PDA

View Full Version : sword wound

Dragonzbane76
10-30-2009, 07:33 AM
betcha that hurt....

http://www.sword-buyers-guide.com/images/sword-injury.jpg

This injury was caused by a Gladius sword that cut right through the target and kept going, biting deep into the cutters leg and causing him to lose 6 pints of blood and requiring 66 stiches and emergency surgery...

sanjuro_ronin
10-30-2009, 07:42 AM
Kids...what can you do?

Boston Bagua
10-30-2009, 01:20 PM
You should train with mock ups before you start throwing around sharpened steel around your body.

Lucky he did not lose the limb...

Dragonzbane76
10-30-2009, 01:51 PM
wasn't me found it earlier today while looking at some swords... just wanted to comment that it probably didn't feel good. :)

dimethylsea
10-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Royce would have choked out the guy with the gladius...

..oh wait.. when you fight a gladius you can lose liters of blood... who would have thought.. but.. but.. how do you spar 100% with that?

Yum Cha
10-30-2009, 02:48 PM
...its all fun and games until somebody loses a leg....

Boston Bagua
10-30-2009, 02:56 PM
QFT

Quoted For Truth

uki
10-30-2009, 02:57 PM
...its all fun and games until somebody loses a leg....back in rome that WAS the game. :D

GeneChing
10-30-2009, 03:50 PM
...the sword point, that is. :p I'd tune back into UFC if they allowed weapons.

That's a wicked lac. I'm trying to visualize how much I would have to over swing my cut to deliver a cut to the back of my calf like that. I once cut my left thumb doing trying to get that koiuchi in iaido (http://www.martialartsmart.com/dvd-js001.html). I still have the scar. But this makes my scar look like a hangnail.

Dragonzbane76
10-30-2009, 06:33 PM
honestly about hung myself one time with a whip chain... did the arc around the neck thing and slung it out, but out was up and it latched onto a pipe in the ceiling and i was on my tip toes.... gasping for air until on of the other students came and helped me...

fun times with whip chains....

uki
10-31-2009, 12:41 AM
i cracked myself in the temple with a 21lb iron bar... i also cracked myself in the ear with one of tigerclaw's metal bo staffs - i broke my hearing aide in the ear and had to pick the pieces out with tweezers... i have avoided serious injury for the most part... i did cut my knee doing a broadsword and crescent knife form - i was kinda like brushing my knee without adjusting my arm to compensate the blade... i had to sew that one back together with a pair of pliers, a beer cap, a sewing needle, and some thread. :D

Scott R. Brown
10-31-2009, 08:41 AM
Roman Gladiators and Legionnaires trained with wooden weapons that weighed more than the actual weapon.

Drake
10-31-2009, 09:14 AM
I'm amazed that stupid Americans wanting to be ninjas/kung fu masters/roman legionnaires/celtic warriors don't kill each other and themselves more often. It's either dumb luck or shoddy craftsmanship.

But that photo shows that the gladius isn't some silly toy. It's used to kill, and had he not been near medical services, it would have done its job.

uki
10-31-2009, 10:01 AM
Roman Gladiators and Legionnaires trained with wooden weapons that weighed more than the actual weapon.and of course we all know the roman legionnaires are physically inferiour when compared to the modern warriors of the 21st century. :rolleyes:

I'm amazed that stupid Americans wanting to be ninjas/kung fu masters/roman legionnaires/celtic warriors don't kill each other and themselves more often.i'm amazed stupid military pilots can't read a radar properly and have to collide with other dumb military crafts. :p

taai gihk yahn
10-31-2009, 10:04 AM
i i also cracked myself in the ear with one of tigerclaw's metal bo staffs -
sounds like grounds for a protracted and ugly lawsuit to me...;)

uki
10-31-2009, 10:05 AM
sounds like grounds for a protracted and ugly lawsuit to me...meh... only pussies sue someone else for their own stupidity. :D

Drake
10-31-2009, 10:48 AM
and of course we all know the roman legionnaires are physically inferiour when compared to the modern warriors of the 21st century. :rolleyes:

i'm amazed stupid military pilots can't read a radar properly and have to collide with other dumb military crafts. :p

Have you even SEEN the interior of these "crafts"? You have to be an insane multi-tasking fool in order to pilot these things. It's not a steering wheel and a little round thing going "bloop bloop". They have to be able to monitor hundreds of pieces of equipment... simultaneously. Have you ever flown anything? Even civilian aviation equipment is extremely complicated, and ATC's are known for having nervous breakdowns due to the difficulty of their work.

uki
11-01-2009, 02:43 AM
ATC's are known for having nervous breakdowns due to the difficulty of their work.awwwww... boo-hoo. that's it... the pilots had a simultaneous nervous breakdown en route. :D

Dragonzbane76
11-01-2009, 06:26 AM
awwwww... boo-hoo. that's it... the pilots had a simultaneous nervous breakdown en route.

watch out drake that lines booby trapped....;)

uki
11-01-2009, 07:43 AM
watch out drake that lines booby trapped...nah. drakes a trained soldier - he's used to hotheaded words. :p

Drake
11-01-2009, 10:14 AM
watch out drake that lines booby trapped....;)

Not really. He just didn't bother understanding what he read. No biggie. There's no shortage of ignorant people in this world, and to get unhinged by every one I see or hear would drive a man insane.

Yum Cha
11-01-2009, 03:02 PM
I once got hit with the ugly stick, but I suppose, that's something different...

uki
11-02-2009, 02:36 AM
but I suppose, that's something different...LOL. they still hurt. :D

UK MONK
11-05-2009, 09:39 AM
i once cut into my right ear cos i was doing a drunken sword form. lucky for me it wasnt a sharpened sword. if it was, it could have been a lot worse!!!

i personally dont see the "Point" get it :p. of training with sharp weapons. it can only end in disaster. im glad the guy was ok.

David Jamieson
11-05-2009, 10:40 AM
how'd the guy get cut anyway?

Did he do that himself?

If so, he clearly didn't know how to use the weapon?

You shouldn't be cutting yourselves with weapons. ever. You are supposed to cut the other guy.

Put down the real weapon and learn with the wooden ones until you learn and understand. There are no moves in any method that are a danger to the self as far as I know.

acquiring a wound like that on yourself is pure ignorance.

But if someone else cut you, then you lose! hahahaha! Be thankful it's not your throat. :)

even hitting yourself with a bludgeon weapon is indicative of not understanding the weapon.

sanjuro_ronin
11-05-2009, 10:45 AM
...the sword point, that is. :p I'd tune back into UFC if they allowed weapons.

That's a wicked lac. I'm trying to visualize how much I would have to over swing my cut to deliver a cut to the back of my calf like that. I once cut my left thumb doing trying to get that koiuchi in iaido (http://www.martialartsmart.com/dvd-js001.html). I still have the scar. But this makes my scar look like a hangnail.

The UFC found the full contact stick fighting of the Dog Brothers "too violent".
Sorry Gene.

David Jamieson
11-05-2009, 11:03 AM
The UFC found the full contact stick fighting of the Dog Brothers "too violent".
Sorry Gene.

ufc = nhb for wwe fans.

uki
11-05-2009, 11:35 AM
even hitting yourself with a bludgeon weapon is indicative of not understanding the weapon.its better than learning your lesson from someone else hitting you with it. :p

sanjuro_ronin
11-05-2009, 11:45 AM
its better than learning your lesson from someone else hitting you with it. :p

I know you are probably kidding, but NO it's not.
The lesson you learn by hitting yourself is that you are clumsy and should be paling chess.
When someone hist you it means you need to work on footwork, blocks and evasion, to name only 3 things.