PDA

View Full Version : trolling and baiting

uki
11-18-2009, 04:32 AM
obviously there is a relationship between one's intellectual/mental process and ones martial art... a healthy mind(or delusional - depending on your perspective of the two) is highly beneficial to formulating strategy, which of course is a big part in emerging victorious in an altercation of sorts - be it online or in the physical. so i guess what i am saying is... *snicker*

it is interesting to note the comparisonal aspects of how people hold themselves in here and their true physical natures in general. food for thought really... i tend to believe that those of us who are intellectually superiour in regards to this "kung fu post combat" are much more likely to have an upper-hand in physical strategy aswell - not implying that one is weaker or stronger, but that one would have a wider access to witty resourcefulness in the application of ones martial art ability when used in conjuction with self-defense.

comments anyone? :D

David Jamieson
11-18-2009, 04:46 AM
A correlation between one's internet personality and their real life personality?

Hmmmn..

Not many of us use our real names here.

uki
11-18-2009, 05:03 AM
A correlation between one's internet personality and their real life personality?that's not what i said, nor what i am talking about. :)

bawang
11-18-2009, 06:46 AM
hi guys i like trolling internet forums
the reall hardcore trolls at bullshido will destroy you and you will be in a corner crying and eating your own feces

u have to troll kungfu magazine forums? how pathetic r u??? :confused:

ChuangChuanPai
11-18-2009, 06:47 AM
I think there are too many other variables involved to correlate personality to fighting ability alone.
mental conditioning
experience
motivation

Any scenario using any number of factors is possible.

It's possible to have someone on here who just likes to get people's goats, and be an extraordinary fighter. It's possible to have someone who is just immature in life experience and social skills, who is a superior fighter, and it's possible to have the nicest, most intelligent person around, who is out of shape, not very experienced, and has no desire to fight, who would probably be an inferior opponent.

I think there could be some truth to this however, in the theory that a superior thought process could produce better strategies in a fight, but gathering data and proving it would be a nightmare.

I consider myself to be a nice, thoughtful, and intelligent person, but being an orange sash, would have a difficult time defeating a red or black sash in a fight (taking into consideration we were trained by the same person) even though the guy might be a jerk. I just think you can't compare apples to apples in this situation.
My $.02
Dave
Ch'uang Chuan Pai

Iron_Eagle_76
11-18-2009, 06:56 AM
I think anyone who gets their panties in an uproar over something posted on this site needs to seriously evaluate their own life. I admit to being brash at times but what I say are my beliefs, so you can either agree or disagree with what I say, really makes no difference to me. That being said, anyone so weak minded they flip out over internet drama probably has a weak personality, therefore, weak training methods and/or ability.

It's funny to note that generally a thread that involves little to no drama will have maybe five to ten responses, but if there is any indication of drama or a flame war coming the entire site inhabits it. That says something about human nature.:D

ChuangChuanPai
11-18-2009, 08:09 AM
Someone got their panties in an uproar? :eek:

lol.

David Jamieson
11-18-2009, 08:20 AM
that's not what i said, nor what i am talking about. :)

Hmmmn, well maybe you're not elucidating enough?

obviously there is a relationship between one's intellectual/mental process and ones martial art... a healthy mind(or delusional - depending on your perspective of the two) is highly beneficial to formulating strategy, which of course is a big part in emerging victorious in an altercation of sorts - be it online or in the physical. so i guess what i am saying is... *snicker*

it is interesting to note the comparisonal aspects of how people hold themselves in here and their true physical natures in general. food for thought really...

Because this can totally be read as you being of an understanding that you think there is correlation between one in real life and one in how they conduct themselves in an anonymous environment. (This one for the most part.)

Am I reading that wrong?

sanjuro_ronin
11-18-2009, 08:25 AM

it is interesting to note the comparisonal aspects of how people hold themselves in here and their true physical natures in general. food for thought really... i tend to believe that those of us who are intellectually superiour in regards to this "kung fu post combat" are much more likely to have an upper-hand in physical strategy aswell - not implying that one is weaker or stronger, but that one would have a wider access to witty resourcefulness in the application of ones martial art ability when used in conjuction with self-defense.

comments anyone? :D

If you are implying that quick witted = quick fisted, then no, you would be incorrect.
Many MA fighters of the past were functionally illiterate and would kick the ass of most people that know the laws of physics inside out.
No one ever accused Mike Tyson of being on the worlds greatest minds.

Xiao3 Meng4
11-18-2009, 08:42 AM
It doesn't take verbal intelligence to know how to physically fight. I'd say successful fighters have, at the least, high levels of visual-spatial and physical intelligence.

MightyB
11-18-2009, 08:55 AM
The more you practice fighting - the better you are at fighting... assuming were talking about people that aren't mentally retarded.

Dragonzbane76
11-18-2009, 08:58 AM
trolling and baiting

I like fishing... nice and relaxing. :)

goju
11-18-2009, 09:00 AM
No one ever accused Mike Tyson of being on the worlds greatest minds.

oh i am sure he regulary discusses byron and frost along with the big bang theory with his chums over tea and crumpets:D

David Jamieson
11-18-2009, 11:04 AM
The more you practice fighting - the better you are at fighting... assuming were talking about people that aren't mentally retarded.

that's right. Tards got that built in tard strength. They don't know they are not strong, ergo they are usually 2x as strong as yer average bear.

Tard Strength® , it works!

Hebrew Hammer
11-18-2009, 11:21 AM
that's right. Tards got that built in tard strength. They don't know they are not strong, ergo they are usually 2x as strong as yer average bear.

I new it would boil down this....Uki are you happy now?

Iron_Eagle_76
11-18-2009, 11:21 AM

I take it you have first hand knowledge of this:D

David Jamieson
11-18-2009, 11:32 AM
I take it you have first hand knowledge of this:D

Yes I do! I've worked with mentally and physically challenged folks before.

Those who fall into the category of "developmentally retarded" often have exceptional physical strength.

Iron_Eagle_76
11-18-2009, 11:35 AM
I don't think you got the joke, David.;):D

Lucas
11-18-2009, 11:36 AM
I thought that was an evasive maneuver ;)

GeneChing
11-18-2009, 11:53 AM
I think there's a fundamental error in your initial assumption, uki.

obviously there is a relationship between one's intellectual/mental process and ones martial art
I've known (and still know) some people with really low level intellect that are quite talented in the martial arts. It's situation specific, just like this forum. Having met a few of you, well, that's always fascinating - the roles we play here can be very different that our normal roles. Or not. Again, situation, and perhaps individual, specific.

For many, the forum is quite the masquerade. And if you've ever been to a good masquerade party, there's always a few that go nekkid. That's the ultimate mask, the mask of no mask.

But back to the initial point, I don't see the point in patting oneself on the back for being a good troll. Trolling is really easy, especially in this forum environment where things descend to locker room jibes pretty **** fast. The posters that I most admire here, just like the martial artists that I most admire, are the ones that exhibit true wude.

David Jamieson
11-18-2009, 12:04 PM
the best street fighter I ever witnessed messing up the mess would fall into the category of "group 2 functional illiterate".

He was not a man of words, definitely not a scholar, but he was great to have on YOUR side in a rumble. lol

goju
11-18-2009, 01:19 PM
dumb people are only good at being dumb:D

David Jamieson
11-18-2009, 01:38 PM
dumb people are only good at being dumb:D

illiterate doesn't = dumb.

SanHeChuan
11-18-2009, 02:21 PM
dumb people are only good at being dumb

I guess that's where uki get's his grandiose sense of superiority, he's just THAT good at being dumb, he thinks he can lord it over us.

Humility, Humility my friend.

:p

Lee Chiang Po
11-18-2009, 02:24 PM
illiterate doesn't = dumb.

LOL. One can be fixed, but the other one can't.

LCP

ChuangChuanPai
11-18-2009, 02:29 PM
What defines a troll around here?

David Jamieson
11-18-2009, 02:32 PM
What defines a troll around here?

Pretty much this:

definition of internet troll (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet))

Lucas
11-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Pretty much this:

definition of internet troll (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet))

wow, this place is infested then !

MightyB
11-18-2009, 02:36 PM
The posters that I most admire here, just like the martial artists that I most admire, are the ones that exhibit true wude.

I think we should start substituting "wude" for "word"... like "wude up mofo" or "wude to your mother"...

David Jamieson
11-18-2009, 02:44 PM
Extension of Mo Duk in an internet environment has a double edge quality to it.

Until you've known someone for a goodly time and possibly even met them in person, it's hard to tell if they are actually extending it, or just yanking your chain. lol

But hey, I never got to experience the wild wild west and therefore i am enjoying the wild wild net instead!

for now...

Lucas
11-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Extension of Mo Duk in an internet environment has a double edge quality to it.

Until you've known someone for a goodly time and possibly even met them in person, it's hard to tell if they are actually extending it, or just yanking your chain. lol

But hey, I never got to experience the wild wild west and therefore i am enjoying the wild wild net instead!

for now...

sixshooters at 10 paces, Sunday morning in front of the saloon!

uki
11-18-2009, 03:07 PM
Because this can totally be read as you being of an understanding that you think there is correlation between one in real life and one in how they conduct themselves in an anonymous environment. (This one for the most part.)

Am I reading that wrong?i think there is a way to discern people via their methods of communication based on the energetic relationship of their psyche and their choice of words.

If you are implying that quick witted = quick fisted, then no, you would be incorrect.this has nothing to do with physical ability... i am musing the correlation between wit and fighting.

It doesn't take verbal intelligence to know how to physically fight.i see there is a relatively general misunderstanding of what i am musing here...

The more you practice fighting - the better you are at fighting...again, this has nothing to do with the amount of physical training.

Uki are you happy now?yes. this is great!!

I think there's a fundamental error in your initial assumption, uki. it's not an assumption... it was food for thought. big difference.

For many, the forum is quite the masquerade. And if you've ever been to a good masquerade party, there's always a few that go nekkid. That's the ultimate mask, the mask of no mask. aye mate.

But back to the initial point, I don't see the point in patting oneself on the back for being a good troll. Trolling is really easy, especially in this forum environment where things descend to locker room jibes pretty **** fast.i don't understand why people who are adept at posting are considered trolls? it's like if more than half the board gets offended, people start crying troll... like its some sort of jusifiable excuse to belittle someone else because they have a different line of thought... no? the moment people run out of intellectually witty responses, they resort to calling someone a troll or something... perhaps i am mis-percieving the phenomenom here.

The posters that I most admire here, just like the martial artists that I most admire, are the ones that exhibit true wude.contribution to the whole of the way comes in a variety of shapes and forms. :)

Pretty much this:

definition of internet troll (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet))because wikipedia is SUCH an authority on all things... :rolleyes:

Dragonzbane76
11-18-2009, 04:04 PM
it's like if more than half the board gets offended, people start crying troll... like its some sort of jusifiable excuse to belittle someone else because they have a different line of thought... no? the moment people run out of intellectually witty responses, they resort to calling someone a troll or something... perhaps i am mis-percieving the phenomenom here.

Uki I agree

that is all. :)

Lucas
11-18-2009, 04:09 PM
we know that ignorance of certain subject matter or the inability to perform certain things such as reading or arithmetic does not necessarily directly equate to a low intelligence.

to me the way i took the threads of thought regarding wit is like:

it certainly takes a certain degree of wit and or intelligence to reach the level of a master strategist. someone adept at moving troops through formations across all types of terrains whilst maintaining propper defensive and offensive maneuvers and strategic dominance through thoughtfull insight and experience. the most obvious example:... Sun Tzu... no idiot can reach that stage of understanding and execution.

or another example is a chess master. similar aspect. to me this is what the wit portion of this thread was meant to address.

of course i could be wrong! :D

Xiao3 Meng4
11-18-2009, 04:11 PM
One of my favourite fight scenes is in the movie Ronin, when Deniro ambushes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1MkjmbdHUM) that guy with a coffee cup. If that's the kind of thing you're talking about-being cunning-then I'm still unsure whether or not that kind of thing is recognizable in someone's writing. I'd say that someone who is cunning in real life would be able to choose whether or not to be so in an online forum. So how does one differentiate between someone who is being a troll because they think they're being cunning, and someone who is being a troll because they have a hangup of some kind? Or what about telling the difference between two quiet posters... one may be truly quiet, and the other may only be pretending. I think the whole "craftiness is apparent in a person's posts" is still bunk unless you've actually met the person.

Yum Cha
11-18-2009, 04:25 PM
...No one ever accused Mike Tyson of being on the worlds greatest minds.

Nor Ali of being dim witted. I'd put Ali up against Tyson and take your money.

I think what Uki is alluding to is strategy. Strategy is pervasive in everything we do, of course, conscious of it or not.

History is full of great soldiers that used strategy to overcome superior odds...

The superior General uses strategy to eliminate conflicts before they come to combat.

All that being said, I think the shenanegans that take place on the board are simply the result of having a lot of people from different backgrounds, most of which are significantly more competitive than most people and enjoy a good stouch.

If you can't test your hands, why not test your mind?

I think its a bit optimistic to think that trash talking really translates into intellect or superiority, but sometimes, on a good troll, there is a strategy, or some element of humour to redeem it.

It certainly is a study in human nature to get to know the folks here and try to understand their constitution. A little probing here and there sometimes just livens up the show, but most people lift their skirts on their own.

Of course, lets not let the sideshow take over the circus. I really enjoy good threads, on topic, a whole lot more. But, fair enough, sometimes you have a slow day or two...

Troll Scale
Novice Skills:
1. Butt Crack / Silly A$$ (Cracks rants on threads)
2. A$$ wipe (Has opinions! Thinks his sh1t don't stink, but the fharts give him away)
3. Pain in the A$$ (Actually manages to elicit line-by-line responses to comments)
4. A-Hole (signified by first internet death match challenge)
5. Wanker (stage where most trolls stagnate in their development)

Advanced Levels
6. Social Marketer - (Is spam kosher?)
7. Joker - (at least one ROTFL response required)
7. Sh1t-stirrer (stimulates conversation, challenges assumptions)
8. Devils advocate (makes other people think about their conclusions)
10. Fully Accredited Learian Fool (Troll Master - Kow Tow!!)

I think Uki has promise, I think there is some good stuff there, but his trolling strategy is still in need of some development. He went from Noobie Butt Crack to A$$ Wipe pretty quickly. Right now, he's definitely a Pain in the A$$, but I think A-hole status is just around the corner.

I think Ray came pretty close to issuing the death match challenge....

However, I think he has forshadowed some advanced skills, so lets see if he can really put his perceived superior intellect to the task for the benefit of the thought, as opposed to the ego.

And, of course, there are always plus points for humour....

Lucas
11-18-2009, 04:29 PM
One of my favourite fight scenes is in the movie Ronin, when Deniro ambushes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1MkjmbdHUM) that guy with a coffee cup. If that's the kind of thing you're talking about-being cunning-then I'm still unsure whether or not that kind of thing is recognizable in someone's writing. I'd say that someone who is cunning in real life would be able to choose whether or not to be so in an online forum. So how does one differentiate between someone who is being a troll because they think they're being cunning, and someone who is being a troll because they have a hangup of some kind? Or what about telling the difference between two quiet posters... one may be truly quiet, and the other may only be pretending. I think the whole "craftiness is apparent in a person's posts" is still bunk unless you've actually met the person.

oh, we are correlating peoples posting to real life intelligence?

ya i dont know about that. maybe if everyone were truly honestly themselves....which isnt the case for most online posters.

but i am so screw ya'll :p

Lucas
11-18-2009, 04:44 PM
what about the Super Troll

you know, the guys that have more than one account and argue with themselves to further trap and bait others.

dirtyrat
11-18-2009, 05:20 PM
I think sometimes necessity comes into play.

I was a runt growing up (late bloomer) so pretty much everyone was bigger. One time I got into a scuffle with an older kid and I remember not feeling scared at all; more playful. I decided to pretend I was scared and ran and like most bullies he gave chase. I used a stop sign post or something to swing myself behind him. We were going so fast he shot past and when he realized what I did he put on the brakes but by that time I got his back... Being smaller I tended to throw all my weight behind my punches; jumping into it even.

I don't think I was a very bright kid back then and my grades were mediocre at best. My grades didn't improve until I decided to give a $h1t. Like I said, late bloomer.

Yum Cha
11-18-2009, 06:58 PM
...I used a stop sign post or something to swing myself behind him. We were going so fast he shot past and when he realized what I did he put on the brakes but by that time I got his back...

SWEET!

Lucas, 2 accounts drops a person back to Butt Crack in the new account, but maintains rank in the existing account.

So, you see, you could be a Butt Crack and a Sh1t-Stirrer at the same time, whatcha reckon?

Just remember, rank is like any skill, it waxes and wanes, with work on one and neglect on another, you could end up just a couple of a-holes.

David Jamieson
11-18-2009, 07:35 PM
"adept at posting"

:D

lolomfgwtfbbq!

Yum Cha
11-18-2009, 07:51 PM
"adept at posting"

:D

lolomfgwtfbbq!

lolmfgwtfbbq..?

I'm just dying to know what kind of BBQ :confused:

bawang
11-18-2009, 08:44 PM
uki is no match for john f springer

Taryn P.
11-19-2009, 03:21 AM
It would be so much fun to get a couple dozen of us together in a room and try to figure out who is who.

Start with X number of points...

You would get ten extra points for each correct guess that is based on looks alone.

Then you get to ask each person questions (subtract a point per question you have to ask before you guess correctly). Of course people would be under no obligation to answer questions honestly. ;)

You can ask each person to demonstrate three techniques or forms, either of your choosing or theirs.

If your score goes below zero, everyone else in the room draws straws and the loser has to spar you... if you win, you get a point and stay in the game. if not you're out, and the winner gets ten points.

:)

uki
11-19-2009, 03:37 AM
It would be so much fun to get a couple dozen of us together in a room and try to figure out who is who.

Start with X number of points...

You would get ten extra points for each correct guess that is based on looks alone.

Then you get to ask each person questions (subtract a point per question you have to ask before you guess correctly). Of course people would be under no obligation to answer questions honestly. ;)

You can ask each person to demonstrate three techniques or forms, either of your choosing or theirs.

If your score goes below zero, everyone else in the room draws straws and the loser has to spar you... if you win, you get a point and stay in the game. if not you're out, and the winner gets ten points. i believe i am the only person on these boards with a tattoo across the face... that just wouldn't be too fair now would it? :p

Taryn P.
11-19-2009, 04:41 AM
True, anyone who showed up looking like a photo they'd posted (or people who have discussed their tats) would be a Gimme. But if no redheaded guy with a facial tat showed up, we'd be free to guess that someone else in the room was actually you- because you could have posted a bogus pic. ;)

--------------------------------
The world would never have been the same had any of the Western prophets been struck by the same intuition that myth attributes to Bodhidharma. Probably, the entire Western culture would be drastically different. No rivalry between spirit and body. No tug-of-war between the soul yearning for Heaven and the body restraining it on Earth. Rather than wasting our energies quarreling with our bodies and with the natural world, we could let spirituality and sensuality dance cheek to cheek. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path

sanjuro_ronin
11-19-2009, 06:52 AM
this has nothing to do with physical ability... i am musing the correlation between wit and fighting.

It's a metaphore Uki.

Iron_Eagle_76
11-19-2009, 08:17 AM
This whole trolling debate is kind of stupid in my opinion. The purpose of a forum is supposed to be to talk about and debate others concerning a particular subject matter, in this case Kung Fu and martial arts.

Stating something that goes against popular belief is not trolling, it is simply expressing one's opinion. Uki, for example, is considered by many to be a troll, and at one time, so did I. However, his opinions, as asinine as they may be at times, are his and labeling him or anyone else a troll because of that is not only weak minded but somewhat discrimanatory in nature.

Many on here also pi**ss and moan about MMA or Kickboxers posting on a Kung Fu Forum, yet there is a section here dedicated to MMA:rolleyes:. Kind of hypocritical in my eyes. Anyway, discussion and disagreement are generally what produce fresh ideas and interesting discussions. In other words, just because you don't agree with someone does not give you the right to accuse them of being trolls.

sanjuro_ronin
11-19-2009, 08:20 AM
This whole trolling debate is kind of stupid in my opinion. The purpose of a forum is supposed to be to talk about and debate others concerning a particular subject matter, in this case Kung Fu and martial arts.

Stating something that goes against popular belief is not trolling, it is simply expressing one's opinion. Uki, for example, is considered by many to be a troll, and at one time, so did I. However, his opinions, as asinine as they may be at times, are his and labeling him or anyone else a troll because of that is not only weak minded but somewhat discrimanatory in nature.

Many on here also pi**ss and moan about MMA or Kickboxers posting on a Kung Fu Forum, yet there is a section here dedicated to MMA:rolleyes:. Kind of hypocritical in my eyes. Anyway, discussion and disagreement are generally what produce fresh ideas and interesting discussions. In other words, just because you don't agree with someone does not give you the right to accuse them of being trolls.

Dude, as anyone with any serious knowledge of Kung fu will tell you, kung fu IS "MMA" and kick boxing is boxing ( chinese boxing for example) with kicks.
People that have had their asses handed to them by "kickboxers' tend to have issues with kickboxers, don't sweat it.

Iron_Eagle_76
11-19-2009, 08:29 AM
Dude, as anyone with any serious knowledge of Kung fu will tell you, kung fu IS "MMA" and kick boxing is boxing ( chinese boxing for example) with kicks.
People that have had their asses handed to them by "kickboxers' tend to have issues with kickboxers, don't sweat it.

Quoted for truth!!;)

uki
11-19-2009, 01:35 PM
Dude, as anyone with any serious knowledge of Kung fu will tell you, kung fu IS "MMA".so you have serious knowledge of time in energy? self-expression is not entitled "MMA". MMA is a Mass Marketting Advertisement acronym used to generate revenue from an ignorantly large mass of peeps, yet no more so than the term "kung fu". :)

sanjuro_ronin
11-19-2009, 01:36 PM
so you have serious knowledge of time in energy? self-expression is not entitled "MMA". MMA is a Mass Marketting Advertisement acronym used to generate revenue from an ignorantly large mass of peeps - no more so than the term "kung fu". :)

Blah, blah, blah.
If that is what you truly think I was talking about then you need to seriously stop with the 'shrooms.

uki
11-19-2009, 01:40 PM
Blah, blah, blah.
If that is what you truly think I was talking about then you need to seriously stop with the 'shrooms.meh... nature provides food for the mind, body, and spirit - no need to starve oneself out of ignorance. :)

Ray Pina
11-19-2009, 01:41 PM
There is glory in real training. In sharing the hard work, drills, rolling, sparring and going out to compete with the guys you train with. There is no talk of Bodhidarma, there is no nostalgia for ancient garb... there's a lot of hard work, sweat, pain and unfortunately injury.

One training like this could easily take offense to offhanded remarks made by snide men hiding behind the annonmity of the web, putting themselves above, actually claiming to be "superior" by any means but true comparison. They create metaphors, examples, parables... many ways to try to do what is impossible to do.

If you believe you are superior martially there are ways to go about judging that, there are ample fields for opportunity. Same goes for intellect. Plenty of degrees, IQ scores, awards, professions, even one's chess rating to demonstrate that.

A Kung Fu brick layer proclaiming superior martial ability and intellect..... mmmm. This is how the internet gets funny. As a rational person, I would need some evidence to support such a claim given those two variables.

Don't mean to be a di(k. But I come here as a martial artists, to keep it real. If I want boobs there's better sites to go to. If I want fantasy I'll go rent a movie.

bawang
11-19-2009, 01:44 PM
u do know uki has zero martil art training
he never trained in any style of kung fu

sanjuro_ronin
11-19-2009, 01:45 PM
meh... nature provides food for the mind, body, and spirit - no need to starve oneself out of ignorance. :)

A wise man is one who knows that he knows that he doesn't know that he knows.
You know?
:p

uki
11-19-2009, 02:06 PM
There is glory in real training.real training as defined by popular approach.

In sharing the hard work, drills, rolling, sparring and going out to compete with the guys you train with.sharing is always beneficial, competition is not. we train for entirely different reasons.

There is no talk of Bodhidarma,thats because you do not see bodiharma as a principle.

there is no nostalgia for ancient garb...you can blend in all you want...

there's a lot of hard work, sweat, pain and unfortunately injury. you got that right...

One training like this could easily take offense to offhanded remarks made by snide men hiding behind the annonmity of the web,whose hiding? i have posted directions to my front door on several occasions. :)

putting themselves above, actually claiming to be "superior" by any means but true comparison. hmmm... i do not recall claiming to be superiour... this is all food for thought - how do you like your dish??? too bland? more spice?

They create metaphors, examples, parables...this is a way of teaching... passing along useful information.

many ways to try to do what is impossible to do.nothing is impossible.

If you believe you are superior martially there are ways to go about judging that, there are ample fields for opportunity. Same goes for intellect. Plenty of degrees, IQ scores, awards, professions, even one's chess rating to demonstrate that.you truly are blinded to the concept i am presenting here aren't you?

A Kung Fu brick layer proclaiming superior martial ability and intellect..... mmmm. i am not proclaiming anything... i am presenting food for thought - a topic of discussion... something i am curiously awaiting to see how it turns out.

This is how the internet gets funny.the internet allows for some of the best humor i do agree. i have had many a laugh over these here pixels on a screen.

As a rational person, I would need some evidence to support such a claim given those two variables. for those who believe, no proof is nessecary - for those who do not believe, no proof is enough.

Don't mean to be a di(k.don't worry... you couldn't be one even if you were. :p

But I come here as a martial artists, so how many martial artists are there with you? does the plural imply a mild case of multiple personality disorders?

to keep it real.how odd... my life seems pretty effing real too. imagine that.

If I want boobs there's better sites to go to.your computer will get viruses... meh... get a girlfriend, then there's no need for boobs on the internet. :)

If I want fantasy I'll go rent a movie.and if you want to win a fight, you better launch a more effective strategy...

Dragonzbane76
11-19-2009, 02:25 PM
ray,

your approaching uki wrong... hehe

you can't do the head on version you have to circle and wait. :) bend

don't take it personal ray, uki's every word is laced with something. He jabs at the soft spots. which would be your MMA record and doctrine you follow.

it's just the interwebssss... I do the same thing to Mr. Lok. that Uki does.

Yum Cha
11-19-2009, 02:30 PM
meh... nature provides food for the mind, body, and spirit - no need to starve oneself out of ignorance. :)

CAESAR:
Let me have men about me that are fat;
Sleek-headed men and such as sleep o' nights:
Yond Cassius has a lean and hungry look;
He thinks too much: such men are dangerous.

bawang
11-19-2009, 02:33 PM
uki sounds like he has autism or assburgers

if john springer or sifu abel were still around theyd destroy uki in minutes
they were the ultimate internet kung fu badasses

its funny how he feels so good because he trolls a internet forum where less then 10 people post
try trolling bullshido and u get destroyed

seriously phrost should get one of his supertrolls to come here and teach him a lesson

uki
11-19-2009, 02:44 PM
i bet all the people at work makes fun of himLMAO!! ya. (you seem to be a bit flaky in your posts... they appear and then they disappear).

You know?no.

CAESAR:
He thinks too much: such men are dangerous.this must be the manifesto for the NWO. :p

uki sounds like he has autism or assburgers

if john springer or sifu abel were still around theyd destroy uki in minutes
they were the ultimate internet kung fu badasses

its funny how he feels so good because he trolls a internet forum where less then 10 people post
try trolling bullshido and u get destroyed

seriously phrost should get one of his supertrolls to come here and teach him a lessonyou are awesome. :p

David Jamieson
11-19-2009, 02:50 PM
CAESAR:
He thinks too much: such men are dangerous.

such men are sent to the front line of the worst battles. :)

It's easy to be tyrant when you are surrounded by weak and lazy people.
So long as you allow them their corruptions, they will always support you, never oppose you and hang on your every thought and action.

It's human nature, of which, Caesar (most of them) were acutely aware in their splendidly illiterate and ignorant world. ;D

uki
11-19-2009, 02:53 PM
such men are sent to the front line of the worst battles.

It's easy to be tyrant when you are surrounded by weak and lazy people.
So long as you allow them their corruptions, they will always support you, never oppose you and hang on your every thought and action.
the world stage makes so much sense now.

bawang
11-19-2009, 02:55 PM
ur dumb
dumb guy

u waste ur tiem on internet ill go train badass kung fu
i bet ur jealous cuz no sifu wants u cuz u have red hair and smell bad and look liek a pedophile

uki
11-19-2009, 02:58 PM
u waste ur tiem on internet ill go train badass kung fu
i bet ur jealous cuz no sifu wants u cuz u have red hair and smell bad and look liek a pedophileactually, no sifu wants me to infect their student body of income. :)

Ray Pina
11-19-2009, 03:27 PM
such men are sent to the front line of the worst battles. :)

The men Caesar was talking about become the men that send men to the front lines of battle. The eager politician. The sleek businessman. Not just young and hungry, but thinks too much.

Ray Pina
11-19-2009, 03:44 PM
you truly are blinded to the concept i am presenting here aren't you?
i am not proclaiming anything.

"i tend to believe that those of us who are intellectually superiour in regards to this "kung fu post combat" are much more likely to have an upper-hand in physical strategy as well."

Those are your words and the exact bull$hit I am calling you on. You can Chinese philosophize and Yoda-esque every word I type... I am saying you are in the very long line of Chinese mouth boxing.

I have no interest in fighting you or even arguing with you. I'm speaking openly and honestly from the heart. If I am wrong, I like to see my error in thinking and evolve.

I have known some very good kung fu players, but they all suffer from this superiority complex. Its easy to be the best in your backyard. And its easy to use words to justify why you feel that way. All nice and neat. Clean. Like an old woman. Talking.

Yum Cha
11-19-2009, 05:24 PM
"I have known some very good kung fu players, but they all suffer from this superiority complex...

I think anybody that enjoys combat comes with a superiority complex by default. Hardly limited to TCMA.... In some circles they call it motivation and competitive spirit.

The question is always, "Is it justified". :D

Xiao3 Meng4
11-19-2009, 06:19 PM
From Plato's Republic:

"I know," he said, "exclusive devotion to gymnastic turns men out fiercer than they need be, while the same devotion to music makes them softer than is good for them."

One of Kung Fu's strengths is that it seeks to address the above problem. Combat and competitive sports in general could be considered to have more emphasis on gymnastic than music. Good Kung Fu is more than just the gymnastic, but if it's mainly music, then it's no good either.

Ray Pina
11-19-2009, 06:19 PM
I think anybody that enjoys combat comes with a superiority complex by default. Hardly limited to TCMA.... In some circles they call it motivation and competitive spirit.

The question is always, "Is it justified". :D

These Kung Fu experts weren't fighting. They were very good demonstrating. But one creates the situation in demonstrations. And the demonstrator and demonstratee know they're rolls. That's why I say its unjustified.

uki
11-20-2009, 03:26 AM
"i tend to believe that those of us who are intellectually superiour in regards to this "kung fu post combat" are much more likely to have an upper-hand in physical strategy as well."physical strategy... all the skill in the world don't mean squat if you're blind-sided by suprise. thats my point... nothing more, nothing less. it takes strategy to win a fight, not just strength and technique. it means you need to have some sort of mental wit to outsmart your opponent... feign, trick, suprise, whatever... you take things way to personally. :)

Those are your words and the exact bull$hit I am calling you on. so you are attracted to bullsh!t? interesting... then again, you do seem to dance like a fly...

You can Chinese philosophize and Yoda-esque every word I type...thats way too much work...

I am saying you are in the very long line of Chinese mouth boxing.hmmm... well, i am caucasian, but... don't count your chickens before they hatch.

I have no interest in fighting you or even arguing with you.good thing... the odds do not appear to be in your favor at the moment. :p

I'm speaking openly and honestly from the heart. well that's very nice ray.

If I am wrong, I like to see my error in thinking and evolve.why can't you evolve without having an error? i evolve constantly and not because of error - it's just the nature of the way to change... the more you fight it, the more it will trample you underfoot... a species survives by adapting to change, not the other way around.

I have known some very good kung fu players, but they all suffer from this superiority complex.and you my humble friend do not, right?? :rolleyes:

Its easy to be the best in your backyard.i don't have a backyard...

And its easy to use words to justify why you feel that way. All nice and neat. Clean. Like an old woman. Talking.the only old woman around these parts just asked for directions to your house... apparently you forgot to tip her for her services. :p