PDA

View Full Version : Relocating, Where to Train?

Scarletmantis
08-26-2001, 09:18 PM
I am looking for a reputable Northern Mantis school in the mid-west or on the west coast. I am planning on moving to a city or town specifically to train for ten years minimum. This will take alot of preperation, so contact numbers or E-mail addresses for the school would be useful. I would especially like to hear from students who train at the schools they are recommending. Thanks in advance! :)

"The essence of life is struggle and it's goal is domination. There are higher goals and deeper meanings, but they exist only within the mind of man. The reality of life is war."

- The Way and the Power

Taijimantis
08-26-2001, 11:28 PM
There are reputable Northern Mantis Schools in California.

Scarletmantis
08-27-2001, 07:54 AM
If you know of a good school in California, let me know. It's not that I must move across country, rather, I am willing to. I'd like to get in touch with as many teachers as possible and select the one who will work for me.
Come on guys, help me out here. Every one of you has got to be training somewhere.

"The essence of life is struggle and it's goal is domination. There are higher goals and deeper meanings, but they exist only within the mind of man. The reality of life is war."

- The Way and the Power

Taijimantis
08-27-2001, 04:29 PM
Unless you have nothing else to do in life...

Personally I dont know of any of my Sihings that just train in kungfu. Like myself, I teach Tang soo Do, Go to School full time, have 3 children (one neurologically impaired) and try and support them and my wife... thus I have to go to work.

But if you want to make a go of it go for it. Do it while you are young and able.

Check out the schools in California.
You can start with the Tai Mantis Association and Paul Eng. Master Eng is an authority on 7* Mantis as well as being the association head for Tai Mantis (although I wish they would call it what it is Tai Chi Praying Mantis)
There is a school In Walnut Creek I believe my Sifu speaks well of.

Check it out.

Good Luck

Taijimantis
08-27-2001, 04:29 PM
Watch out for the "fake" sifu...
lol

EARTH DRAGON
08-27-2001, 08:38 PM
if you are lucky enough to live near san fransico you are in the mecca of kung fu masters, that is where I got my training and their are far many more masters that reside there then anywhere else in the U.S try my sifu school www.8step.com (http://www.8step.com) or if you like seven star branden lai has a school there as well as adam hsu and doc fei wong and tat ma wong good luck

http://www.kungfuUSA.net