PDA

View Full Version : Question & Dragons styles

Aslan78
12-01-2009, 05:02 AM
Hi, I'm a neofite of TCMA and I love internal martial art.... so I ask you if:

1- somebody know wujiquan and can tell me history, concept, forms... of this style;

2- I read in this forum about the varius Dragon Styles in Wudang and (O)Emei and I would like to know much about this styles.

Thank for any help and sorry for my telegraphic post but I'm Italian and so english is not my first language.

Skip J.
12-01-2009, 09:08 AM
Hi, I'm a neofite of TCMA and I love internal martial art.... so I ask you if:

1- somebody know wujiquan and can tell me history, concept, forms... of this style;

2- I read in this forum about the varius Dragon Styles in Wudang and (O)Emei and I would like to know much about this styles.

Thank for any help and sorry for my telegraphic post but I'm Italian and so english is not my first language.
Welcome to the taijiquan forum.... lots of folks here do not have English as a first language..... not a problem for us. That's a pretty big question you have there; some will jump in here to answer I suspect...

Don't be a stranger!!!!

uki
12-01-2009, 11:05 AM
lots of folks here do not have English as a first language..... not a problem for us. bawang has an award winning english for dummies audio learning series... :p

uki
12-01-2009, 12:14 PM
dragon is the opposite of the tiger in regards to yin and yang(although both are part of the opposing animal families according to chinese zodiac)

the dragons are the clouds and the winds that carry them are the tigers... this is the best way to understand the tiger/dragon connections... to understand the dragon, you must also understand the tiger - and vice versa.

tiger is yang... dragon is yin... one is overt, one is covert - one rules the air and the other rules the land. :D

Aslan78
12-01-2009, 12:55 PM
I find the link of the post about dragon styles:

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1829&highlight=dragon+style :)

Skip J.
12-01-2009, 01:04 PM
I find the link of the post about dragon styles:

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1829&highlight=dragon+style :)
Hello Aslan;

That thread was from the southern Chinese kung fu forum... you might get more response over there...

uki
12-01-2009, 01:07 PM
you might get more response over there...perhaps not the kind of response he is looking for...

Skip J.
12-01-2009, 01:10 PM
perhaps not the kind of response he is looking for...
Well yes, us internal guys'n gals are not quite so "lively".....

DMK
12-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Hello Alan,
Welcome to the internal arts forum. Dragon style wushu /kungfu is a southern system that is based on external martial arts and later internal . You may get more response in the southern martial arts forum.Wujiquan is a old internal shaolin system you might get help in the shaolin forum. There is a guy there by the name of Sal Cal. sorry I dont his last name but he may be familar with this system as he has contacts with older traditional martial artist. I hope this help and wish you luck on your post.

dimethylsea
12-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Baguazhang is the ULTIMATE Dragon style!

uki
12-02-2009, 01:42 AM
Baguazhang is the ULTIMATE Dragon style!have you ever practiced it as a tiger?? just curious... it's nice to mix up your intent every now and again.

dimethylsea
12-02-2009, 05:34 PM
The Xie Peiqi-types would say I am definitely a "Dragon" type of bagua guy. I do Gao (which is all about some dragon) and I like'em.

There is some "Tiger/Panther" type moves in Gao though.. One of the houtien in the second line is "Hu".. which has a pouncing kinda movement. And of course one should always keep "the tiger's head" (basically the head does not move with respect to the shoulders while the body turns).
Oh and it's used as a metaphor for vicious attack in some of the classic songs.. "powerful, burning with anger like the tiger" etc.

Tao Of The Fist
12-03-2009, 04:29 AM
When you practice zhanzhuang in xingyi, do any of you guys use the dragon posture (does that count)? If not, what other stances do you use other than santishi?

Do any of you know about some good northern dragon styles?

kfson
12-15-2009, 02:29 PM
When you practice zhanzhuang in xingyi, do any of you guys use the dragon posture (does that count)? If not, what other stances do you use other than santishi?

Do any of you know about some good northern dragon styles?

I (try to) practice dragon body movement in the Xingyi 5 elements. The mechanics more readily draw out the power.