PDA

View Full Version : who is the better fighter?

uki
11-30-2009, 04:06 AM
i am feeling so playful this morning... allow me to tickle your brains, you can giggle or not... oh wait, there is no nerves in our brains - you won't feel it anyways. :p

so here it is...

who is the better fighter of two individuals that train in a basic similar manner and method, yet one gets into many fights through out his lifetime and the other does not get involved with a single one... who is more skilled in fighting?

David Jamieson
11-30-2009, 04:10 AM
The fighter is more skilled in fighting, because that's what he has been doing.

Dragonzbane76
11-30-2009, 04:16 AM
The more you fight the better you will be at it. simple.

bawang
11-30-2009, 04:17 AM
no one can defeat guan yu the god of war he has 10000000000 : 0 record
he is the best fighter in the world

Frost
11-30-2009, 04:37 AM
i am feeling so playful this morning... allow me to tickle your brains, you can giggle or not... oh wait, there is no nerves in our brains - you won't feel it anyways. :p

so here it is...

who is the better fighter of two individuals that train in a basic similar manner and method, yet one gets into many fights through out his lifetime and the other does not get involved with a single one... who is more skilled in fighting?

The one who gets into more fights will be more comfortable in a fight situation and less likely to suffer the adrenaline dump and freeze... whether he is a more skilful fighter or not is another matter

TaiChiBob
11-30-2009, 05:16 AM
Greetings..

The winner..

Be well..

Kevin73
11-30-2009, 06:22 AM
What is the manner of their training? How close to realism does it approach?

Also, what about the fights? What types and places were they? Were they ego fights with FAR inferior opponents? Were they assaults with skilled opponents?

Too many factors involved.

Kpower
11-30-2009, 06:54 AM
The fighter would be the better fighter but the better fighter doesn't always win.

AdrianK
11-30-2009, 06:57 AM
I have an even better question for you uki:

Out of a quadriplegic, and an able bodied person, who is the better fighter? :D

uki
11-30-2009, 08:54 AM
Too many factors involved.no. your mind think too much. :)

TenTigers
11-30-2009, 09:18 AM
I have an even better question for you uki:

Out of a quadriplegic, and an able bodied person, who is the better fighter? :D
That all depends. Is the quadriplegic up and about in a wheelchair accomplishing things, or is he simply existing? Is the able-bodied man doing the same thing? There are many variables.

then again, I don't think you were going in that direction.....;)

uki
11-30-2009, 09:26 AM
then again, I don't think you were going in that direction...i am curious to see if anyone is going anywhere remotely categorized as being a direction. :D

SPJ
11-30-2009, 09:38 AM

so here it is...

let them fight and you have your answer.

:)

dirtyrat
11-30-2009, 11:10 AM
we're talking skills in fighting and not actually winning fights, right?

i mean its logical to say that victory doesn't always go to the more skilled individual....

apart from having them fight, you could take a look at who has more skills when they are training.

fa_jing
11-30-2009, 11:14 AM
The one who never got in a fight, he has never lost a single fight.

:p

Xiao3 Meng4
11-30-2009, 11:27 AM
Consider the classic standoff between an old man and a young man (both MAs.) It's quite obvious the young man has better physique. Does this guarantee a win?

My Tai Ji instructor had two simple sayings. The first one was "Age and treachery will beat youth and skill." In other words, physical fitness and resource availability are not the only deciding factors in conflict. The old man has a chance, perhaps a better chance than the youth expects.

The second saying was "Old masters fear the elbows of youth." Again, just because someone is cunning and treacherous doesn't mean they can't be caught off guard with a devastating hit from a strong, aggressive opponent. So the young man also has a chance.

Fighting is but one facet of conflict resolution. I'd say the person who gets into lots of fights may develop more physical prowess, skill and experience, but the person who stays out of fights may develop more nonviolent skills of conflict resolution - perhaps by talking, or seeing possible conflicts ahead of time and avoiding them, or manipulating circumstances to minimize the chances of violence.

If the fighter doesn't know how to make peace when they have to, and the peacemaker doesn't know how to fight when they have to, though... then they both still have stuff to train.

sanjuro_ronin
11-30-2009, 11:36 AM
Fighting sucks cause **** like this happens !!
http://www.metro.us/_internal/cimg!0/e7ntgbjyelxqnxuk4baqogg419j7kbq

Lee Chiang Po
11-30-2009, 11:37 AM
The one who gets into more fights will be more comfortable in a fight situation and less likely to suffer the adrenaline dump and freeze... whether he is a more skilful fighter or not is another matter

This man should get the cigar. The none fighter doesn't fight for a reason. The fighter gets into many fights because he is not afraid to fight. Fighting does not enhance your skills as such, but it will allow you to apply learned skills. A person that is perfectly willing to fight will be more able to apply himself, to where the none fighter might have some inhabitions that would not allow him to express himself in such a violent manner. Even if the none fighter shows more actual skill than the fighter, he still will not have the same drive to fight as the fighter. Being that he has fought many times before, he will have far fewer inhabitions toward violence.

LCP

sanjuro_ronin
11-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Fighting lets you do cols **** like this :
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/10/7/128679058766718359.jpg

uki
11-30-2009, 11:41 AM
Fighting sucks cause **** like this happens !!
http://www.metro.us/_internal/cimg!0/e7ntgbjyelxqnxuk4baqogg419j7kbqi find this highly offensive... why did you have to present an image of a colored man being destroyed in a fight? they have international laws against this stuff... you just wait until i can afford a good lawyer... i will have the whole of africa on the stand tesifying against the use of this picture. :D :p

sanjuro_ronin
11-30-2009, 11:43 AM
i find this highly offensive... why did you have to present an image of a colored man being destroyed in a fight? they have international laws against this stuff... you just wait until i can afford a good lawyer... i will have the whole of africa on the stand tesifying against the use of this picture. :D :p

I don't know what you see, but see a black man attacking the fist of an asian man with his Jaw.

uki
11-30-2009, 11:51 AM
I don't know what you see, but see a black man attacking the fist of an asian man with his Jaw.LOL. nice.

Ender Wiggin
11-30-2009, 01:06 PM
I would say the fighter who had fights would have more practical experience, while the one who never got into a fight is probably the smarter person by avoiding the fights in the first place.

Lokhopkuen
12-01-2009, 05:23 AM
i find this highly offensive... why did you have to present an image of a colored man being destroyed in a fight? they have international laws against this stuff... you just wait until i can afford a good lawyer... i will have the whole of africa on the stand tesifying against the use of this picture. :D :p

He said colored man:rolleyes:
I loves me some Uki:D

uki
12-01-2009, 12:04 PM
He said colored mansaying black man is false advertisement. :p

I loves me some Ukidoesn't me i am holding the inside of your front pocket advertising being game with the down-low, yo. :D

The one who never got in a fight, he has never lost a single fight.you're a sneaky little thing... :p

Kevin73
12-02-2009, 07:22 AM
no. your mind think too much. :)

No, just trying to point out that the question itself is pointless.

It's like the sports announcers talking about who will win the football game based on who won the video game when the computer played it.

Human factors can't be quantified in a simple question and set of facts....

So, maybe I do think too much....:)

Kevin73
12-02-2009, 07:26 AM
This man should get the cigar. The none fighter doesn't fight for a reason. The fighter gets into many fights because he is not afraid to fight. Fighting does not enhance your skills as such, but it will allow you to apply learned skills. A person that is perfectly willing to fight will be more able to apply himself, to where the none fighter might have some inhabitions that would not allow him to express himself in such a violent manner. Even if the none fighter shows more actual skill than the fighter, he still will not have the same drive to fight as the fighter. Being that he has fought many times before, he will have far fewer inhabitions toward violence.

LCP

That's presumes that the "non fighter" has not fought by choice and not from a lack of oppourtunity. What if the non fighter has no qualms about fighting, but just has never had the chance to do so?

Lucas
12-02-2009, 10:31 AM
That's presumes that the "non fighter" has not fought by choice and not from a lack of oppourtunity. What if the non fighter has no qualms about fighting, but just has never had the chance to do so?

Then he probably hasnt been training with other martial artists. If you do you will eventually always have an opportunity to fight, be it at the least through competition.

AdrianK
12-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Fighting does not enhance your skills as such, but it will allow you to apply learned skills.

I wouldn't say thats entirely true. Applied knowledge allows your body to better retain abilities. Working out with a partner is fine, but the actual act of fighting involves much more, and your body and brain will remember how to properly act in this situation and if you act improperly, it will allow you to make a conscious effort to change this in the next situation.

So basically I'm saying, it would definitely enhance your skills. :)

I know once upon a time I always pulled my punches, because of my lack of actual fighting experience and the BS way my school "Sparred". This carried over even into my first smoker years ago :eek:

cerebus
12-02-2009, 06:49 PM
I am the better fighter. That is all.

Yum Cha
12-02-2009, 10:30 PM
There is a philosophical argument for the non-fighter being the better fighter, on the grounds that fighting is a failure of other skills, and a poor last resort.

That the fight unfought is the most efficient use of power.

I'll GHANDI your A$$!

goju
12-03-2009, 01:29 AM
the better fighter is the one who ingests large amounts of shrooms and climbs up in his neighbours trees and makes tiger growls:D

Lokhopkuen
12-03-2009, 01:59 AM
Badgers are good fighters I hear.
Tasmanian Devils too.
Thass why they call 'em Tasmanian Devils:D
Who'd win inna fight between a Badger and Tasmanian Devil?
Is there a Badger style?
LOL!

Kevin73
12-03-2009, 07:32 AM
Then he probably hasnt been training with other martial artists. If you do you will eventually always have an opportunity to fight, be it at the least through competition.

In the original scenario they both had the same training. Fighting is NOT the same as sparring and competition. That is why I suggested that there are too many unknown factors, and one of those was the level of realism in the training (I got told I think too much..LOL).

But, your train of thought is very valid with my earlier suggestion. If you have two guys who train heavily and incorporate alot of hard sparring and realistic drills, do fights outside the dojo help your skills that much if all the other pieces are in the training?

uki
12-03-2009, 07:37 AM
*munching popcorn*

this is great, keep it coming guys... especially you kevin73, i must say, your words are over-flowing with wisdom and understanding. :rolleyes:

Dragonzbane76
12-03-2009, 08:32 AM
watch out he has his fishing pole out. :D

Lucas
12-03-2009, 10:40 AM
id like to point out the original post had 2 questions though, which boggles things up....UKI!

lol

'who is the better fighter'

&

'who is the more skilled figher'

id say the person that indulges in performing any skill will be more skilled at that skill than those that do not.

however raw talent is born with. the 'better' fighter would, imo, be the person born to be a better fighter. whilst his emplimenting of the skill itself may not be as developed as the other guy, he may just have more raw talent.

however if the guy who goes and fights was also born with more raw talent and being, he will far outshadow the other guy in all ways regarding combat.

uki
12-03-2009, 10:57 AM
id like to point out the original post had 2 questions though, which boggles things up....UKI!*whack* baaaaaaaad goat. :p

Lucas
12-03-2009, 11:07 AM
*whack* baaaaaaaad goat. :p

oops, did i let the tiger out of the bag?

:p

Dragonzbane76
12-03-2009, 11:08 AM
tiger psh.... more like here kitty kitty.... meow....:)

Lucas
12-03-2009, 11:17 AM
tiger psh.... more like here kitty kitty.... meow....:)

lol, hey sometimes those cat scratches get infected!

:D

uki
12-03-2009, 11:20 AM
lol, hey sometimes those cat scratches get infected!especially when they have as much dirt under their fingernails as i do. :D

sanjuro_ronin
12-03-2009, 11:20 AM
id like to point out the original post had 2 questions though, which boggles things up....UKI!

lol

'who is the better fighter'

&

'who is the more skilled figher'

Because the two are mutually exclusive eh?

Lucas
12-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Because the two are mutually exclusive eh?

i believe its cicrumstancial. they can be but not neccessarily so.

but in the original posts scenario, i think it can be an element in discussion. they both have the same training but one fights a lot. maybe because hes violent and has no real talent so is tryng to make up for that. who knows, since its all fake anyway.

or it could be hes so talented at fighting, thats why he fights. maybe he blows so hard but sees his training brothers talent and is jealous. he fights and fights and fights, because maybe his buddy beats him in sparring every time so he looks for the experience on the street.

to many factors really but its fun to think about.

sanjuro_ronin
12-03-2009, 11:49 AM
i believe its cicrumstancial. they can be but not neccessarily so.

but in the original posts scenario, i think it can be an element in discussion. they both have the same training but one fights a lot. maybe because hes violent and has no real talent so is tryng to make up for that. who knows, since its all fake anyway.

or it could be hes so talented at fighting, thats why he fights. maybe he blows so hard but sees his training brothers talent and is jealous. he fights and fights and fights, because maybe his buddy beats him in sparring every time so he looks for the experience on the street.

to many factors really but its fun to think about.

Bah !!!

http://89.238.137.226/flash/f-Nice-Thong-145.jpg

Lucas
12-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Your argument is very sound sir!

sanjuro_ronin
12-03-2009, 11:53 AM
Your argument is very sound sir!

Its how I roll.

uki
12-03-2009, 12:04 PM
that argument sucked... surely you can do better than that - i'm thinking red hair, blue eyes... tattoos. :p

sanjuro_ronin
12-03-2009, 12:24 PM
that argument sucked... surely you can do better than that - i'm thinking red hair, blue eyes... tattoos. :p

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3311/3249391421_e08668e48c.jpg

sanjuro_ronin
12-03-2009, 12:25 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1079/1173360693_8ffd2dd1bb_o.jpg

Lucas
12-03-2009, 12:26 PM
now that gals thinkin! murder em in the walkin freezer and you have less clean up afterwards, plus the body keeps indefinately!

Lucas
12-03-2009, 12:26 PM
hey we got ourselves a real traditional red head there.....RUN!!!!!

uki
12-03-2009, 12:30 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1079/1173360693_8ffd2dd1bb_o.jpgnow THAT is what i am talking about.

sanjuro_ronin
12-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Not a redhead but beautiful work:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ZH5sp1oAsA4/SlHsZ0OSSJI/AAAAAAAAKpM/wlDg-hnBiOs/s1600/sexy_Phoenix_Tattoo_girl_tattoo_girly_art.jpg

Lucas
12-03-2009, 12:34 PM
ya that phoenix rocks man

sanjuro_ronin
:D
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/6/8/633800179659878300-perfectgirlfriend.jpg

uki
ya that phoenix rocks manrising from the ashes of burning her a$$!!!

Lokhopkuen
12-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Not a redhead but beautiful work:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ZH5sp1oAsA4/SlHsZ0OSSJI/AAAAAAAAKpM/wlDg-hnBiOs/s1600/sexy_Phoenix_Tattoo_girl_tattoo_girly_art.jpg

:D woodie:D