PDA

View Full Version : anyone catch couture v. vera fight?

Dragonzbane76
11-16-2009, 04:31 AM
was wondering how it went didn't get to see it. Read a little about it randy won but they said it was pretty close.

any thoughts?

goju
11-16-2009, 06:26 AM
thats whole card sucked so bad it gave me diarhea
that is all thank you:D

Three Harmonies
11-16-2009, 07:16 AM
Goju pretty much summarized it.
Jake

Dragonzbane76
11-16-2009, 07:42 AM
so none of the undercards were any good? huh... I was looking at the UFC line up for upcoming PPV and wasn't that impressed. Nothing really sticking out.

Ultimatewingchun
11-16-2009, 07:45 AM
Go STRIKEFORCE !!! ;)

Lucas
11-16-2009, 12:03 PM
UFC is turning into mcdonalds of mma...... you have a stupid clown running the show...badabing

Dragonzbane76
11-17-2009, 06:06 AM
yeah finally got to catch some of the fight on a site. Saw were couture caught those kicks. Couture is still king of the clinch, but overall wasn't as dominating a fight for him as i thought it would be.

yeah ufc is getting to a point were they try to pop out a ppv every month or 2 weeks. Don't know if this is hurting or helping but dana white is a douchbag no matter what anyone says. agree about the a$$ clown statemnt on that.

WinterPalm
11-17-2009, 10:43 PM
I'm pretty sure there was a spinning back kick to the liver tko on the undercard...that was cool.

k-no
11-18-2009, 02:21 AM
Vera = ROBBED.

couch
11-18-2009, 06:21 AM
Depends how you score the bout. If it was scored on cage control, then you could give it to Randy. If you score it on strikes, etc, Vera smoked Randy twice with two huge kicks to the rib cage.

I, unlike some, enjoyed the undercard. I liked both the Bisping and the Hardy fights. I think Bisping did the right thing: put in some serious work. I think Bisping's knee escapes were nothing short of amazing and that's what enabled him to get off his back and win the fight.

Hardy can bang and so can Dennis Kang. They both came out swinging and it was entertaining, IMO.

Best,
CTK

KenWingJitsu
11-21-2009, 07:44 AM
Undercards were great.

Vera should have won the last 2 rounds
Couture the first.

Kevin73
11-23-2009, 06:59 AM
I think this goes to the problem in UFC scoring for the Couture vs. Vera fight. Courture controlled the whole fight except for getting hurt by those leg kicks to the body. Vera couldn't capitilize on them at all though, so in the scheme of things didn't help him out with the scoring.

I have seen other fights that a person scores a takedown, but doesn't do anything with it and the other person gets up from the ground and they go back to striking. Just securing the takedown gets big points in scoring the round even if nothing happened because of it.

That is what I think won the fight for Couture in this case. He was able to repeatedly take Vera down and controlled the pace of the fight along with ring control. Vera wasn't able to do anything other than land some punches that didn't stop Couture or really alter the fight.

KenWingJitsu
11-24-2009, 03:38 AM
That is what I think won the fight for Couture in this case. He was able to repeatedly take Vera down and controlled the pace of the fight along with ring control. Vera wasn't able to do anything other than land some punches that didn't stop Couture or really alter the fight.
Ummm I don't think you watched the same fight.
Couture never really got a takedown.
He got a brief one in round 1 And Vera got up immediately.

Vera got the only takedown (and mount) in round 3.... which should have won him the round.