki
10-17-2009, 04:22 AM
i have been wanting to spearhead this for awhile now and after seeing lindley's post about "friendship encounters" and at the nudge of my old teacher, i have decided to finally chuck the spear... i live in the poconos of pennsylvania and it would be interesting to see if anyone would be willing to set up a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly get together with the intentions of establishing a local area martial arts club.

so... if anyone is in the area and interested - drop me a line and let's "get her done!!" :D

bawang
10-17-2009, 10:25 AM
no

lol

uki
10-17-2009, 02:27 PM
no

loloh come on... you know you wanna kick my a$$ for fun!!! :D

MasterKiller
10-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Why not just hook up with The Poconos Independent Chinese Martial Studies Group (http://www.matbattle.com/)?

uki
10-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Why not just hook up with The Poconos Independent Chinese Martial Studies Group (http://www.matbattle.com/)?because i don't want to step on your toes... master... :p

David Jamieson
10-17-2009, 07:15 PM
because i don't want to step on your toes... master... :p

...more likely that you don't actually want to learn something due to your aversion to learning and such. lol

Uki, seriously, you have got to be the most blatantly and proudly incorrect person to grace these forums.

one little pat on the head to validate you and you'd suck a dick I think.

why are you so adverse to being corrected? You ever examine that?

Accepting correction is a huge step in a man's education in life.

Since you've been here you've spouted more incorrect fortune cookie nonsense than some people have in years!

Then you take pride in people becoming frustrated with your inane remarks and blatant ignorance and wear it like a badge or something.

i'll give you this, and only this. You are unique. :p If you keep it up with the perception line I don't think you'll get anywhere. how'd you learn to set stone? Were you belligerent about that at every turn too? :p

P.s Be proud that you are irritating I guess, if it's all you have.

uki
10-17-2009, 07:33 PM
...more likely that you don't actually want to learn something due to your aversion to learning and such.i learn and experience plenty...

Uki, seriously, you have got to be the most blatantly and proudly incorrect person to grace these forums.incorrect based on your perspective of reality perhaps...

one little pat on the head to validate you and you'd suck a dick I think.actually it is called respect... there is absolutely no reason for anyone to respect someone who in turn doesn't return the respect.

why are you so adverse to being corrected? You ever examine that?again your assumption is highly subjective...

Accepting correction is a huge step in a man's education in life.so are you a man yet? :p

Since you've been here you've spouted more incorrect fortune cookie nonsense than some people have in years!imagine that... another highly subjective comment.

Then you take pride in people becoming frustrated with your inane remarks and blatant ignorance and wear it like a badge or something.i love to watch people lose control... LOL

i'll give you this, and only this. You are unique.thanks buddy... although i here this more than most people in life - wanna unzip your pants now for me?? :D

If you keep it up with the perception line I don't think you'll get anywhere.hmmm... i have progressed just fine so far.

how'd you learn to set stone?i observed the process of doing it... osmosis.

Were you belligerent about that at every turn too? are you kidding me?? obviously you know jack dill about stone... you cannot force it to do anything... it takes patience... actually it's one of the things that anchors my patience in my life.

Be proud that you are irritating I guess, if it's all you have.LOL... i have more than a man could possibly ask for. :)

MasterKiller
10-17-2009, 08:33 PM
LOL... i have more than a man could possibly ask for. :)

It's ok to ask for one more thing. Really.

http://a1468.g.akamai.net/f/1468/580/1d/pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/79623/200.jpg

uki
10-17-2009, 08:47 PM
It's ok to ask for one more thing. Really.i'll pass... you can keep your perfume. :p

uki
10-21-2009, 02:53 AM
the fundamentual aspect of forming a "club" would be the criterial goals it would have... this having been brought to light by an apparently more humble person than myself last night. what would some of these goals be?? firstly it would revolve around what each individual contributes... perhaps a like a rotating "show and tell" type of class - each day or session the person presenting the lesson would change. certain aspects could be included every time such as pushing hands, free sparring, and ground work... with ground work there would be no mats only the earth(this helps condition the body). weight work, stretching, bag/pole work, forms. those who find interest competing would have free access to wider variety of technique based on what each person contributes... so therefore a goal of producing a "fighter" becomes an option.

poles can be driven into the ground and push hand-like matches could be done while standing on top of them... the ideas are endless... man i feel like i am in grade school again wanting to go hang out with my friends climbing the waterfalls in the woods... we used to do it in the winter time also - the mile long walk back would freeze us, LOL. how i failed to die of hypothermia is beyond me. :p

Iron_Eagle_76
10-21-2009, 04:37 AM
the fundamentual aspect of forming a "club" would be the criterial goals it would have... this having been brought to light by an apparently more humble person than myself last night. what would some of these goals be?? firstly it would revolve around what each individual contributes... perhaps a like a rotating "show and tell" type of class - each day or session the person presenting the lesson would change. certain aspects could be included every time such as pushing hands, free sparring, and ground work... with ground work there would be no mats only the earth(this helps condition the body). weight work, stretching, bag/pole work, forms. those who find interest competing would have free access to wider variety of technique based on what each person contributes... so therefore a goal of producing a "fighter" becomes an option.

poles can be driven into the ground and push hand-like matches could be done while standing on top of them... the ideas are endless... man i feel like i am in grade school again wanting to go hang out with my friends climbing the waterfalls in the woods... we used to do it in the winter time also - the mile long walk back would freeze us, LOL. how i failed to die of hypothermia is beyond me. :p

Uki,

I challenge you. That's right. I challenge that for one day, just one day, hell even one post, that you actually contribute something that is meaningful to this forum. If this happens, I'll be sure to give you props. Of course, that won't happen because you seem to take too much pleasure in trolling the sh**it out of this place. Anyway, have fun theorizing, and please take the red pill.:D

Dragonzbane76
10-21-2009, 05:02 AM
I challenge you. That's right. I challenge that for one day, just one day, hell even one post, that you actually contribute something that is meaningful to this forum.

That's like the unstoppable force meeting the unmovable object. Will not happen.

Doesn't matter everything everyone in the entire world says is "SUBJECTIVE" to Uki. Great answer to the extent of, 'I have no answer for you why I'm such a dumb ass'.

uki
10-21-2009, 01:46 PM
That's like the unstoppable force meeting the unmovable object.so who is the unstopable force and who is the inmovable object??

Will not happen. and do i really care?? nope, ning, nada...

Doesn't matter everything everyone in the entire world says is "SUBJECTIVE" to Uki. that is a highly subjective assertion... :p

Great answer to the extent of, 'I have no answer for you why I'm such a dumb ass'.so why are you such a dumb a$$?? i, for one, am curious... :D

you wouldn't last 24 hours in my shoes before you started to pull your hair out and cry for mommy. :)

Lucas
10-21-2009, 01:50 PM
you wouldn't last 24 hours in my shoes before you started to pull your hair out and cry for mommy. :)

is it cuz they are full of dirt :p

sorry, couldnt help myself *evil grin*

uki
10-21-2009, 02:00 PM
is it cuz they are full of dirt?no - it is because of how i got the dirt in there. :)

sorry, couldnt help myself *evil grin*thats ok... they can't help themselves and i can't help myself - we are who we are. :D

Lucas
10-21-2009, 02:03 PM
lol, good answer.

uki
10-21-2009, 02:04 PM
lol, good answer.i do my best.

Lucas
10-21-2009, 02:23 PM
i do my best.

Certainly you can do better than your best!

Dragonzbane76
10-21-2009, 03:11 PM
you wouldn't last 24 hours in my shoes before you started to pull your hair out and cry for mommy.

That's a highly subjective statement :)

Dragonzbane76
10-21-2009, 03:14 PM
so why are you such a dumb a$$?? i, for one, am curious...

I was giving a filtered version of pretty much all your statments. :rolleyes:

blah be as you are...the troll of the KFM forums :)

uki
10-21-2009, 04:24 PM
I was giving a filtered version of pretty much all your statments.oh... woops... i don't catch on very quick. you're pretty witty...

blah be as you are...the troll of the KFM forums.awwww... can't handle me so you resort to the predictable "troll" attack... way to go, whats next?? put me on ignore because you lack the ability to deal with me on an internet forum?? LOL... people like you are a joke - are you one on lkmfdc's students or something? the apples don't fall far from the tree and it's quite obvious that most of the roots around here are all of the same shrub.

That's a highly subjective statement.true, but the probabilities are working against you here... a single day at my job day job smashes most peoples whole month worth of energy expenditure. we have a saying at our job, "go hard, or go home". :)

Certainly you can do better than your best!and i do expect nothing less!

Scott R. Brown
10-21-2009, 04:40 PM
... a single day at my job day job smashes most peoples whole month worth of energy expenditure. we have a saying at our job, "go hard, or go home". :)

I can confirm this....I have a friend that worked as a hod carrier. In the beginning he was completely wiped everyday by the end of his job. He would come home and sleep for 8 hours for the first couple of weeks.

Scott R. Brown
10-21-2009, 04:49 PM
Uki,

I challenge you. That's right. I challenge that for one day, just one day, hell even one post, that you actually contribute something that is meaningful to this forum. If this happens, I'll be sure to give you props. Of course, that won't happen because you seem to take too much pleasure in trolling the sh**it out of this place. Anyway, have fun theorizing, and please take the red pill.:D

I was giving a filtered version of pretty much all your statments. :rolleyes:

blah be as you are...the troll of the KFM forums :)

I love it when newbies act all superior! So you guys are experts on trolls huh??:confused:

Well let me tell you this....there are a number of us here who actually LIKE uki!:eek:

In fact he has contributed more to this BB then you two whiners!:p

Just because you do not understand him or what he does or why he does it does not make him a troll, it means you two are as dumb as doors!

If you don't like what he posts, then how about don't read it?

WOW!!! Isn't that simple...or is it TOO simple for your simple brains?:eek:

pbrady
10-21-2009, 05:39 PM

Its funny this was quoted right before the challenge for a meaningful post was issued. I was just thinking how this indeed was an example of uki posting something meaningful. I think he's showing sincere initiative in trying to form a martial arts club in his area. :)

bawang
10-21-2009, 08:10 PM
how can you form a martial arts club if you dont practice martial arts
lol

Scott R. Brown
10-21-2009, 09:44 PM
how can you form a martial arts club if you dont practice martial arts
lol

Oh I see! There is some kind of cosmic law that dictates who can can create a club and who cannot! Thanks for making that clear.....what would we do without you!:eek:

I understand you are also the final word on what constitutes a martial art too!:rolleyes:

Scott R. Brown
10-21-2009, 09:48 PM
Well...you and Ray that is!:rolleyes:

bawang
10-21-2009, 10:00 PM
hello there

shaolinexecutioner
10-21-2009, 10:15 PM
Master Killer, your post was messed up. And you are a moderator here?

Scott R. Brown
10-22-2009, 12:13 AM
hello there

Nice to meet you!;)

Scott R. Brown
10-22-2009, 12:16 AM
Uki, seriously, you have got to be the most blatantly and proudly incorrect person to grace these forums.

No one is second to you David!

uki
10-22-2009, 02:17 AM
Master Killer, your post was messed up. And you are a moderator here?ironically... an insecure one to boot.

I think he's showing sincere initiative in trying to form a martial arts club in his area.i mean if the old tai chi people can have a library club... how hard can it be? :p

how can you form a martial arts club if you dont practice martial arts.wow. a complete sentence with the proper use of english words... well done.

what would we do without you!i'd be sad not having his hock-choppy english to pick on. :p

I understand you are also the final word on what constitutes a martial art too! Well...you and Ray that is!according to one clown, if your english is good your martial art sucks and the other clown believes if you don't fight in a ring you are inferiour. :rolleyes:

Drake
10-22-2009, 04:03 AM
This is a sad funny.

uki
10-22-2009, 04:21 AM
This is a sad funny.what is truly sad is you fail to grasp the overall concept... BTW, are you still flossing your teeth on your superiours a$$ hairs?? :p

Dragonzbane76
10-22-2009, 04:23 AM
true, but the probabilities are working against you here... a single day at my job day job smashes most peoples whole month worth of energy expenditure. we have a saying at our job, "go hard, or go home".

For someone that preaches the holy, "you don't know me so don't say anything about me" you sound like a hipocrit to me. Don't get on your pedistal and compare me to you. You have absolutely no knowledge of me therefore making "SUBJECTIVE" assessments is a little ascue. I won't give you a list of my jobs, just let me say that I've had my share of hard jobs and I understand the concept of hard work.

anyways how the hell did we start talking about jobs anyways? :cool:

awwww... can't handle me so you resort to the predictable "troll" attack... way to go, whats next?? put me on ignore because you lack the ability to deal with me on an internet forum?? LOL... people like you are a joke - are you one on lkmfdc's students or something? the apples don't fall far from the tree and it's quite obvious that most of the roots around here are all of the same shrub.

haha doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what you are. no I won't put you on ignore... i think your funny in your own little world. Makes me smile and gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside to know there are people out there that are stuck in a deminsion of there own making. Nah I'm not one of Ross's students. Don't actually know him. But he sounds like a smart guy. Must be a general public opinion about you, of course there is the exception.

Well let me tell you this....there are a number of us here who actually LIKE uki!

Never said i didn't like him... I always like to be entertained, gives me something to do while i burn some time during lunch.

It's not his post it's his demeanor... or how he thinks he's superior. He does come across that way. And yes i know the internet = Lack of tone, but I've read through some of his stuff and everyone of them carry the same edge. Honestly I like a good disagreement. It burns some un-needed time for me at work. It's all good entertainment, and I think it's grand.

Iron_Eagle_76
10-22-2009, 05:00 AM
I love it when newbies act all superior! So you guys are experts on trolls huh??:confused:

Well let me tell you this....there are a number of us here who actually LIKE uki!:eek:

In fact he has contributed more to this BB then you two whiners!:p

Just because you do not understand him or what he does or why he does it does not make him a troll, it means you two are as dumb as doors!

WOW!!! Isn't that simple...or is it TOO simple for your simple brains?:eek:

LOL, considering I have been posting here for the last four years, I would not consider myself a "newbie". Also, nowhere in my post did I say anything about not liking Uki. I do not know him, you, or pretty much anyone else on this forum well enough to decide if I like them or not, mostly because I really don't care. I post here for entertainment purposes on my down time at work. That being said, it is not hard to understand someone who blantantly trolls this place claiming some enlightened knowledge of how good they are and how bad sport fighters are. Uki is a shock jock, kind of like Howard Stern. He comes on here and posts things to p*iss people off, and then argue until everyone is blue in the face about who is right. It is unproductive, therefore, my challenge for him to post something meaningful. If he were to produce some kind of evidence as to why sport fighers are bad and he is so superior, I would give him credit and listen to what he has to say. But it is the same back and forth banter and always will be. Have fun with that.:D

Dragonzbane76
10-22-2009, 07:13 AM
Uki in his true environment.:)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/MUDDOG4X4/Stuff/InternetToughGuy-1.jpg

uki
10-22-2009, 12:24 PM
*munching popcorn*

Dragonzbane76
10-22-2009, 03:39 PM
'grabs a sports drink sits back enjoying the show'

Lucas
10-22-2009, 03:41 PM
that guys computer sucks and makes my eyes hurt, i want to break it.

Dragonzbane76
10-22-2009, 03:45 PM
haha yeah it's a dinosaur... UKi get a new computer. :)

Drake
10-22-2009, 07:41 PM
what is truly sad is you fail to grasp the overall concept... BTW, are you still flossing your teeth on your superiours a$$ hairs?? :p

I am one of the superiors, so the answer is no. Kissing butt will not get me promoted any faster or in any way improve my already sweet retirement deal.

Lokhopkuen
10-23-2009, 02:25 AM
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q69/lokhopkuen/internet_tough_guy.jpg

uki
10-23-2009, 02:56 AM
'grabs a sports drink sits back enjoying the show'a sports drink eh?? does it have the color red #40 in it??

Dragonzbane76
10-23-2009, 04:17 AM
a sports drink eh?? does it have the color red #40 in it??

no it's more like a water type... clear with a flavoring...

yeah stay away from the aspertain and red #40... cancer is not your friend.

uki
10-23-2009, 01:35 PM
yeah stay away from the aspertain and red #40... cancer is not your friend.nice... you'd be suprised how many people do not know that america is like the only country in the world that has not banned the use of red #40 in food products.

uki
10-23-2009, 01:43 PM
it would be nice to build and set up a lei tai platform in the area someplace for "friendly encounters".

i am not gonna google... i would like to see what everyone thinks the best sized lei tai platform is.

Lucas
10-23-2009, 01:46 PM
id go with a 3-4 feet tall, and require the jump with no hands to enter :D

20-25 feet in width, id prefer a circle to a square.

hell you're a mason, make it out of stone or concrete!

oh and to make it fun, encricle it with a moat!

uki
10-23-2009, 01:51 PM
id go with a 3-4 feet tall, and require the jump with no hands to enter.thats an awesome idea to keep the competition level higher...

20-25 feet in width, id prefer a circle to a square.

hell you're a mason, make it out of stone or concrete!

oh and to make it fun, encricle it with a moat!thats the entire idea... my patio now is roughly a foot high... it merges with a brick pushing station... i like the triangle shape for a platform - but a circle is just as good, though a triangle would seem to require more concentration. i personally never fought a lei tai, but the concept is brilliant. of course padding would be optional of course.

taai gihk yahn
10-23-2009, 01:51 PM
oh and to make it fun, encricle it with a moat!
moat, schmoat - he's going w/jagged rocks...

uki
10-23-2009, 01:53 PM
moat, schmoat - he's going w/jagged rocks...that might be going a bit overboard... LOL... though the thought did cross my mind reading lucas's moat idea.

MasterKiller
10-23-2009, 02:57 PM
it would be nice to build and set up a lei tai platform in the area someplace for "friendly encounters".

i am not gonna google... i would like to see what everyone thinks the best sized lei tai platform is.

Why on earth would someone who only trains for self-defense entice friendly encounters?

uki
10-23-2009, 03:01 PM
Why on earth would someone who only trains for self-defense entice friendly encounters?you have to work your art out on a live person... why else would i want to?? i am not against sparring, just "sport fighting".

MasterKiller
10-23-2009, 03:03 PM
you have to work your art out on a live person... why else would i want to?? i am not against sparring, just "sport fighting".

What's the difference between sparring and sport fighting, besides the obvious level of competition?

uki
10-23-2009, 03:06 PM
What's the difference between sparring and sport fighting, besides the obvious level of competition?the mentality associated with it... no crowd, no pressure, no rules save for personal honor and integrity... the measure of control is better demostrated. it's generally a more "friendly" atmosphere that helps promote a more positive enviroment to train and practice in...

MasterKiller
10-23-2009, 03:07 PM
the mentality associated with it... no crowd, no pressure, no rules save for personal honor and integrity... the measure of control is better demostrated. it's generally a more "friendly" atmosphere that helps promote a more positive enviroment to train in...

How can you realistically train to defend yourself against someone who isn't realistically trying to harm you?

How do you hone all those face-ripping techniques against your buddies?

uki
10-23-2009, 03:09 PM
How can you realistically train to defend yourself against someone who isn't realistically trying to harm you?how can you realistically beat your opponent with efficient techiques that are "not allowed"?? it's a two-sided argument... you represent one end of the stick and i the other... finding balance is the key.

MasterKiller
10-23-2009, 03:11 PM
how can you realistically beat your opponent with efficient techiques that are "not allowed"?? it's a two-sided argument... you represent one end of the stick and i the other... finding balance is the key.

Because if you can control a well-conditioned athlete completely enough to use "allowed" techniques, using "illegal" ones on a street thug is probably going to be no problem at all.

uki
10-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Because if you can control a well-conditioned athlete completely enough to use "allowed" techniques, using "illegal" ones on a street thug is probably going to be no problem at all.yet i don't operate on doing what i am told or allowed to or not... i simply do what needs to be done... i personally believe if i was to "sport fight" that i would naturally just be disqualified all the time out of my reactionary nature... this is where i find the discrepancies of sport fighting... having to be conscious of what you can and cannot do in a fight encounter is detrimental to ones overall advancement... wouldn't you agree??

MasterKiller
10-23-2009, 03:20 PM
yet i don't operate on doing what i am told or allowed to or not... i simply do what needs to be done... i personally believe if i was to "sport fight" that i would naturally just be disqualified all the time out of my reactionary nature... this is where i find the discrepancies of sport fighting... having to be conscious of what you can and cannot do in a fight encounter is detrimental to ones overall advancement... wouldn't you agree??

I agree that it's easy to get tunnel vision when training soley for sports. BJJ guys are notoriously tough until you punch them from the guard. The joke goes, One hit, he's brown belt. Two hits, he's a purpe belt, etc...:p

The rules really aren't that limiting, though. No small joint manipulation (fingers and toes), no eye gouges, no flesh ripping/twisting, no strikes to the back of the head or spine... I mean, if your kung fu can't work around that, you don't have much kung fu at all.

uki
10-23-2009, 03:27 PM
The rules really aren't that limiting, though. No small joint manipulation (fingers and toes), no eye gouges, no flesh ripping/twisting, no strikes to the back of the head or spine... I mean, if your kung fu can't work around that, you don't have much kung fu at all.why would you assume that?? what if the individual in question doesn't have the energy reserve to go for extended periods of time?? why does self defense have to revolve around less effective measures?? that is how i view it... i grew up with asthma and allergies, i failed high school for three years due to my being inferiour in the physical education department... now i have overcome my weaknesses and since forth recieved my high school diploma, yet i still believe it is in my best interest to end a physical confrontation as quickly as possible via mostly the use of everything that is banned from a sport fight... can you see where i am coming from now?? the circumstance of my life experience has help mold who and what i have become and what i believe... what is effective for me may or may not be effective for someone else... this is where people tend to start fighting over who is better, everyone seems to forget that everyone is different and each of us have different strengths and weaknesses...

MasterKiller
10-23-2009, 04:45 PM
why would you assume that?? what if the individual in question doesn't have the energy reserve to go for extended periods of time?? why does self defense have to revolve around less effective measures?? that is how i view it... i grew up with asthma and allergies, i failed high school for three years due to my being inferiour in the physical education department... now i have overcome my weaknesses and since forth recieved my high school diploma, yet i still believe it is in my best interest to end a physical confrontation as quickly as possible via mostly the use of everything that is banned from a sport fight... can you see where i am coming from now?? the circumstance of my life experience has help mold who and what i have become and what i believe... what is effective for me may or may not be effective for someone else... this is where people tend to start fighting over who is better, everyone seems to forget that everyone is different and each of us have different strengths and weaknesses...

You think guys in competition want to go 5 rounds? Hell no, they want to end it quick, too. But if the other guy has any skill, odds are you won't end it quick. If the fight goes 30 seconds, can you hang? If it goes a minute...? Three minutes...? Do you even know how far you can go?

Anyone with any sense knows that street fights have more consequences than cage fights, consequences you might not want to deal with. But the reason you hear guys talking about sport training is because in a sport environment, you are continuously put in bad situations by very skilled people who want to hold you there, and you have to find a way out. Sure, gloves are safer than bare knunckles. Sure, not jamming thumbs in eyes limits the degree of pure realism.

But if you are continuously battle tested, all the time, every time you train, by very well-conditioned guys, you will be in a much better physical and emotional condition to handle an actual confrontation. More so than doing forms all day and swinging plastic swords around, for sure.

I know exactly how long I have to get out of a choke before I'll pass out because I've been there 100 times. Do you...?

Drake
10-23-2009, 04:50 PM
Inability to control the method in which you fight is a clear sign of lack of discipline.

uki
10-23-2009, 05:43 PM
Do you even know how far you can go?as long as need be...

Anyone with any sense knows that street fights have more consequences than cage fights, consequences you might not want to deal with. But the reason you hear guys talking about sport training is because in a sport environment, you are continuously put in bad situations by very skilled people who want to hold you there, and you have to find a way out. Sure, gloves are safer than bare knunckles. Sure, not jamming thumbs in eyes limits the degree of pure realism. this concept of training is moot in reality of the "street" context... chances are in a street encounter, the last thing your aggressors are attempting to do is to tie you up in some funky ground work...

But if you are continuously battle tested, all the time, every time you train, by very well-conditioned guys, you will be in a much better physical and emotional condition to handle an actual confrontation. More so than doing forms all day and swinging plastic swords around, for sure.as opposed to the possibility that one can condition themselves and hone their emotions on their own without having to be a sport fighter??

I know exactly how long I have to get out of a choke before I'll pass out because I've been there 100 times. Do you...?i have had my fair share of asthma attacks so i know my panic level of obstructed breathing circumstances... you deal with losing the ability to breath in matches, i learn to deal with it from simply walking thru a field of wild flowers. :)

MasterKiller
10-23-2009, 06:29 PM
this concept of training is moot in reality of the "street" context... chances are in a street encounter, the last thing your aggressors are attempting to do is to tie you up in some funky ground work...

If you in Oklahoma, Texas, Ohio, Indiana, or Iowa, there is a very high chance that is exactly what will happen because kids in these places start wrestling at 5 years old.

Dragonzbane76
10-23-2009, 08:51 PM
as opposed to the possibility that one can condition themselves and hone their emotions on their own without having to be a sport fighter??

no you can "hone" your emotions and condition on your own, your right, but I'll put my money on someone that trains full on mma. (comment on what you will of wasted money)

there are some gold nuggets in the tma true, most people on here have a background in it somewhere somehow, but most of it's garbage imo. Intricket fist/finger positioning, dim mak, pressure point manipulation is just what it is crap.

The simplest answer is usually the best. most mma teaches this. simplisity

mma is just what it is a term. But what you reap from it by using resistant targets is what counts. like a puzzle you put the pieces together from many different things to make an all around fighting systema. ( the golden nuggets)

David Jamieson
10-24-2009, 04:13 AM
nice... you'd be suprised how many people do not know that america is like the only country in the world that has not banned the use of red #40 in food products.

http://www.red40.com/index.html

and:
Upon its introduction into the market, there were fears that Allura Red AC was carcinogenic; however, studies have since shown that this is not the case. The initial reports of its consumption causing tumors have since been shown to have been caused by the presence of para-cresidine. Although para-cresidine is an important reactant in the manufacture of Allura Red AC and is a known carcinogen, further studies conducted since have found no trace of para-cresidine to be present in food-grade Allura Red AC.

in short, anectdotal evidence isn't actually evidence at all. quite often it's just a vehicle for scaremongering.

in the end, there isn't a dang thing you can do about your own death.

If you want to live outside of society, that's fine too. or the fringes of it.

I'd rather fully engage with the world than hide from it based on fears of this or that.

just pointing out another side of the story

uki
10-24-2009, 04:19 AM
no you can "hone" your emotions and condition on your own, your right, but I'll put my money on someone that trains full on mma.trains full mma in what regards?? how long do they practice a day? what is their day or night job?? you have to consider all of these factors into making such a grand assumption here... no? obviously an mma computer design geek is less conditioned than lets say... a mason. :)

there are some gold nuggets in the tma true, most people on here have a background in it somewhere somehow, but most of it's garbage imo. Intricket fist/finger positioning, dim mak, pressure point manipulation is just what it is crap. really?? i am sure there are some folks on the board who would disagree with you here that are highly reputable... there is a reason accupuncture has been around for thousands of years and it's not because it is full of crap. having an even basic understanding of the human anatomy is invaluable to any martial artist.

The simplest answer is usually the best. most mma teaches this. simplisity simplicity when it comes to abiding by a set of rules and regulations.

mma is just what it is a term. But what you reap from it by using resistant targets is what counts. like a puzzle you put the pieces together from many different things to make an all around fighting systema. ( the golden nuggets)so then lets not forget to include those less than politically or morally correct techniques and concepts. :)

If you in Oklahoma, Texas, Ohio, Indiana, or Iowa, there is a very high chance that is exactly what will happen because kids in these places start wrestling at 5 years old.LOL... i wrestled in junior high school. i still find it highly doubtful that if there is an altercation with multiple opponents that they are gonna attempt to tie you up on the ground... i could be wrong here, but i have yet to see it happen. groundwork comes in handy mostly for "competition" events such as one on one. yes it has its effectiveness, but the inability to be able to gouge eyes out, bite muscle or ears off, fish-hooking, stabbing thumbs under the armpits, blah, blah, blah, really gives greater odds to the more experienced ground fighter. there is a reason these things are banned - they work. :p

i am just presenting the opposite end of the spectrum here... according to rules and regulations, mma and ground and pound works. it's that simple. no disagreeing with you guys there... but... who in their right mind is going to willingly tangle with someone if they know before hand that they might lose something to being permanantly damaged?? rules and regulation erase or ease this "fear". i am simply being realistic here - someone has to stand up to this "unstoppable historical force". :D

Dragonzbane76
10-24-2009, 05:46 AM
what is their day or night job??

has nothing to do with it.

obviously an mma computer design geek is less conditioned than lets say... a mason

obviously you are wrong. I don't get this my job stuff makes me superman. Training is training, if you train full time to fight then that is what you do fight.

accupuncture is not martial arts you do not read.
Basic understand yes. you need to know that hitting in the head does not feel good and you have about 10 secs to get outta a rear naked choke before you pass out. Not hard. a cave man can kill. his ass didn't have some tradiational martial arts.

simplicity when it comes to abiding by a set of rules and regulations.

there isn't much of a jump from those rules to the next lvl. and you have a much better understanding of the fight presept.

gouge eyes out, bite muscle or ears off, fish-hooking, stabbing thumbs under the armpits, blah, blah, blah,

if your willing to bet your life on these techniques saving it and thats all then, by all means go ahead. i think the eye gouge ear bite thing has been done to death on here. I just kinda laugh at it anymore.
you accused me earlier of being on of ross's students... have to return the flavor...
Are you one of ashida kims?

David Jamieson
10-24-2009, 06:00 AM
you can lead a man to facts, but you can't make him think.

:p

MasterKiller
10-24-2009, 06:03 AM
trains full mma in what regards?? how long do they practice a day? what is their day or night job?? you have to consider all of these factors into making such a grand assumption here... no? obviously an mma computer design geek is less conditioned than lets say... a mason.

I would say their cardio is probably much, much better than a mason. In sport, cardio is king.

But you are right in that your job provides you with a good body=strength program. I train a 50 year-old aircraft mechanic, and he has the strongest grip I've ever seen from working with large wrenches his whole life.

A lot of the exercises we do mimic real-world job skills: Swinging sledgehammers, lifting heay chains, carrying heavy bags, etc...

LOL... i wrestled in junior high school. i still find it highly doubtful that if there is an altercation with multiple opponents that they are gonna attempt to tie you up on the ground... i could be wrong here, but i have yet to see it happen. groundwork comes in handy mostly for "competition" events such as one on one. yes it has its effectiveness, but the inability to be able to gouge eyes out, bite muscle or ears off, fish-hooking, stabbing thumbs under the armpits, blah, blah, blah, really gives greater odds to the more experienced ground fighter. there is a reason these things are banned - they work. I could post 1,000 youtube street fights here showing how people do indeed go to the ground, but I'm not going to take the time. Suffice it to say that the man in the best position to bite, poke, twist, and gouge is the one who can already control his opponent. If you have no idea about positional dominance on the ground, your game is weak and probably will not save you when you need it to.

i am just presenting the opposite end of the spectrum here... according to rules and regulations, mma and ground and pound works. it's that simple. no disagreeing with you guys there... but... who in their right mind is going to willingly tangle with someone if they know before hand that they might lose something to being permanantly damaged?? rules and regulation erase or ease this "fear". i am simply being realistic here - someone has to stand up to this "unstoppable historical force". :D Some people fight against the wind to remain upright at all costs. Others just adjust their sails.

uki
10-24-2009, 10:56 AM
Some people fight against the wind to remain upright at all costs. Others just adjust their sails.and other people are the wind. :)

uki
10-25-2009, 02:04 AM
the club could change meeting places to offer a variety of training enviroments... one meet could be at the boulder field(we can practice ground-work there :p), another in the woods, at a gym, etc... people participating can add ideas to the list. the entire concept should be a joint evolving entity... it would be nice to get one individual of each zodiac sign in order to harmonize energy patterns of the individuals involved. it would be interesting to watch inter-reactions between all known combinations of signs.

taai gihk yahn
10-25-2009, 06:49 AM
the club could change meeting places to offer a variety of training enviroments... one meet could be at the boulder field(we can practice ground-work there :p), another in the woods,

the last group that met up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEhwIqmmEJY)...:p

David Jamieson
10-25-2009, 06:57 AM
the last group that met up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEhwIqmmEJY)...:p

that kid can really play!

yee haw.

p.s that movie is still creepy and way better than the crappy pseudo-remake "southern comfort"

uki
10-25-2009, 07:14 AM
the last group that met up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEhwIqmmEJY)...me brudder got himself killed dead with an 'errow too back then!! :D

taai gihk yahn
10-25-2009, 07:26 AM
me brudder got himself killed dead with an 'errow too back then!! :D

LOL!

I'd come by for sh*ts and giggles, but seriously it's a f*ck long drive from where I am (at least 3 hr. each way); there'd at least have to be a cold cut platter...

uki
10-25-2009, 07:36 AM
I'd come by for sh*ts and giggles, but seriously it's a f*ck long drive from where I am (at least 3 hr. each way); there'd at least have to be a cold cut platter...i would definitely have some food and beer here if you were to come by... i actually am considering a week long hike on the AT before my next child is born... nothing like a 100 mile walk in the woods to clear out your head. you'd be more than welcome to spend the night with the family here or you could always pitch a tent/sleep in the yard if you're the hardy type. :p

taai gihk yahn
10-25-2009, 07:46 AM
i would definitely have some food and beer here if you were to come by... i actually am considering a week long hike on the AT before my next child is born... nothing like a 100 mile walk in the woods to clear out your head. you'd be more than welcome to spend the night with the family here or you could always pitch a tent/sleep in the yard if you're the hardy type. :p

I've done lots of overnight hikes, so the tent thing's no biggie (I've even sept under metal canoes during a lighting storm, but that's another story...:p)

TBH, I would be more up for the walk, unfortunately my son is not quite old enough to tag along on something like that just yet; but just out of curiosity, when were you thinking of doing it?

Lokhopkuen
10-25-2009, 07:48 AM
<SNIP> Intricket fist/finger positioning, dim mak, pressure point manipulation is just what it is crap.
</SNIP>

I have intimate knowledge of the human anatomy, tons of hands on experience, a bunch of nasty Phoenix eye techniques and some really hard thumbs that say you are misinformed.;)

What is this? MMA comes along and it's like street fighting didn't exist before rage inna cage? Nuthin' new under the sun juss changed the name an put it on tv.....

Scott R. Brown
10-25-2009, 08:36 AM
I'd love to come too, but it's a 43.5 hr drive:( and I'd have to be home by dinner!

Lokhopkuen
10-25-2009, 11:11 AM
I'd love to come too, but it's a 43.5 hr drive:( and I'd have to be home by dinner!

Where the heck R U?

Dragonzbane76
10-25-2009, 02:05 PM
I have intimate knowledge of the human anatomy, tons of hands on experience, a bunch of nasty Phoenix eye techniques and some really hard thumbs that say you are misinformed.

Sorry its my opinion and it stays that...

I have years of grappling, submission, and BJJ that say your wrong if you think that crap will work in a fight.

Lokhopkuen
10-25-2009, 02:19 PM
Sorry its my opinion and it stays that...

I have years of grappling, submission, and BJJ that say your wrong if you think that crap will work in a fight.

I make my living making it work:D

And so you have years of grappling, submission, and BJJ and of course none of us has had exposure to any of those exclusive secrets of the martial arts?

You had your first amateur MMA bout in April 2007? Years of experience?

I think I've probably been teaching longer than you've been training, so it stands to reason there are perhaps volumes of information as well as experience that you have no knowledge of?

So yea for someone like yourself that "crap" wouldn't work;)

uki
10-25-2009, 03:17 PM
we can do a penn-mar njny in about two weeks if we push ourselves alittle bit... autumn is awesome for no bugs... 2 years old is old enough. if i can make a convincing argu,emt, we might be able to justify bringing the kids... if not, 200 from waynesboro/pinegrove to here is a simple cake.

IronWeasel
10-25-2009, 03:47 PM
(I've even sept under metal canoes during a lighting storm, but that's another story...:p)

?

...go on....:confused:

Scott R. Brown
10-25-2009, 07:10 PM
Where the heck R U?

San Luis Obispo, CA...I Yahoo mapped it and it said 43.5 hrs to the poconos! Wanna carpool it, lol!!:D:eek:

diego
10-25-2009, 08:30 PM
The rules really aren't that limiting, though. No small joint manipulation (fingers and toes), no eye gouges, no flesh ripping/twisting, no strikes to the back of the head or spine... I mean, if your kung fu can't work around that, you don't have much kung fu at all.

so tyson allegedly goes to rape the girl and she tries to lol athletically bjj him into submission is a rediculous concept. What is your sport fighting going to do for you when you are no longer athletic, and maybe in some one like uki's case training mma with a labor job plus family obligations would probably burn him out?.

When you retire wrestling is not something you should be relying on I mean it's why we have Licences to carry:D when all the arthritis kicks in and it takes an hour to warm up just to contract the muscles to make the heavy bag sway a bit from a right cross...the theory of gung fu is if you can do the form you will be able to walk when you are a grandmaster aka a senior citizen...put a weapon in your hand shots to the spine and nerve centers with pointy needles...breaking fingers when put under a headlock is the most basic reaction besides tucking your chin as soon as you smell his armpit. these banned tactics are the most basic techniques for a weaker person to rely on to open up the gaurd and maybe fire a jab...a women isn't going to shoot on hulk hogan he'll just sit on her.

the legend is the pa kua body gaurds walked in circles all day as old men and they would carry needles to palm bandits with, that's self defense heritage.

bawang
10-25-2009, 09:26 PM
i am super duper
wow nice

/

Lokhopkuen
10-26-2009, 01:53 AM
San Luis Obispo, CA...I Yahoo mapped it and it said 43.5 hrs to the poconos! Wanna carpool it, lol!!:D:eek:

Went to CPSLO. We'z neighboors:D Miss Pismo:(

Dragonzbane76
10-26-2009, 04:18 AM
And so you have years of grappling, submission, and BJJ and of course none of us has had exposure to any of those exclusive secrets of the martial arts?

You had your first amateur MMA bout in April 2007? Years of experience?

First off I never said BJJ of submission grappling was a "secret" art. I would have to say that most on here would share my opinion in the case of pressure point application stuff. In a fight are you going to reley on intricket hand posture/dim mak/pressure point or are you going to go for a more simplistic effect?

As for the second statement above ??? I was suppose to have a fight then ended up breaking my hand 2 weeks out from fight. Had other fights besides MMA. stand up kickboxing, grappling,submission, boxing, muay thai, etc.
Anyways, why am i preaching my resume to you? you said you had experience in what chiropractics? that gives you what ? the ability to tell me how good i am?

I think I've probably been teaching longer than you've been training, so it stands to reason there are perhaps volumes of information as well as experience that you have no knowledge of?

I've just gotta use one of Uki's lines... that's very subjective.

And how did you come across your information again?

volumes huh... misinformation maybe.

MasterKiller
10-26-2009, 06:57 AM
so tyson allegedly goes to rape the girl and she tries to lol athletically bjj him into submission is a rediculous concept.
But doing solo forms all day will allow the girl to not get raped? :rolleyes:

What is your sport fighting going to do for you when you are no longer athletic
What is your kung fu training going to do for you when you are no longer athletic?

and maybe in some one like uki's case training mma with a labor job plus family obligations would probably burn him out? Training half-@ssed kung fu because you are tired from work is somehow better?

Dragonzbane76
10-26-2009, 07:37 AM
breaking fingers when put under a headlock is the most basic reaction besides tucking your chin as soon as you smell his armpit.

haha and in your arthritic state of 60+ your going to break lets just say a 25-30 year olds fingers...... because you learned TMA? hypothetical situations yes...

Frost
10-26-2009, 07:46 AM
so tyson allegedly goes to rape the girl and she tries to lol athletically bjj him into submission is a rediculous concept. .
What should she do stand and trade with him?

What is your sport fighting going to do for you when you are no longer athletic, and maybe in some one like uki's case training mma with a labor job plus family obligations would probably burn him out?..

I know plenty of 40 and 50 year old judo guys that will f*ck you up in a heart beat, its all about timing not being athletic

When you retire wrestling is not something you should be relying on I mean it's why we have Licences to carry:D when all the arthritis kicks in and it takes an hour to warm up just to contract the muscles to make the heavy bag sway a bit from a right cross...the theory of gung fu is if you can do the form you will be able to walk when you are a grandmaster aka a senior citizen.

Theory is just theory where’s the proof of this being the case…..where are all these healthy fit active old masters,….. I know plenty of old kung fu guys with wrecked backs, hips etc this is pure fantasy

...put a weapon in your hand shots to the spine and nerve centers with pointy needles...breaking fingers when put under a headlock is the most basic reaction besides tucking your chin as soon as you smell his armpit. these banned tactics are the most basic techniques for a weaker person to rely on to open up the gaurd and maybe fire a jab...a women isn't going to shoot on hulk hogan he'll just sit on her.

the legend is the pa kua body gaurds walked in circles all day as old men and they would carry needles to palm bandits with, that's self defense heritage.

Legends are just that legends, how many 50 60 or 70 year old gung fu masters are now out there fighting and kicking a^s?

no these banned tactics are not the most basic ones that weaker people should be using… we know this because they were allowed in the early UFC, in the NHB matches in brazil and they did not change the out come of the matches one bit

uki
10-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Training half-@ssed kung fu because you are tired from work is somehow better?LOL... another subjective argument. i do most of my form work BEFORE i go and do my job and my job amounts to kung fu aswell... you really have a very limited grasp of me son. :p

Lucas
10-26-2009, 02:44 PM
well, in regards to the elderly, similar to the videos of many street fights going to the ground (little of which encompass actual good ground fighting, its usually rough and tumble style, not true ground fighting experts, for the most part. discounting set ups.) there are thousands of elderly kungfu practitioners doing physical movements and routines that even middle aged average americans can not do.

there is a large portion of chinese martial artists that do focus on health and longevity, many of these practitioners will continue to be active in old age, to a degree that many elderly people cannot even dream of. this is a simple fact.

visit an american elderly home and ask one to touch their toes (simplest of stretches) and see their reaction.

Lucas
10-26-2009, 02:48 PM
i dont think anyone here is arguing against the fact that full time mma fighters are going to be able to fight.

thats common sense.

what about part time MMA fighters/practitioners? are they wasting their time? how about a kungfu practitioner that trains in a realisic manner on a part time basis? how about a kungfu practitioner that trains full time in a realistic manner?

surely no one here is implying that there are no part/full time realistic cma practitioners are they?

uki
10-26-2009, 05:08 PM
surely no one here is implying that there are no part/full time realistic cma practitioners are they?i'm on a full part-time schedule... most of the time. :p

Lokhopkuen
10-26-2009, 05:16 PM
5th Generation Bak Siu Lum I know nothing of Chiropractics.

reley on intricket hand posture/dim mak/pressure point or are you going to go for a more simplistic effect?

I'm an intricate guy so simplicity is out but my policy here is: Never attempt to teach a pig to whistle. It wastes your time and annoys the pig. With that said and you being the expert and all:

U'r right and I'm wrong:D

First off I never said BJJ of submission grappling was a "secret" art. I would have to say that most on here would share my opinion in the case of pressure point application stuff. In a fight are you going to reley on intricket hand posture/dim mak/pressure point or are you going to go for a more simplistic effect?

As for the second statement above ??? I was suppose to have a fight then ended up breaking my hand 2 weeks out from fight. Had other fights besides MMA. stand up kickboxing, grappling,submission, boxing, muay thai, etc.
Anyways, why am i preaching my resume to you? you said you had experience in what chiropractics? that gives you what ? the ability to tell me how good i am?

I've just gotta use one of Uki's lines... that's very subjective.

And how did you come across your information again?

volumes huh... misinformation maybe.

diego
10-26-2009, 06:51 PM
what should she do stand and trade with him?

I know plenty of 40 and 50 year old judo guys that will f*ck you up in a heart beat, its all about timing not being athletic

theory is just theory where’s the proof of this being the case…..where are all these healthy fit active old masters,….. I know plenty of old kung fu guys with wrecked backs, hips etc this is pure fantasy

legends are just that legends, how many 50 60 or 70 year old gung fu masters are now out there fighting and kicking a^s?

No these banned tactics are not the most basic ones that weaker people should be using… we know this because they were allowed in the early ufc, in the nhb matches in brazil and they did not change the out come of the matches one bit
she should buy a gun

diego
10-26-2009, 06:53 PM
When you retire wrestling is not something you should be relying on I mean it's why we have Licences to carry:D

so frost is an idiot that's established...burp:D

diego
10-26-2009, 06:55 PM
But doing solo forms all day will allow the girl to not get raped? :rolleyes:

What is your kung fu training going to do for you when you are no longer athletic?

Training half-@ssed kung fu because you are tired from work is somehow better?

i wish i could stab you in the eyeball mang..answer first cuz i answered you it will keep my joints mobile so i can run my ass home after i shoot you for attempting to crouch downa nd shoot for my hips like a fairy...

diego
10-26-2009, 06:58 PM
haha and in your arthritic state of 60+ your going to break lets just say a 25-30 year olds fingers...... because you learned TMA? hypothetical situations yes...

um i fought before learning gung fu...I'll tell my daughter to pick up a gun for self defense we are not in the year 1500 lol yall dumb.

uki
10-26-2009, 07:05 PM
um i fought before learning gung fu...I'll tell my daughter to pick up a gun for self defense we are not in the year 1500 lol yall dumb.i tell my daughter to use her head... like a goat. nothing like a good ole fashioned head smasher. :D

MasterKiller
10-26-2009, 07:32 PM
LOL... another subjective argument. i do most of my form work BEFORE i go and do my job and my job amounts to kung fu aswell... you really have a very limited grasp of me son. :p

That was a response to Go Diego Go's assessment of you, not mine, Sookie.

MasterKiller
10-26-2009, 07:35 PM
i wish i could stab you in the eyeball mang..answer first cuz i answered you it will keep my joints mobile so i can run my ass home after i shoot you for attempting to crouch downa nd shoot for my hips like a fairy...

Yoga is better for that purpose, and more efficient as well.

What is your kung fu for again?

diego
10-26-2009, 07:51 PM
Yoga is better for that purpose, and more efficient as well.

my style has dynamic yoga postures in it pal...Not answering my question implies that I'm correct anfd you only train because you like to hug up with the boys and it makes you feel strong at the end of the day...kung fu does the same thing for me minus the hugging and i already wrassled as a youth, it doesn't take a black belt to break a guys arm and you not gonna break a super black belts arm he will be faster you better pull out your gun. most guys i grew up with knife fight in prisons, i avoid that life style, my one buddy denis kang did good in pride failed in ufc lol i guess his athleticism started to dwindle.

i was just playing devil's advocate didn't read the whole thread...if you want to be a real martial artists be a cop you can then legally shoot people. I like martial arts it's a culture I always felt kinship with it's no big deal.

Dragonzbane76
10-27-2009, 04:27 AM
Never attempt to teach a pig to whistle. It wastes your time and annoys the pig. With that said and you being the expert and all:

back at yeah...:rolleyes:

Dragonzbane76
10-27-2009, 04:37 AM
5th Generation Bak Siu Lum I know nothing of Chiropractics.

grats... this should mean what to me again?.... I would have been more impressed if you had said you were a chiropractor. :rolleyes:

Frost
10-27-2009, 04:55 AM
i dont think anyone here is arguing against the fact that full time mma fighters are going to be able to fight.

thats common sense.

what about part time MMA fighters/practitioners? are they wasting their time? how about a kungfu practitioner that trains in a realisic manner on a part time basis? how about a kungfu practitioner that trains full time in a realistic manner?

surely no one here is implying that there are no part/full time realistic cma practitioners are they?

Nope but I would argue that if you only had a few hours a week to train and your goals was to become a better fighter then the MMA route is the way to go,

Frost
10-27-2009, 04:56 AM
well, in regards to the elderly, similar to the videos of many street fights going to the ground (little of which encompass actual good ground fighting, its usually rough and tumble style, not true ground fighting experts, for the most part. discounting set ups.) there are thousands of elderly kungfu practitioners doing physical movements and routines that even middle aged average americans can not do.

there is a large portion of chinese martial artists that do focus on health and longevity, many of these practitioners will continue to be active in old age, to a degree that many elderly people cannot even dream of. this is a simple fact.

visit an american elderly home and ask one to touch their toes (simplest of stretches) and see their reaction.

How much of this is down to kung fu and how much to the lifestyle they led?
That generation in China were far more active on a day to day basis than their western counter parts, they had to be: walking everywhere or riding the bike, working in the fields, squatting to sit and use the toilet and so on, this meant they were used to always being active and moving in a full range of motion when compared to the western counterparts, and this is not just a Chinese phenomenon, all across Asia, India and other third world counties you will see the same when comparing their older generation to those in the USA.

Now I would wager that as the current crop of Chinese youngsters grow older (those that are office based, living in cities commuting on trains, in cars etc and sitting all day long) you will see the same problem with them as you see in the west

MasterKiller
10-27-2009, 06:10 AM
my style has dynamic yoga postures in it pal...Not answering my question implies that I'm correct anfd you only train because you like to hug up with the boys and it makes you feel strong at the end of the day...kung fu does the same thing for me minus the hugging and i already wrassled as a youth, it doesn't take a black belt to break a guys arm and you not gonna break a super black belts arm he will be faster you better pull out your gun. most guys i grew up with knife fight in prisons, i avoid that life style, my one buddy denis kang did good in pride failed in ufc lol i guess his athleticism started to dwindle.

i was just playing devil's advocate didn't read the whole thread...if you want to be a real martial artists be a cop you can then legally shoot people. I like martial arts it's a culture I always felt kinship with it's no big deal.

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5508&d=1256648994

Scott R. Brown
10-27-2009, 08:46 AM
Went to CPSLO. We'z neighboors:D Miss Pismo:(

My grandfather taught there, my father graduated from there, i went but never finished and my first son will be there in a few years.

Nice school, but even nicer in the old days!:)

Lucas
10-27-2009, 10:23 AM
How much of this is down to kung fu and how much to the lifestyle they led?
That generation in China were far more active on a day to day basis than their western counter parts, they had to be: walking everywhere or riding the bike, working in the fields, squatting to sit and use the toilet and so on, this meant they were used to always being active and moving in a full range of motion when compared to the western counterparts, and this is not just a Chinese phenomenon, all across Asia, India and other third world counties you will see the same when comparing their older generation to those in the USA.

Now I would wager that as the current crop of Chinese youngsters grow older (those that are office based, living in cities commuting on trains, in cars etc and sitting all day long) you will see the same problem with them as you see in the west

likewise, many individuals in the USA who begin a study of CMA and focus on healthy aspects will be much more active in their old age, due to their practice. ill prove it to you when im 80.....

uki
10-27-2009, 01:12 PM
Nope but I would argue that if you only had a few hours a week to train and your goals was to become a better fighter then the MMA route is the way to go,highly subjective... my martial art seems to work just fine and i don't hardly even have to raise a finger - or maybe it's my mason job that works so well or maybe the iron ball juggling, then again, it might simply be the tattoo across my face... whatever it is, i have yet to have a "problem".

they say when you are just being yourself, no one has any power over you at all ever. :)

Lucas
10-27-2009, 01:24 PM
eye contact is the largest determent, ime

uki
10-27-2009, 01:25 PM
eye contact is the largest determent, imehell yeah... i like watching the other guys going cross-eyed from my tat - they seem to have a problem focusing. :D

Lucas
10-27-2009, 01:27 PM
id just have my hands itching for a pair of scissors ! :eek:

;)

uki
10-27-2009, 01:29 PM
id just have my hands itching for a pair of scissors !cut along the dotted line.

Lucas
10-27-2009, 01:31 PM
cut along the dotted line.

:p

that was my general line of thought....although...what might i find behind the line?

uki
10-27-2009, 01:39 PM
what might i find behind the line?you can be sure there are plenty of things you won't find.

Frost
10-28-2009, 03:52 AM
highly subjective... my martial art seems to work just fine and i don't hardly even have to raise a finger - or maybe it's my mason job that works so well or maybe the iron ball juggling, then again, it might simply be the tattoo across my face... whatever it is, i have yet to have a "problem".

they say when you are just being yourself, no one has any power over you at all ever. :)

Not really that subjective, I said if his goals were to be a better fighter, I.e. he wants to be able to fight… which usually means more than just having to look tough walking down a street….. if it hits the fan I would back the guy who only trained 3 hours a week but hit the pads, sparred and conditioned in those three hours over the guy that did forms, chi kung, punches air does weapon forms etc, its not rocket science really

uki
10-28-2009, 04:00 AM
Not really that subjective, I said if his goals were to be a better fighter, I.e. he wants to be able to fight… which usually means more than just having to look tough walking down a street….. if it hits the fan I would back the guy who only trained 3 hours a week but hit the pads, sparred and conditioned in those three hours over the guy that did forms, chi kung, punches air does weapon forms etc, its not rocket science reallyLOL... you're cute. :)

Dragonzbane76
10-28-2009, 04:18 AM
haha your not going to win an argument with Uki.... and then again why would you want to?

http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/high-scores-theyre-really-important-to-some-people-demotivational-poster.jpg

David Jamieson
10-28-2009, 05:08 AM
haha your not going to win an argument with Uki.... and then again why would you want to?

http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/high-scores-theyre-really-important-to-some-people-demotivational-poster.jpg

uki doesn't argue, he spouts.

He seems to have a learning disability around the visual learning style.
Maybe he's more of a hands on kind of guy, in which case, a forum is just a place for him to dump words that he can string together into semi intelligible sentences.

nothing personal uki, just an observation based on the materials you offer us here.

now, feel free to go ahead with your standard insults because your feelings are hurt. :p

uki
10-28-2009, 06:35 AM
a forum is just a place for him to dump words that he can string together into semi intelligible sentences.then again my sentences may be more intelligent and than your understanding of them. :p

nothing personal uki, just an observation based on the materials you offer us here.i present the materials, you are all free to paint whatever picture you want.

now, feel free to go ahead with your standard insults because your feelings are hurt.sticks and stones may break my bones, but pixels will never hurt me. :D

David Jamieson
10-28-2009, 07:06 AM
then again my sentences may be more intelligent and than your understanding of them. :p
i present the materials, you are all free to paint whatever picture you want.
sticks and stones may break my bones, but pixels will never hurt me. :D

a)or they are the jibberish that they are.

b)these materials are defective, please take them back, i'll getthem elsewhere.

c)they hurt you enough to constantly respond to them. :)

Frost
10-28-2009, 07:09 AM
a)or they are the jibberish that they are.

b)these materials are defective, please take them back, i'll getthem elsewhere.

c)they hurt you enough to constantly respond to them. :)

I vote for A) all day long, although he could very well be trolling as I have a hard time believing anyone as dumb as he appears to be is not under constant supervision and kept away from computers and sharp implements

uki
10-28-2009, 07:16 AM
a)or they are the jibberish that they are.so you acknowledge you don't understand jibberish?

b)these materials are defective, please take them back, i'll getthem elsewhere.adaptability is what sets humankind aside...

c)they hurt you enough to constantly respond to them.the purpose of a message board is to post messages... if i did not respond, how would i initiate or partake in the conversations? :)

MasterKiller
10-28-2009, 07:38 AM
How the f@ck does UKI post all day? Most of us work in front of computers, but he's a mason and works outside.

Dragonzbane76
10-28-2009, 07:41 AM
lol you know i was thinking the same thing. .... I did construction for years and never had time to sit in front of a computer unless it was raining and were sent home.

so you acknowledge you don't understand jibberish?

haha who the hell does? welll let me take that back YOU do I presume? :eek:

Lucas
10-28-2009, 09:38 AM
im sure he'll tell you

uki
10-28-2009, 09:53 AM
it's really a no brainer... i get up at like 3am and do my posting and stuff then, then i do some forms, then i go to work... today DID happen to be raining and i have really no desire to do anything else but drink my arrogant ******* ale and post here. :p

Iron_Eagle_76
10-28-2009, 12:16 PM
it's really a no brainer... i get up at like 3am and do my posting and stuff then, then i do some forms, then i go to work... today DID happen to be raining and i have really no desire to do anything else but drink my arrogant ******* ale and post here. :p

Baah, with all the secret techniques you posess, you should be able to stop the rain. Or at least use a chi fireball to keep the area you are pouring concrete dry.:D

bawang
10-28-2009, 02:59 PM
i hate bears
why do you hate bears?!?!?
what are you afraid of??

Dragonzbane76
10-28-2009, 03:03 PM
why do you hate bears?!?!?
what are you afraid of??

he's affraid it will teach him mma.

bawang
10-28-2009, 03:04 PM
bears are our friends and an important part of the ecosystem
save the bears

Scott R. Brown
10-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Baah, with all the secret techniques you posess, you should be able to stop the rain. Or at least use a chi fireball to keep the area you are pouring concrete dry.:D

Maybe he is the one who made it rain!

Lokhopkuen
10-28-2009, 07:08 PM

En-fussing the entire body with the spirit perhaps?

Harmonized teaching and training techniques which may serve either as self-defense, healing, psychological revelation, vivifying exercise, or a spiritual path, and could act as a catalyst to people who would normally not be interested in spiritual practices or other esoteric training?