PDA

View Full Version : fedor vs. rogers.

Dragonzbane76
11-08-2009, 06:44 AM
What was everyones thoughts on this fight? Interested to hear what everyone has to say about it.

Vajramusti
11-08-2009, 01:50 PM
What was everyones thoughts on this fight? Interested to hear what everyone has to say about it.-
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fedor was superbly focused, limber, powerful and showed great timing.His ability to detect key weaknesses of his opponent is remarkable. Fedor also adapted to Arlovski well in his last fight. Despite training with Roach, Arlovski lifted his knee giving Fedor the opportunity. With Rogers he noticed "the play of his feet" in the first round. Fedor also showed grace under fire when Roger's early jab landed on the bridge of Fedor's nose.

The last match before the Fedor- Rogers match was gosh awful.

joy chaudhuri

Hebrew Hammer
11-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Fedor is a thing of beauty to watch...so explosive with his hips in striking and grappling. He is the amazing MMA fighter...I have never seen him throw a kick, he has speed, power, and amazing reaction times...I think they other guy said it..timing and a brilliant tactician.

Ultimatewingchun
11-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Huge Parallels:

Allegedly an undersized heavyweight who just seems to always find a way of beating EVERYONE he fights - including guys who are taller and heavier...extremely strong - especially in the legs and core...tremendous knockout power in both hands - often coming in the form of one single punch...throws unorthodox overhands and uppercuts that are launched with his entire body and that can explode out of nowhere at any moment...slow starter who sometimes takes some damage (including some occasional bleeding) in the early going - before wearing his man down and finishing big...always fights with a very agressive "I'm coming right in to get you" approach - yet is deceptively good at defense (often underated in this regard)...always outlasts his opponents in terms of stamina...is undefeated...real, genuine God-fearing family man who never left his hometown and humble roots...

and never seems to get the true credit he deserves.

SAAMAG
11-08-2009, 08:02 PM
First time I got to see Fedor fight outside of youtube videos. I've always been amazed at how "normal" looking he is...I'd hate to be the guy who doesn't know who he is and underestimates him as being just some overweight guy in a bar.

I was actually scared for the Sam's tire tosser. I knew the end result (as I think everyone did) and found it odd that he didn't end the fight in the first round, but his explanation afterwards made sense...he was feeling the guy out.

I loved the sound of the "crack" when that last hit connected. Fedor hits like a mack truck.

I hope they can set something up with him vs Brock Lesnar.

Hebrew Hammer
11-08-2009, 08:56 PM
I think the term 'babyfaced' assassin suits him well...so calm, so under control. That knock out last night had me leaping out of my seat! Wow! I love how unorthodox, seemingly wild, yet deadly accurate his punches are...he almost knocked out Rogers in the first round with that left hook!

MasterKiller
11-09-2009, 07:24 AM
http://i35.tinypic.com/vdz6zm.gif

Vajramusti
11-09-2009, 08:32 AM
Appreciate your sharing the original info on the fight schedule and the key snip from the fight.

joy chaudhuri

Wayfaring
11-10-2009, 11:11 PM
Fedor has the most complete MMA game of our time. His ground game is very advanced Sambo and he's attacking all the time from bottom or top. He has very heavy hands and hits with his body weight behind it. He is amazingly accurate for the kind of power he generates. He has fantastic ring control and strategy. I had to go back and watch the fight over after the interviews.

First round he's feeling out Rogers completely, both on feet, clinch, takedowns, and ground. He got cut pretty bad with the jab, but noticed that Rogers threw the jab with a left stutter-step, with the end of the step having his weight on the left foot. In the second round, when he started the stutter step Fedor unloaded an overhand right that hit the button, over the jab. This was not luck just as the punch that knocked Arlovski lights out was not luck. A very perceptive eye and awesome timing. It was a thing of beauty. I heard Joe Rogan making comments about Fedor being "exposed" in that fight - he's an idiot. It was a thing of beauty.

Humble guy - speaks softly, trains hard - 80% of the pictures you see of him he's running with his group. Lives the same - simply, in spite of riches. Is loyal to his friends and family. Carried the Olympic torch for Russia. Has visits from Putin, who watches his fights and shares his love for Sambo, the Russian sport. The Last Emporer.

And the Strikeforce card was great! 10X better than anything free the UFC has ever put out, and on up there with some of the best cards I can remember. Plus you didn't have to see BLAF's ugly white bald-headed mug all over the camera.

I was really happy and amazed watching Fedor fight this time.

Dragonzbane76
11-11-2009, 05:19 AM
that's one cool and collective russian... must be there demenor.. i've met a few other russians and they tend to have the same.

Just reading his body language, he's all business, kinda like the sooner I knock the sh!t outta this guy in front of me I can go home. :)

his answers to the questions (post fight) were kinda funny.
"Were you ever in trouble during the fight, at anytime?"

"No"

interview went on with same answers from fedor.... lol

they say he really doesn't like being famous...guess that's what makes him interesting.

Dragonzbane76
11-11-2009, 05:32 AM
this just in

An injury to his left hand suffered this past Saturday against Brett Rogers could force Fedor Emelianenko out of action up to the middle of 2010, according to Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker.

"[The hand injury] could've been from that blow when he had Brett on the mat at the end," Coker said in an article published Tuesday on the Los Anglees Times. "We're hearing he could be out for four to six months."

Coker said Fedor suffered torn ligaments in his left thumb and a fractured nose and was taken to the hospital following the night's press conference.

Hand injuries has been a persistent problem throughout Fedor's career. During his PRIDE days, Fedor underwent surgery for a broken hand that sidelined him for the first half of 2006. Last year, Fedor was medically suspended for six months for a hand injury following his Affliction win over Tim Sylvia.

"It's the way he hits," Bas Rutten said on a past episode of HDNet's Inside MMA, as quoted by MMAJunkie. "It's a little awkward. It's not an overhand. It's a really crazy punch, and he connects with it. That's the whole problem, once you connect with a crazy punch."

Shaolin
11-11-2009, 12:29 PM
Lives the same - simply, in spite of riches.

I'm curious as to the payouts. He wasn't making as much in comparison to his opponents when he was fighting Affliction. Arlovski earned 1.5mil to Fedor's 300k; Sylvia earned 800k to his 300k for their fight. For the #1 ranked fighter and someone who's never lost a belt he sure is grossly under paid. But that's one of the reasons we love being his fans because he's not a money hungry, egotistical, lazy fighter.

Ultimatewingchun
11-11-2009, 02:11 PM
fedor has the most complete mma game of our time. His ground game is very advanced sambo and he's attacking all the time from bottom or top. He has very heavy hands and hits with his body weight behind it. He is amazingly accurate for the kind of power he generates. He has fantastic ring control and strategy. I had to go back and watch the fight over after the interviews.

First round he's feeling out rogers completely, both on feet, clinch, takedowns, and ground. He got cut pretty bad with the jab, but noticed that rogers threw the jab with a left stutter-step, with the end of the step having his weight on the left foot. In the second round, when he started the stutter step fedor unloaded an overhand right that hit the button, over the jab. This was not luck just as the punch that knocked arlovski lights out was not luck. A very perceptive eye and awesome timing. It was a thing of beauty. I heard joe rogan making comments about fedor being "exposed" in that fight - he's an idiot. It was a thing of beauty.

Humble guy - speaks softly, trains hard - 80% of the pictures you see of him he's running with his group. Lives the same - simply, in spite of riches. Is loyal to his friends and family. Carried the olympic torch for russia. Has visits from putin, who watches his fights and shares his love for sambo, the russian sport. The last emporer.

And the strikeforce card was great! 10x better than anything free the ufc has ever put out, and on up there with some of the best cards i can remember. Plus you didn't have to see blaf's ugly white bald-headed mug all over the camera.

I was really happy and amazed watching fedor fight this time.

***Excellent Post.

MasterKiller
11-12-2009, 01:54 PM
http://thegarv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/arkhamasylum_fedor.gif

sanjuro_ronin
11-12-2009, 02:02 PM
http://thegarv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/arkhamasylum_fedor.gif

Most awesome gif ever !!!!

Lucas
11-12-2009, 02:51 PM
Most awesome gif ever !!!!

wholeheartedly concur

Dragonzbane76
11-12-2009, 03:37 PM
i'll throw out a ditto to that

Frost
11-13-2009, 06:25 AM
same here, he is the most complete fighter the sport has ever seen, and gives us the best gifs to:)

this one, knocking out alovski and the one where he lulls Randleman into a false sense of security by letting him suplex him into next week before causally ripping his arm off :D

Vajramusti
11-14-2009, 07:13 AM
same here, he is the most complete fighter the sport has ever seen, and gives us the best gifs to:)

this one, knocking out alovski and the one where he lulls Randleman into a false sense of security by letting him suplex him into next week before causally ripping his arm off :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He knows what he is doing and in addition to great power has great timing and a sense of the moment and range and balance. When he punched -the whole body was behind that punch. What was an additional beauty to watch was his recovery of balance after that punch by leaning into his opponent adding to the latter's collapse and fall. Not only was Rogan's past comments on Fedor irrelevant but Roach who had tried to teach Arlovski some boxing was wrong too in an earlier comment where he was critical of Fedor's "boxing" skills.

joy chaudhuri

Ultimatewingchun
11-14-2009, 02:00 PM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
he knows what he is doing and in addition to great power has great timing and a sense of the moment and range and balance. When he punched -the whole body was behind that punch. What was an additional beauty to watch was his recovery of balance after that punch by leaning into his opponent adding to the latter's collapse and fall. Not only was rogan's past comments on fedor irrelevant but roach who had tried to teach arlovski some boxing was wrong too in an earlier comment where he was critical of fedor's "boxing" skills.

Joy chaudhuri

***Joy has hit the correct !!!