PDA

View Full Version : Feng Shuii

EARTH DRAGON
09-13-2001, 08:47 PM
I am rearanging my house in according to feng shuii principles.
does any one else use this for their home or office and if so do you have any suggestions?
also am I trying to speed up or slow down chi movement throughout the house or both? and How? thank you for your help!

http://www.kungfuUSA.net

[This message was edited by EARTH DRAGON on 09-14-01 at 11:59 AM.]

Nutt'nhunny
09-14-2001, 12:28 AM
there are rules of thumb, but mostly its intuitive. How does it feel. Look at the aura of the room, how does it feel. Does it need more or less of a certain element. IMagine chi whooshing through the house like water in a stream....what blocks it. WHere is the center? The nourishing parts? Is it dreary? Break up all the sha chi. Use crystals or dream catchers.

EARTH DRAGON
09-14-2001, 05:19 AM
thanks honey, I'm reading a book on it but it is somewhat diffucult to understand. Not sure how to slow down or speed up chi flow when so many things depend on placement. I guess it is like all chinese culture, and you need some one to show you how and why. but thanks again for your help

http://www.kungfuUSA.net

honorisc
09-19-2001, 04:32 AM
Windows let qi flow in

Qi flows through doorways.

Where there are the fewest objects is where there is the greatest flow.

Narrow an area, restrict/slow the flow

Direct qi flow is bad (no furniture where a person will sit or lay). In front of a doorway or window is bad.

Curtains block qi.

Color schemes corelate with elements.

you might have read some stuff like these. Perhaps these are easier for you to understand. You are right. It is best to have a valid authority on the subject. Until then,whatever whatever as far as what I put here. You decide.

Very some such, perhaps might have been, likely say some, some not.

dunbarj01
09-20-2001, 05:38 AM
I'm thinking of redoing my garden with Feng shui. I think I need all the elements all in relation to one another (like mountain to the north, water to the west?). Does anyone know?

"That would be me. I've been swimming in raw sewage...I love IT!" - Frank Drebbin, Police Squad.

aw.axis
09-23-2001, 01:31 AM
I wish I could give you an easy answer Earth Dragon, but I have been studying FS as long as Kung Ku and there are many subjects to it from Compass to Form School through to Black Hat. I am afraid there are only a couple of points of refernce I can recommend.

Are You Sleeping in a Safe Place: Rolf Gordon
Killing Fields in the Home: Alasdair & Jean Phillips
The Natural House: David Pearon
Fung Shui: Eva Wong

Hope these are of some help

Al