PDA

View Full Version : Running To Cure Blood Cancers

Drake
11-30-2009, 08:26 PM
All,
I am now part of Team in Training, an organization which participates in various marathons and duathlons in order to raise money for curing blood cancers such as Leukemia and Hodgkin's disease. I have offered to run a half and full marathon for this cause, and am collecting donations as part of the fundraiser. If you have even a few dollars available, it'd be awesome if you could donate to the cause. My link is below.

http://pages.teamintraining.org/rm/dhmomu10/dethington

Again, even if it is just a small amount, it makes a difference. Thanks!

uki
12-01-2009, 03:55 AM
i recently read somewhere that cancer is a fungus... you do realize that if they presented the cure for cancer there wouldn't be so much money made off of people having it - just saying. :)

Drake
12-01-2009, 05:06 AM
i recently read somewhere that cancer is a fungus... you do realize that if they presented the cure for cancer there wouldn't be so much money made off of people having it - just saying. :)

Cancer is actually a malfunction of the stop-growth mechanism of cells. I'm raising for a nonprofit, not a corporation.

uki
12-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Cancer is actually a malfunction of the stop-growth mechanism of cells. I'm raising for a nonprofit, not a corporation.you do know that when the cure for cancer is rediscovered again by people such as yourself, the big pharm, gov, and corps will come in and make sure you are belittled, ridiculed, and eventually suicided... your cure will be stacked off and catalogued like the rest of them and everything will remain the same. :p

Drake
12-01-2009, 12:50 PM
you do know that when the cure for cancer is rediscovered again by people such as yourself, the big pharm, gov, and corps will come in and make sure you are belittled, ridiculed, and eventually suicided... your cure will be stacked off and catalogued like the rest of them and everything will remain the same. :p

How about you guys help raise money for the cure, and I'll worry about the evil men in dark suits? :cool:

uki
12-01-2009, 01:05 PM
http://educate-yourself.org/cn/cancercurethatworked1997.shtml

http://www.rt66.com/~rifetech/

http://www.rifevideos.com/

the men in black suits have numbered days anymore. :)

Drake
12-01-2009, 03:34 PM
http://educate-yourself.org/cn/cancercurethatworked1997.shtml

http://www.rt66.com/~rifetech/

http://www.rifevideos.com/

the men in black suits have numbered days anymore. :)

Are you aware that people are dying from quitting chemo and trying these "Rife devices"?

His work was never independently verified, and there is absolutely no evidence of his devices even working. Even from my own scientific standpoint, a Rife device could not destroy the HIV virus, much less harm cancer cells, as with the exception of the stop growth malfunction, they are very similar to actual cells. You cannot cure HIV with frequencies once a virus enters the lysogenic cycle, because the disease basically becomes part of your DNA, which is why you'll see vaccines instead of cures for viruses.

uki
12-01-2009, 04:05 PM
because the disease basically becomes part of your DNA.aye... it's all about that DNA mate. :)

Drake
12-01-2009, 05:04 PM
At any rate, thanks Uki for keeping this thread alive. No gov't conspiracy here. Just me running a total of about 40 miles in order to help out where I can.

TenTigers
12-01-2009, 05:17 PM
keep up the good work, Drake. I support you in your endeavor, however I will say that I know several people who are cancer-free, one from stage 3 non-hodgkins lymphoma, from leatrile-which every country but ours allows. There are other methods involving diet and supplements that the AMA and FDA put the kabosh on.
I don't think they disbelieve in the therapies, I just don't think they have found a way of patenting and marketing them yet. Time will tell. Until then, keep on keepin on.

uki
12-02-2009, 01:39 AM
my girlfriend told me a story of a russian family... the husband got cancer of some sort, so the entire family decided to go on a completely raw food diet. no cooked foods whatsoever, after a period of time, the mans cancer disappeared and one of his sons had his teeth fillings popped out by his teeth healing aswell. :)

Drake
12-04-2009, 03:34 PM
Week One Update: http://pages.teamintraining.org/rm/dhmomu10/dethington

Lucas
12-04-2009, 03:53 PM
have you guys read about helen liangs recovery from cancer, and what are your thoughts about her battle?

taai gihk yahn
12-04-2009, 05:18 PM
have you guys read about helen liangs recovery from cancer, and what are your thoughts about her battle?

my thoughts are that w/out direct access to her full medical history records, that there is nothing to think...

Lucas
12-04-2009, 05:37 PM
well i was always curious after reading that article in this magazine a long time ago about her treatment process. wondered if anyone had read that article and had any opinions about that. maybe someone else

David Jamieson
12-07-2009, 02:25 PM
my thoughts are that w/out direct access to her full medical history records, that there is nothing to think...

*cha ching*

Lucas
12-07-2009, 02:39 PM
well it doesnt even have to be any specific case at all. im just curious from people who might have an understanding of how qigong and such could help with cancer patients, i just dont really know about that but have been interested in reading on it, maybe i thought someone might be able to point to some online info...i bring up helen liangs case simply because that is part of the claim, and the only one that comes to mind without having to go look for others who have used tcm to help them....certainly shes not the only person who has turned to qigong and other traditional chinese methods to help her situation. just a general curiosity about that....:)

but i guess ill keep asking around until i find someone who likes to talk about stuff like that.

bawang
12-07-2009, 06:24 PM
well it doesnt even have to be any specific case at all. im just curious from people who might have an understanding of how qigong and such could help with cancer patients,
one of my uncles did qigong all his life and died from liver cancer

Lucas
12-08-2009, 10:32 AM
one of my uncles did qigong all his life and died from liver cancer

aww that sucks. do you know if he knew he had cancer for a while? did he adopt any specific qigong to try and fight it?

no disrespect, im seriously curious.

Drake
12-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Anyway... about the fundraiser... ;)

bawang
12-08-2009, 10:54 AM
no idea he died when i was little, sorry. but because of him i dont trust those qigong micrales especially when lying and misinformation is common in china
sry about takeing off topic good luck with the fundraiser

Drake
12-08-2009, 10:56 AM
no idea he died when i was little, sorry. but because of him i dont trust those qigong micrales especially when lying and misinformation is common in china
sry about takeing off topic good luck with the fundraiser

Actually, the bumps have helped. Still no donations from this site, though. I'm sitting at about $600 right now.

Lucas
12-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Actually, the bumps have helped. Still no donations from this site, though. I'm sitting at about $600 right now.

i just looked at your donation page. ill probably kick down some cash around the 15th. probably not much, but what i can spare.

Drake
12-08-2009, 12:40 PM
i just looked at your donation page. ill probably kick down some cash around the 15th. probably not much, but what i can spare.

Hey, whatever you can spare is fine. I'm not expecting anyone to break the bank on this. I'd prefer a lot of small donations over a few big ones anyway. I'd appreciate it if you could spread the word about this, too. Those onesies and twosies add up.

Drake
12-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Made it to $1200. Still a ways to go. Looks like I may have to go corporate to meet my goals.

sanjuro_ronin
12-21-2009, 07:08 AM
Really wish I could have done more Bro...

As for the cancer issue, one thing that I can recommend to anyone with it, anything that will help boost your immune system will help you if not fight of cancer, fight off some of the things you can get because of Cancer.
Exercise is paramount, perferably low impact and non-streneous exercise.
Taiji and Qigong exercises can be benefitial for helping you in your treatments but they are NOT substitutes for them.

Drake
12-21-2009, 10:17 AM
Don't worry SR. If even 5% of the people I know donated as much as you, I'd meet my goal.

I remember in college biology when we went over cancer. It's crazy how it works. Nothing is more frightening than your own body turning against you, and nobody knowing how it starts or how to stop it.

And while not smoking, chewing, etc will dramatically decrease your chances of getting it, sometimes it still happens.

Drake
12-24-2009, 01:01 PM
"What shines a good deed in a weary world..." ~Willy Wonka

http://pages.teamintraining.org/rm/dhmomu10/dethington

Drake
01-04-2010, 11:11 AM
Ran a 10k this past weekend to support the Pike's Peak Search and Rescue. Uphill most of the way.