PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Blacktiger How long do I need to train with Sifu Liu to learn ZRM?

blackjesus
11-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Do I start learning ZRM right away?
Do you guys do two men drills for fighting application..etc?
Best Regards,
T

Blacktiger
11-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Hi BJ,

I assume you are in Melbourne.

Best thing to do is turn up and have a chat with Master Liu and take a class and see if you enjoy it.

Normally if you wanted to go down that path you would start with Shaolin Liu He as the base.

The Liu He and Ziranmen is taught side by side at the same time.

Years ago you would have to train 10 years minimum in Liu He before you would be introduced to any of the ZRM but Master Liu likes to bring it all in from the start in these modern times.

We do lots drills,apps and partner work etc - there is more than enough to keep one occupied :)

blackjesus
11-12-2009, 08:02 PM
We do lots drills,apps and partner work etc - there is more than enough to keep one occupied :)

Sweet. I actually went to see you guys train last night and talked to your sifu.

I forgot to ask him: Do you guys spar?

I will be going oversea for a month and back in 16 Dec but you guys are going to have a one month break. I might catch the last class before the break and come back after Xmas break.

What is the best way to go there by Public Transport? Tram #70?

Blacktiger
11-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Hi BJ,

I missed last night but on Mondays,Thursdays and Saturdays you get a good 3 hours in - tai chi or chi kung before hand for an hour and then 2 hours of kung fu.

Not sure which tram it is to get there.

But yeah if you are going away- take a class when you get back and get stuck into it in the new year.

As for sparring its not something we do alot of but as with most things with Master Liu tell him what your interested in and go from there.

But if ZRM is what you are after you have found the right place. You will be getting the real deal straight from the source.

And if you dont want to do ZRM or Liu He there is always Xingyi, Bagua, Mantis.

Might see you soon :D

blackjesus
11-15-2009, 08:55 AM
You will see me when I come back for sure! (after 16dec)

How many classes are you doing? Tai Chi as well? :eek:

Blacktiger
11-15-2009, 07:13 PM
You will see me when I come back for sure! (after 16dec)

How many classes are you doing? Tai Chi as well? :eek:

Im in the middle of study at the moment so im doing 2 x a week.

Mondays: Tai Chi for an hour and then 2 hours of KF

Tuesdays: Chi Kung for an hour and then 2 hours of KF

See you then.

blackjesus
11-15-2009, 11:32 PM
Awesome!
I forgot to ask about the fee structure.
I read on the website that it is $110 for a month if I do 2 classes a week.
are the classes 1 hr long? or the 2hrs class on monday is considered as one class as well?
Thanks.