PDA

View Full Version : Judo on ice

MasterKiller
11-15-2009, 07:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxF-tj3vOBs

uki
11-16-2009, 02:01 AM
training anything on ice is highly beneficial to ones overall martial ability... personally i am a fan of the straight sword on ice, under the light of the full moon. :)

Dragonzbane76
11-16-2009, 04:28 AM
was a nice hip toss.

under the light of the full moon.

yeah that will help your sword form out the full moon. :rolleyes: man you believe in some
fu(ked up bullsh!t. keep your voodoo to yourself, you might infect someone else with your misguided crap :p

Lee Chiang Po
11-16-2009, 09:24 AM
I personally don't see any benefits of training on ice unless it is form skating.

Lokhopkuen
11-16-2009, 10:47 AM
was a nice hip toss.

yeah that will help your sword form out the full moon. :rolleyes: man you believe in some
fu(ked up bullsh!t. keep your voodoo to yourself, you might infect someone else with your misguided crap :p

I'd like to see you actually CONTRIBUTE Something besides contentious yammer:rolleyes:

If you knew anything about Chinese Martial Tradition you'd know Uki is quoting from a passage written by Mr. Wan Laisheng (b. 1903), a well-known practitioner and teacher of Chinese martial arts (Natural Boxing and Six Harmonies Boxing) in the first half of the 20th century.
This particular passage is from a short essay that he wrote on the practice of swordplay in his book Wushu huizong, “A Collection of Wushu Teachings”

"I am deeply passionate about our national martial arts; concerning the various boxing arts and weapons, even down to the various secret weapons, although I am not intimately familiar with all of them, yet I still have some past experience with each one. Personally, though, I believe that today’s world, where guns are so powerful, is not like the days of old where one had to completely rely on one’s skill with weapons. If one were to spend ten years or more of bitter training in order to master a particular weapon, not only would this skill not be particularly useful, but it is also a needless waste of time. However, I believe that the practice of boxing (“fist-art”) and swordplay (“sword-art”) is still quite useful. Boxing is useful both in training the body and as a means of self-protection. As for the sword, of all the weapons it is the most elegant and refined.
Chinese scholars have always regarded the sword and the qin (zither) as the companions of the scholar; their praises have been sung in poetry and song, and to practice these is regarded as a refined pursuit. If one can attain the true essence of swordplay, then not only can one, when the moon is bright and the wind calm, draw one’s sword and delight in the “dance” of swordplay; one can also use sword skills to fight with short sticks or a
cane. Truly, among weapons, the sword is the most elegant and sharp; it is not for no reason that it is called a ”treasure”!"

Lucas
11-16-2009, 10:56 AM
i know a lot of people out there do night training, based on the benefits supposed derived from training during that bodily phase of the cycle. a full moon would sure help you see better during night training.

night training is actually pretty common.

Dragonzbane76
11-16-2009, 11:30 AM
I'd like to see you actually CONTRIBUTE Something besides contentious yammer

If you knew anything about Chinese Martial Tradition you'd know Uki is quoting from a passage written by Mr. Wan Laisheng (b. 1903), a well-known practitioner and teacher of Chinese martial arts (Natural Boxing and Six Harmonies Boxing) in the first half of the 20th century.
This particular passage is from a short essay that he wrote on the practice of swordplay in his book Wushu huizong, “A Collection of Wushu Teachings”

"I am deeply passionate about our national martial arts; concerning the various boxing arts and weapons, even down to the various secret weapons, although I am not intimately familiar with all of them, yet I still have some past experience with each one. Personally, though, I believe that today’s world, where guns are so powerful, is not like the days of old where one had to completely rely on one’s skill with weapons. If one were to spend ten years or more of bitter training in order to master a particular weapon, not only would this skill not be particularly useful, but it is also a needless waste of time. However, I believe that the practice of boxing (“fist-art”) and swordplay (“sword-art”) is still quite useful. Boxing is useful both in training the body and as a means of self-protection. As for the sword, of all the weapons it is the most elegant and refined.
Chinese scholars have always regarded the sword and the qin (zither) as the companions of the scholar; their praises have been sung in poetry and song, and to practice these is regarded as a refined pursuit. If one can attain the true essence of swordplay, then not only can one, when the moon is bright and the wind calm, draw one’s sword and delight in the “dance” of swordplay; one can also use sword skills to fight with short sticks or a
cane. Truly, among weapons, the sword is the most elegant and sharp; it is not for no reason that it is called a ”treasure”!"

haha... gotta love it... You know i read half way down your wall of text and was like ' reminds me of a church i once went to, they also worshipped serpents at that church, and hope they don't get bit when they praise the lord.'

I don't care about some obscure reference to some guy dancing in the dark with his toy sword. you traditionalist stuck in your world just make me laugh. Not all are like that but you my friend are the far left standing right beside uki. get caught up in the dogma of it and hold so fiercly to listed probacation passed down by others. No originality, no sense of pride in doing something yourself, taking the orders like a good underling. thinking the 'chi' will save u in the moment of need. it's just so dam funny, the obserditiy of worshipping that which u do. I'm glad you spent half you life wasting time with what you do Lokhopkuen. maybe that's why you get so upset and angry. :)

Ok before all you chim in here. I was stating that for the aboved mentioned, not all are like that, but the above 2 are the far left of it.

Dragonzbane76
11-16-2009, 11:32 AM
oh... like i've seen you contribute anything worth anyones time Lokhopkuen.
I guess its all your point of view now isn't it :p

Lokhopkuen
11-16-2009, 12:52 PM
haha... gotta love it... You know i read half way down your wall of text and was like ' reminds me of a church i once went to, they also worshipped serpents at that church, and hope they don't get bit when they praise the lord.'

I don't care about some obscure reference to some guy dancing in the dark with his toy sword. you traditionalist stuck in your world just make me laugh. Not all are like that but you my friend are the far left standing right beside uki. get caught up in the dogma of it and hold so fiercly to listed probacation passed down by others. No originality, no sense of pride in doing something yourself, taking the orders like a good underling. thinking the 'chi' will save u in the moment of need. it's just so dam funny, the obserditiy of worshipping that which u do. I'm glad you spent half you life wasting time with what you do Lokhopkuen. maybe that's why you get so upset and angry. :)

Ok before all you chim in here. I was stating that for the aboved mentioned, not all are like that, but the above 2 are the far left of it.

BTW:
That "wall of text" is comprised of a series of sentences and paragraphs.
The ability to decode those symbols and fathom their meaning is a skill called READING.
It's a fundamental basic skill to use internet forums bud.

Now we're back to to "What you don't care about"? :rolleyes: b!tch please;)
If you didn't care you wouldn't constantly try to pick conflict with me (or any one you set your rabid convulsive keystrokes toward) you silly little martial neophyte with a micro-soul.

A few days ago you were licking UKI in the tenders, now you're name calling with him?

Your personality disorder is showing.

Now I know you don't care and naturally I'm very hurt by the fact:rolleyes:

but

I don't take orders, I study and attempt to honor tradition,

I'm not asking you to.

You reek of ignor-ance and a lack socialization.

Please:
Go, reinvent the wheel.

I must say though I've bantered with a few here but you my friend take the cake.
What kind of ignorant net-tard comes to a forum about kung fu and talks a bunch of crap about it's doctrines and disciplines from an anonymous screen name?

A coward.

Get up out of the basement and ask gran gran to fix you a samich:p

PS
fu@k-tards don't make me angry,
only sad:(

Dragonzbane76
11-16-2009, 01:19 PM
My name is know far and wide all around the world in association to my dedication and contribution to martial art.

Lokhopkuen is my screen name but everyone knows who I am.

U'r just another troll, so troll off

Now we're back to Your resume or who i've got to impress status *****. :)

A few days ago you were licking UKI in the tenders, now you're name calling with him?

haha I was??? please explain

your follow the leader syndrom is showing please speak on brotha of the holy church.

I don't take orders, I study and attempt to honor tradition,

nah your just stuck in it. stagnet and ever vigilent towards us evil doers of the interwebs....Post your resume again didn't get it the first time

If you haven't noticed by now i'm just following your script... the blue print you layed down...

You reek of ignor-ance and a lack socialization.

If I reek of it you are saturated with it to the heart. My social standing is saved for my family and such :) anyways i have enough friends i don't need more.

Please:
Go, reinvent the wheel.

If we had no wheel then how would we get around? ;)

I've bantered with a few in my time as well, but friend you are the same idiot that always spouts his drivel and falls complacent into line. your no different than the last idiot i bantered with see at least i'm original in that sense you even admit.

my discipline and doctrine are my own. I like to "discuss" MA as well as the next guy, only you seem to take it personal that my views are not yours. sorry i'm not stepping into line with you.

A coward.

haha a coward... wow never actually been called that... i guess if you actually had got to know me you wouldn't call me that, but hey... the key to this is THIS IS THE INTERNET... A FORUM ABOUT MA

i don't have to be stuck in traditional bull crap like you are to partake in a conversation about MA. fighting is fighting just because you call it something else doesn't mean I don't know about it.

uki
11-16-2009, 01:31 PM
i don't know about any toy swords... i got mine for 400 bucks at a third off from 600. nothing like a single billet of steel pounded into a blade and wrapped with a rayskin handle. :D

sanjuro_ronin
11-16-2009, 02:01 PM

Sweet ippon !!

Dragonzbane76
11-16-2009, 03:13 PM
i don't know about any toy swords... i got mine for 400 bucks at a third off from 600. nothing like a single billet of steel pounded into a blade and wrapped with a rayskin handle.

haha uki... i can count on you not to have the easy button on your forehead. :)

THIS IS THE INTERNET... A FORUM ABOUT Kung Fu

Yes my resume is impressive thank you mr. troll.

Ok I'll leave this forum if you take down the sections on MMA, muay thai, judo, BJJ, etc. and only post stuff about kung fu. don't see it happening bub.

as for your resume... well i always like to look from afar at people whom are full of themselves... makes me realize that my life is in pretty good shape. :rolleyes:

Yum Cha
11-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Lets see, a hockey player that can fight on ice? Whoda thought?? Still, amazing stability on those shims of steel on ice.

I love practising on ice, on the rare occasion I come across some.

I also like midnight training....

I also like dawn training....

Far-out, is this a bone of contention now too? LOL:p

Yum Cha
11-16-2009, 05:22 PM
i'd like to see you actually contribute something besides contentious yammer:rolleyes:

If you knew anything about chinese martial tradition you'd know uki is quoting from a passage written by mr. Wan laisheng (b. 1903), a well-known practitioner and teacher of chinese martial arts (natural boxing and six harmonies boxing) in the first half of the 20th century.
This particular passage is from a short essay that he wrote on the practice of swordplay in his book wushu huizong, “a collection of wushu teachings”

"i am deeply passionate about our national martial arts; concerning the various boxing arts and weapons, even down to the various secret weapons, although i am not intimately familiar with all of them, yet i still have some past experience with each one. Personally, though, i believe that today’s world, where guns are so powerful, is not like the days of old where one had to completely rely on one’s skill with weapons. If one were to spend ten years or more of bitter training in order to master a particular weapon, not only would this skill not be particularly useful, but it is also a needless waste of time. However, i believe that the practice of boxing (“fist-art”) and swordplay (“sword-art”) is still quite useful. Boxing is useful both in training the body and as a means of self-protection. As for the sword, of all the weapons it is the most elegant and refined.

>>> snap! <<<

Lokhopkuen
11-16-2009, 06:46 PM
haha uki... i can count on you not to have the easy button on your forehead. :)

Uki: does it tickle?

Ok I'll leave this forum if you take down the sections on MMA, muay thai, judo, BJJ, etc. and only post stuff about kung fu. don't see it happening bub.

as for your resume... well i always like to look from afar at people whom are full of themselves... makes me realize that my life is in pretty good shape. :rolleyes:

I'm not full of myself, I've simply accomplished a high percentage of the things I set for myself to do in life;)

Besides:

My humility is only overshadowed by my talented brilliance, charm, wit, good looks and wealth:D

Did I mention Sexy (http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q69/lokhopkuen/?action=view&current=kisu-1.flv)? ROTFLMMFAO (http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q69/lokhopkuen/?action=view&current=ESSENCE_sm.flv):D:D:D

Wildwoo
11-16-2009, 07:34 PM
was a nice hip toss.

Stuck on stupid huh?:rolleyes:

Wildwoo
11-16-2009, 07:41 PM

Brother Dragonzbane7 I think you are having some sever comprehension issues. Friend I mean seriously can you read or spell?

I hope you never meet Lokhopkuen:rolleyes:

Lokhopkuen
11-17-2009, 02:07 AM
Don't start that crap, he doesn't have a name so you know he doesn't have a location:rolleyes:

uki
11-17-2009, 02:43 AM
Uki: does it tickle?i dunno... the button is stuck. :D

Tao Of The Fist
11-17-2009, 03:05 AM
... to argue to the point of complete and utter nonsense. This is why you make me laugh :D

And Lokhopkuen, my resume is so much better than yours they don't even compare... I printed mine on Hello Kitty paper.

By the way, just outta the blue, my brother made a good point the other day: how come there's no emoticon for a middle finger? Or some way to say screw you...

uki
11-17-2009, 04:29 AM
In my opinion the best time to practice strait sword is after some yao jiu, on a cool moonlight evening. wine, beer, some greens, or shrooms for me... i must say that shrooms is by far the best method of totally and freely expressing yourself thru form. i have had the pleasure on my own without any pre-concieved notions of wether or not it was right or wrong - i just do it. awesome is all i can say... people can say what you will about it, but i am the one who has had the courage to experience first hand what very few probably have. straightsword, broadsword, crescent knives, staves, sticks, empty hand, tiger essence, dragon essence, wind essence, water essence, drunken butterfly dancing, boulder running, squid hands - mind is the path - there is no limit on what one can create and express thru themselves... traditions, rituals, dogmatic thought constraints, all these are limitations and attachments placed on ones mind. better to speak from experience and be percieved the fool, rather than speak from others and be recongized as a king.

Strait sword on ice is pretty similar as you always use the counter weight for balance.plus one has the wonderful benefit of being able to spin like an eddy, become that hurricane dancing on a whirlpool.

Kicking on ice is the big eye opener.busting yer a$$ is a biggie too. :p

I didn't know you could type in Crayon Tao.well it's much better than the finger paint most other folks are using. :)

Dragonzbane76
11-17-2009, 05:22 AM
I'm not full of myself, I've simply accomplished a high percentage of the things I set for myself to do in life

Besides:

My humility is only overshadowed by my talented brilliance, charm, wit, good looks and wealth

Did I mention Sexy? ROTFLMMFAO

need i say more about it... lol

Stuck on stupid huh?

nice the son/student has returned... more fun for the day...:) you guys make me smile.

Brother Dragonzbane7 I think you are having some sever comprehension issues. Friend I mean seriously can you read or spell?

I hope you never meet Lokhopkuen

didn't know this was a spelling B. do i get a trophy if I win :p
Why would you not want me to meet Mr. Lok.? Is he mad at me? I know he has some major anger issues and all but I do not fear for my safety. come on guys no need for threats, I've never threatened your persons, seriously for someone that puts this buddist front on he really needs some help with understanding that others have differing opinons than him. :)

... to argue to the point of complete and utter nonsense. This is why you make me laugh

100% agree, this makes my day go by a lot faster.

Iron_Eagle_76
11-17-2009, 09:21 AM
By the way, just outta the blue, my brother made a good point the other day: how come there's no emoticon for a middle finger? Or some way to say screw you...

This is why my avatar is what it is:p

SoCo KungFu
11-17-2009, 10:58 AM

Funny!

Reminds me of Nate Kaiser, defensive man for Carolina Stingrays. He had done BJJ to keep in shape during off season. Once saw him try to pull a kimura from side in a game. Almost had it but ref pulled him off

Yum Cha
11-17-2009, 02:38 PM
- Ice training, or oiled concrete...
- Atmosphere training (moonlight, dawn, rainstorm),
- Obstacle training (throwing balls, sticks and other rubbish over the training surface, or training amidst the trees in a grove, for example.
- Blind training
- double and half size training footprint
- right and left side interchanges

All these kinds of modifications to the training activity are pretty fun, in my experience, challenging and effective in making me more comfortable with my exercises, more conscious of my technique and executions, and motivating. Key issue there, motivation.

As for improving my 'fighting skills' well, I'd have to put it on the subtle influence side...but over time, who can really measure a lot of subtle changes?

I often wonder now days how I developed certain skills - as opposed to techniques.
This is what I like about the TCMA side of it all. Breadth of training objectives.

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-17-2009, 05:46 PM
ice ice bambi

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/138294-1/Thumper_saves_Bambi.gif