PDA

View Full Version : Kungfu Magazine should think twice... KFO moderation

Taijimantis
09-04-2001, 02:23 PM
I have been coming to KFo off and on for quite a while.
I have gotten upset in the past about trolling, but I have to tell you that if people are too busy to actually read these threads and remove the inappropriate material, then these individuals need to step down so that someone else can take care of these boards.

it is one thing to see childish namecalling when differences in opinion arise, but these moderators are allowing crass and vulgar personal attacks and commentary for no valid reason. It has caused me to lose a lot of respect for certain individuals in this Forum and to be honest If I was running Kungfu Magazine, I would have second thoughts about linking my publication and buisness to a site that is so blatantly disrespectful of others and inappropriate for younger martial artists.

I for one just find it sad that so-called martial artists... or adults period feel that such actions are appropriate. I would like very much to hear what members of the Kungfu Magazine Staff have to say on this subject. Are they even aware that they are putting their name on such foolishness? If so perhaps it is time I reevaluate my subscription status?

And Moderators... what are you thinking? Are you even reading these posts? I dont know much about moderation but I do know that if you can bleep words that are deemed offensive by going **** then you certainly have some editing powers.

Use them please.

Shanti

Kiasyd
09-04-2001, 05:42 PM
I always defend the "freedom of speech", always liked the internet for providing that to people, but as TaijiMantis said, the quality of the posts on these boards, today, is awful. And I think that with proper moderation this wouldn´t be a problem at all...

-- Kiasyd

EARTH DRAGON
09-04-2001, 07:24 PM
I have contacted lizmantis the moderater on this board but she has email me and told me she has little or no power when it comes to monitoring the threads. I suggested to her to put manditory questions on the profile so that people cannot leave them blank, their email address is not even valid. she has assure me that steeve the forum creator will be in contact with me or her to trace the cookies/leads and isp address for the person who is breaking FCC codes by threatening people in in illegal mannor. Its a shame that people log on to this site for valid questions and opinons and have to deal with some bad apples that ruin it for everybody. so anyone else feel free to contact the moderator and let them know how you feel ! maybe if we get enough complaints about certain people they can resolve this matter.

http://www.kungfuUSA.net

Taijimantis
09-05-2001, 03:04 AM
My better judgement told me not to respond at all.
But EARTHDRAGON...
What then?
KFO has the power to delete messages. You posted the information itself. What is the point of moderation if nothing is done?

The first thing that we can do is to not to encourage the type of offensive behavior, and EARTHDRAGON you responded to every one of 6hmantis' flames.

You know he isnt sleeping with your wife. He knows it too. Let it go. All you do is make him come back and give it to you more.
Be the "bigger man". Quite frankly you say one thing and do the other, and this is the type of behavior and example I find very difficult to respect.

KF Magazine is a fine publication.
I hope it takes more of an interest in what its name is being connected with in the future. As for me I wont be posting here any more for a while, or on Kungfu U.S.A.

lol. I know, I know... Im sure I'll be missed, lol!

I just cant stomach it any more. I come looking for good topics and find garbage.

Shanti.

6hmantis
09-05-2001, 03:32 AM
I am very sorry to air my differences on this form. The fact is all of James suns 8 step kung fu is not real! all you have to do is check with some 8 step people from the homeland with e-mail. And they can tell you the whole story. I give my word that I will not be mean or call them bad names. But I did have a thing going with mikes wife....Sorry Mike

xygie
09-05-2001, 05:23 AM
EARTHDRAGON should turn himself into the nearest kung fu online moderator...

Better yet, the entire James Sun organization should be turned into the F.B.I.

EARTH DRAGON
09-05-2001, 05:25 AM
just becuse you were kicked out of the system why would you ever talk about someones family? what does that have to do with kung fu? I realize that you are jealous of me because you have no teacher anymore but saying thigs about my wife is just plain sick! again jealousy, envy and regret is one thing but leave it at that! I have been in touch with the mod and the admin to have you banned from this forum!

LizMantis
09-05-2001, 07:13 AM
Well... Seems as if everyone is not happy right now.
EARTH DRAGON & TaijiManits As I told ED I do have very little powers when it comes to moderation. I can not delete the hole thread once if it has replys. So if it is a stupid post please do not reply. Also I an not the one who makes the form of signing up to be a member. So I can not make any manditory questions on the profile. Wish I could. I also can not delete a single member from the board. All I can do is delete and edit replys.
Now as ED said 8stepstudents e-mail was not even right. So I dont even know if he is still moderating. Dont think that he is. So its kinda hard for one person to do something that 1000s of people post on. And I can not watch the boards 24/7 you have to remeber that people can post on here 24 hours a day. One way to fix this would be to make it were you can only post at certin times of the day. But something just to think about..

Once agian I am very sorry for any trouble this has caused you.
LizMantis

www.kungfuexchange.com (http://www.kungfuexchange.com)

Scarletmantis
09-05-2001, 08:48 AM
What do you have to do to be a moderator? One way to cut down on the workload Liz, would be to have multiple moderators for each board. I personally read just about every new post. If you got a few volunteers...

"The essence of life is struggle and it's goal is domination. There are higher goals and deeper meanings, but they exist only within the mind of man. The reality of life is war."

- The Way and the Power

HuangKaiVun
09-05-2001, 08:54 AM
Then why is it that 6stepmantis's utterly offensive posts haven't been "deleted and edited", lizmantis?

Here we are asking you to edit a set of offensive posts by 6stepmantis/xygie, and you still won't do it despite your moderator status? Or do you value free speech that much?

We as forum members will alert you to offensive stuff - but it is YOUR call whether or not to LISTEN.

xygie
09-05-2001, 02:08 PM
Read your own posts EARTHDRAGON. If anyone is banned it should be you.

Those of you who are not on the receiving end of James Sun and Co.'s ongoing harrassment are only aware of what transpires on this forum. You are unaware of what people like Mike Haley are doing behind this scene.

Kiasyd
09-05-2001, 04:10 PM
I'm quite able to read posts during 10 hs a day, aprox.

-- Kiasyd

EARTH DRAGON
09-05-2001, 05:16 PM
george xygie,6hmantis, you are all the same person you have more than 1 account they found that out by tracing your cookie/leads and ISP address so stop with the crap about I'm not who I claim to be! I've had admin and mods from every board checking out your little game and your rude and threatening posts. The next step after we contact your ISP and file a complaint is pressing charges through the FCC who have also been contacted due to artical 1053.2 of the federal communications act! maybe you've never heard of it but you broken a federal law so keep it up! just that much easier to prove!

LizMantis
09-05-2001, 07:01 PM
I do read every post. And belive in free speech. And no i did not delete every post the 6stepmantis has posted due the the fact that some of them were defend him/her self. Not all were talking about people of the friends/familys.

Also I think getting some more people helping on watching the forms would be a great idea. I am not the one who picks the people who do that. But if someone knows send me the e-mail and I will e-mail them asking for more help.

www.kungfuexchange.com (http://www.kungfuexchange.com)