PDA

View Full Version : Bringing martial arts weapons into Canada - immigration problem?

warr10rdude
10-29-2009, 01:00 PM
Hi,

I will be going on a trip back to Southeast Asia, and plan to purchase a Kwan Tao (just blade and tail) and probably one or two broadswords. I was just wondering if anyone could advise on whether there will be problems bringing them in past Canadian immigration. Obviously I will be packing them into a luggage and checking them in, but still, I am a little concerned on whether immigration in Canada will confiscate them upon entry. Any ideas? Thanks very much.

David Jamieson
10-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Hi,

I will be going on a trip back to Southeast Asia, and plan to purchase a Kwan Tao (just blade and tail) and probably one or two broadswords. I was just wondering if anyone could advise on whether there will be problems bringing them in past Canadian immigration. Obviously I will be packing them into a luggage and checking them in, but still, I am a little concerned on whether immigration in Canada will confiscate them upon entry. Any ideas? Thanks very much.

Read this carefully: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5044-eng.html

sanjuro_ronin
10-29-2009, 01:17 PM
Hi,

Swords are NOT an issue, I have many of them.
Knives are not an issue either ( fixed and folding).
Nunchakus are and so are:
Push daggers
Projectile knives
Shuriken ( but not throwing knives)

warr10rdude
11-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. Always wondered what the deal was with the nunchaku, shuriken, and manrikigusari thingy being prohibited and all. One can easily make them but I suppose you just can't bring them in?!?!?!

David Jamieson
11-05-2009, 02:10 PM
It's all mentioned in the link I posted.

Yes, you can't bring in those weapons.
No rhyme or reaosn to it, jsut a reactionary legislature taht as soon as something goes wrong with anything, they ban it.

welcome to canada where our silence is our pride! lol

Tid Sin
11-06-2009, 11:56 AM
welcome to canada where our silence is our pride! lol

Ain't that the truth?!? lol <quietly goes back to line-up at Timmy's>