PDA

View Full Version : Fort Hood, TX

Drake
11-06-2009, 04:02 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, if you could take just a small moment out of your day to silently remember the victims of yesterday's horrific acts. I can't see any of you, so you're on the honor code.

FYI: One of my friends was across the street from where it happened. Kudos to the law enforcement, SWAT, and MPs who reacted swiftly and courageously.

PS: You know who you are. If you want to post something disrespectful or rude, PM me. This isn't the place for it.

BoulderDawg
11-13-2009, 02:22 PM
Well the lies have started.

That women who the military is saying that she's a hero and who is claiming "brought down' the shooter is now saying "What?"

Apparently this is Jessica Lynch all over again. This women is claiming she didn't shoot anybody.

We'll never know it because the army will cover it up but I'll bet when they dig all the bullets out of those people they'll find out that a few of them were shot by the so-called "Heroes" with friendly fire.

uki
11-13-2009, 03:32 PM
hey... when you join the military you are signing up to play with fire that might burn ya... just like being a police officer, it comes with the territory - no disrespect intended, just viewing it in a realistic manner. personally i think it is a bit absurd that a soldier cannot carry a gun on base... sounds abit morbid considering that the military touts itself with developing discipline, yet they do not trust their soldiers to be armed?? and you can be sure it didn't happen the way they officially tell you it did. :)

1bad65
11-13-2009, 03:43 PM
and you can be sure it didn't happen the way they officially tell you it did. :)

Considering the press and Obama refuse to even mention the words "Muslim" or "terrorist", you may be on to something.

Of course once they admit a Muslim terrorist murdered 13 American sevicemen and women, they will be telling the whole, simple truth.

Lucas
11-13-2009, 03:52 PM
im sorry, i have not been following this news. does anyone have a link to a summary or can they do that here. preferably a news source that isnt spouting mere rumor...

uki
11-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Considering the press and Obama refuse to even mention the words "Muslim" or "terrorist", you may be on to something. it's really a no shocker... had it been a white christian they would have been labelled a right wing extremist lone nut in a heartbeat. :rolleyes:

Of course once they admit a Muslim terrorist murdered 13 American sevicemen and women, they will be telling the whole, simple truth.i tend to gravitate towards psyops gone awry - i am giving the guy the benefit of the doubt considering his service to his country, his family, and the mere fact that it's already a hacked story... remember the movie "the men who stare at goats" has just come out or is about to. :)

Drake
11-13-2009, 04:58 PM
Aside from BD's highly offensive post, a number of us officers are refraining from defining this as a "muslim" crime against the troops. I think my peers and I have come to the conclusion that while he may have been motivated by extremist ideologies, they were, in fact, a form of justification for a man who was clearly disturbed.

It's also a given that the local imam in the area told him that "there is something wrong with you" when he expressed his radical beliefs to him.

Uki, as for weapons on post, we are not allowed to carry our privately owned weapons around like that. The Army is actually very strict on arms control and how weapons are stored. Many people who have their own weapons tend to keep them off post to avoid any problems. MAJ Hasan was able to take advantage of the fact that the gate guards are unable to search every single vehicle, as that would be a logistical impossibility, especially at a post as large as Ft. Hood.

Also, the problem isn't knowledge of the danger of military service. The problem is it happened in the US, and it happened on a military base, and most importantly, it was conducted by a commissioned field grade officer. Funny how he didn't mind accepting the free medical school and excellent pay and benefits until it came time for the inevitable deployment, where he wouldn't even be fighting, but instead helping troubled people.

You are right, as the truth in its entirety has not come out yet. It will likely be some time before we get the whole story, as the reporting and investigation process is meticulous and lengthy, with a number of steps it must go through. Hopefully, this time our leadership will wait until the full story comes out before making any definite statements about what happened.

Finally, I think we all would've been equally devastated and angry had the shooter been a christian extremist. In the end, it's more about selfish, mentally disturbed individuals than actual religious conviction.

mawali
11-13-2009, 05:38 PM
This is the epitome of workplace violence!
It is incidental that the fellow happened to be Muslim but he was American.
HE lied in wait, planned with malice aforethought to do harmto innocent fellow brother in arms and for that he should be punished accordingly.

Since he admired shahid (i.s. suicide bombers) let him be sent into the lair of the enemy and if he survived, then let him go free! allahu akbar

Media manipulation is always there so individuals have to sift through the BS.
The hero or villan the media anoints is rarely said hero! or villan!